• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
If Spider-Man does end up being in the game through some form of warped quantum mirror game causing thing causing Smash Bros from another universe to come through...I may actually end up considering not getting it as its going too far

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I think the internet would collectively crap its pants at the same time if that was indeed the real roster.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Awwww, he went all crazy in the head and snapped:(

Spidey would be bad a^^ but too bad it aint going to happen
Pre-emptive Edit: I was going to post an animation from Phoenix Wright 3, but I realized that it spoiled Case 2. :(

If Spider-Man does end up being in the game through some form of warped quantum mirror game causing thing causing Smash Bros from another universe to come through...I may actually end up considering not getting it as its going too far
Ditto. It would just be wrong!

cswright

Smash Apprentice
new insane post:

"Haha...just kidding.

But why in the world would I do that? Well, I realized there's no humor left in the Smash World. It's all about accusations of which person is fake and whatnot. So I decided, what if I shook things up? so no, that's not the real roster. I was just trying to lighten things up with Spider-Man I hope everyone walks away from this with a lighter attitude towards Smash. This is why I don't leak major info like this regularly. Everyone gets riled up and agitated. I hope this eases the wait for everyone

And please, please stop asking me about characters. I won't answer.

-thealmightygoat

So, anyways, who's ready for a major update tomorrow! You guys deserve it. Let's make this the official discussion board for it. I know I'm looking forward to posting it."

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Thing that annoys me is he keeps posting stuff that I cannot confirm or deny...its like he knows what I have and don't have and is working with that...

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
What the hell? He's getting annoying. He's been deemed a false prophet so he tries as hard as he can to survive his screw up. Seriously, STOP.

Thing that annoys me is he keeps posting stuff that I cannot confirm or deny...its like he knows what I have and don't have and is working with that...
Exactly, but it's obvious he is lying, seriously. Look at how acts EVERY TIME HE PUTS UP POKE DATA.

Black/Light

Smash Master
OMG a serebii counter type! Their soo rare. . . like the dragon type of the brawl rumor world.:p

And it's. .
Serebii 5,315
"leakers" 1
(CZ is kicking the leaker a** right now)

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
LOL that was hilarious. Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig, does whatever a Spider Pig does.

But in all seriousness I'm almost to the point of "LMAO" and I never use that. I don't know why but that ""update"" was funny. I'm actually laughing with him and at him at the same time.

:colorful:

Black/Light

Smash Master
(CZ is kicking the leaker a** right now)

One item leak is more like. 0.25
. . .Nooo, it's more like 1 for 1. Nothing else he has said has been either confirmed or debunked. And the nature of the item and the detail put into the leak (right down to the cross hair) makes it maybe even 2 for 2. Not only did he leak the item but he also leaked the info in great detail which was confirmed.:p

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Serebii 5,315
"Prophets" 0

Battin a good season this year :p
What? They play baseball over there? I thought it was just cricket. :p

Well, he's learned not to make any Poké-posts, considering that you can easily disconfirm his information. You'll be able to take him down without a doubt sooner or later...y'know, as if his fake roster and "recovery" didn't do him in already lol.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Originally Posted by Serebii
The sad thing is I actually liked that roster, Ridley, Dark Samus, Wolf, Geno, sadly no King K.Rool but at least it had FREAKING MEGAMAN!

I even liked the idea of Spider-Man... >_>

After seeing Yoda and Darth Vader in SC4 ANYTHING is possible.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
The sad thing is I actually liked that roster, Ridley, Dark Samus, Wolf, Geno, sadly no King K.Rool but at least it had FREAKING MEGAMAN!

I even liked the idea of Spider-Man... >_>

After seeing Yoda and Darth Vader in SC4 ANYTHING is possible.
My friend would love Spiderman. That would make his day for Pokemon, Mario, DK, and Spiderman to all be in one game.

Spider-Kirby would look so bada$$ too......

edit:

Actually, someone just made a good point. He said "Just kidding" about the ROSTER. Not the rest of the info......................................

o____________0

Call me foolish but wow. Could this mean anything?

