• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S@X 64 Weeklies In Baltimore, MD Every Monday

Shears

Smash Master
Week 6 Results:

1 Apex | Nintendude
2 BarkSanchez
3 Teflon Ron
4 DarkHorse
5 Box64
5 Shears
7 AHP | WereWyatt
7 TTP
9 Swag Apocalypse
9 Beaan
9 Quintin B
9 Peanut
13 Linkdude74

https://advancedbrackets.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=4164

@ AthensHorseParty AthensHorseParty made the long trek up to Baltimore for Xanadu and joined us for our drinking events afterwards. Tied the attendance record again despite not having a couple regulars show. Need to crack 15 before we can get 20.

Last edited:

Jabs and Smashes

Smash Rookie
Hello, I've been into smash 64 for a time now and I'd like to come to S@X... but do you have an adapter there available? I play online off and on and I mostly use a keyboard. I'd love to go and make it maybe once a month (I live a little distant from most tourneys). Hopefully others who prefer different controller inputs are motivated to go as well.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
are there any videos from this? also that bracket doesn't make sense. you were in LF but got 5th?

Shears

Smash Master
No not this week, I wasn't in LF. Look at the bracket. Vids are uploaded to my youtube, eastcoastssb, and embedded into the bracket.

****, I copied the wrong url.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
So Xanadu on Wednesday 11/26/14, the day before Thanksgiving, is confirmed and definitely happening. I can house a decent amount of people, I have a huge wrap around couch that can fit 3 people laying down comfortably and a lot of floor space that people are allowed to sleep on (I basically have an extra living room that is empty and carpeted). I know a couple people have expressed interest in coming so I'd like to get a tentative list on who might be traveling for this tournament and hopefully we can make it much more than a side event and have some serious stream time.

So who is a possible attendee?
@ Cobrevolution Cobrevolution @ KeroKeroppi KeroKeroppi @Maliki @ bloodpeach bloodpeach @breakthrough @ jimmyjoe jimmyjoe @ The Star King The Star King @Mew2King @Ceasar @ clubbadubba clubbadubba @ Sedda Sedda @ AthensHorseParty AthensHorseParty @FrostKFC @TomJones @weedwack @ Quail93 Quail93 @iheartqueso @Gammelnorsk @DMoogle

They will also be having melee so anyone who wants to poison themselves with that garbage is more than welcome to enter that as well. Melee gets a minimum of 30 entrants and sometimes upwards of 50.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'm pretty possible

scratch: JJ because day before thanksgiving is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, m2k because california, sedda because nc, ahp because $$$$$$, hammerheart cuz he hates us, a$ cuz he lives in pa 4eva

idk the other people that i don't know

Shears

Smash Master
Well this would be the Wednesday before COA, so basically if someone doesn't have a family they can come to Xanadu, then go up with me and a few others to COA for the weekend.

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
Damn I use to goto BA, MD alot to visit my mum. If only I knew about this

Shears

Smash Master
This has only been going on for about 6 weeks so you may not have actually missed anything. But if you're ever back in the area feel free to stop in and play.

Sedda

Smash Champion
wow cobr what do you mean scratch me. maybe ill go. who knows?

nah jk i need to make sure i have extra money in case an emergency happens between now and apex

clubbadubba

Smash Master
a$'s family is still in this area, and it is thanksgiving... I'll text him. HE knows how to reply to a text!

I'll probably be a last minute call on that one

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
And yeah I think I blew enough extra money on pizza and beer while I was on "vacation" I should chill until Apex. Get some actual work done and get that money so I can definitely be there in January.

Whoever does end up staying at Shears though be sure to ask him about why classic rock is better than modern pop music

Shears

Smash Master
You can turn on Team Battle for a 1v1 for Green Kirby.

Also if I go to this I might have to return that night, not stay over. We'll see.
It was a joke. He was playing green kirby and someone was like "No way?! There's a green kirby?! He looks so OP, how do you get that?" To which he convinced the kid it was done by a series of inputs on a hacked 64 cartridge.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
that vid has so many views I'm famous omg sit the **** down. Even when Boom and Kero play at Zenith they only get like 6k lol.

I think I'll probably make it the night before thanksgiving.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
so i text A$ being all like "yo you coming down for thanksgiving" and he be all like "yea but I'll be mostly playing smash 4"

:glare:

Sedda

Smash Champion
that vid has so many views I'm famous omg sit the **** down. Even when Boom and Kero play at Zenith they only get like 6k lol.

I think I'll probably make it the night before thanksgiving.
thats because vgbc>>clashtournaments. this weekly series is the best thing for ssb64 if you guys can make it every month. we'll get a lot of exposure

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea seriously vgbc has been good to 64. Everyone should follow/like/subscribe to the youtube/twitch. Except for subscribing on twitch its all free so no excuses

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
things shears is really bad at:

1. thinking apple cider is a legit alcoholic drink

like wtf was that **** that was left here

mm'ing for my wasted saliva

Shears

Smash Master
things shears is really bad at:

1. thinking apple cider is a legit alcoholic drink

like wtf was that **** that was left here

mm'ing for my wasted saliva
We decided on getting that because we considered that booms girlfriend would be there and she might not like beer, additionally we weren't sure what everyone liked so we got a variety.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
i'm pretty possible

scratch: JJ because day before thanksgiving is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, m2k because california, sedda because nc, ahp because $$$$$$, hammerheart cuz he hates us, a$ cuz he lives in pa 4eva

idk the other people that i don't know
Pretty much :(
I definitely want to come down to Maryland for one of these though, shears. Just can't make this one.. Probably not anyways.. Mayyyybe

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I need to fix my control stick so I can start training for these. Can someone help me with this?

Shears

Smash Master
Get a new controller. I have extra ones that are decent I could lend you. Also we are going to grease sticks at one of these.

And jimmyjoe, we will try to have monthlies which should open up opportunities for more people to come down, but I know with work weekends could still be difficult for you.

Top Bottom