• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since Wolf isn't coming back, I've decided to join the Roy bandwagon by purchasing him today. He sure does feel different from his Melee incarnation, especially with his Flare Blade.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Hey guys, I'm back from my Smashboards breather and I'm going to do a clean up & updates starting tomorrow since I'm about to hit the hay. I've noticed some unnecessary threads made, so please do research before making a thread and post questions in relevant threads (Q&A, this social, etc.) instead of making a new one.

In the meantime, have some cute fanart:

Personally, I kinda like Roy's character in his game. I feel that if they went with a more wild or energetic personality it would've made him a bit more predictable in terms of personality. Although I think in one support it's revealed that when Roy's depressed or unhappy he masks those feelings, so who knows. Maybe his energetic side gets suppressed too. But since he's more reserved and down to earth in FE6, I feel like he subverts this popular trope. It's like, if you see a redheaded anime character, 9 times out of 10 the character has a fiery personality. More so if the character also has fire powers lol. I'm exaggerating, but still. I'd like to see more twists on tropes/cliches.

Still, if given the chance in an FE game, I wonder how they would flesh out Roy's character.
hey Croph Welcome Back. i just came back too

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
hey Croph Welcome Back. i just came back too
Hey, sup?

I've just checked by school schedule for next term, and I'm pretty sure I could make it to the weeklies here on Monday now. My class ends at 3 pm, giving me like 3 hours before bracket starts, phew. Although, it takes me an hour to travel to school and back (I bus), and from home to the venue it takes more than an hour. But there are some bus routes I can take from school, which would only take 30 min at most travelling to the venue. Might be safer to bus straight there from school. Just gotta remember to bring a controller with me lol. sorry I'm thinking out loud

I'm gonna update the OP to this thread soon, just to add some links and clarification and stuff. All in favour of changing the song to this:

:awesome:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Welcome then. Enjoy near lagless neutral+B and insane killpower.
Yeah Roy sure does feel improved after his Melee days. For one thing, his air game is no longer bad, but I was rather surprised with how mobile he is in the air as well.

Of course, knowing that a full power Flare Blade delivers less knockback than the other charge levels now was a large shock, as I've noticed the knockback difference between charge levels while playing Home-Run Contest with him.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Hey, sup?

I've just checked by school schedule for next term, and I'm pretty sure I could make it to the weeklies here on Monday now. My class ends at 3 pm, giving me like 3 hours before bracket starts, phew. Although, it takes me an hour to travel to school and back (I bus), and from home to the venue it takes more than an hour. But there are some bus routes I can take from school, which would only take 30 min at most travelling to the venue. Might be safer to bus straight there from school. Just gotta remember to bring a controller with me lol. sorry I'm thinking out loud

I'm gonna update the OP to this thread soon, just to add some links and clarification and stuff. All in favour of changing the song to this:

:awesome:
Not much. Moved back to my hometown in Oregon from Az. Still giving up on comp smash but still playing for fun. Been playing cloud and think he's fun. Was horrified at bayonetta and corrin until I watched their trailers and now actually want them. My PM Roy has regained his former glory and that makes me happy. Also found out I have insomnia which sucks. So that's why I disappeared for a bit.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
In the future, I would suggest typing some text to go along with image posts so there's some more substance to it (granted it links to the site, but image-only posts is something we'd like to avoid, part of the global rules). I'd like the Social here to be chill, but not too chill where image-only posts are a reoccurring problem (but that hasn't happened yet, I think, so ya'll are good).

That sounds a bit contradictory. A chill Social for such a hot character...

Anyway, it's always nice to see the graphics you make. Ahh, there's even Inigo <3

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
In the future, I would suggest typing some text to go along with image posts so there's some more substance to it (granted it links to the site, but image-only posts is something we'd like to avoid, part of the global rules). I'd like the Social here to be chill, but not too chill where image-only posts are a reoccurring problem (but that hasn't happened yet, I think, so ya'll are good).

That sounds a bit contradictory. A chill Social for such a hot character...

