• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumble Falls- better or worse than Icicle Mountain?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
It's not as random as Icicle Mountain, it's wider, and scrolls slowly, and actually warns you when it begins to speed up.

Aeriath

Smash Cadet
Much better. I couldn't stand Icicle mountain but rumble falls isn't close to as annoying. This will be a stage I actually play every once in a while for fun.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it has Bramble Blast playing in the background it's already ahead

holizz

Smash Cadet
Rumble Falls is definately worse. There's a spike that instantly KOs, and there are many floors that can't be jumped up through. There are buttons too, and there's an area where you have to wait for a plane to appear if your character's jump is a little less than spectacular.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Rumble falls is better. At least now the horrible jumpers have a chance at fighting, unlike IM...

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Any stage that looks like a jungle and came from the DK series tops one from the North Pole, I'm afraid. Though I still liked the style of IC Mountain, I think that the Summit and Rumble Falls make adequate replacements. I'm full of bias towards DK, though. Ignore this post if you want.

SHUCKLE MAN

Smash Cadet
On Icicle mountain once, I Ko'd someone with Marth's tipped F-smash at the word "Go!".

Rumble Falls ftw
^lol.

I actually quite liked Icicle Mountain, since it was a lot different to any other stage, and the CPU was really bad at it when it scrolled fast, but it sucked for more competitive battles.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Rumble Falls is better.
-It's not random
-You only go up, and it warns you when it changes
-The scenery is varied both in appearance and in function, unlike IM
-Cool DK music
-Jumps are overall better in Brawl, so it's easier to fight while not getting owned by the stage.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
It is better in my opinion....Better music, better looking stage...just better

GOTM

Smash Champion
rumble falls is more fun to play on, the music is better, it looks cooler, and its just overall more polished.

BUT, i think its more unfair, hence that freakin pointy thing! what is that i dont even know

Kruton

Smash Ace
Rumble Falls is better.
-It's not random
-You only go up, and it warns you when it changes
-The scenery is varied both in appearance and in function, unlike IM
-Cool DK music
-Jumps are overall better in Brawl, so it's easier to fight while not getting owned by the stage.
QFT.

It's not like IM where you'll go up really slow, then really fast, then you're going down, then you stop, then it goes too fast...etc..

Rumble Falls has a set speed and movement. It's really fun for that short time it goes sideways too.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
A lot better, I hated choosing random on the stage selection screen and being left to play on Icicle Mountain =P. I play as ICs sometimes and still don'tlike it so definately rumble falls for me. Psy.

OfficeManiac070

Smash Cadet
icicle mountain was one of my least favorite stages in melee, and im glad ice climbers got a new stage. Jungle Falls looks better; 1.music, 2. changing scenery

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i dont know. i hope its better than icicle mountain. that was one of the worst stages in melee

Top Bottom