• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

I like what both mods have done with Roy but sadly though with PM ending how it did, PM Roy is in just as bad as a spot Melee Roy is. Brawl - Roy feels a bit sharp in both animations and movement but I'm pretty sure thats getting worked on.

While not the same reasons, PM Roy cannot keep up with bad MUs because hes overly balanced in a Melee aspect not PM. There is no reason to play him because his insanely poor recovery. I switched to Ike because Roy doesn't have that PM jank (and Ike has plenty on it). He's too clean, however he would be a perfect fit for Melee.

So here falls to Smash 4 where he still has potential to be relevant.
I'm a bit more optimistic about PM Roy. He still has crazy autocombos, free kill setups, things of his own like crazy strings into fsmash, fsmash -> edgeguard to end stocks at low percents, some of the best crouch cancel in the game, being a fastfaller swordsman, and he has essential tools to do well. A jack-of-all trades with a fantastic sword and his recovery's not that bad. DI and recovery mixups mitigate it more than people like to admit. Maybe somewhere in the mids or high tier but I haven't been well-versed in PM since 2014. He's barely lost anything since then and a lot in PM was toned down, plus he's had a lot more meta development than Melee, so I'm confident in how I feel. I still believe he's a threat in PM.

I will agree that Ike has more jank and is better overall. Ike's easier to play too and general Smash fundamentals transfer a bit more. CO has some insane Ikes. He has everything he needs for PM. Not a bad switch. I don't feel Roy's invalidated just because Ike's better, though. Roy still has things going for him, he's good, he has a lot of resources to study, and certain playstyles may favor him. People who specifically like Roy still have a lot of ground to work with. He's got VODs for days.

Btw, have you played Minus 4.0? He feels a decent amount more natural and correct after previous versions, I did much better with him and everything flowed more naturally when I first played 4.0.

Man I miss the days of the Roy Support thread back in April, May, and June of last year. We would always talk about everything Roy related and we banded together with our support for Roy as we anxiously waited for E3. Good times.
I've had a bit of nostalgia for it lately. I miss how much of a family it felt like and I haven't really felt anything like it since on the Roy boards unfortunately.

The Royvolution on Facebook was the same for me, and now it's a dead group with pretty much everyone I worked with gone.

My experience in the Discord's been nice so far, and I feel myself level and have a lot of fun, but those times really were irreplaceable.

I haven't seen the likes of Guinea, Chrono, Rhythm, Valkyrie, Roy Pherae, etc. on the boards after DLC besides maybe once. I still talk to Roy Pherae on Facebook and I played him just now, but it's odd knowing he might never use the boards again. You and Croph aren't on much, and I constantly poof for months. I'm so glad I see Tahu/Rick (pretty much a board brother) almost every day now. It feels strange going into all of this with a bunch of unfamiliar faces, worrying about making bad impressions or feeling like an underdog or nobody here despite all the work I put into the movement. I still feel awkward trying to fit into the boards here, especially with the methods I use to speak against certain things happening and how I tend to not worry about how I look at times.

Feeling that awkwardness doesn't bother me tho, even if I didn't have it I wouldn't have that family feeling still. That's what I'm missing. I'm fine with being pretty solitary outside of it.

I couldn't ask for a better result tho, my favorite lord has a palette on my 2nd-favorite lord from my favorite series of all time. Roy's got palettes out the ass from my favorite Fire Emblem (tied with Thracia). Roy is really satisfying to improve with, extremely fun to play, I feel like I have the tools to win any MU competitively, and I feel like I really have to think and play creatively in both neutral and punishes. He fulfills everything in wonderful ways. Even if nobody else sees in this character what I do, that's fine because I still have access to play and innovate this character for years (which is a lot of time btw), and they can't sway me so long as I beat my occasional ruts and continue to create conviction. That's the wonderful feeling of being a Roy main for me. I'm honored to main this character and for him to return. He really helped with my soul-searching before June and just my indecisiveness with Smash.

It's so, so fantastic that I can play him with my best friends online again, and I think I take that for granted at times.

Last edited:

Schnizzle Fits

Smash Cadet
Na, I'll likely play Brawl - Roy soon.