Anyway, it's always nice to see the graphics you make. Ahh, there's even Inigo <3
You got it, I'll make sure to add text to these posts in the future.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Since Wolf isn't coming back, I've decided to join the Roy bandwagon by purchasing him today. He sure does feel different from his Melee incarnation, especially with his Flare Blade.
I joined the Roy wagon long before it was known that Wolf wasn't coming back :(
Haven't posted here much though. Hello again!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The Roy social isn't the most active one, but it does have its days. Although since it's the holidays I wouldn't be surprised if people have a bit more stuff on their plates. Which reminds me, I still gotta do some shopping... too bad the weather here has been rainy all week.

tfw you have teh ph1r3 but then it rains

I'll also be away a few days soon, but I might still have wifi? I need to double check on that one.

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
The Roy social isn't the most active one, but it does have its days. Although since it's the holidays I wouldn't be surprised if people have a bit more stuff on their plates. Which reminds me, I still gotta do some shopping... too bad the weather here has been rainy all week.

tfw you have teh ph1r3 but then it rains

I'll also be away a few days soon, but I might still have wifi? I need to double check on that one.
I still love you

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
And just like that my hope's and dreams have been crushed, leaves with the game over theme of final fantasy playing....
Not in anyway saying you are, but your 5 mains are literally the 5 most played chars by the fg scrubs. I see why you main them though, I main tink, personally, so I can understand Link's appeal, I pocket falcon and cloud, I secondary mac (foxtrot, perfect pivot tilts Kreygasm) and played m2 for a while, I played him like a king.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Not in anyway saying you are, but your 5 mains are literally the 5 most played chars by the fg scrubs. I see why you main them though, I main tink, personally, so I can understand Link's appeal, I pocket falcon and cloud, I secondary mac (foxtrot, perfect pivot tilts Kreygasm) and played m2 for a while, I played him like a king.
Don't worry i don't get offended easily and yeah i've been told before about my choice of mains being the characters everyone and their mother uses. But i main characters for many reasons, I like the character from their respective series and i find them fun to use in smash among others.

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
Since when is Mewtwo a FG scrub character? I thought everybody hated Mewtwo because hurr durr not super-god tier.
Since he was released and then everyone on FG went "HOLY **** TELEPATHIC CAT THING!"

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Since he was released and then everyone on FG went "HOLY **** TELEPATHIC CAT THING!"
Yeah. Sounds like something a person completely unaware of Mewtwo or pokemon in general would say, I for one went on FG yesterday and managed to beat a Cloud player with Mewtwo... granted they weren't that good.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
And after facing all 5 of my Amiibo ( Level 50 ) and going 1v1 with my Friend using no one but Roy i feel good about being here again. Please notice me Cr0n!

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
And after facing all 5 of my Amiibo ( Level 50 ) and going 1v1 with my Friend using no one but Roy i feel good about being here again. Please notice me Cr0n!
I love you. Also I was joking in the other post anyway ;^)

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Oh boy. Not easily offended people are my favourite. Welcome, CrimsonRick117 CrimsonRick117 .
Anyways, Roy, Shulk and Bayo, depending how she playes, will be really neat mains. I really needed finally someone with projectiles, so hope Bayo does it for me.

Roy is glorious in the last days. I've been using him mainly to fight off the insane wave of cloud scrubs. Just... woah. The amount is unreal. I haven't seen anyone except once another Roy in FG since a while.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Oh boy. Not easily offended people are my favourite. Welcome, CrimsonRick117 CrimsonRick117 .
Anyways, Roy, Shulk and Bayo, depending how she playes, will be really neat mains. I really needed finally someone with projectiles, so hope Bayo does it for me.

Roy is glorious in the last days. I've been using him mainly to fight off the insane wave of cloud scrubs. Just... woah. The amount is unreal. I haven't seen anyone except once another Roy in FG since a while.
I feel welcomed. As for FG i'm gonna stay clear of for now too Cloudy....

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
I love people who aren't offended easily. I tend to poke fun at people a lot jokingly so I hate when they think I'm serious cough cough Roy discord cough. often times people can't handle my dank memeage, but that's just who I am bby ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)>⌐■-■

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
I love people who aren't offended easily. I tend to poke fun at people a lot jokingly so I hate when they think I'm serious cough cough Roy discord cough. often times people can't handle my dank memeage, but that's just who I am bby ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)>⌐■-■
;^)

Top Bottom