• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.S.B.S Tournament, Tomball 12/11/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

FISH CRAK

Smash Rookie
IM COMING TO THE NEXT TOURNAMENT....i kinda have to because aj told me to, and also im pretty sure that gabe and alex would get pissed off at me for not going....even though i know im not going to get that far.

FISH CRAK

Smash Rookie
You guys need to let me help you think of some new tourny events, like teams, and.....low tier teams, and.....im spent....

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Electric mouse...ignor my bro EMS....he doesnt even know the whole story...ill explain soon on what hes talking about. i still got to work out somethings befor i say anything public.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
NicholaiGinovaef you mentioned you live in El Paso, correct?

I'm not trying to put down this tournament or anything, but it is not worth your while to travel clear across Texas to make this tournament. This is not a big tournament by any means, it's just a local one.

If you want a tournament worth your while to go to, wait until TGA: Smash occurs in Austin, Texas. It draws over 100 people annually and the absolute best players in Texas all make it there.

Last year it drew a few competitors from California as well. It is worth your while to go to TGA in Austin Texas if you are going to drive that far.

G@BE

Smash Lord
He said he was not going to be here that long that's why he wants to come to this tourny.
Yes it is not that big of a tourny but at least it gets people.
some people had come form victoria.

NicholaiGinovaef

Smash Journeyman
Actually I posted that before I knew Tomball was like a 10/11 hour drive. LoL. And I do leave Texas by the end of this year. :( But somebody pm me when this TGA tournament happens. I'll show for sure. I want to leave a good name for myself before I go away. I'd also love to meet some other cool new smashers.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
TGA will definitely occur before the end of this year. It should occur in September sometime. A thread will be made when final plans are formulated.

Zap101

Smash Cadet
kailo34ce said:
anyone wanna guess why they call me king kailo
Because.... your mentally challenged and wear a Burger King Crown all the time... i dont know but i think thats a pretty decent guess.

Anyways yeah this tournament isnt the biggest **** around but i hope it gets to a decent size :p. Also sorry fluffy but the place we host it at isnt open on sunday so theres no way to change it and its also a much more convenient day for most people.

COME TO THIS TOURNEY AAHHHHH TURKEY TURKEY GOBBLE!!!!

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would like to dedicate a portion of Smashex.com to your monthly tournaments, if that's what they're going to be... I eventually would like to start incorporating other Houston events into the webpage and make it like a gaming resource for Houston smash players...

Zap101

Smash Cadet
That would be great fluffy. We might be able to make this as big as SmashEX but right now yes its gonna be a monthly. Also everybody theres gonna be a tourney so bring more people... lots... the more the better and as you all know im one wild and crazy guy who is tons of fun to be around... right? hehe and thanks again fluffy :p

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
The most likely date for the next TGA tournament is September 24th, if y'all want to keep that in mind. I'd like to see as many Houston people there as possible because it is always huge. I'm also posting this so you won't decide to have your tourney on the same date, because then you won't be here!!! (and everyone else will be :))

G@BE

Smash Lord
This next monthly was saved by who...me.

Aj next time you call de_bunker ask for jearmy.
Cuz the person you talked to never tolled him about the tourny i went last night and talked to him for us.
The girls behined the counter never give messeges.
just thought you would like to know.

G@BE

Smash Lord
okay here is the deal we might have to push the day of the tourny back.
so i will be able to go see my bro in dallas. so just checking in with all of you guys for the day of the tourny will now be 17th.

Zap101

Smash Cadet
Yeah... we moved the date back sorry guys i wish we could of gave you more warning. This just means that people have an extra week to prepare or... to reschedule for some.

Also this is a tournament for everybody like i said and people can vouch that if its your first tournament it will be good regardless of winning or not.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
there smash game? you mean chaos theory? or do you mean your krew? School wont affect my smash year because im taking gay crap that doesnt require any smarts.

Jobob

Smash Rookie
Well, I've been around, I got to some interviews, and generally spent a lot of time since the last tournament trying to find a job.

The good news is that I will probably be around for the next tournament.

The bad news is that I am becoming a little homicidal from being being unemployed for so long, and from the growing pile of rejection letters in my room.

The other bad news is that I still don't have a gamecube or anyone to play against.

The other good news is that this should improve everyone else's odds at the tournament.

As for Great Marth... you shouldn't take classes that don't require smarts, at college I specifically took the hardest classes so that I would be really well educated... and look at where I am now =)

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
Jobob said:
Well, I've been around, I got to some interviews, and generally spent a lot of time since the last tournament trying to find a job.

The good news is that I will probably be around for the next tournament.

The bad news is that I am becoming a little homicidal from being being unemployed for so long, and from the growing pile of rejection letters in my room.

