• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Tahu Mata

I am Sorry for posting this question everywhere, Let me Explain

Shokio had a video about bad character requests, ad the stupidest one was a call of duty solider

I recently started posting comments on the internet for the first time in my life, and i Recently started getting obsessed with this question

I asked one form as both a genuine question and joke, but then i started to ask other groups,

and here we are now

if you like to know more about the reasoning behind this, just ask a question
I see. Don't do this here, though. Do it somewhere else. It can get extremely annoying.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay..... I will (try) to stop doing this

I am Sorry and i regret all of it

but its not 100% sure i will stop

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I Will regret doing all of this later

but right now I am enjoying being bad
If you continue with this, you'll end up getting banned for being an idiot. Is that really worth it to you? If that's the case, then either:
1. You're a kid who doesn't know any better, or
2. You are mentally unstable and need help.

This isn't funny dude.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
The Roy Koopa jokes, they're coming back..........
I think Roy and Roy Koopa are absolutely adorable together. Let me open up my fanart folder...

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay....... I will try to stop, as i told Tahu Mata

No i am not unstable, but because this was my first week posting on the internet, I got carried away with this

Serew

Smash Apprentice
Quickly guys, we must close EnGarde's fan art folder!!! It's a dangerous tool of spam and destruction!!! The Fan art storm will wipe us all out! Send help! I'm already geting..bl...wn...aw..y AAAAAAGH!!!

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Quickly guys, we must close EnGarde's fan art folder!!! It's a dangerous tool of spam and destruction!!! The Fan art storm will wipe us all out! Send help! I'm already geting..bl...wn...aw..y AAAAAAGH!!!
It's too late, people. We've lost Serew.

7NATOR

Smash Master
HELLO GUYS

I AM THE ONE WHO ANTAGONIZED THIS BOARD, WHICH INCLUDE THIS SOCIAL THREAD

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I'M SORRY FOR THAT

I PROMISE I WOULD NOT DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT AGAIN

(I Hope)

But a Real question

1. would you have preferred that smash 4 used the old design, or do you like the new design

~Chomp

Smash Cadet
Also, I would like to ask.
Is anyone finding any practical use out of Back Throw? It seems a bit useless to me. F-Throw combos more, same with D-Throw, and Up Throw can actually kill. Maybe converts into a a Bair at 0 percent depending on DI? No clue.
Also, I can't use my 3DS during the week that much, so I can't really do a lot of stuff Mon-Thurs :(
Working on a list of full throw combos for all chars btw. Gonna be a loooot of work.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
^ I think me and EnGarde EnGarde discussed Roy's back throw usage some time ago. I mean, there's positioning mix up, but I don't think you can't really do follow-ups because it's kinda laggy. You can force opponents to land on platforms (this various by platform height and %), which to me seems like the most useful thing you can get out of back throw other than for positioning. It's not even Roy's strongest throw... Yeah, buff Bthrow pls.

HELLO GUYS

(I Hope)

But a Real question

1. would you have preferred that smash 4 used the old design, or do you like the new design
There's no need to spam apologetic posts. Apologizing once is fine enough.

You're free to ask any off-topic things here, but spamming the same question everywhere will be frowned upon. If you want to get a lot of people's opinion on questions you have, I'd suggest checking out the Smash 4 general discussion thread (or any other general/social thread from whatever Smash game interests you).

And let's avoid throwing out insults or calling others mentally unstable, even towards potential trolls. It's the reaction they want, right? Just ignore and report please.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
~Chomp ~Chomp Croph Croph I did some testing with it, even at the proper percent to force opponent's to tech on platforms, back throw has too much endlag to allow followups. The opponent can always use all tech options before you can respond. Back throw is only likely to be useful in doubles, for team combos.

