• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Troykv

Smash Master
I do feel Eliwood and Hector are about as viable as each other, and they're both beasts. Eliwood has rougher starting levels but catches up quickly, his other strengths even it out. I'd rank Lyndis below them. Hector's just more novice friendly than the other two lords, and you did say that you're not into FE for gameplay and you've only played bits of the games, so claiming that is understandable. I also feel like being surrounded by that kind of bias is influencing it, too. My opinion was Hector > Eliwood for quite a while around 2010, also around the time I was on GameFAQ's forums where things were similar to where you are now, then it shifted to Hector = Eliwood once I stopped making rookie mistakes every turn and used every unit to their fullest. This is removing my obvious username bias. Once I did more laid-back playthroughs, as well as more serious LTC's, draft runs, and challenge runs throughout the series away from people, this became obvious. Back when I only played 2 Fire Emblems and wasn't that good at most RPG's and any opportunity to use the boards on GameFAQ's at the library got me hyped, I did have these kinds of opinions. I still spoke up rarely, though, once I became a slightly more experienced player, and then poofed entirely. I feel like forums now and places of decline are filled with players that are in my old, old incredibly scrubby shoes. I wanna buy new shoes for everyone.

I have tried giving places like r/fireemblem more chances and being more open-minded, I'm just more disappointed and sad every time I give them a chance.

People claim that some lords are mediocre or the worst lords in the series when they're far from the experience to speak on lords that aren't that much below great, there's too many who rely on novice-friendly lords which drop in usefulness with more experience/skill that let them make more mistakes, and then crap on lords that require more efficicent and smart use. I'm not saying all lords are excellent with smart use, just that some require good resource management and positioning that benefits them more than it does for others to bring them up to par. If any lord from the GBA games is mediocre, it's Lyndis.

Ephraim > Eirika, definitely. TSS is so easy, none of the enemies are really strong or noteworthy, and the lords have unbelievably high growth totals, so I don't think Eirika's bad or mediocre. Ephraim's just more noteworthy. Eirika would be mediocre in a different setting, though.

Eliwood is too good overall to be mediocre, Roy and Eirika don't stand out as much as really up-there lords but they're definitely not near mediocre and they shine pretty hard with their promotions and legendary weapons.

The only mediocre lords in my book are Celica, Lyndis, Micaiah, Sothe, and Lucina. The first four are underwhelming and glassy, Lucina comes in halfway through the game at Lv10 unpromoted when there's many braindead ways to break anything from Nor/Cas to L+/Cla much earlier without the tools to keep up with higher difficulties at all, unless you spend hours grinding which are hours that could have cheesed through and finished the game, and grinding a unit a bunch of levels between chapters (which lets anyone in Awakening break the game) isn't a good argument for efficiency. I wish I.S knew how to balance female lords, but I'll probably never see it.

I'd rank Hector and Eliwood as high-tier lords, Ephraim as upper-mid, and Eirika and Roy as mid.

Alm, Sigurd, and Ike above them all, but only those three. I don't think Hector and Ephraim are anywhere near as noteworthy as those three like some make them out to be, but they're good.
Hmm... Roy has a important issue... His main utility that isn't Seize Command, is only be a dodge tank (Decent Speed and High Luck in Axe Land) or an pseudo-tank, the 4 Lords that are in the "glassy" trait have some special utility (Celica is a Monster Destroyer, Micaiah can one-shot tanks and the promotion gives her a High Base Staff Rank, enought to use Physic, and Sothe well, he has Early-Game Usefullness), but Lyndis... a little bit funny because she is the most loved of the 4 xDU

She literally only has High Speed and a Super Rapier (because has More Critic, and more everything)... When the Mani Katti uses end... Lyn's Utility End... And this even more limited than Thani's or other Rapier's uses.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
She literally only has High Speed and a Super Rapier (because has More Critic, and more everything)... When the Mani Katti uses end... Lyn's Utility End... And this even more limited than Thani's or other Rapier's uses.
she also doesn't wear pants
1687236.jpg
for some reason that's makes you more popular, if you don't get arrested of course

It honestly is like my replacement for new FE games at the time being
Don't worry fam I'll help you get thew word out

So true i legit completed National Dex in HG in 241:11 but not including the time i spent in all the other games. HGSS is GOAT and then x y and ORAS.........
yes

Hmm... Roy has a important issue... His main utility that isn't Seize Command, is only be a dodge tank (Decent Speed and High Luck in Axe Land) or an pseudo-tank, the 4 Lords that are in the "glassy" trait have some special utility (Celica is a Monster Destroyer, Micaiah can one-shot tanks and the promotion gives her a High Base Staff Rank, enought to use Physic, and Sothe well, he has Early-Game Usefullness), but Lyndis... a little bit funny because she is the most loved of the 4 xDU

yeah, I might be writing off their niches too quickly

though I did say they have their strengths/niches

I think they're too gimmicky and play too much on extremes while Roy/Eirika are more consistent and overall better from start to finish

I wish Micaiah had a better SPD cap and growth and was better with capped stats from BEXP, Lyn exchanged a bit of her growths for STR/DEF, Celica grew more as a threat with levels than she already does, and that Sothe wasn't underwhelming once the upper ends of part 1 and the rest of the game hit

at least Lyn's a good robes/ring candidate if I feel like pouring 40 minutes to an hour into her mode, which helps with the issues I have with her.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Don't worry fam I'll help you get thew word out

yes

yeah, I might be writing off their niches too quickly

though I did say they have their strengths/niches

I think they're too gimmicky and play too much on extremes while Roy/Eirika are more consistent and overall better from start to finish

I wish Micaiah had a better SPD cap and growth and was better with capped stats from BEXP, Lyn exchanged a bit of her growths for STR/DEF, Celica grew more as a threat with levels than she already does, and that Sothe wasn't underwhelming once the upper ends of part 1 and the rest of the game hit

at least Lyn's a good robes/ring candidate if I feel like pouring 40 minutes to an hour into her mode, which helps with the issues I have with her.
Yeah, she could give some of her 90 Res and 90 Luck growths to Speed. The Micaiah Speed's Cap is a general Magician Issue in Radiant Dawn... In fact... Unless you count Spoiler-Overpowered Magician, Micaiah has the best speed cap.

First Class Change

Fire Sage and Light Sage (Micaiah Second Tier): 25 Speed
Thunder Sage and Dark Sage: 24 Speed
Wind Sage and Bishop: 23 Speed

Second Class Change

Light Priestess (Micaiah Third Tier): 33 Speed
Fire Archsage and Wind Archsage: 32 Speed
Dark Archsage and Laura (Female Saint): 31 Speed
Thunder Archsage and Saint (Male): 30 Speed

Spoiler-Overpowered Magician Class: 40 Speed (freaking Sanic speed)

And yeah, this one of the few games in the series where use Cavaliers/Paladins in the late-game isn't exactly a good idea... Unlike Path of Radiance xDU

But otherwise I agree :p

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
For those who don't know, Nintendo's hosting an official Fates character poll. Even though it's in Japanese, you can still vote for your fave male and female character (one vote per day). I wouldn't be surprised if the results from this poll will be used to decide who gets fanservice DLC. Results will obviously be rigged lol, but I still think it's worth voting...

Poll (character spoilers??): https://secure2.nintendo.co.jp/fe-if/questionary/entry.cgi

Troykv

Smash Master
For those who don't know, Nintendo's hosting an official Fates character poll. Even though it's in Japanese, you can still vote for your fave male and female character (one vote per day). I wouldn't be surprised if the results from this poll will be used to decide who gets fanservice DLC. Results will obviously be rigged lol, but I still think it's worth voting...

