• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Huzzah! I've just returned from my ****hole cottage! and we had crappy weather too...

I have some stuff to catch up on, but I'll be more active once I get settled in more or maybe tomorrow.

If you want to lose some weight, just follow my simple diet: don't eat. Works like a charm.

Seriously though, dunno why you're worried about your looks since you look fine to me. I need to gain like 10 lbs at the very least. >.>

But congrats at the tourney and having your first set on stream! Sounds like you had fun and learned a lot.

It's also nice to hear from Sethlon. I'd like to stick with Smash 4 since there's a lot more options now. Project M just isn't popular here, and Melee seems to not be as popular as Smash 4. I just gotta get my butt to my local. I've been too busy lately...

I'm kidna afraid to ask, but what's the story behind "Roy the Movie"? :rotfl:
Six words: Tyland Kesler Roy Hoffman on Facebook.

His existence is Roy the Movie, he simply distilled it into an AVI file. I might have influenced a lot of that over the last four years.

My goal is 20 lbs in a month. I'm a fatass swag*** but it's not too bad.

Did that cottage happen to be at Mt. Princeton? I might have swept+mopped the floors or cleaned the bathrooms. Colorado randomly has crappy weather for anywhere from 5 minutes to 50 hours.

Thank god DFW members look up their names so @ Sethlon Sethlon can see me talking mad ****. You seem serious, become da bess Roy if you are mangg.

DO THAT REAL ***** DAMAGE

I ordered this today:

Getting a hoodie of this after, so I can really trip people out by taking one off to reveal the other, and to rep the same design at winter events.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Did that cottage happen to be at Mt. Princeton? I might have swept+mopped the floors or cleaned the bathrooms. Colorado randomly has crappy weather for anywhere from 5 minutes to 50 hours.
Nah, the cottage is in the middle of nowhere in Quebec. You don't have to worry about cleaning the bathrooms, since there are none. #OutHouses4Life it's all fun and games until you see spiders crawl from the toilet... and for some reason there was a propane tank in the outhouse. I don't get it either

Nah, the cottage is in the middle of nowhere in Quebec. You don't have to worry about cleaning the bathrooms, since there are none. #OutHouses4Life it's all fun and games until you see spiders crawl from the toilet... and for some reason there was a propane tank in the outhouse. I don't get it either
It's where Hank Hill likes to hank chill.

We have lots of little critters at Mt. Princeton, but I don't kill them.

Thinking of going solo Roy for my next major. I feel like Roy has some uphill battles but no unwinnables, and secondary attempts either end up redundant for MU's that don't really get much better coverage (Ike) or characters I can't make work even for an MU or two where it's an inverse of Roy's (Meta Knight vs. Sheik, Luigi vs. Pika, etc. vs. stuff).

It means more Roy meta development, more rapid improvement, and full focus on fundamentals.

I plan to make and feature Roy videos on my channel once I get a mic, such as Roy Neutral Air Tutorial, Roy Uair (mainly fastfalling uair) Tutorial, Roy Recovery Mixups, Roy Usmash Tutorial, Roy Neutral Game Tutorial, Safe on Shield Tutorial, Roy Punish Game Tutorial, etc. I'll ask you guys for help once the time comes.

Co-Ike kind of helped at SSVII, but I felt he was redundant for what Roy could already do.

I'm gonna ask Romance (Ladies Love Romance!), the other CO Roy, if he's up to do a Roy mirror exhibition, since he features those on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO4d2qVV53Q

It was easy to find by just looking up "Romance Mario Tennis."

He's a beast at Melee and PM, not as much 4 but he's still solid there. He'll do things like make top 8 or win Melee/PM brackets with Roy & Zelda in a strong region.

Last edited:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Thank god DFW members look up their names so @ Sethlon Sethlon can see me talking mad ****.
What can I say, I get bored lol

I am serious about getting good, though, and have been putting time in. My placings at Shockwave have been steadily improving...25th four weeks ago, 13th the week after that, 9th, and then yesterday 7th. Slow and steadyyyy

Also thats a godlike shirt, you should link where you bought it from! Or is it just custom?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So this is where you Roy fans reside...

Picked up Roy just this week. My reaction:

"Holy Naga! Why haven't I played you earlier??"

