• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Well people were wondering what the deal was with NyaNyase because he "predicted Olimar and his moves," which I don't even recall. So, assuming he's right, that's how the game would look I guess. I just threw on the Prima guy because people were mentioning him having "newfound truth" despite being utterly fake (and lucky).

On the subject of Charizard, Air Slash/Air Cutter is kind of irrelevant to a non-Pokemon nerd. To Pokemon players there's a huge difference between one being an actually halfway decent move and the other totally sucking ***, and there's the fact that Charizard learns one and not the other. BUT to a non-player, is there a difference? Even if he's lying, he didn't know the attack names and changed it accordingly. If he's not lying, then he probably just didn't know his Pokemon stuff from DP and had to change the attack name (though Air Cutter was introduced in RSE, so we'd have to assume he's clueless there too [despite knowledge of Blaziken]).

Visually, the moves aren't DRASTICALLY different if you're trying to picture how they'd work in a Smash game. So let's just wait until we see the description of Charizard's Up B and then decide, because this guy isn't fully debunked yet.
At least SOMEONE agrees with me :D

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I heard from my friend that Zelda/Shiek has two transformations. Zelda's is called Twilight Transformation and Shiek's is called Phantom Transformation.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well people were wondering what the deal was with NyaNyase because he "predicted Olimar and his moves," which I don't even recall. So, assuming he's right, that's how the game would look I guess. I just threw on the Prima guy because people were mentioning him having "newfound truth" despite being utterly fake (and lucky).
It is a pattern first of all that I discovered that was interesting, it is not fact but simply an interesting theory.

The thing about Olimar is people have been guessing (and rightly predicted) his moveset since MAY! So just because she says something people have been speculating about since May, does not make her anymore truthful.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Honestly, Olimar wasn't really THAT hard to figure out. How ELSE do you expect his to fight? Using his itty bitty arms and itty bitty feet? No. You expect him to use Pikmin as nunchuks (which I SO hope his a Smash Attack :D).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Honestly, Olimar wasn't really THAT hard to figure out. How ELSE do you expect his to fight? Using his itty bitty arms and itty bitty feet? No. You expect him to use Pikmin as nunchuks (which I SO hope his a Smash Attack :D).
QFT.......

Black/Light

Smash Master
I very much agree. "He throws pikmin" OMG, so unexpected! "He can call them back and the have differences in effects between them" Wow!!! I had no idea they could think of giving the things different effects or that when they scatter he could some how make them come back. . .

He completely screwed up Zelda's FS and he says Char's Up B is him shooting fire to his left and right (upwards I guess. . . ) so I have no reason to think that these pretty simple moves he listed where any less of a guess than those 2.

Charzonsos

Smash Cadet
Apart from that one errant attack though, my point stands as Thunder Jolt doesnt actually exist while the others do, including Air Cutter and Air Slash
Serebii, you claim Pikachu never uses Thunder Jolt, well I beg to differ.

The card clearly has Thunder Jolt printed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
........wait then..........

So now Serebii shouldn't be trusted about pluse and minun not being playable?
...Why, because he doesn't know what Charizard's attack is?

They won't either way

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
thealmightygoat said:
Charizard Move Correction

Okay, this is probably the closest I am to revealing one of my sources...

He mistranslated the character cards upon receiving them first. The move is indeed Air Slash. He made a more literal translation and assumed it to be Air Cutter, yet got the two confused. Neither of us know much about Pokemon, so I apologize. Also, after some research, Air Slash is indeed a move, so the message I received is now extremely puzzling to me. Air Slash certainly makes more sense to me, so when I asked my source to re-translate and he came up with Air Cutter, I was puzzled but I trusted him. It was a simple mistake on his part. So to clarify, it is AIR SLASH. Not AIR CUTTER.
*coughINSERTWHATYOUWILLHEREcough*

:laugh:

Charizard, use Hyrdo Blast!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
don't question serebii's credibility, he gives us alot of help disproving rumors and leaks and he doesn't have to do any of it.

if he slips up on the correct wording of an attack (thing like this are exactly what change during translation by the way) it really doesn't make him any less credible, he's the ONLY person worth listening to regaurding things that airn't open to the public in smash anyway.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Just a quick note

If his source was an actual source who had played the game, he would have had the attack's name straight away

From that he wouldnt have had to rely on translations from the cards that could cause this sort of thing

This has made me really question him

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
........wait then..........

So now Serebii shouldn't be trusted about pluse and minun not being playable?
Well, I'm sure he knows which Pokémon are Poké-playable, but I doubt that he knows every single Pokéball character; there's surely nearly 100, given the fact that we have so many total Pokémon.

OH! And about thealmightygoat: he's an IDIOT.

