• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
has anyone seen those new animations, especially the ones where he holds his sword upside down? his blazer is literally sol badguy!

Roy for GGXrd -Revelator- Wii U version when? :p Yeah, I've seen many draw similarities to Roy and Sol Badguy here and there, but this is pretty close. Though I think it could also be a homage to Zero's Ryuenjin (if I wrote it correctly) from MVC3

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
And Roy still doesn't have his sheath in-game like Marth, Lucina, Link, and Toon Link, but whatever.
And he's the one with the cool placement on his scabbard too.
shhh you're not alone Burgundy LOL

Though I've never played it, I'd really like to. How good would you guys say Binding Blade is compared to other Fire Emblems?
The last of the really hard Fire Emblem games (though I'd say Radiant Dawn was modestly challenging too). It's a really great game. Axes are truly terrible, but Geese is so godlike that it doesn't even matter.

Also there's the whole "Roy sucks in his own game". This is true for most of the latter half of the game. He doesn't promote till very close to the end and his growth rates are almost all 50 so he can sometimes get RNG screwed. But when he does promote and gets his signature sword he becomes a great unit.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I feel so bad though because
I've only played Awakening
And I played on casual ;-;

Xeynid

Smash Cadet
I've only played awakening, and while I played it on hard mode... I bought the EXP grinding DLC and just easy-moded most of the game by grinding.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And he's the one with the cool placement on his scabbard too.
Difficult as hell to take his sword out though like Link and Toon Link, but whatever, rule of cool, I guess.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I have not played any FE games. I just really like Roy.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I feel so bad though because
I've only played Awakening
And I played on casual ;-;
On casual? That is an unforgiveable sin my friend.

Seriously, go back and play the games. I recommend a translated Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War though above everything. By far my favorite game in the series. Perfect music, really innovating, really challenging, unique animations for the series. It's really cool.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
On casual? That is an unforgiveable sin my friend.

Seriously, go back and play the games. I recommend a translated Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War though above everything. By far my favorite game in the series. Perfect music, really innovating, really challenging, unique animations for the series. It's really cool.
I don't like it when the people die, okay!? Q-Q
I'll try some eventually though, and eventually replay Awakening on Normal.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
And to ahow

Lol they did the same thing they did with mewtwo

Identical poses from before.
Also, this is going to make for a pretty great Amiibo. No ugly stand either. Though, to be fair, some characters like Falcon look great even with the stand.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've only played Awakening on casual too. i'm a sinner to the FE series ok I tried it on classic Lunatic+ one time and I was just like NOPE lol. I'm really interested in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn but they're very hard to find. Since Roy is coming back, I'm really considering trying out Binding Blade. Thanks for the responses about that btw.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
It's pretty common for most people who play smash to not have played any FE games aside awakening so I doubt anyone truly cares at this point.

Just so you know, Roy's FE is imo one of the worst and I wish I could say something better about Roy himself in his own game. He's just so weak that majority of the game you looking for ways to force him to level 20 and put him somewhere safe so he's not forced to fight. He becomes really good when he gets his Sword of Seals, but that's in like the last 3 chapters and it only has 20 uses.

Nevertheless, I love Roy in smash and am glad he's back now looking better than before. In fact, I will even dare say that I'll pick this game up again and main him to death.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I think I will get the Fire Emblem crossover game.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
It's pretty common for most people who play smash to not have played any FE games aside awakening so I doubt anyone truly cares at this point.

Just so you know, Roy's FE is imo one of the worst and I wish I could say something better about Roy himself in his own game. He's just so weak that majority of the game you looking for ways to force him to level 20 and put him somewhere safe so he's not forced to fight. He becomes really good when he gets his Sword of Seals, but that's in like the last 3 chapters and it only has 20 uses.

Nevertheless, I love Roy in smash and am glad he's back now looking better than before. In fact, I will even dare say that I'll pick this game up again and main him to death.
I dunno if I'd call Fire Emblem 6 one of the weakest. The actual design of the levels is pretty great on a lot of the chapters. There are some truly terrible chapters(that one with the nomad tents in Sacae) but a lot of them are just awesome, like the one right before Bern Castle with all the dragons. I'd probably rank it somewhere in the upper-mid Fire Emblems. My favorites are the Super Nintendo ones to be sure though.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I'm about to go to Target to buy a $20 eshop card and maybe an Amiibo(crosses fingers for Jiggs). If everything we've seen is releasing tomorrow and I spent the money that was needed for all of it on an Amiibo I'm gonna cry.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I'm about to go to Target to buy a $20 eshop card and maybe an Amiibo(crosses fingers for Jiggs). If everything we've seen is releasing tomorrow and I spent the money that was needed for all of it on an Amiibo I'm gonna cry.
lol good luck finding any rares this late after the release of wave 3. I would know, I've tried. But maybe you'll get lucky lol.