Probably not?

Andabond? Just WTF kind of name is that?

Aww, I wanted Spiderman.. XD

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My friend would love Spiderman. That would make his day for Pokemon, Mario, DK, and Spiderman to all be in one game.

Spider-Kirby would look so bada$$ too......
Lol Kirby shooting webs out of his mouth. :laugh:

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Someone needs to just go ahead and leak the roster, this is getting pretty bad. I really would enjoy the chance to just discuss the character WE KNOW will be in the game, what their attacks will be and all that, until we can FINALLY get our hands on the masterpiece. But no, we have to sit and observe all this garbage, that I feel the Smash community does not deserve whatsoever. Come on Japan, LEAK THE ROSTER!

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Someone needs to just go ahead and leak the roster, this is getting pretty bad. I really would enjoy the chance to just discuss the character WE KNOW will be in the game, what their attacks will be and all that, until we can FINALLY get our hands on the masterpiece. But no, we have to sit and observe all this garbage, that I feel the Smash community does not deserve whatsoever. Come on Japan, LEAK THE ROSTER!
I wholeheartedly agree..

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Actually, Chaos is 3-0.

Stage builder (posted day or day after it updated), Sheik, and the Dragoon.
Chaod and Serebii are the only people I trust.

TheAlmightyGoat, NyaseNya, FForceSultan, ChaoticImplosion, Rapscouter, anyone from 2chan and Gamefaqs, and all the rest of them are.

F.A.K.E

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I actually think goat is legit. He just needs to think before he posts, and add reasons, instead of having people call him out all the time

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I actually think goat is legit. He just needs to think before he posts, and add reasons, instead of having people call him out all the time
His roster is also pretty nice if you take out the WTF things:

-Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Geno, Paper Mario

-Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link (Cel-Shaded),Midna and Wolf Link

-Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario

-Fox, Krystal, Wolf

-Samus/ZSS, Ridley, Dark Samus

-Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede

-Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K.Rool

-Lucas, Ness

-Ike, Micaiah, Sigurd

-Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Pit, Sukapon, R.O.B

-Wario, Captain Syrup

-Isaac, Felix

-Captain Olimar, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Animal Crossing Main Character,Professor Kawashima,

-Snake, Sonic, Megaman,

Take out Spider-Man, Andabond; add R.O.B and King K.Rool, perfect roster with some good WTF characters.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
WE got some nut case claiming that he's got a guide book (living in Japan, obvioulsy) and has the full roster.

Mario
Pikachu
Link
Kirby
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Captain Falcon
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Pit
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong
Wario
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Lucas
Pikmin & Olimar
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Krystal
Bowser Jr.
Falco
Lucario
Isaac
Marth
Mewtwo
Black Shadow
King K. Rool
Ganondorf
Ridley
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
Sonic

I'm gonna say fake due to the fact that so many hidden characters are veterans.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
In all fairness, assuming thealmightygoat is telling the truth, his roster post was a joke.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
jesus.
it's only been a week and this topic already reaches 100 pages.

this forum really is Dedicated

Tenkai

Smash Cadet
Well I really hope that's a fake.
This is a way too classic roster.
No WTF character or retro one, no surprise (except maybe Isaac), well it would be a really bad one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The fake roster dude is a fake

I'm not coming back. I tried to help by giving you this list, but as always, the ungrateful majority of you **** on everything that comes out of my mouth.

What annoys me the most is that you guys are flaming me for YOUR OWN IGNORANCE. "Fake, Sonic's not there." Yes he is. Learn to read before complaining.

I have work in a few hours, where I was going to bring the guide in for a few scans. We only have one cellphone (my wife has it), which we swap custody of whenever one of us has work, so we can get in contact with each other if something happens. We don't really have the money to pay for another cellphone plan, let alone a scanner. I assure you those pics were going to come.

You'll see when the game comes out that I was right. The same thing happened for Melee. I may be a relatively new user, but I'm no liar.

Top Bottom