The other bad news is that I still don't have a gamecube or anyone to play against.

The other good news is that this should improve everyone else's odds at the tournament.

As for Great Marth... you shouldn't take classes that don't require smarts, at college I specifically took the hardest classes so that I would be really well educated... and look at where I am now =)
Generally speaking, it's hard to find a job in Houston and the surrounding areas...due to our sucky economy...it's hard for me to find a job as well....hence, why i am going back to school......and even so, it's never guranteed that you will get a job...unless you are willing to move to Dallas, SA, or Austin.....i have a few friends that are college grads and are still having a hard time finding a job......just depends if you get lucky...

good luck with your job search

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vinnyman said:
Generally speaking, it's hard to find a job in Houston and the surrounding areas...due to our sucky economy...it's hard for me to find a job as well....hence, why i am going back to school......and even so, it's never guranteed that you will get a job...unless you are willing to move to Dallas, SA, or Austin.....i have a few friends that are college grads and are still having a hard time finding a job......just depends if you get lucky...

good luck with your job search

That's funny cuz Raymond looked for a job for one week and now he's got one O_o; hurray for coldstone creamery

and hooray for smash. I still wish I could have open Saturdays = (

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
fluffy-sama said:
That's funny cuz Raymond looked for a job for one week and now he's got one O_o; hurray for coldstone creamery

and hooray for smash. I still wish I could have open Saturdays = (
i'm not talking about just any ****ty job.....or jobs that people don't wanna do....either you have good ****ing luck, or hookups...other than that, have fun working at McDizzles... :ohwell:

Jobob

Smash Rookie
I guess I was a little misunderstood.

I am really looking for a career. I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and I really need something that uses that. As far as where I have been looking... I have pretty much limited my search to America and Japan (I don't particularly want to learn another language for a job). In the past two weeks I have been to San Antonio and Phoenix looking for jobs, and being on interviews. The internet is probably getting clogged up from all of the resumes that I have been sending.

Anyway, this makes me feel really old, at least for the smash scene.

Also, to Great Marth, if high school is such a breeze for you, you should do something about it. Once I got to college I always regretted that I didn't just get a GED as a Sophmore in high school (in my opinion, high school was the biggest waste of time I have ever been a part of). I am sure if you tried you could start taking courses at a local junior college by the spring semester rather than wasting your life away at high school.

In any case, I am already looking forward to the next tournament, and I hope to see you all there.

G@BE

Smash Lord
The only reason i would consider my highschool life is a breeze would be the fact of my friends.
OH YEAH!!...did i mention me and my girlfriend just broke up and iam FREE ;)

:uzi: Katherine :bigrocket

hehe

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Getting a GED is lower than getting a diploma. they both let u graduate but GED's are lower than diplomas. Well its kinda to late for me to start college classes, but your right though.

I will be doing my basic classes at my local junior college, then ill transfer to DEVRY for game design and development.

HEY, G@BE! why did yall break up? Dont tell me you beat her at Max300 and she left you cause of that....

And i think g@be and zap became directors cause they sorta like maybe hold tournies and stuff. Does that have anything to do with it?

Zap101

Smash Cadet
Allen your pretty much right... me and G@be like to host da tournaments and i atleast to host bigger ones... but school is slowing that down a little bit.

Also Gabe i understand that you and your lady friend broke up... and not to be an *** but that had absolutely nothing to do with smash... whatsoever... please take it to the Pool Room or something.

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
Jobob said:
I guess I was a little misunderstood.

I am really looking for a career. I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and I really need something that uses that. As far as where I have been looking... I have pretty much limited my search to America and Japan (I don't particularly want to learn another language for a job). In the past two weeks I have been to San Antonio and Phoenix looking for jobs, and being on interviews. The internet is probably getting clogged up from all of the resumes that I have been sending.

Anyway, this makes me feel really old, at least for the smash scene.

Also, to Great Marth, if high school is such a breeze for you, you should do something about it. Once I got to college I always regretted that I didn't just get a GED as a Sophmore in high school (in my opinion, high school was the biggest waste of time I have ever been a part of). I am sure if you tried you could start taking courses at a local junior college by the spring semester rather than wasting your life away at high school.

In any case, I am already looking forward to the next tournament, and I hope to see you all there.
no, we're on the same page...my post is speaking on behalf of both sides of the football field...especially graduating with a bach in Comp Sci....it's still difficult....the best option is to look in another city...which you have been doing so far.....you'll land the right job soon...

tournies happening everywhere....dunno which one to choose...

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Zap101 said:
Also Gabe i understand that you and your lady friend broke up... and not to be an *** but that had absolutely nothing to do with smash... whatsoever... please take it to the Pool Room or something.
nerd....

whos comin to the 9/15 tournament ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom