• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumble, or No Rumble?

DanteFox

Smash Champion
So I was surprised to see at the couple of tournaments that I went to that the majority of people I played, did so without the rumble feature of the gamecube controller. I was, quite frankly, dumbfounded as to why that might be. There was maybe one person I played who played with rumble on.

I'm personally just used to it and moves like my shuffle and stuff depend on the rumble to pull off moves more consistently. Landing a bair or uair or upsmash are that much more satisfying when you can feel it, too, ya know?

I'd like to know, do you play with rumble on, or not? Why?

joeplicate

Smash Master
I find that rumble will remind me what it's like to be technical if I've been switching back and forth between TVs or if I've been out of it otherwise, and can't visually process tech skill, basically

it seems like, with rumble on, it's easier to get into a rhythm because it's directly related to muscle memory, and your fingers know what their doing is right when you feel the right rumble sequence

makes sense to me

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
rumble is very annoying.
For me its harder to concentrate at the timing of the buttons you press if, oh idk, THE WHOLE CONTROLLER IS MOVING IN YOUR HANDS

of course its not like I cant play with rumble
its just annoying

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I find that rumble will remind me what it's like to be technical if I've been switching back and forth between TVs or if I've been out of it otherwise, and can't visually process tech skill, basically

it seems like, with rumble on, it's easier to get into a rhythm because it's directly related to muscle memory, and your fingers know what their doing is right when you feel the right rumble sequence

makes sense to me
that's exactly how I feel.

Zoap

Smash Master
All peach players should love rumble. Dsmashing opponents and feeling the joy :)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
it should be self explanatory but I guess it isn't....

it's really distracting and makes my tech skill worse.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Rumble makes my tech skill better.... or more consistent.

Idk, I think I naturally time better with it on.. kinda acts like an extra sense to me.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
i prefer no rumble bc my tech skill isnt top of the line, so when i am doing a combo and i get it the rumble will usually make my positioning on the controller different, so i will mess up a tech di w/e.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
I play with rumble on.. because I like ganon running and feeling my controller shake.

I could care less if it's on or off, but I kinda like it since it is a nice feature when the original dual shock came out along with MGS1.

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
Until i went to tournies more consistently, and people complained about rumble, I never really even noticed if it was on or not. I was just paying attention to how I was playing, lol.

I notice it now, though, since people have been pointing it out and stuff. I usually have it off.

Top Bottom