Like I said I feel PM Roy is over balanced. Hes effective but not overly effective. However he requires to much work When other characters are easier to work with. Its hard because there are MU he excels at but other characters can do better in the same MU and he can get counter picked hard. Hes the most Melee character they made. It makes me wonder what or who they used as the "balance scale". Roy should of been it because they did such a good job with him.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I haven't seen the likes of Guinea, Chrono, Rhythm, Valkyrie, Roy Pherae, etc. on the boards after DLC besides maybe once. I still talk to Roy Pherae on Facebook and I played him just now, but it's odd knowing he might never use the boards again. You and Croph aren't on much, and I constantly poof for months. I'm so glad I see Tahu/Rick (pretty much a board brother) almost every day now. It feels strange going into all of this with a bunch of unfamiliar faces, worrying about making bad impressions or feeling like an underdog or nobody here despite all the work I put into the movement. I still feel awkward trying to fit into the boards here, especially with the methods I use to speak against certain things happening and how I tend to not worry about how I look at times.
TBQH, this has been a recurring thing with other character boards as well. On my end again, it's mostly been because I found new things of interest for the time being while working on Roy on my own.

I couldn't ask for a better result tho, my favorite lord has a palette on my 2nd-favorite lord from my favorite series of all time. Roy's got palettes out the *** from my favorite Fire Emblem (tied with Thracia). Roy is really satisfying to improve with, extremely fun to play, I feel like I have the tools to win any MU competitively, and I feel like I really have to think and play creatively in both neutral and punishes. He fulfills everything in wonderful ways. Even if nobody else sees in this character what I do, that's fine because I still have access to play and innovate this character for years (which is a lot of time btw), and they can't sway me so long as I beat my occasional ruts and continue to create conviction. That's the wonderful feeling of being a Roy main for me. I'm honored to main this character and for him to return. He really helped with my soul-searching before June and just my indecisiveness with Smash.

It's so, so fantastic that I can play him with my best friends online again, and I think I take that for granted at times.
I think I've been having bit similar feelings these days, which I hope to bring in lately whenever Smashing or improving in it. Though I have to yet be registered on that Discord-group, but yeah.

I'm not sure if Roy WILL be compatible to Fates. His amiibo is going to be released in a week, and they have yet to say anything about it. Oh well. Looks like we just have to keep our eyes open for the time being.

In other news, guess who's getting cards?

It's from the latest Cipher livestream! Check it out! Not much FE6 or other non Awakening/Fates stuff though: http://m.imgur.com/a/z1AcK
How strange, I seem to really like the cover. Possibly because I like both Micaiah and Roy and seeing them together like that just flutters my heart.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I like what both mods have done with Roy but sadly though with PM ending how it did, PM Roy is in just as bad as a spot Melee Roy is. Brawl - Roy feels a bit sharp in both animations and movement but I'm pretty sure thats getting worked on.

While not the same reasons, PM Roy cannot keep up with bad MUs because hes overly balanced in a Melee aspect not PM. There is no reason to play him because his insanely poor recovery. I switched to Ike because Roy doesn't have that PM jank (and Ike has plenty on it). He's too clean, however he would be a perfect fit for Melee.

So here falls to Smash 4 where he still has potential to be relevant.
So I'm not the only one who thinks that Brawl- Roy looks... jank. Like they didn't have time to smooth out his animations.

I wonder whatever happened to Brawl+.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So I'm not the only one who thinks that Brawl- Roy looks... jank. Like they didn't have time to smooth out his animations.

I wonder whatever happened to Brawl+.
Yeah, same here. I love both PM Roy and Brawl - Roy, but I gotta say PM Roy just feels more polished. They're both still great renditions of him, though.

The majority of Brawl +'s staff actually moved on to Project M. You could think of it as its successor.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yeah, same here. I love both PM Roy and Brawl - Roy, but I gotta say PM Roy just feels more polished. They're both still great renditions of him, though.
Much as I love Brawl-, I think I would have to go with PM Roy purely for the aesthetics.

The majority of Brawl +'s staff actually moved on to Project M. You could think of it as its successor.
I see. Even still, I wish Brawl Plus's development continued. I liked to see the different takes on Brawl other than Melee With Brawl's Roster.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Much as I love Brawl-, I think I would have to go with PM Roy purely for the aesthetics.

I see. Even still, I wish Brawl Plus's development continued. I liked to see the different takes on Brawl other than Melee With Brawl's Roster.
Yeah, I really like Roy's PM model.

Development of Brawl + was actually supposed to keep going, but the development team got into some disagreements and ended up separating.

Troykv

Smash Master
How strange, I seem to really like the cover. Possibly because I like both Micaiah and Roy and seeing them together like that just flutters my heart.

Do you like both? Me too! They're actually my favorite Fire Emblem Protags (well... that is probably a little bit obvious, but still) ... I'm happy to see this.

Oh... that Roy's Art is new... this makes me wonder about how would look Micaiah in secondary-arts (anyway, they probably will be she in her Light Sage and Priestess Costume)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Not sure if this artwork has been posted before, but here's the full art of Roy that seems to be featured on the card packages:

roytcg2.png

Nobody on these boards seems to have real conviction to win or improve at the game, they just keep bringing up the result barrier and going through the same negativity cycles. They don't make effort to improve or win, they're not honest with themselves and their goals, they let so many things hold them back. They don't place outside of using Roy to begin with, so I don't see why they're so negative about Roy to start.
I feel ya, I think I was saying something similar a few pages ago.

We have all the time in the world to get results with Roy, it's not really a race. Just get out there and be the best player you can be. Have passion for what you're doing -- I'm sure it will make a positive impact. And indirectly for those around you. People might look up to you for inspiration. Who knows. But you're never going to get there if you're negative all the time. And it's important to realize all characters get **** on. Especially if people are salty. I have a friend who plays ZSS and his character gets insults when people lose to him. But it's not worth getting angry and throwing insults at people. Anger is an energy, right? Instead of insulting people, use that energy to improve at Smash!

Last weekly I got 25/~60. I'm slowly improving, but I probably wouldn't have gotten such results if I didn't practice, ask for friendlies and advice, watch other Roy players, etc. People learn differently too. I learn best by actually playing the game, and asking for coaching and demonstrations. Just gotta find what works best for you.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys I discovered something cool today with Roy that I'm not sure is common knowledge. Turns out you can do a sliding Neutral B with Roy (i.e As you run and let go the the joystick, if you press the B button at the right time, you can get Roy to cancel the slide animation while keeping his momentum and perform Flare Blade instead.)

Pretty neat I reckon.

Interesting enough, Roy's Cipher card comes out on June 23rd, which is a little over a week after his Sm4sh DLC inclusion anniversary, June 14th. Neat stuff. Here's the preview art of one of his cards for anyone who hasn't seen it:

So much power behind it!! Maybe even a preview of things to come outside Cipher. It looks awfully familiar, too....

Left is from the Hasha no Tsurugi manga from a while ago. It's translated online if you look for it, Roy and co. are featured later since it revolves around the heroes the odd weapon names such as Al Sword and Gant Lance were named after.

I wouldn't say he always gets the short end of the stick, or even often. After all, he's one of the very few veterans to return in Smash. Over choices like Snake, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers, Roy made it in over them, and none of them have any chance of returning now.

He even received a full redesign and proper Luigification, and although I'd prefer a declone and have many ideas since he's a much more unique swordfighter than some want to give him credit for, Sakurai does strongly hold to his principals in keeping characters who were previously clone characters somewhat similar, to avoid alienating original players.

In the case of Doc returning before him, that's because Doc was originally planned as just an alt costume. Dr. Mario is.... literally Mario, so it makes sense. Roy's properties differ far too much from Marth and he's always had potential for a full declone, so I can see why he didn't come on 3DS release. They wanted to save something better for him. Even Mewtwo was DLC, too.

Roy is one of the very few Smash-inspired redesigned characters, alongside Link and the Star Fox members, who are pivotal members and mainstays to Smash and Nintendo.

Roy's the only veteran besides Mewtwo to return to the prolific mod Project M, being one of its only two finished additional fighters, and the only veteran to return alongside Pichu in Brawl Minus. Hell, he even had his own trailer when Mewtwo didn't. You can't deny the immense popularity of PM 3.0, try and see how many 2014 PM uploads and discussions you can find.

I heard people a while back saying that Corrin's more popular and well-received than Roy. I can argue why that's far from the case, but for now, I'll just leave these here.

Compare the like/dislike ratio of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8XIj05irtU (Roughly 1 in 69-70 people disliking Roy's addition)
To: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMvgKqMWAlg (1 in 6 people disliking Corrin's addition)

It was miraculous how Roy was always a top 3/5 or mainstay in Smash DLC polls. Corrin was never anywhere near that level of demand, and so many characters weren't either. You remember how we had several major fronts and a website back in support days, and sent out hundreds of emails and votes a day without accounting for the many others out there who also wanted him back? My site had hundreds of thousands of views, maybe several million. We made Roy's fan demand notable enough to outclass Wolf and match the likes of Lucas. That should say something on its own.

Roy was a priority for DLC in Awakening (only behind Marth) despite Elibe having no attention in nearly a decade since, and despite Roy being cut from Smash years before. He was featured in a lot of official 25th anniversary concert art and merchandise, and he's leading one of the first non-Archanea sets in the Cipher TCG. Only Marth and Ike have as many redesigns as him, and they're fellow faces of the Fire Emblem series. Roy's much more important to FE's history than so many of us know, and he's a face to the series, as much as a lot of us want to give into negativity and bad habits to deny it. It's another thing I could go into.

Competitive rant:
He may not be high on the first official tier list, but he easily has mid or even high potential in competitive play. As a previous Ike main who's taken Ike to many tournaments before Roy's release and kept close watch on all buffs, Roy's definitely more viable than Ike, who is already a solid mid, and mid isn't bad. Roy has better character matchups, stage matchups, and overall potential. Even then, competitive play isn't everything. Smash isn't balanced for it, and Smash is horribly balanced. Competitive players are only a minority of all people who play Smash in the world. We shouldn't be so discouraged and set slippery slopes of pure negativity if we don't see him much in tournaments.

Roy was a DLC veteran, and none of them have proper meta development.
There's a lot of pay-to-win factor in newcomers, and they're all extremely easy to use competitively, plus they're new characters to the series, so they naturally see more development. Giving newcomers better versions of many moves of different characters and toning their attributes up like this was a horrible, horrible idea for balance.
We just have to deal with it.

Characters like Sheik/ZSS/Rosalina and general high-tiers were tried and true in June, and Ike had San/Ryo/Ryuga/Baselarde and several others innovating him since release, who are all amazing players. Ike had buffs on top of that with 1.0.8, and he's easy to play post-buffs. I can see why Ike's so dickridden now, and why more didn't pick up Roy.
Ryu can get away with a lot and has a really strong and easy punish game, so he's easy to utilize. That's why I feel he was pushed more than Roy and Lucas despite being released alongside them.
If Roy were released sooner, or if better players stuck with him or climbed with him to the top, we'd see what this social is always crying for, representation. We simply don't have Roy mains as skilled as the Ike mains listed, and it's a matter of less skilled players rather than a less potent character.

I separated this from the spoiler so that more people would see it, it really needs to be said:

Nobody on these boards seems to have real conviction to win or improve at the game, they just keep bringing up the result barrier and going through the same negativity cycles. They don't make effort to improve or win, they're not honest with themselves and their goals, they let so many things hold them back. They don't place outside of using Roy to begin with, so I don't see why they're so negative about Roy to start.

That's part of what motivates me to continue watching VODs almost daily, asking for critique, rewatching replays, finding better players, getting on Anther's and Discord more, and mentoring a few potent people. I know my character can do it, I know I can someday do it, and I want people here to stop giving up on themselves and one of their favorite characters just because they get directly mocked once or twice over it. If nobody will do it, I'm perfectly fine being the only one.

If more people had a spine and real conviction, maybe they'd get what they want instead of spending hours typing the "woe is me, my character can't do it and always gets hated on ;___;" posts in a repetitive cycle that does nothing for anyone.
Well, they probably think the character's weak from weak behavior of people who play them, and they get away with hate because we're so quick to be doormats to toxicity instead of realize it holds us back to either not fight it (properly) or ignore it.

We don't stand up for our character despite him being an amazing Fire Emblem character and Smash threat, we let people call him a ****ty lord and a bottom 5 in sm4sh despite it all being far from true.
You deserve everything terrible you get until you realize what you need to do for yourselves and your character, until you find the conviction to follow through with it. You will find it when you're truly ready to welcome it.

I'll leave these here for anyone who wants to start doing something for themselves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwcOEYg4DOI (Importance of fundamentals)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV9BSQ7juzw (General improvement)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zJNyrFnsHY (Why you might be stuck)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXPCgR62_k (Do you want to win? Be honest)
ZeRo's improvement vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ilU9hzxPqQ (very important)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90cmH7taE_Q (important, more insight into the above)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7UXahcwNdM (I was skeptical with the title, but the actual content is good)
NAKAT's vids on growth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHBuY5dsBpk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnG_M6H0UU4

oh yea

insaneintherain is amazing, they did some Fire Emblem covers a while back.

Here's something else recent ^___^

Are some kind motivational speaker or what?

Also, there first image of the card isn't loading properly for me. Also, where are the pictures in the second spoiler from? I can tell one is from a manage but not the other.

I'm not sure if Roy WILL be compatible to Fates. His amiibo is going to be released in a week, and they have yet to say anything about it. Oh well. Looks like we just have to keep our eyes open for the time being.

In other news, guess who's getting cards?

It's from the latest Cipher livestream! Check it out! Not much FE6 or other non Awakening/Fates stuff though: http://m.imgur.com/a/z1AcK
I was considering getting the cards, just for the sake of collecting. Roy looks pretty amazing there.

:135:

Schnizzle Fits

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I discovered something cool today with Roy that I'm not sure is common knowledge. Turns out you can do a sliding Neutral B with Roy (i.e As you run and let go the the joystick, if you press the B button at the right time, you can get Roy to cancel the slide animation while keeping his momentum and perform Flare Blade instead.)
I did this along time ago but I haven't had much time to play Smash 4 currently and look into it but I did while b reversing it. If I had to suggest, B reversing Sliding B netural looks very confusing. When I preformed this my opponent had no idea what I was doing and hit him in both our confusion. However, it might require TAS perfect timing.

I did this along time ago but I haven't had much time to play Smash 4 currently and look into it but I did while b reversing it. If I had to suggest, B reversing Sliding B netural looks very confusing. When I preformed this my opponent had no idea what I was doing and hit him in both our confusion. However, it might require TAS perfect timing.
Yeah, it was day 1 stuff I figured was common knowledge, but any recap is still good.

There's also

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, I tried to before a b reverse of it, but I couldn't get it. Though i notice that not all characters can do Sliding B. One of them is Cloud. My belief is that characters where their neutral B stops their momentum make it so they can't Sliding B.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Yeah, it was day 1 stuff I figured was common knowledge, but any recap is still good.

There's also
There's also

:)

Flare blade is one of the few moves that retains momentum through pivot and crouch slides. The other being dsmash and taunting lol.

There's also

:)

Flare blade is one of the few moves that retains momentum through pivot and crouch slides. The other being dsmash and taunting lol.
Don't know if frame 6 sliding dsmash or boku wa makenai with multiple sliding options is better.

I'll lab this and try it in matches and let you know how it goes.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Okay Roy fans, it's your friendly front page writer here to come and ask for some help to write one of my most popular series: the character expert articles! I need to know from you guys, who are the best Roy players to try and contact to get some expert opinions on Roy so I can get him featured on the front page :D

Serew

Smash Apprentice
Okay Roy fans, it's your friendly front page writer here to come and ask for some help to write one of my most popular series: the character expert articles! I need to know from you guys, who are the best Roy players to try and contact to get some expert opinions on Roy so I can get him featured on the front page :D
That's very cool! What kind of people are you exactly looking for? Do you need people with clear results or general character knowledge? This is a bit of a thing with the Roys. There are fundamentally good Roys and people who know alot of the character itself. I suppose it's the 2nd option though :p

Schnizzle Fits

Smash Cadet
Well Sethlon picked up Roy (shocker, I know) other than that someone else here would know better than I.

Anyway, after some slight labing, I can say that B revering slide is humanly possible. I did manage to pull it off in a friendly last night and it worked out to my favor in positioning as facing behind someone is safer. It seems to me as long as it isn't too hard it might be something to look into.

Serew

Smash Apprentice
Well Sethlon picked up Roy (shocker, I know) other than that someone else here would know better than I.

Anyway, after some slight labing, I can say that B revering slide is humanly possible. I did manage to pull it off in a friendly last night and it worked out to my favor in positioning as facing behind someone is safer. It seems to me as long as it isn't too hard it might be something to look into.
Nice :) will check that out in training mode some more sometime

On another note, a new video should go up today (or very soon) It's mainly about some situational stuff regarding reversed blazer hitbox, Might not be the most useful tool but still pretty interesting

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Don't know if frame 6 sliding dsmash or boku wa makenai with multiple sliding options is better.

I'll lab this and try it in matches and let you know how it goes.
Obvi Boku wa makenai. ;) Never underestimate the power of style. ~

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'd certainly be interested! Feel free to hit me up on here, twitter, reddit, etc

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Nice! Can't wait for this.

I'm a midwest Roy who gets pretty great placings and is extremely knowledgeable on the character. I'd love to be featured for anything on the character.

Sethlon and Serew are your other best bets.

Edit: coolio they posted here

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Same here. Well it is tight, I've manage to pull it off a couple off times and have seem to found the timing for it. Either way, it is probably one of the most tripiest things I've seen.

Yeah. An evaluation on Roy! Wish i could help. But I'm no professional player, but less know any :(

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I'm thinking Sethlon, Serew Serew , and dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 are good options for interviewing. Also reached out to Static Manny, to see if he'd be interested/was still interested in Roy, but he hasn't responded, so idk about him lol.

Mason got 9th out 100 in Colorado a few months back, and Serew is part of a top 5 doubles team in the Netherlands, and has been placing higher and higher in locals and regionals there. He has also been putting out short informative Smash videos regularly, his channel is here.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
I'm still new to Roy and don't know much in regards to who is the most prominent, but I'm curious as to what Neath has to say for the character, if he is interested of course. Also he's from Europe and I'm always interested on what other regions mindsets/opinions are.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hello fellow Roy mains. I've came to this thread for a little information about Our Boy.

What was the name of the song that played during Roy's Reveal Trailer?

Also, what is Roy's voice translated?

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Hello fellow Roy mains. I've came to this thread for a little information about Our Boy.

What was the name of the song that played during Roy's Reveal Trailer?

Also, what is Roy's voice translated?
Attack (Fire Emblem)

The wiki page isn't that accurate I'd assume, but it's got most of them there under taunts and victory lines. There's also one or two within the reveal trailer itself.

EDIT: His voice translated? HEEEEEEEE YAH

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Sethlon, StaticManny, and Neo are the three that immediately come to mind. I saw Ryo trying to play Roy, but from what I heard, he got sent to the Shadow Realm by Mew2King.

Last edited:

Schnizzle Fits

Smash Cadet
So well this happened awhile ago but I finally go access to the replay. I think I two framed using upsmash but I don't know because Pikachus weird hurtboxes during quick attack but this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecuotMt4pos&t=1m18s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecuotMt4pos&t=1m18s
This right here is mostly why I want to see hitboxes because I never thought that up smash could stage spike, I mean Up Smash could spike in Melee (and honestly I was playing alot of Melee at the time of this video so I think thats why I used it).

Last edited:

Serew

Smash Apprentice
Welp 1.1.5 is here. o-o most likely just fixes but still interesting

EDIT: Some actual changes happened for other characters so it's a confirmed balance patch. We're onto testing Roy

Last edited:

Schnizzle Fits

Smash Cadet
Damn, its a good thing I just uploaded that replay. There wasn't any big bug unless they patched the amiibo bug but this is pretty big seeing the Balance team is still there. Pretty sure they all work in other parts of Namco.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Welp 1.1.5 is here. o-o most likely just fixes but still interesting

EDIT: Some actual changes happened for other characters so it's a confirmed balance patch. We're onto testing Roy
Seriously?

Well thanks for the warning Nintendo.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Seriously?

Well thanks for the warning Nintendo.

When do they ever tell us ahead of time? lol

---

I couldn't find damage changes to Roy, and I'm too prone to placebo to check for lag differences. I'd hesitantly say no changes, but I'll wait for the patch notes team to check of course lol.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
When do they ever tell us ahead of time? lol

---

I couldn't find damage changes to Roy, and I'm too prone to placebo to check for lag differences. I'd hesitantly say no changes, but I'll wait for the patch notes team to check of course lol.
Well, I didn't know >:I

Schnizzle Fits

Smash Cadet
Roy seems to be unchanged.

Only thing they could really add for Roy is for any of his aerials a decent auto cancel.

Biggest nerfs are Sheik (finally) Cloud and Corrin. Think they went over board on Corrin though. Expect more Bayos if she doesn't see a nerf.

Top Bottom