• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
May I ask if you have some sort of tricks you use when making these?
I'd really like to do some myself but it's really time-consuming.
I won't say it isn't time consuming.

I get a screenshot or render or whatever, and I over-trace it in Illustrator. I almost exclusively use the Pen tool and pathfinder.

I don't get bored because I listen to audiobooks while I'm doing it. I can divert my focus half to the art, half to the book.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I won't say it isn't time consuming.

I get a screenshot or render or whatever, and I over-trace it in Illustrator. I almost exclusively use the Pen tool and pathfinder.

I don't get bored because I listen to audiobooks while I'm doing it. I can divert my focus half to the art, half to the book.
Ah well, I don't have Illustrator so...looks like I will have to do mine...the hard way!

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I love people who aren't offended easily. I tend to poke fun at people a lot jokingly so I hate when they think I'm serious cough cough Roy discord cough. often times people can't handle my dank memeage, but that's just who I am bby ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)>⌐■-■
Well I surround myself with pranksters and people that love to mess around. So i can take a joke and most of the time we pick on one another like insulting each other.... it's our way of life.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Well I surround myself with pranksters and people that love to mess around. So i can take a joke and most of the time we pick on one another like insulting each other.... it's our way of life.
Bruh. Bruh, chill. It's just a prank, bro. IT'S JUST A PRANK, BRO! DUDE, CHILL! IT WAS JUST A PRANK, BRO!!!!!11!!1

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Merry Christmas Guys have a good one and be safe, i'm gonna be M.I.A all day today so see you guys sunday.

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
Merry Christmas Guys have a good one and be safe, i'm gonna be M.I.A all day today so see you guys sunday.
**** you, **** me. I am Christmas. I am Santa. I give everyone the gift of love except Lotad. I give him the gift of hatred right back to him. ;^)

PRANKED

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Merry Christmas everybody! And if you celebrate anything else, happy holidays! I hope you all got what you wanted. :^)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and have a SMASHING New Year!!

Just pretend it says 2016 at the end... Outdated, but still a hilarious song (gotta love Hyadain).

Greetings everyone, just wanted to wish you all a...

Omg Santa's actually Tuxedo Mask!?

*swoons*

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I have returned, kinda got drunk but i'm alive no the less anyway hope you guys had a Awesome holiday. Now back to burning people!

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
I have returned, kinda got drunk but i'm alive no the less anyway hope you guys had a Awesome holiday. Now back to burning people!
My holiday was good. I am glad yours was as well. I still want to know if u will giv de succ bb

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
My holiday was good. I am glad yours was as well. I still want to know if u will giv de succ bb
I'm sorry i didn't get that last part? please explain to me i'm kinda slow when it comes to cryptic sentence's....:sick:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Ugh, this place turned into cancer since I left. Apparently Roy mains care more about derping around than their own character's metagame since no one has contributed anything in months. Sickening. Come on, guys. This place is complete garbage compared to the Link boards.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Ugh, this place turned into cancer since I left. Apparently Roy mains care more about derping around than their own character's metagame since no one has contributed anything in months. Sickening. Come on, guys. This place is complete garbage compared to the Link boards.
Well to be fair i'm new here but with the recent patch and release of Cloud nothing was changed with Roy, most of his combo's from patch 1.1.0 and as of 1.1.3 still work. Such as his throw combo's at certain percentage's among other combo's like tilt's.

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
What do you want me to do, a ****ing backflip?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
What do you want me to do, a ****ing backflip?
Would be nice if you backfliped the **** out of here if you're not even going to contribute to a decent conversation. No one needs your useless garbage posting and it isn't funny. Sorry to be the one to tell you.

Edit: My bad for double posting.

Last edited:

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
Would be nice if you backfliped the **** out of here if you're not even going to contribute to a decent conversation. No one needs your useless garbage posting and it isn't funny. Sorry to be the one to tell you.

Edit: My bad for double posting.
;^)

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
lol, you don't get the point of a "social" thread, do you?

Go the the metagame thread, this here is just meme hell.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Let's not... antagonize each other, okay? I'll be gone all day tomorrow and I don't want to find this thread burned down when I return.

Where are all the notable, tournament worthy Roys like Sethlon and Neo? The Roy boards need these guys.
I can understand your frustration, but I don't think there's any noteworthy Roy mains who are active regularly on the forums. In fact, this isn't exclusive to Roy. Many other characters are in a similar or worse situation. To add to your list, I knew of one very good Roy player that posted here a few times, but I believe he talked about dropping Roy sometime ago sadly. So, while having active pro players is obviously a great thing, sometimes we can't always rely on such people. Sometimes we have to be the ones to take the plunge, bite the bullet, and do our best with what we got. And with my life getting better on track and since I have time to actually go to tourneys now, I hope to learn more about our boy and gain a whole bunch of experience.

