• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I will also try attend friday.

Guys, especially Jamage, I would like to properly record some of our matches at the tourneys like the finals. I have a capture card but we need something that can split the AV input from the wii so I can do real time recording and avoid hacked wiis. Does anyone have this sort of equipment?
If we can get some proper recording equipment, I'd like to record some Mario Bros. matches for my own selfish needs.

**** my life...
I'm sorry man, but no one was there when I did it on Saturday.

You'll still be able to do friendlies on Saturday, and you don't need to enter every tournament to move up on the PR :)

Azernus

Smash Apprentice
You'll still be able to do friendlies on Saturday, and you don't need to enter every tournament to move up on the PR :)
i know i know, i honestly dont care about the PR atm, im seriously just a beginner at this game still >< i just wanna vs people xD thats kai, ill be set with friendlies on sat :)

I can sell new white GC controls for $25 on Friday.
I dunno if I'll go Sat yet.
sick, ill give money to seth and he can buy one for me :D

SethT

Smash Ace
Alright, update on that cable. My mate is a fking genius and manage to make the cable without quality loss.
He's called it, the FrankenCable :D
He also might be able to purchase the RCA to RCA adapter tomorrow. If not, I'll organize to purchase it at some point.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Alright, update on that cable. My mate is a fking genius and manage to make the cable without quality loss.
He's called it, the FrankenCable :D
He also might be able to purchase the RCA to RCA adapter tomorrow. If not, I'll organize to purchase it at some point.
Wow, thanks so much for the progress man. If the RCA adapter is a bit steep in price I can split the cost with you.

Azernus

Smash Apprentice
Tourney is 8:30-ish mate :D
we'll see what happens :D

also, might ask you to buy my controller for me (if you have the money to spare, no big if you dont) and ill pay you back sat. seths not going friday night so if i dont mehhhhh idk.

whatever happens is whatever happens, aslong as i get to play smash, im cool :D

Eagle

Smash Lord
Well that's annoying. 4 white play asia controls. (I got mine just the other day.) Gonna have to personalize mine some how so people know it is Eagle's control. And when they realise it is my control they will bow down to it. And then they will kiss it. And then I will take it away from you and say "Why the hell did you kiss my control?" and avoid you for the rest of the night.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
wth, Eagle.

Anyway, just use a sticker or something.
I had Mewtwo on my control for 2 years until I spilt Sprite on it.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
we'll see what happens :D

also, might ask you to buy my controller for me (if you have the money to spare, no big if you dont) and ill pay you back sat. seths not going friday night so if i dont mehhhhh idk.

whatever happens is whatever happens, aslong as i get to play smash, im cool :D
You can just buy it on Saturday... But I'll get it for you on Friday if you want... :)

I don't have a cool sticker to put on my controller, what should I do?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Mason Spangler (Grim Fandango) says (7:11 PM):
Hi
Nova says (7:12 PM):
Stop saying hi
Sigh
Mason Spangler (Grim Fandango) says (7:13 PM):
Sorry?
Nova says (7:14 PM):
Accepted, what is it?
Mason Spangler (Grim Fandango) says (7:14 PM):
Ghostbone
is advocating
for Coin Mode
to become standard

Ghostbone

Smash Master
to be fair I'm not truly advocating coin mode, just showing that it requires no outside influences (such as banning stages, or putting a percentage rule in)

SethT

Smash Ace
...I'm pretty sure I once knew a kid called Josh
he died when the brawl community stabbed him for tampering with forbidden arts...

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Super Smash Bros. Melee South Australian Power Rankings: Version 1.0
1. 2SXC (SA Dave) -

2. Gaganova -
(
),

3. Hybrid -

4. Grim Fandango -

5. Ghostbone -

6. Apollo -

7. Exernus -

8. Aces -

Notes:
• I was the only person involved in the making of this PR list (because I'm the only one who cares).
• If you want the characters next to your name to be a different colour, just ask.
• Anyone below '8' is negligible at the moment.
• This PR list will be updated whenever I feel it should be. No set schedules.
• This PR list is based mainly on player skill rather than tournament rankings. This is due to the lack of recent tournament data to go by.

I dont even get considered for this even though I knocked Grim out at Relaoded......wth?
I know ive barely played melee lately but I still reckon id definatly be up there somewhere. I used to be #8 when we had a really strong melee scene.
Considering I used to run the Melee SA rankings until brawl came out I would have liked to at least be included in the disscussion of a new PR and not find out that someone else has already done their own.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I dont even get considered for this even though I knocked Grim out at Relaoded......wth?
I know ive barely played melee lately but I still reckon id definatly be up there somewhere. I used to be #8 when we had a really strong melee scene.
You knocked me out at Reloaded, yes. That was my first ever tournament ;)

I invited you to play at the last SG, but you were too busy.

You WERE considered, as I'm sure Apollo could back me up on (I'm pretty sure I discussed it with him), however, I hadn't seen you play at all and I assumed you weren't really interested in the Melee scene.

If you want to prove you deserve to be on there, show me tonight! :D

Top Bottom