• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Tahu is the lucky winner, Serew is over 3000!!!!!!! (which would be funnier if we were at 9000).

EDIT: oh oh oh Serew is over 9000 / 3!!!!!! (what, you mean that's not funnier? rip lol)

Last edited:
Hey Serew Serew , I sent you four replays.

One's a game against a Marth where I felt untouchable and took 8%.

One's a 2v1 comeback against two villagers in heavy lag, I don't know if there'd be anything notable in there because it was so laggy but they were tree passing and doing villager stuff and I still made the comeback.

The other two are games I just played on FG, there might be some notable moments in those (like with Wario's bike and some of my plays vs. the Wario, the dthrow -> fsmash read against the Roy, and the general combos and side-b's use as a combo tool)

~Chomp

Smash Cadet
If only I could submit clips for the combo video...rip.
Is there ANYTHING I can do?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I know that feeeling.
Still holding onto hope that he will be compatible with Fates later.
Roy not being compatible with Fates would be a huge let down and would not make any sense. I'm sure they'll add him in an update when he comes out.

Speaking of Fates, if they give him an English voice, I think Johnny Yong Bosch would be the perfect fit.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Roy not being compatible with Fates would be a huge let down and would not make any sense. I'm sure they'll add him in an update when he comes out.

Speaking of Fates, if they give him an English voice, I think Johnny Yong Bosch would be the perfect fit.
It would be really, really nice to have him fight with a mixture of both his own game swordplay and Smash 4's iteration. A mix of both. Also I really want to use a infinite durability SOS.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Niiiice. Roy will be the one and only amiibo I'll get personally because I love the heck out of him. I'll name him Sethlon.
Nah, i have 4 others, but they've been for same reasons as you. I love the heck out of the characters. And also, so I can unlock stuff.

I know that feeeling.
Still holding onto hope that he will be compatible with Fates later.
I know. If they don't add Roy, I swear I will be very tempted not to play Fates.

:135:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
It would be really, really nice to have him fight with a mixture of both his own game swordplay and Smash 4's iteration. A mix of both. Also I really want to use a infinite durability SOS.
Yeah. Not to mention seeing Roy in his full glory in a Fire Emblem game once again would be sweet. Not to mention new sprites.

Nah, i have 4 others, but they've been for same reasons as you. I love the heck out of the characters. And also, so I can unlock stuff.

Yeah, same. Roy's always had a special place in my heart personally. He's both my favorite Smash and Fire Emblem character.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah. Not to mention seeing Roy in his full glory in a Fire Emblem game once again would be sweet. Not to mention new sprites.

Yeah, same. Roy's always had a special place in my heart personally. He's both my favorite Smash and Fire Emblem character.
And Fates artwork.

Well, I mean, i've only recently began to like Roy a lot. I still haven't even played Binding Blade.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
And Fates artwork.

Well, I mean, i've only recently began to like Roy a lot. I still haven't even played Binding Blade.

Roy player here since Melee. Always stayed loyal to him :)

One of my friends gave me a translated ROM of Binding Blade that I'm going to play soon. I can give it to you if you want.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Roy player here since Melee. Always stayed loyal to him :)

One of my friends gave me a translated ROM of Binding Blade that I'm going to play soon. I can give it to you if you want.
I thought it was released in English as well? Or was the just the prequel? You know, with Eliwood and Lyn?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I thought it was released in English as well? Or was the just the prequel? You know, with Eliwood and Lyn?

The prequel with Eliwood, Lyn and Hector was the first one released outside of Japan. Binding Blade unfortunately has never seen a release here.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The prequel with Eliwood, Lyn and Hector was the first one released outside of Japan. Binding Blade unfortunately has never seen a release here.
Dam. I really want them to start remaking some of the old games (particularly Lyn and Co and Binding.) Though wouldn't it be a good id to play Lyn's game before Binding Blade?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Dam. I really want them to start remaking some of the old games (particularly Lyn and Co and Binding.) Though wouldn't it be a good id to play Lyn's game before Binding Blade?

Nah, it's fine to play the prequel first. You can understand the story without having any knowledge of the Binding Blade. It's also an easier game overall.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nah, it's fine to play the prequel first. You can understand the story without having any knowledge of the Binding Blade. It's also an easier game overall.
Yeah, kind of guess it was good to play the prequel without playing Binding since it's the prequel and kind of sets up the story for Binding Blade.

Though speaking about the Binding Blade, would be interested about the ROM. Just send me a PM with the details about it, cause I might get it. Kind of Dependent on things

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Yeah, kind of guess it was good to play the prequel without playing Binding since it's the prequel and kind of sets up the story for Binding Blade.

Though speaking about the Binding Blade, would be interested about the ROM. Just send me a PM with the details about it, cause I might get it. Kind of Dependent on things

Alright! Just a heads up, though. Lyn was a character specifically made for the prequel, so she's not gonna make any sort of appearance in Binding Blade. Her final fate is never revealed either.

And well, seeing Eliwood and Hector out of their prime is kinda sad, but awesome at the same time.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Alright! Just a heads up, though. Lyn was a character specifically made for the prequel, so she's not gonna make any sort of appearance in Binding Blade. Her final fate is never revealed either.

And well, seeing Eliwood and Hector out of their prime is kinda sad, but awesome at the same time.
Awesome. Would be nice to play another FE game other than Awakening

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Awesome. Would be nice to play another FE game other than Awakening

Never actually played a Fire Emblem game myself, though I have watched playthroughs of Awakening and Binding Blade. I wanna wait until the english release of Fates because I don't wanna spoil myself.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Never actually played a Fire Emblem game myself, though I have watched playthroughs of Awakening and Binding Blade. I wanna wait until the english release of Fates because I don't wanna spoil myself.
Same. Though I'm a little worried about the characters to be honest

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wtf, I swear I never get alerts for this thread when I'm supposed to...

Just so that everyone is aware, tourney results thread is getting an overhaul and going to be updated like soon. As in today when I get back from out of town... Gotta make a nice little graphic first for the op because I like it when threads look fancy lol.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440

Just so that everyone is aware, tourney results thread is getting an overhaul and going to be updated like soon. As in today when I get back from out of town... Gotta make a nice little graphic first for the op because I like it when threads look fancy lol.
Fancy graphics are <3

EDIT: also, I noticed that after a thread rolls over to the next page, if you don't actually visit the next page, you'll sometimes seem to lose your "watching thread" status. At least, it seems to me.

EDIT2: dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 your new signature is amazing, btw. :D

Last edited:

Serew

Smash Apprentice

Fancy threads woo! Good stuff though :D looking forward to it!
The Roy Koopa jokes, they're coming back..........
THERE IS NO ESCAPE >: )

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I got one question for you guys

Would you replace Roy With a Call of Duty Solider

Of Course i'll say no

what do you guys think

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I got one question for you guys

Would you replace Roy With a Call of Duty Solider

Of Course i'll say no

what do you guys think
Hell no. I wouldn't replace one of my favorite video game characters of all time with a generic soldier from an overmilked series.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Will regret doing all of this later

but right now I am enjoying being bad

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Guys, guys, calm down. If it was a genuine question, please don't be rude. If it's a troll that's being posted everywhere though, just ignore him. Don't feed the troll.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Tahu Mata

I am Sorry for posting this question everywhere, Let me Explain

Shokio had a video about bad character requests, ad the stupidest one was a call of duty solider

I recently started posting comments on the internet for the first time in my life, and i Recently started getting obsessed with this question

I asked one form as both a genuine question and joke, but then i started to ask other groups,

and here we are now

if you like to know more about the reasoning behind this, just ask a question

Top Bottom