While this thread is for socializing and general off-topic stuff, there's no rules against discussing gameplay-related stuff. Although I would also suggest posting such things in the metagame thread for better documentation, especially if there's any new findings. AAAND I completely forgot test which percents Roy dies to Finishing Touch, although a quick search through the Cloud boards brought me to this doc. Dies at 69% no rage, but I'll probably test it out myself tomorrow night or whenever I get the chance.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Let's not... antagonize each other, okay? I'll be gone all day tomorrow and I don't want to find this thread burned down when I return.

I can understand your frustration, but I don't think there's any noteworthy Roy mains who are active regularly on the forums. In fact, this isn't exclusive to Roy. Many other characters are in a similar or worse situation. To add to your list, I knew of one very good Roy player that posted here a few times, but I believe he talked about dropping Roy sometime ago sadly. So, while having active pro players is obviously a great thing, sometimes we can't always rely on such people. Sometimes we have to be the ones to take the plunge, bite the bullet, and do our best with what we got. And with my life getting better on track and since I have time to actually go to tourneys now, I hope to learn more about our boy and gain a whole bunch of experience.

While this thread is for socializing and general off-topic stuff, there's no rules against discussing gameplay-related stuff. Although I would also suggest posting such things in the metagame thread for better documentation, especially if there's any new findings. AAAND I completely forgot test which percents Roy dies to Finishing Touch, although a quick search through the Cloud boards brought me to this doc. Dies at 69% no rage, but I'll probably test it out myself tomorrow night or whenever I get the chance.
t
I faced a friend last night with my Roy vs his Cloud it seems in the 60's ( percentage wise ) Roy dies to Finishing Touch and that's without rage, but i also managed to die earlier to Cloud's FT earlier when i failed to time my air dodge and FT killed at 48%. Still gathering info on this because let's be honest as awesome Cloud is his FT is F****** weird.

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
t
I faced a friend last night with my Roy vs his Cloud it seems in the 60's ( percentage wise ) Roy dies to Finishing Touch and that's without rage, but i also managed to die earlier to Cloud's FT earlier when i failed to time my air dodge and FT killed at 48%. Still gathering info on this because let's be honest as awesome Cloud is his FT is F****** weird.
Yea, its hitbox is also pretty ****ed.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Right, so I forgot to mention that the testing was done on FD in that doc. But I've just tested it myself, and Roy does die at 69%, centre of FD. Falling speed plays a big part in survivability, so Roy's up there in terms of surviving Finishing Touch at a higher %. Of course proper DI will help you live probably up to a few % more but be careful of stages with low ceilings or if you're in the air close to the top. I can only imagine Could + Rage will make you die even earlier... yikes.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
I just got Echidna on in fe6, and she looks so cool! But she's a pre-promote... and you know what that means...
upload_2015-12-31_18-41-17.png

Yeah, that...
Dear god, I knew she would be bad, but this bad?! Those growth rates are worse than Innes'! AND Klein's!
But I'm still gonna use her because she seems cool. I'm probably gonna need to use arena abuse so hard with her...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Where are all the notable, tournament worthy Roys like Sethlon and Neo? The Roy boards need these guys.

But seriously; work and the handful of projects on my hands atm have led to me not spending much time on Smashboards. Should be more free come the end of next week when I've escaped the shackles of my work schedule.

I have been doing analysis streams of my Smash4 Roy play, and also putting the VoDs up on youtube after they're done. I'm gonna create another thread to drop all those in, maybe spur some discussion there

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
That gif is even better than brawl mk.

So I've decided that I'm gonna promote Roy from my secondary to my main (rip tink). I simple enjoy playing him more, his play style suits me the best out of all the chars in this game. On top of that, I get much better results with him than I do with tink. I think the main reason is the campy play style tink needs to succeed; I always find myself going way too agro with him,even when I know I need to camp. So although I'll keep him as a secondary because I find him fun to play with all his tech and I just love the character.

But anyway, onto the point. I only really noticed just recently how little I practice roy. I mean, I play him a lot, but out of games I never practice spacing, combos or even just general movement! So I'm definitely gonna lab him a lot more...
and I'd quite like to play against some good roy mains. Hell, not even very good, just someone who knows what they're doing.

Bottom line, any Roy mains who have the free time and a good understanding of the character can feel free to pm me for friendlies. Just to note, though, arranging times for friendlies may be awkward as I live in England so timezones n such.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Bottom line, any Roy mains who have the free time and a good understanding of the character can feel free to pm me for friendlies. Just to note, though, arranging times for friendlies may be awkward as I live in England so timezones n such.
Feel free to add me I'm not the Best Roy ever, but i know my way around a combo or two. Never hurts to face a fellow Roy and Improve!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
After seeing this...

I feel so dumb because I completely forgot it's possible to stage spike with a ledge attack, and now I remember I've seen it done a few times in the past (though I believe it works with most characters?). Normally I would buffer anything but a ledge attack (idk why, random habit), but I guess if the timing/situation is right, you can get a stage spike instead, which is an awesome way to net a KO if I do say so myself.

Edit: Okay, gfycat embeds are weird since they don't show up when you preview a post. Anyway

^ me whenever I see people outside playing and having fun

Ahh, who needs friends anyway. As long as I have Sm4sh...

Last edited:
Top Bottom