As for throw followups, Serew Serew and I were working through the character classes to start with, mainly focusing on dthrow and fthrow (and when to use one or the other, based on opponent's DI habits and percent). There's also the basic listing of combos in the Roy community guide. We could definitely use more hands helping on this, though, as the guide hasn't been updated since before the shield patch, let alone the recent landing lag reductions, and there's still a lot of work left to go on dthrow vs fthrow.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Also, I would like to ask.
Is anyone finding any practical use out of Back Throw? It seems a bit useless to me. F-Throw combos more, same with D-Throw, and Up Throw can actually kill. Maybe converts into a a Bair at 0 percent depending on DI? No clue.
Also, I can't use my 3DS during the week that much, so I can't really do a lot of stuff Mon-Thurs :(
Working on a list of full throw combos for all chars btw. Gonna be a loooot of work.
The really problem with Bthrow is like what everyone else has said, despite the nice position for a set up, it has away to much lag to actually do anything. It hurts so much too. I just want them to really reduce the endlag on it. And a lot of other moves too.

:135:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
HELLO GUYS

(I Hope)

But a Real question

I'm actually not so happy with Smash 4's. Those weird shin things that he wears that flare out at the ankles are overdone and non-cannon (even as FE 13 DLC). He's too big/tall. He doesn't have a sheath (I know he shouldn't but I really want him to lol).

Anyway, too much flare on this Roy. They probably overdid it this hard because DLC but typically, no one gets that fashionable in FE.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm actually not so happy with Smash 4's. Those weird shin things that he wears that flare out at the ankles are overdone and non-cannon (even as FE 13 DLC). He's too big/tall. He doesn't have a sheath (I know he shouldn't but I really want him to lol).

Anyway, too much flare on this Roy. They probably overdid it this hard because DLC but typically, no one gets that fashionable in FE.
I don't mind the boot flaps Though i can see wear you're coming from. I just kind of hate the tattered cape and the Ryu Banda ribbon things. I just like his normal head band.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

I love his new design personally, but I can see why you don't like it. I think it blends well attributes of both his original and Awakening outfits.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Ello guys its been a while. How is everyone doing? I had to fully reformat my pc because of a bad program deleting a lot of my stuff so i lost a lot of my hard work like the Roy i was working on in PS. Anyways sorry i dont post nearly as often as i normally used to here

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Ello guys its been a while. How is everyone doing? I had to fully reformat my pc because of a bad program deleting a lot of my stuff so i lost a lot of my hard work like the Roy i was working on in PS. Anyways sorry i dont post nearly as often as i normally used to here
Been doing good! Ever since our boy came back, we've been trying to improve him to his full potential.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Welcome Back! :D Yeah, a lot of people were off for a while, but seem to be drifting back lol.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I finally took the time to clean out my drawers today (that took a lot longer than I imagined...). Most papers were pretty old, like from elementary school even. Found some math tests I did not do so great on. And I still suck at math even today lol. Anyway, I came across this picture I drew, must have been from some time ago:

"Good looking" :chuckle:. This drawing made my day.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Welcome Back! :D Yeah, a lot of people were off for a while, but seem to be drifting back lol.
Specially me lol. I was one of the most active Roy supporters during the dark times, but after he came back, I went away for quite some time mostly to practice him. Now I'm back and ready to help out with his metagame.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hey, don't worry about not posting as often. We all have our reasons, but it's nice to hear from you, even if it's every now and then. A lot of us are enjoying the Roy buffs, which also seemed to have brought more activity here.

Specially me lol. I was gone from the Roy boards for quite some time mostly to practice him, but I'm back and ready to help out with his metagame.
Aw yeah, one of my fave Bionicles is back! :D I also love any bionicle that has to do with ice, which is kinda ironic lol

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Specially me lol. I was one of the most active Roy supporters during the dark times, but after he came back, I went away for quite some time mostly to practice him. Now I'm back and ready to help out with his metagame.
I wasn't active in the support threads, but I could guess after watching the leaks that I'd play Roy pretty heavily, because his playstyle looked like what I was looking for in a character. After he was released, I just knew that Roy was the character for me. Been playing him ever since. :D

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Aw yeah, one of my fave Bionicles is back! :D I also love any bionicle that has to do with ice, which is kinda ironic lol
Haha, yeah. Tahu's my favorite Bionicle character, but Ice ones like Kopaka are really awesome, too.

