• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement [SA] SXC2K15 - SA Fighting Game Major - Nov 28/29 - Melee, PM, Wii U & Brawl

earla

Smash Lord
yo, you guys got a schedule?

considering flying in on the Saturday morning. what would be a safe arrival time in Adelaide for this event?

also how much risk is involved with flying in on the day? ~ I hear delays are more often just a problem with just international flights..

E

Browny

Smash Hater
yo, you guys got a schedule?

considering flying in on the Saturday morning. what would be a safe arrival time in Adelaide for this event?

also how much risk is involved with flying in on the day? ~ I hear delays are more often just a problem with just international flights..

E
Don't take tiger and you'll be fine.

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
Shakyy here, I have 2 spots open for housing over SXC weekend, I live a decent distance from the CBD but its easy as a car drive. I play all smash games and am fairly decent at sm4sh, cheesy at PM and wobbling at Melee. But for those who are interested at getting free accomodation in a roomy house then hit me up.

(My parents will be away for 2 weeks at the time so none of them either)

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Schedule isn't 100% locked but it is planned to go this way for the Saturday:
11am Brawl
2pm Melee
3pm Smash 4
5pm Project M

Will get the brawl ruleset soon
Will pass on some ideas for prize payouts getting passed down a place w/ consideration for genesis flights
Also

Registration is up:
http://safgc.org/

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
Shakyy Shakyy no chance of possibly having room for one more person? I have 3 peeps who need it. We are ok with ze floor if thats a problem LOL

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Me and Gman may or may not need housing (being non-committal is really cool), housing us comes with free smash 4 lessons for you!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Curious, are top 8 singles matches planned to be played on the Saturday or Sunday?

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
shame I am not coming up :( but commitments are commitments I guess... I shall be watching from home since I cannot go due to uni :/

Last edited:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I can house 1 person though I can only offer sleeping bag + pillow and floor. Like 15 mins from venue though.
So yea if someone's desperate hit me up.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Quick update to some rulesets:
Brawl is now 2-Stock
Smash Wii U Stagelist update: Omegas & Miiverse may only be selected after game 1, Delfino and Castle Siege are no longer part of the stage list
New Global Rule:
Wireless mode on Wii U Pro controllers and the Wii U Gamepad are not allowed to be used for tournament play, you may use a Wii U Pro Controller ONLY with a direct wired connection and no batteries installed.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS A PLAYER TO MAKE SURE YOU ADHERE TO THIS RULE. If you use Wii controls such as Wiimote + nunchuk or the Classic Controller please be a responsible player and make sure batteries are taken out whenever not in use.

Last edited:

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
Hey guys. Just wondering where we can look for accomodation (yeah I know we havent gotten it yet. What can I say victorians amarite)
At this point we would accept the worst motel in adelaide. Just tryin to look for some accom for 4 people.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
updated Brawl stage list
ALSO WE HAVE A SCHEDULE NOW:

DAY 1

(the word "POOLS" is just a mainstay from other games and is actually treated like a Bracket in our case)

Last edited:

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
it's just for organisational purposes, it's basically one big bracket but by dividing it this way we can set aside times for people who are entering multiple games. For example if someone wanted to enter Smash for Wii U and Melee then I know not to put them in bracket B for Melee and bracket A for Smash for Wii U.

Last edited:

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
~HEY GUYS REAL IMPORTANT POST~
If you're attending SXC 2K15 (even if you haven't registered yet, which you should do right now also: http://safgc.org) PLEASE FILL IN THIS FORM: http://goo.gl/forms/kzjHcW9Gmy
Basically tell me what consoles you're planning to bring and what you are willing to help with on the day (Interstaters are excluded from any TO responsibilities). Only people I trust with the job will be shortlisted for TO and commentary responsibilities though.

Splice

Smash Hero
shoutouts to no pools i guess?
I've never heard/played this format before. Sounds interesting.
Usually pools are just an extension of the bracket, split for organisational purposes; not a round robin.
This is how pools are run for most of the largest majors in America and Europe.
I'm not sure why Kaiza has chosen to word things how he has but yeah shoutouts to standard procedure

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Usually pools are just an extension of the bracket, split for organisational purposes; not a round robin.
This is how pools are run for most of the largest majors in America and Europe.
I'm not sure why Kaiza has chosen to word things how he has but yeah shoutouts to standard procedure
oi, pools being round robin is much more 'standard procedure' and bracket pools have only become a thing super recently, you've been around long enough to know this.

Splice

Smash Hero
oi, pools being round robin is much more 'standard procedure' and bracket pools have only become a thing super recently, you've been around long enough to know this.
bracket pools have been around long enough for it not to be interesting or made fun of.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
There is nothing that exists that sits in the realm of 'not to be made fun of'

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
but making fun of bracket/ no pools is fun :C

jk i like it when people pay $50-60 entry and get 2 tournament sets its rly cool and definitely not a ripoff or anything C:

but srsly, any particular reason why round robin pools aren't being run for this event? (other than a need to follow america senpai of course)

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
but making fun of bracket/ no pools is fun :C

jk i like it when people pay $50-60 entry and get 2 tournament sets its rly cool and definitely not a ripoff or anything C:

but srsly, any particular reason why round robin pools aren't being run for this event? (other than a need to follow america senpai of course)
Dunno if you looked at the schedule but the two smash games are the FIRST TOP 8 games on sunday (melee at 11am and smash 4 at 2pm). Most Smash-Only tournaments have the luxury of running the bracket out on day 2 and into finals later in the day. We don't have this luxury as we have to share the stage with the other main card titles. Additionally we want to give all games stream time and give plenty of time for friendlies throughout the day. We also have to accommodate people who are entering all the smash titles, hence why there's little overlap in the schedule for day 1.

Top Bottom