Air Slash is エアスラッシュ (EASURASSHU), pretty much a direct translation into katakana from the original English. Air Cutter on the other hand is エアカッター (EAKATTAA), another direct translation from the equivalent English. Anyone that can read kana at all will tell you that the two are blatantly different and that to mistake one for the other would be like confusing left and right. Goat needs to quit covering his arse and give it up--he's a fake, and this proves it.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i think the key thing is "translation" and this is the exact sort of thing that they change to something different for the american version so if one person says cutter and another slash it could be just a different interpretation of what it will end up being called.

like he COULD have translated it from a japanese version or he could have played the american version where they changed it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I would prefer to wait till Chars card is SCANNED (note, not a sucky phone pic) and see whats on the card before I care to yell "fakess!".

Really, I have seen some wacky Japanese to english translations for Manga spoilers and what not. . . wouldn't shock me if the translator was wrong. And if his translator didn't actually send him something about it being air cutter than I see no reason for him to have changed it. Either way we will see soon enuff.

And really, Im shocked at how much people CARE. "He is fake! He is a dumb FAKE!! He is lieing about the. . . .ATs. . .and the. . SSE stuff. . ". Really, who gives a flying hoot? He hasn't said anything about NEW chars or returning chars or cut characters so I really couldn't care less about if he is a fake or not. He hasn't said one harmful or important thing dealing with what we care most about (chars) so who cares?

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
I would prefer to wait till Chars card is SCANNED (note, not a sucky phone pic) and see whats on the card before I care to yell "fakess!".

Really, I have seen some wacky Japanese to english translations for Manga spoilers and what not. . . wouldn't shock me if the translator was wrong. And if his translator didn't actually send him something about it being air cutter than I see no reason for him to have changed it. Either way we will see soon enuff.
The thing is, he claimed his stuff came from his source, an american one, beforehand and if that was the case, he wouldnt have corrected what he said for a japanese card and such

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
If were still talking about the goat prophet he made a very odd post about how people were finding out. Said it would be his last. Posted a character roster and posted it on his blog a little while ago.

It has spider man on it. :chuckle:

Black/Light

Smash Master
The thing is, he claimed his stuff came from his source, an american one, beforehand and if that was the case, he wouldnt have corrected what he said for a japanese card and such
From what I remember he claims to get his info from more than one source.:ohwell:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well...my work here is done lol
You know, for a second I almost interpreted it as if you were leaving and not commenting on the roster because it was the real roster and you didn't want to confirm it.

Don't scare me like that. ;)

cswright

Smash Apprentice
here it is again if some didnt see it:

I have to make this quick.

I've been told that people are starting to find me out. People who don't want leaked info about their game. This will be the final update. Remember all that I've said, and I'm going to leak as much as I can. Somebody save this, as it's bound to be deleted soon after I post it.

The Roster (49 Characters not counting transformations):

-Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Geno, Paper Mario

-Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link (Cel-Shaded),Midna and Wolf Link

-Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario

-Fox, Krystal, Wolf

-Samus/ZSS, Ridley, Dark Samus

-Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede

-Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong

-Lucas, Ness

-Ike, Micaiah, Sigurd

-Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Pit, Sukapon

-Wario, Captain Syrup

-Isaac, Felix

-Captain Olimar, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Animal CrossingMain Character,Professor Kawashima, Andabond(WTF Character, an original Smash Bros. character)

-Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Spider-Man (3rd Party WTF, voted the best character in the game by my sources)

Status of the Cut Characters:

-Pichu is a Pokeball character.

-Dr. Mario is an Assist Trophy.

-Mewtwo is a minorboss in SSE.

-Falco appears in SSE to help Fox, but is not playable. He is an Assist Trophy. Assist Trophies are characters that were turned into trophies by the Subspace Army in Brawl. Freeing them results in them helping you on your journey. In SSE, you team up with several AT's, including Falco and Balloon Fighter.

-Roy is an Assist Trophy

-Marth is a hostage of the Ancient Minister in SSE andSigurd goes to rescue him, teams up with several characters in the process, then finds thathe has been made the Ancient Minister's Apprentice. They duel in one of the climaxes of SSE.

More Info:

-Andabond, the original character, is a legendary knight who vanquished the Ancient Minister long ago after his tyrannical rule over the world. He controlled order using two hands: the Master Hand, which maintained Law, and the Crazy Hand, which maintained Order. He became corrupt, so the brave knight Andabond fought all of them. He defeated them and saved the world, but in the process he became sealed as a trophy. Only the one meant to vanquish all evil can save him, and that hero is Meta Knight. He frees Andabond and defeats the Ancient Minister but becomes sealed in a trophy forever.

-Master Hand is controlling the Ancient Minister along with Crazy Hand.

-There are over 50 stages in the game.

-There are a total of 104 events in Single Player

-The last character unlocked is Spider-Man by beating SSE on the highest difficulty after beating it with all other characters. He steps in instead of Meta Knight in the final battle and you fight the final boss as him. Upon winning he is unlocked.

-The ship I referred to in a previous update was the Gangplank Galleon.

-The final boss is the Ancient Overlord (Ancient Minister with the two hands put together)

-The final boss in Classic Mode is a new original character.

Farewell,

thealmightygoat

Black/Light

Smash Master
Awwww, he went all crazy in the head and snapped:(

Spidey would be bad a^^ but too bad it aint going to happen

Top Bottom