• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.M.A.S.H Theory, Who is the final wave 1 DLC?

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
If I find the twitter post I'll link it. But it states that each letter in the word SMASH represents one of the companies that made it to smash with the DLC packs.
S. Square Enix (Hero)
M. Microsoft (Banjo-Kazooie)
A. Atlus (Joker)
S. SNK (Terry)
H. ????

So what could H be? Well, I know that all the DLC so far have been third party, but what about a first-party rep to finish us off. So I raise you HAL Laboratory. And furthermore give you Bandana waddle dee! Yeah, I know this is a combination of coincidence plus my hopes/wants. But still pretty interesting tbh. What do you guys think? Any other prominent game companies that Start with H? and what characters could come from said companies?

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Nice try, but that theory is incorrect. Plus we know who the last fighter in the pass is.
Ryu Hayabusa.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well first step would be finding out all the game companies that start with h

not that i buy into the theory

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
well first step would be finding out all the game companies that start with h

not that i buy into the theory
I agree but none come to mind other than HAL Laboratory

If its not Kirby series HAL has Mother series so......Porky?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I've seen some silly theories in the past but this one might be the cream of the crop.

I'm just imagining how the DLC decision discussion must have went if this theory was true:

Nintendo worker: "Ok we got some character choices from companies such as Activision and Koei-Tecmo. Even Sony was willing to let us use one of their characters! Which one should we go with Sakurai?"

Sakurai: "NO! The final character MUST come from a company that starts with the letter H! Get those garbage character choices out of here!"

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

There's Hudson Soft, so maybe Bomberman could be the final rep. I doubt it, considering he's already an assist trophy.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nice try, but that theory is incorrect. Plus we know who the last fighter in the pass is.
Ryu Hayabusa.
With Terry being fighter #4, I'm not entirely sure about how accurate the community's predictions are anymore honestly. Not that I put any stock into what the majority thought anyway.

I wish. But I'm not buying into this theory.

There's Hudson Soft, so maybe Bomberman could be the final rep. I doubt it, considering he's already an assist trophy.
Hudson Soft went out of business quite awhile ago and Konami brought them out. So now, all of It's IPs are now owned by Konami. So, Bomberman is a Konami character now.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
What a silly theory.

Going by this logic that means Season 2 will be B.R.O.S.

So...

Bethesda: Doomslayer (Doom)
Rovio: Red (Angry Birds)
Obsidian: Vault Boy (Fallout)
Silicon Knights: Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness)

This is preposterous!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What a silly theory.

Going by this logic that means Season 2 will be B.R.O.S.

So...

Bethesda: Doomslayer (Doom)
Rovio: Red (Angry Birds)
Obsidian: Vault Boy (Fallout)
Silicon Knights: Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness)

This is preposterous!
no harm in a little fun speculating

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ryu Hayabusa.
Source or lose it

I would like to be ryu hayabusa

But I think the doom guy is the real correct answer

Terry comes out in November we should see that last character around there and you know what else is being released in November doom 64 and doom eternal and it’s a anniversary of doom

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Source or lose it

Terry comes out in November we should see that last character around there and you know what else is being released in November doom 64 and doom eternal and it’s a anniversary of doom
That's doesn't mean Doom Slayer is coming through. If Terry is anything to go by, we should expect almost anyone.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That's doesn't mean Doom Slayer is coming through. If Terry is anything to go by, we should expect almost anyone.
I’m aware it’s jst more of a Star are lining up type of thing

Besides I rather it be crash bandicoot or Geno over everyone else

Last edited:

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
With Terry being fighter #4, I'm not entirely sure about how accurate the community's predictions are anymore honestly. Not that I put any stock into what the majority thought anyway.

I wish. But I'm not buying into this theory.

Hudson Soft went out of business quite awhile ago and Konami brought them out. So now, all of It's IPs are now owned by Konami. So, Bomberman is a Konami character now.
yeah the original tweet i saw had bomberman, but hes already an assist. assist trophies dont get upgraded in the same game (although it could happen)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
yeah the original tweet i saw had bomberman, but hes already an assist. assist trophies dont get upgraded in the same game (although it could happen)
I think it's pretty safe to say that if any one of the Assist Trophies get promoted in Ultimate, Waluigi will be first in line due to the massive backlash there was from his deconfirmation as well as that getting covered by the Washington Post and other news outlets.

Last edited:

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Yeah, Waluigi will be upgraded to fighter someday I'm sure. But I don't think any of the current assist trophies will be upgraded to a playable fighter in Ultimate. So again I believe the best company to fit the theory is HAL laboratory and hopefully bandana dee. I really don't want an all third party DLC wave. It just doesn't feel right to me.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Source or lose it

Doom's anniversary is December 10th

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
doom anniversary means nothing tbh, i just don't think it will be doom, even though there are a lot of claims for it

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
While i think the theory is unlikely to pan out, i feel like it's 100% something Nintendo would do, and considering that it was Nintendo that picked out the lineup, i could actually see it happen.

Watch the last DLC be the Goose from Untitled Goose Game (made by House House).

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
While I think the theory is unlikely to pan out, I feel like it's 100% something Nintendo would do, and considering that it was Nintendo that picked out the lineup, I could actually see it happen.

Watch the last DLC be the Goose from Untitled Goose Game (made by House House).
OMG, I'd crap myself. That would be so stupid and funny. I just wanna watch the entire smash community die lmao. also can we theoretically talk about the second DLC wave B.R.O.S if the first wave pans out right

Top Bottom