I wasn't active in the support threads, but I could guess after watching the leaks that I'd play Roy pretty heavily, because his playstyle looked like what I was looking for in a character. After he was released, I just knew that Roy was the character for me. Been playing him ever since. :D
When the Roy and Ryu sound files were discovered in the Mewtwo patch, that was when I decided to stop being silent and start supporting Roy by making this account. My favorite Smash and FE character, and I couldn't be happier to have him back.

Last edited:

~Chomp

Smash Cadet
My Smash 4 main list was super strange.
My first two were ZSS and Shulk, but I was so bad in those days that's it's actually pitiful. Think of the worst player you've ever seen and make them worse. That was me.
My second was Fox. Here was when I was decent at the game. Still bad.
Then I got all three DLC's and wanted to use Ryu, then I tried out Roy and realized that I liked everything about him (exept for Back Throw. Sakurai pls). During the Roy period, I picked up/dropped Mario, Luigi, Falco, Ryu, Fox, Sheik, Falcon and ZSS, usually two of the above at a time as pockets. I still have a Falcon and a Sheik (considering dropping), along with a Cloud that I feel really comfortable with. Probably will go down to a 3-character roster as Cloud covers most of Roy's bad matchups and Falcon is fun as hell.
Sorry about the completely useless wall of text.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
My Smash 4 main list was super strange.
My first two were ZSS and Shulk, but I was so bad in those days that's it's actually pitiful. Think of the worst player you've ever seen and make them worse. That was me.
My second was Fox. Here was when I was decent at the game. Still bad.
Then I got all three DLC's and wanted to use Ryu, then I tried out Roy and realized that I liked everything about him (exept for Back Throw. Sakurai pls). During the Roy period, I picked up/dropped Mario, Luigi, Falco, Ryu, Fox, Sheik, Falcon and ZSS, usually two of the above at a time as pockets. I still have a Falcon and a Sheik (considering dropping), along with a Cloud that I feel really comfortable with. Probably will go down to a 3-character roster as Cloud covers most of Roy's bad matchups and Falcon is fun as hell.
Sorry about the completely useless wall of text.
Nah, it was actually pretty interesting getting to know who you've played over time.

The 2 characters I've been playing since Day 1 are Shulk and Ness. I wasn't very good with them at the beginning, but I've improved considerably.

Then I started supporting Roy and decided that if he came back as DLC, I would main him without a doubt. Well, here we are now.

Cloud and Corrin are my favorite DLC characters aside from him and was super excited for them, so I picked up these two as my secondaries.

Two characters I wanted to main were Little Mac and Pac-Man, but his shaky rep kinda threw me off, and I'm not a big fan of how Pac plays.

Two characters I used to main were Sonic and Game & Watch. Game & Watch was because I just found characters I'm more competent with, and I don't think I need to explain Sonic.

I still really enjoy using them, though.

Here's my character competency chart if you guys are curious. Basically shows how good I am with each character.

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 8.09.20 PM.png

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Nah, it was actually pretty interesting getting to know who you've played over time.

The 2 characters I've been playing since Day 1 are Shulk and Ness. I wasn't very good with them at the beginning, but I've improved considerably.

Then I started supporting Roy and decided that if he came back as DLC, I would main him without a doubt. Well, here we are now.

Cloud and Corrin are my favorite DLC characters aside from him and was super excited for them, so I picked up these two as my secondaries.

Two characters I wanted to main were Little Mac and Pac-Man, but his shaky rep kinda threw me off, and I'm not a big fan of how Pac plays.

Two characters I used to main were Sonic and Game & Watch. Game & Watch was because I just found characters I'm more competent with, and I don't think I need to explain Sonic.

I still really enjoy using them, though.

Here's my character competency chart if you guys are curious. Basically shows how good I am with each character.