What can I say, I get bored lol

I am serious about getting good, though, and have been putting time in. My placings at Shockwave have been steadily improving...25th four weeks ago, 13th the week after that, 9th, and then yesterday 7th. Slow and steadyyyy

Also thats a godlike shirt, you should link where you bought it from! Or is it just custom?
Looked up Roy and FE shirts on Redbubble and found it

http://www.redbubble.com/people/cry...body_color=navy&size=xxl&print_location=front

Because you saved the best for last

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Maybe I should look up my name...

Oh **** what's with all these people gossiping about me!?

*cracks knuckles*

Looks like I'm gonna have to end this the hard way. jk, jk. I'm not popular it seems. I only come up from quotes and a few tags

All Roy mains should wear this at tourneys so then we could identify each other if we're on stream. We should all have a Roy GC controller as well. Also, we should get an artist to make Roy's headband for us so we could all wear one. +100 nerd style points? :B

I'm one to say that the only person you should focus beating is yourself, and be the best that you can be, Pokemon Johtooo~ I just apply that motto to everyday situations

The more pro Roy players, the better I think. We can learn so much by watching different players and playstyles. I want the world to know that Roy's our boy, y'know.

You can also find us at afterwork fiestas, burning up on the dance floor.

Or am I the only one that likes to party here?

Last edited:
Maybe I should look up my name...

Oh **** what's with all these people gossiping about me!?

*cracks knuckles*

Looks like I'm gonna have to end this the hard way. jk, jk. I'm not popular it seems. I only come up from quotes and a few tags

All Roy mains should wear this at tourneys so then we could identify each other if we're on stream. We should all have a Roy GC controller as well. Also, we should get an artist to make Roy's headband for us so we could all wear one. +100 nerd style points? :B

I'm one to say that the only person you should focus beating is yourself, and be the best that you can be, Pokemon Johtooo~ I just apply that motto to everyday situations

The more pro Roy players, the better I think. We can learn so much by watching different players and playstyles. I want the world to know that Roy's our boy, y'know.

I'm always beating myself, it's priority whenever I'm off work.

Pokemon Johto theme song lyrics make this relevant:

I go to parties about once a year. I'm not a party person but I'd be down if a friend invited me to something.

Do BBQ's count? I know they're always full-on parties for mexicans but I go to a white family's bbqs a lot.

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman

DID SOMEONE SAY PARTY?!

Alright, I haven't totally had the chance to be at an awesome party yet, but I'm sure I would have fun. Especially if a lot of food is involved.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Participating at my college's own Smash tournament tomorrow. Going Roy so wish me luck. First tournament too >.>

Not really any decent/big tournaments here in the Bay Area and hard to find any players so hopefully there's some good competition

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Hello guys I'm happy to see Roy now as DLC and great character to use since 14 years of Smash abstence.
I joined to the FB Royvolution group and following the Lycia Alliance Thread before join Smashboards and now we have The Boy Back In Town, after all of excepticism for Roy and now as more than a red Marth. I'm satisfied that people are changing their ideas about Roy since he joined to Sm4sh.

Greetings! :4miisword:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hello guys I'm happy to see Roy now as DLC and great character to use since 14 years of Smash abstence.
I joined to the FB Royvolution group and following the Lycia Alliance Thread before join Smashboards and now we have The Boy Back In Town, after all of excepticism for Roy and now as more than a red Marth. I'm satisfied that people are changing their ideas about Roy since he joined to Sm4sh.

Welcome aboard! Enjoy our newly promoted boy. ;)

jakplays

Smash Rookie
NNID
JakPlaysSmash
3DS FC
5129-0529-3866
I want to get better at Roy in smash 4. Especially since he be my melee main. Maybe one day I'll be known as @ Sethlon Sethlon Jr.

What was your name there? You may reamember me as Mason Ream or Doctar Dre.

I want to get better at Roy in smash 4. Especially since he be my melee main. Maybe one day I'll be known as @ Sethlon Sethlon Jr.
Inspire someone to become Sethlon Jr. Jr., then their student can be Sethlon Jr. Jr. Jr., and the chain repeats.

Just imagine the tag Sethlon Jr.x8. Tag in Melee/PM would be "JRX8", 4 would be "SethlonJr8" or something like that.

