• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S@X 64 Weeklies In Baltimore, MD Every Monday

iheartqueso

Smash Rookie
I'll be there the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Post something if they are planning on greasing sticks at that tournament because I have a basically new controller I'm waiting to grease before I use it.

Sedda

Smash Champion
if kero and company go, you need to tell gimr to stream this, shears.

get some of the melee kids to register to hit 20 if you have to

Shears

Smash Master
We will almost certainly be greasing sticks. Nintendude most likely won't be there but I will try to learn how to grease sticks before hand so we can get that done.

I purchased a gamecube to N64 adapter and will test that out, many kids have said they would certainly sign up if they could use their gamecube controllers. I'm thinking we will be close to 20 without melee kids but I think with them we could get close to 30.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
someone drive me there from NJ house
drive me back to my NJ house before 10am on thursday and i'll pay 3/5s gas

if you get me back by 10AM thursday AND the rules of the tournament are 4 stock, i'll pay 100% gas

( gas round trip to my house, its dirt cheap in my town so fill up before picking me up )

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
someone drive me there from NJ house
drive me back to my NJ house before 10am on thursday and i'll pay 3/5s gas

if you get me back by 10AM thursday AND the rules of the tournament are 4 stock, i'll pay 100% gas

( gas round trip to my house, its dirt cheap in my town so fill up before picking me up )
Rules are 4 stock and usually DL only (some noobs and melee kids like counterpicks but we have had DL only without issue and will probably do DL only from now on).

Also it is best 2 out of 3 always. That is for all sets including WS, WF, LS, LF, GF. Because this is on a weekday, many people, including VGBC staff, have responsibilities and need to get home eventually so to control time, sets are limited to 2 out of 3. Melee/PM/Brawl/3DS are subject to this same rule.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
on second thought it's a lot of travel to do on an extremely traffic ridden day of the year, and a lot to do for a 4stock bo3 locked event that's gonna be starting really late and might not even have stream time for us considering there's supposed to be a boston carpool for melee (and anyone can reason why that would affect us)

deconfirming for next week, still 100% on red bank though

clubbadubba

Smash Master
on second thought it's a lot of travel to do on an extremely traffic ridden day of the year, and a lot to do for a 4stock bo3 locked event that's gonna be starting really late and might not even have stream time for us considering there's supposed to be a boston carpool for melee (and anyone can reason why that would affect us)

deconfirming for next week, still 100% on red bank though
just fyi i think the venue opens around 4 or 430 I think. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting there as early as possible for max friendlies. Plus shears place afterwards will be good so that's close to 12 hours of smash. Probs similar to COA 6 but with more friendlies. Hope that changes your mind.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
just fyi i think the venue opens around 4 or 430 I think. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting there as early as possible for max friendlies. Plus shears place afterwards will be good so that's close to 12 hours of smash. Probs similar to COA 6 but with more friendlies. Hope that changes your mind.
Do you have a way to record and/or stream these friendlies. I'd love to see these matches.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
god ****ing damnit i forgot there is someone named DarkHorse at this and I meant to say "a" not "the". Basically shears and bark are gonna lose to an unexpected attendee (not me)

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
9 of the 10 regulars will be there with Nintendude being the one who can't come. Plus you and queso is 11. I should have the gc adapter so I'm expecting a few melee players to enter. Teflon Ron has a few friends that are coming so we should be at least around 15.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
What an awesome thread, bro. That custom bracket software paid off. I`ve been watching y`all whoop it up, good games. Got 5 days of online tournaments up on site if any of your guys wanna step up? :D

Top Bottom