View attachment 97553
I don't know... Sheik needs kinda skill to play right.There are some charas that need quite some skill to master, who are far too low.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I don't know... Sheik needs kinda skill to play right.There are some charas that need quite some skill to master, who are far too low.
It's the list of characters I'm good with, not the amount of skill needed to play them. Rosalina wouldn't be at the dead bottom and Cloud wouldn't be at the top if that was the case.

Last edited:

Serew

Smash Apprentice
Just realised i didn't post anything here after that "fan art storm blow away" thing. so uh.. hi :D? I have returned from the depths of EnGarde's fan art pit. Anyways, on the whole subject of mains: i started off using Shulk cause of my Xenoblade love, after finding the monado playstyle not fun (i do now actually) I switched to Greninja but didn't stick with him for a that long. Then i tried Ike again cause he was my casual brawl main and sticked with him for a while. After then asking a friend of mine if he knew another character that was good that would fit me as well he recommended Roy to me, which was not too long after his release with all the top tier hype :p Even though people started to find him worse and worse i'm still maining him till this day, i just love how he plays and looks. I've been having trouble playing secondaries though. I want to find the balance between fun and viable as a secondary but haven't been able to find anyone :p I have still been getting pretty good results with Roy exclusively though. So i'm less worried about a secondary as long as i'm not going to big nationals. I'm currently just playing some characters in friendlies to see what i like but it's not getting anywhere to secondary/co-main level :p I'm determined to bring out the best that i can with Roy though, so it's less of an issue :) In the end, Roy is my boy!

Also i should put magikarps in my signature. gonna do that right away. :129:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I have returned from the depths of EnGarde's fan art pit. :129:
They only got the tip of the iceberg here, lolol. I have quite the collection of assorted fan art pictures, and looooove fanarting with @ZeroKarma :D

Since we're all sharing our mains journey, I guess I'll share mine lol. When the 3DS version came out, I played my favorite video game character, Samus (power suit, not zero suit), almost exclusively. She still holds the record for most played character on 3DS for me lol. However, I found that her playstyle didn't mesh at all with me, because I found after I started switching characters, I could play better and I enjoyed the game a lot more lol. I drifted between a bunch of characters, including ZSS, Falcon, Lucina, and Marth, before finally settling on Pit. Once Roy came out, though, I went back into pretty much exclusively a single character: in this case playing Roy lol. I took a break and now I've been focusing on Roy, with Pit as my primary secondary, and Lucina for a low tier tournament. I also practice Lucario, as well, though without being able to consistently do asc setups, my Lucario is fraud lol. idk why I have such trouble with b reversing. :(

Serew

Smash Apprentice
I finally took the time to clean out my drawers today (that took a lot longer than I imagined...). Most papers were pretty old, like from elementary school even. Found some math tests I did not do so great on. And I still suck at math even today lol. Anyway, I came across this picture I drew, must have been from some time ago:

"Good looking" :chuckle:. This drawing made my day.
I just saw this. Let's all bring out our masterful Roy art.
It's Roui fan art. Obviously, this is much different than Roy but still good enough.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I just saw this. Let's all bring out our masterful Roy art.
It's Roui fan art. Obviously, this is much different than Roy but still good enough.
supre smesh bras, featuring roui, mayro, sanic, shalk, and cresh.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I can never understand how people can really like Pit or Pittoo but not the other as much/play them as well. It's really confusing.

I can understand that confusion. I just feel more natural playing with Dark Pit and I just like him more as a character. Not saying Pit's bad.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
supre smesh bras, featuring roui, mayro, sanic, shalk, and cresh.
And Chrome, Lasoona, and Morth.mp4 from teh Fire Embull lol.

Also, thanks for the like spam, Serew Serew . :D

---

I can never understand how people can really like Pit or Pittoo but not the other as much/play them as well. It's really confusing.

I like and play Pit wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more than Pittoo, admittedly lol. I like his cornball personality better, and I like his better arrows and the fact that his tipper ftilt is a kill move. I use him over Pittoo entirely because personal preference, since I know Pittoo now has that awesome side+b.

Top Bottom