• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.A.V.A.N.N.A.H Tourney July 7th

ss118

Smash Master
S.mash
A.t
V.enues
A.wkwardly
N.ot
N.ear
A.nyplace
H.ere

Who: Me(Articanus) and DruggedFox will be hosting, along with other Savannans, including the famous SDS and Triforce_Eternal(Happy now?)!
What: A tourney introducing the small smashing community of Savannah
When: July 7th, 1st Saturday
Where: Obviously In Savannah, but for those looking for a address, 134 Brandywein Road
How: ...just barely
Why: Cause we had fun at LFTC2, and we can't drive hours to go to every tourney.
Now it's ya'lls turn. XD

Registry begins around 12:00 pm, doubles to begin at 1:30 pm. Singles will start one hour after that.

No setups required: we will have 8 stations all together(maybe more), at least 3 of which will be able to record.

Bring your own lunch.

Conduct:
"Please be respectful and considerate to others. Do not distract players, basically normal tournament conduct applies, and of course everything prohibited by law is prohibited in the tournament." -Chillin

Entrance Fee will be as follows

Singles - $10
Teams - $10 a piece ($20 total)

In Singles Money will be divided like this

1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

In Teams, money will be divided like this.

1st - 75%
2nd - 25%
3rd - Special Prize or Money Back (if 2nd place gets at least twice money back)
So please bring as many people with you if you can come.

Bring your controller
"I can't stress this enough people, and if this tournament is going to be very big, so you may not want to bring a wavebird, or if you do, make sure to bring another controller in case you start getting your channel stolen, because hitting pause or complaining about it during a match is really lame and will constitute you a loss, no exceptions" -GAWes

Both tournies are Double Elimination
Singles will have pools
If anyone has a laptop that can work pools to set up singles, much will be appreciated if you would bring it. You will automaticall get 3 slices of pizza, to boot.

*Singles Rules*

Brackets

-4 Stock
-Best 2 out of 3
-8 Min Time Limit
-ALL ITEMS ARE OFF

Winners/Loser Finals/Tourney Finals(1st set)

-Best 3 out of 5
-Everything else is the same

Tourney Finals(2nd set, if one)

-Best 4 out of 7
-Everything is still the same

In-Set Rules

Both players begin by banning(if they want to) one random/legal stage.

1st Round: Players then pick a character. Any characters can be chosen, but if any descrepancies arouse, both players will pick from their main(s).
After character selection, random is selected, unless both playes agree on a single random/legal stage.

2nd Round: Loser picks the next stage from the random/legal stages, but it can't be the same stage as last round. Winner picks character first, loser picks afterwards.

3rd+ Round(s): Loser picks the next stage from the random/legal stages, but it can't be a stage you have won(if you've won) in previous rounds unless the opponent agrees with it, and it can't be a stage that was played on last round.
Winner picks character first, loser picks afterwards.

*Levels*

Random Stages :
- Final Destination
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokemon Stadium
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story (Yoshi's Island)
--Kirby's Dreamland 64

Legal Stages:
-Peach's Castle
-Corneria
-Mute City
-Rainbow Cruise
-Green Greens
-Mushroom Kingdom II
- Mute City
-Pokefloats
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Brinstar
-Jungle Japes

*Banned Stages
-Icicle Mountain
-Great Bay
-Flat Zone
-Hyrule
-Mushroom Kingdom I
-Brinstar Depths
-Fourside
-Big Blue
-Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
-Onett
-Yoshi 64
-Kongo Jungle
-Venom

Teams Rules

-4 Stock
-Best 2 out of 3
-8 Min Time Limit
-ALL ITEMS ARE OFF
-Same rules in characters and levels apply to teams
Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are off due to lag.
Kong Jungle 64 is set to random.
-TEAM ATTACK IS ON
-Only Finals(Both sets) will be 3 out of 5

Questions, comments, concerns?
Doggy's don't count XD

-Props to SleepyK for Acronyming Savannah. Skillz!

ss118

Smash Master
No it didn't..... I think...
But w/e, yeah, this is gonna be a pain for Atlanta smashers to come to(if any come), but I'm also hoping to pull in some North Florida people and Southern GA Smashers.

eastheaven

Smash Ace
Isn't Savannah like 4 hours from my house
I remember visiting some relatives in Sabannah, took about 4 hours

ss118

Smash Master
Yeah, It's about a four hour drive T.T
I guess we could give a free breakfast for any of those who came early.... XD
Most likely not free, maybe $5, but thats a small price to pay for cinnamin rolls, bacon, stawberries, and more.... I guess......
if anyone comes that early.
You don't have to come at 9 am, but If you don't, the latest you should arrive would be at is 11:00 am, so you can sign up and get in at least 30 min of friendlies.
And yes, wes, Savannah does exist. :/ lol

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
4 HOURS?
I'll have to see if I can work that out with the GPC guys. If so, then we'll bring somewhere from 5-15+ people.
But don't count us in yet.
I'll have to get back to you on that.