Wish I had more time to reply and write. Gotta go to work.

jakplays

Smash Rookie
NNID
JakPlaysSmash
3DS FC
5129-0529-3866
Yeah I hope to be as good as @ Sethlon Sethlon some day. He's why I love Roy so much.

What was your name there? You may reamember me as Mason Ream or Doctar Dre.

Inspire someone to become Sethlon Jr. Jr., then their student can be Sethlon Jr. Jr. Jr., and the chain repeats.

Just imagine the tag Sethlon Jr.x8. Tag in Melee/PM would be "JRX8", 4 would be "SethlonJr8" or something like that.

Wish I had more time to reply and write. Gotta go to work.
Lol maybe JRX8 should be my name

Last edited by a moderator:
TEAM ROY ON CONQUEST

ROY AND IKE

PULL OUT YOUR 3DS AND WII U SYSTEMS AND GET ON FOR GLORY

LET'S GOOOOOOO WE GOT ABOUT A WEEK

(don't worry about potential losses, you still get points toward that team and no penalties, it's just a popularity contquest)

Lol maybe JRX8 should be my name
It's actually a sick tag. It translates to Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr. Jr., but JRX8 has a ring to it.

Hell, one of CO's best players is named SSB100.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
TEAM ROY ON CONQUEST

ROY AND IKE

PULL OUT YOUR 3DS AND WII U SYSTEMS AND GET ON FOR GLORY

LET'S GOOOOOOO WE GOT ABOUT A WEEK

(don't worry about potential losses, you still get points toward that team and no penalties, it's just a popularity contquest)
I ALREADY LOST TO A FOX WE DOOMED (ITS A CONTEST OF PRIDE)

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
OMGGGGGG

:4feroy: & :4myfriends: = H E A D B A N D B O Y S

^ This needs to be a theme with Ryu on the team too. So something like Battle of the Headgear: Team Headband vs Tiara (Peach, Zelda, and Marth :awesome:).

But yeah, get on that Conquest everyone!

Welcome and enjoy your stay! Feel free to grab a plate of curry or two while you're at it! Speaking of which...

mfw I make curry and it actually tastes GOOD

I'm usually a horrible cook

jakplays

Smash Rookie
NNID
JakPlaysSmash
3DS FC
5129-0529-3866
There's like no smash scene in Nebraska so I have nowhere to practice unfortunately

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Do you know what area Nebraska is in?
I was never good at US geography... Gonna have to cheat on this one. =P

I just searched up the state and it's in the midwest. I see one thread that you posted in but it's not active, so perhaps you'd be better off joining their FB group. There's also something going on here: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-weeklies-omaha-nebraska-home-of-the-skillager.415018/

The post is pretty recent, so it would be nice if they have weeklies as the title would suggest (hopefully it's close to where you live though). They also have a FB group for the region.

And here's the tournament listings for the midwest: http://smashboards.com/forums/tournament-listings.51/?prefix_id=3

I'd expect you can get informed as to stuff going on via Nebraska's FB group, but I'd suggest checking the tourney listings on Smashboards now and then just in case there's a tourney in your city or state that's not announced in the group. I usually check Canada's listings occasionally, even if there are upcoming tourneys not close to me or I can't go, just so I know what's going on. I'm always curious lol.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
So there were like 64 players at my college Smash tourney today (Holy crap the room was so hot) and I made the top 16. I lost to a Japanese student who lives on campus since he's studying abroad that used Sheik. Aside from him, only 2 other players stood out as really good. My nerves got to me a bit and I made some mistakes with the guy. After I lost my first stock I went for some smash attacks like a noob because I wanted to close out the stock since he was around 90%. I should have just racked up damage with jabs and tilts since my tilts could kill him anyway. I eventually did kill with a forward tilt but I was at 86%. If I didn't do those 2 smash attacks I probably would have only been at 40-60% and the game would have been different. This is because I managed to live til about 150% and he was about 80%. The rest is history.

Overall, I was happy to know I was better than majority of the players there and that I was on par with the better players. Still disappointed I only made top 16 in my first tourney. Was just unfortunate all the good players were in the same part of the bracket as me.

Btw I was the only Roy player

OMGGGGGG

:4feroy: & :4myfriends: = H E A D B A N D B O Y S

^ This needs to be a theme with Ryu on the team too. So something like Battle of the Headgear: Team Headband vs Tiara (Peach, Zelda, and Marth :awesome:).

But yeah, get on that Conquest everyone!

Welcome and enjoy your stay! Feel free to grab a plate of curry or two while you're at it! Speaking of which...

mfw I make curry and it actually tastes GOOD

I'm usually a horrible cook
We need a third character to make it fair with one side having falcon and another side having fox with so many reckless foxes who fish for kills that have been popping up on fg.

Falcon alone makes it seem unwinnable if Conquest is a popularity deal. Since I've fought 50000000000000000000000000000 Falcons, I just need to use that exp to hopefully lower their points earned.

I hate soupy things since I'm picky but I've never tried curry, might as well if you ever replicate that success.

There's like no smash scene in Nebraska so I have nowhere to practice unfortunately
Anther's Ladder is amazing. If you ever want to level up, spend a weekend on there.

WiFi matches or sets with players in your regional group who play online is also good.

FG is terrible, but I need a mode for when I'm on the toilet, when I have a few minutes before bed, or when I want to mess around or lab with characters.
It gives me practice for excessive defensive movement options, fishing, fully charged smashes, players who only throw out moves with no purpose besides always throwing a hitbox out, players who mash out of everything, and tryhard over-aggression, so it's not entirely bad. I know great players who can get away with some of these habits on other one because stupid play can throw off smart play if the smart play continues to expect more smart play without changing gears. If adaption happens, it becomes the microcosm that is counterplay and higher levels of yomi.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/wiki/facebook

^The one and only time I'll ever give reddit credit for anything good. You'd be surprised at what you'll find.

You'll need a car and the drive to... drive to do literally anything in the Smash scene overall.

So there were like 64 players at my college Smash tourney today (Holy crap the room was so hot) and I made the top 16. I lost to a Japanese student who lives on campus since he's studying abroad that used Sheik. Aside from him, only 2 other players stood out as really good. My nerves got to me a bit and I made some mistakes with the guy. After I lost my first stock I went for some smash attacks like a noob because I wanted to close out the stock since he was around 90%. I should have just racked up damage with jabs and tilts since my tilts could kill him anyway. I eventually did kill with a forward tilt but I was at 86%. If I didn't do those 2 smash attacks I probably would have only been at 40-60% and the game would have been different. This is because I managed to live til about 150% and he was about 80%. The rest is history.

Overall, I was happy to know I was better than majority of the players there and that I was on par with the better players. Still disappointed I only made top 16 in my first tourney. Was just unfortunate all the good players were in the same part of the bracket as me.

Fishing is bad. It's the For Glory Special. Some players will fish really hard and get better at devoting their play to fishing the more stubborn they are, but patience beats them. Going from hot or warm to cold always beats fishing. Don't fish unless you genuinely read them to perform a habit where your whiff won't mean anything too bad, like during a landing trap or to beat an obvious approach. If you can play it safe and get a kill at 160 via rage uthrow versus getting a kill at 70 from mindless fishing, always pick 160. Sethlon in PM 3.0 would often get an opponent to 212 and up throw them, that's better than if he were to throw out fishy fsmashes from 30-40 to any higher percent.

Don't be disappointed in top 16 at your first tournament, anyone at their first tournament doesn't simply deserve more than last. People have to be last, and naturally, people who have gone to more tournaments will have more in mind to be above last. People with no experience making top 16 in a bracket of 64 isn't just how it should go. Anything more is a bonus. If you set expectations too high for your own placings, you're going to get stuck or regress. Rykoshet, my inspiration for playing competitively, had a lack of improvement and quit because of his mindset, and I'm disappointed and left a bit sour because of it.

Important version, def watch this, it's short and sweet:

NAKAT's starting out story, if you have half an hour to listen in the background:

Just do your best and improve. Being disappointed in yourself won't hand you tools needed to prove it wasn't a fluke and place better next time.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 I love Nakat's vids. Pretty inspirational.

I recently saw this one, and while I'm old enough to not have the problem of having my parents not allowing me to attend tourneys, it's a great vid for those who are maybe younger and have such problems. But the video got me thinking that it would have been very cool if my mother was encouraging towards me entering competitive Smash.

@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 I love Nakat's vids. Pretty inspirational.

I recently saw this one, and while I'm old enough to not have the problem of having my parents not allowing me to attend tourneys, it's a great vid for those who are maybe younger and have such problems. But the video got me thinking that it would have been very cool if my mother was encouraging towards me entering competitive Smash.
BRO he used the good version of Smash's Pollyanna remix and not the 4 one where the best parts were cut out.

Sickest guitar solo I've ever heard at 1:46, dude absolutely shreds it and the song builds up really well to it.

You will never hear that part in the cut Smash 4 included, I was so disappointed when I found that out trying to get pumped to it.

jakplays

Smash Rookie
NNID
JakPlaysSmash
3DS FC
5129-0529-3866
I have embraced the name of JRX8 and changed my color to green

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
Hey, everyone. I haven't been active in a long while here ever sometime Roy came in as dlc. And by the way, I main the 2 leaked dlc and play them very often.

I have a video where I was playing with Roy against a Lucina player online, and there's one part that nobody may have ever done before. Here is the link to the video, this one part may have some of you surprised greatly at what I did.

Please watch this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDUb6dYrqdE&feature=youtu.be

jakplays

Smash Rookie
NNID
JakPlaysSmash
3DS FC
5129-0529-3866
Hey, everyone. I haven't been active in a long while here ever sometime Roy came in as dlc. And by the way, I main the 2 leaked dlc and play them very often.

I have a video where I was playing with Roy against a Lucina player online, and there's one part that nobody may have ever done before. Here is the link to the video, this one part may have some of you surprised greatly at what I did.

Wow...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

At 1:05 Roy's counter is so powerful that it makes the music stop for a brief second.

We need like a gfycat of that FS tho.

With all things considered, I don't think you should feel disappointed making top 16 at your first tourney, like Mason mentioned. Did you have fun? Do you feel like you learned some new things? I take these questions into consideration for every match I play because experience is important and generally having fun. And even though I only have played online, I still get very nervous and make mistakes so it's understandable if people get nervous at tourneys, let alone at their first one. But learning from our mistakes is important and like my husband always says

And it's always great to see more Roy representation.

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
At 1:05 Roy's counter is so powerful that it makes the music stop for a brief second.

I do wish there was a GIF where it starts off at him getting the smash ball and ending at when he gets back on the stage and repeats. Even I was amazed when I first did that!

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Overall, I did have a lot of fun. It was something For Glory can never give when winning against someone and like I mentioned earlier, I realized my mistakes during the tournament and I'll be sure to try and fix that to improve.

Yooooo! I was wondering where you (and FalKoopa, Valkyrie, etc.) were.

With all things considered, I don't think you should feel disappointed making top 16 at your first tourney, like Mason mentioned. Did you have fun? Do you feel like you learned some new things? I take these questions into consideration for every match I play because experience is important and generally having fun. And even though I only have played online, I still get very nervous and make mistakes so it's understandable if people get nervous at tourneys, let alone at their first one. But learning from our mistakes is important and like my husband always says

And it's always great to see more Roy representation.
You said it in a better way than me.

I never thought I would see that robots movie again. I actually checked Mr. Enter's channel recently to see if he reviewed it.

Wait.... you have a husband?! I never would have guessed since you've never mentioned one in about a year, we've never seen him around, and since you're with your folks.

Learn something new every day.

None of my other friends in their early 20's are married which might be why it shocks me so much.

Wait nvm. I remember now. It's Roy!!

I do wish there was a GIF where it starts off at him getting the smash ball and ending at when he gets back on the stage and repeats. Even I was amazed when I first did that!
https://gifs.com/gif/vMBlY5

I could upload this highlight to my channel and link your channel as the first thing in the description if that's alright.

Last edited:

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
Yooooo! I was wondering where you (and FalKoopa, Valkyrie, etc.) were.

You said it in a better way than me.

I never thought I would see that robots movie again. I actually checked Mr. Enter's channel recently to see if he reviewed it.

Wait.... you have a husband?! I never would have guessed since you've never mentioned one in about a year, we've never seen him around, and since you're with your folks.

Learn something new every day.

None of my other friends in their early 20's are married which might be why it shocks me so much.

Wait nvm. I remember now. It's Roy!!

https://gifs.com/gif/vMBlY5

I could upload this highlight to my channel and link your channel as the first thing in the description if that's alright.
Why yes, that is alright with me! I thank you for doing that for me!

Top Bottom