Also 20 dollars is probably how much a pack with everything is going to cost. Somewhere between 15 and 20. I would be pretty surprised if it cost more.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I'm about to go to Target to buy a $20 eshop card
lol good luck finding any rares this late after the release of wave 3. I would know, I've tried. But maybe you'll get lucky lol.

Also 20 dollars is probably how much a pack with everything is going to cost. Somewhere between 15 and 20. I would be pretty surprised if it cost more.
Yeah, like when i bought the two Mario Kart 8 DLC it was only $12 or $13 bucks. I would be quite surprised if it was more too. ^-^"

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457

Yeah, like when i bought the two Mario Kart 8 DLC it was only $12 or $13 bucks. I would be quite surprised if it was more too. ^-^"
I really hope that's how much it'll cost. Also I know finding a rare Amiibo is 1/1000000, but there's other common ones I want.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Kinda a side topic but I've been pleasantly surprised with how Nintendo does DLC. There's usually a good amount of content, it doens't come out till well into the game's life, and the price is usually pretty fair. It's really easy as a developer to go overboard on DLC or post-own payment options.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
has anyone seen those new animations, especially the ones where he holds his sword upside down? his blazer is literally sol badguy!

There's also Ragna the Bloodedge feels too, but since Arc System Works developed both series, not surprising. This already looks like Roy's current jab or Ftilt - can't tell which.
One thing that would be cool is if Roy's game, Binding Blade, and his father's game, Blazing Sword, were remade and not like how Marth's were, but remade in a way to keep the old-school feel.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Jigglypuff Amiibo? Not Roy. infraction.
In all seriousness, dont get your hopes up. Everytime i go somewhere, i expect a hard to find Amiibo, but get :4diddy::4dk::4bowser::4kirby::4luigi::4megaman::4sonic::4pikachu::4mario: amiibo's instead.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
There's also Ragna the Bloodedge feels too, but since Arc System Works developed both series, not surprising. This already looks like Roy's current jab or Ftilt - can't tell which.
One thing that would be cool is if Roy's game, Binding Blade, and his father's game, Blazing Sword, were remade and not like how Marth's were, but remade in a way to keep the old-school feel.
I think that Sealed Sword for sure is due for at least an official translation. I can't believe it's been over 10 years since Blazing Sword! That's what aging is supposed to feel like I guess, it's still as fresh in my mind as it was when I first played it in I think elementary school lol.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Ever since I found out that the FE amiibos are compatible with the new FE coming up I've been on the lookout for a FE amiibo. They're so popular and hard to find, Roy might be my only chance in the next wave.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think that Sealed Sword for sure is due for at least an official translation. I can't believe it's been over 10 years since Blazing Sword! That's what aging is supposed to feel like I guess, it's still as fresh in my mind as it was when I first played it in I think elementary school lol.
People have been wondering about the other FE's getting translated along with Mother 1 and 3 being translated. It'd be really cool and there's the whole what about a F-Zero GX Virtual Console release.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Ever since I found out that the FE amiibos are compatible with the new FE coming up I've been on the lookout for a FE amiibo. They're so popular and hard to find, Roy might be my only chance in the next wave.
Roy won't be coming out till Mewtwo at the absolute earliest. So not till everyone else has had their run. And yeah, tell me about it. Getting Fire Emblem characters is so hard. I'm so glad I had the foresight to pre order Marth on day 1 of amiibo announcements. I take all the FE merch I can get lol. Fortunately I've gotten Robin and Lucina from Japanese imports for an okay price. Still can't get Ike though. My rule is I won't pay more than 20 for any one Amiibo.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Ayy, im going. I will be back tomorrow.
Keep the ember alive.
:roymelee::roypm::4feroy:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
People have been wondering about the other FE's getting translated along with Mother 1 and 3 being translated. It'd be really cool and there's the whole what about a F-Zero GX Virtual Console release.
If F-Zero GX gets a VC release I will personally go out of my way to buy extra copies for other people's consoles to artificially inflate it's numbers. I'd be ecstatic for it. F-Zero and Fire Emblem are my jam man. Right next to Castlevania.

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
I'm still kinda having a difficult time believing that this is real. Roy was the character that introduced me to Smash, and has been my favorite since Melee. Im just super happy to see his glorious return.

Anyone else feel this way?

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
MY BOY IS BACK, OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!! *_*

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
By tomorrow we will all start at level 1 in a world surrounded by mosters probably around lvl 30 (The point where we can destroy them easily)
It is highly recommended that you stay in the lab and grind some levels before setting off
I'm not sure if data transfers are applicable
Good luck and remember that you die when you are killed

Top Bottom