-Menthol

eastheaven

Smash Ace
I would come IF I had my own car.
I can't just drag along someone for a eight hours of car unless they wanted to go too, though.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I don't plan to attend this tournament. I'm just posting because I think you should make S.A.V.A.N.N.A.H actually stand for something.

Ares726

Smash Ace
CDE will most likely be there. I've got to check my work schedule and everything. Also, you might want to change the "2nd Saturday" to the actual date. Just a suggestion.

EDIT: I'll bring my laptop if I come. I ran G4S3 on it. It'll do brackets/pools/live updates/whatever you want it to do.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Smash At Venues Awkwardly Not Near Anyplace Here
Did you guys come up just for LFC2?
or were you in the area?

ss118

Smash Master
CDE will most likely be there. I've got to check my work schedule and everything. Also, you might want to change the "2nd Saturday" to the actual date. Just a suggestion.

EDIT: I'll bring my laptop if I come. I ran G4S3 on it. It'll do brackets/pools/live updates/whatever you want it to do.
What is the acual date?
I'm too lazy to look it up XD
Please bring the laptop. Free pizza 4 u
lol

Smash At Venues Awkwardly Not Near Anyplace Here???
Did you guys come up just for LFC2?
or were you in the area?
We came just for LFTC2. We planned for about a month beforehand, seeing how we can't go most places by ourselves(people at LFTC2 know why, don't tell others why, though, let them come down to find out XD).

EDIT: baka baka baka(to meself)
It's an acronym XD

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
OH SHI-

I know I leave for New York on July 5, but I have no idea when I'm getting back. If worst comes to worst, I can at least be there in spirit.

Ares726

Smash Ace
I will not be attending this tournament. I'll be out of town on that date. Sorry guys. CDE, bring this thing home.

Seven Deadly Sins

Smash Cadet
This is Articanus, stealing SDS's account for the moment.
Sorry that you can't come, Ares, I'd like to have played you, but I'm also intrested in playing the members of CDE.
Kaddy, you will make it. You don't wanna know what'll happen otherwise.......
TY, Menthol, I'll add that as soon as I sign in my account.
So I'm guessing Tong can make it, so long as he gets a ride...... correct?
EDIT: Ares, without the laptop, how can we do pools? Can you send it with someone in CDE or something.....?

Ares726

Smash Ace
Ares, without the laptop, how can we do pools? Can you send it with someone in CDE or something.....?
I'm not going to send it with anybody. Not that I don't trust them or anything, I just don't want to. You can draw pools up by hand. It's really easy actually. Just seperate the players by skill and location. Put one really good person, one or two good people, and two or three okay people in each pool. Then just draw up a round robin "bracket" to keep track of wins and losses. People can do things without computers. If you have any other questions about pools, I'd be happy to help you out though.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
mmmm this is a tough one to make... >.> I've been out there before plenty of times, but mid July is tough... someone's B-Day (Alpha's) interferes >.< (I'm talking money wise)

Seven Deadly Sins

Smash Cadet
hi, this is SDS now, not articanus. i have great news; i get my cast off and my pin taken out in 2 weeks, so i can make the tourny!!! i have gotten much better, so im hoping to have a more fun time than i did last time, lol. later.

Oh, and Ares, what's the pools program you have on your lap.top? i was wondering if i could aquire it by any chance. let me know

Gerbil

Smash Champion
We use TIO, just search for it on Smashboards. Nealdt, a moderator here, created the program I believe. Extremely good.

Seven Deadly Sins

Smash Cadet
TIO, thanks, hey, is it a program that's downloaded? or by disk. im guessing download

EDIT : ok, i got tio, so i'll bring that. thanks gerbil and ares for telin me bout it

Prac352

Smash Lord
I'll be attending. I'd like to meet the Savannah smashers. I gots family round dem parts.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Nice job on the acronym. A well done acronym bodes well for a successful tournament.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
arceus ish teh haxorz. this is farther away than columbus i think. 7hrs is no fun for a drive. and TWIPL is still the best acronym Slim. we miss you.

Seven Deadly Sins

Smash Cadet
Hey yall. anyone that is attending, please give me your smash name, and ypuor first name, and your location (i.e.-Savannah) so i can put your names and your ijnfo on TIO. thanks lots.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
For KO, Columbus alone is 7 hours away I believe. From Columbus, Savannah is 5 hours from us. I would know, I made this trip dozens of times within the past few years (my Dad used to live in Ft. Stewart, about 45 minutes south of Savannah)

July 14th huh? I'll definately see what I can do, go ahead and add me to the info just in case.

Name: Joshua
Smash Name: Gerbil
Region: Columbus
Crew: CDE

Top Bottom