Poll (character spoilers??): https://secure2.nintendo.co.jp/fe-if/questionary/entry.cgi
Mmm... At least they could try to use lesser characters? Unlike Awakening, the main characters already had all the popularity (We have 10 Mains characters, that is already more than Awakening's Winners).

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Mmm... At least they could try to use lesser characters? Unlike Awakening, the main characters already had all the popularity (We have 10 Mains characters, that is already more than Awakening's Winners).
nah their polls are always massive, binding blade had a poll for 80 characters so everyone could tell us how much they love orphans
6634987.jpg

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
That Roy montage is so epic that it spontaneously got removed from the space-time continuum!

Also, saw this cosplay pic and I couldn't stop laughing:

(I wish I could find a bigger picture, but when I clicked on the page it seemed to be deleted)

Hey guys. I wanted to spread the word on an absolutely amazing RPG I got into recently called Undertale.

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but there's ways to see if it is before purchase.

If you like any of the Mother games, then I'm pretty sure you'll automatically like it.

Me rambling:
If you dig the idea of an RPG where you can be completely peaceful and never need to kill (or even avoid attacking entirely until the final two bosses) where the difficulty lies throughout the whole journey and coming up with ways to calm each foe, or if you want to become a one-child genocide crusade through the world of monsters, eventually being too powerful for everything save for two superbosses (if you get true Genocide, delete your save after the boss who you can finally hit after their exhaustion because there's one permanent implication for completion, since the game has separate saves for separate occasions even if you choose not to manually save), or anything in-between with different goodies and outcomes, even down to who rules the Underworld and its future, based on who you kill and who you spare, it may be your cup of tea.

If you like the idea of an RPG with quirky humor spread throughout the adventure and a lot of thought put into the setting and each individual character, it may be worth checking out.

The combat is bullet hell when you're on the defensive, where you maneuver your soul around each enemy's unique attacks. Every enemy and boss has their own attacks and interactions with the battlefield based on themselves. Even group encounters interact in neat ways of their own, creating new enemy attacks. For dealing damage, it's a timing-based bar where you try to land moving bars in a lane, and you deal more damage near the middle. For sparing enemies, you have to test different actions and speech options through "ACT" as well as Spare/Flee until the final two bosses.

Enough of me rambling, here's a free demo to try a good chunk of the game itself and see if you like it:
http://undertale.com/demo.htm

I hope I get at least one person here into the game. If not, at least I was able to ramble on about it and get passionate about it. It's easily my favorite game this year and I hope to see it succeed more in the future. Especially if it means a later patch for a full Hard Mode so I can experience this gem more:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Hey guys. I wanted to spread the word on an absolutely amazing RPG I got into recently called Undertale.

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but there's ways to see if it is before purchase.

If you like any of the Mother games, then I'm pretty sure you'll automatically like it.

Me rambling:
If you dig the idea of an RPG where you can be completely peaceful and never need to kill (or even avoid attacking entirely until the final two bosses) where the difficulty lies throughout the whole journey and coming up with ways to calm each foe, or if you want to become a one-child genocide crusade through the world of monsters, eventually being too powerful for everything save for two superbosses (if you get true Genocide, delete your save after the boss who you can finally hit after their exhaustion because there's one permanent implication for completion, since the game has separate saves for separate occasions even if you choose not to manually save), or anything in-between with different goodies and outcomes, even down to who rules the Underworld and its future, based on who you kill and who you spare, it may be your cup of tea.

If you like the idea of an RPG with quirky humor spread throughout the adventure and a lot of thought put into the setting and each individual character, it may be worth checking out.

The combat is bullet hell when you're on the defensive, where you maneuver your soul around each enemy's unique attacks. Every enemy and boss has their own attacks and interactions with the battlefield based on themselves. Even group encounters interact in neat ways of their own, creating new enemy attacks. For dealing damage, it's a timing-based bar where you try to land moving bars in a lane, and you deal more damage near the middle. For sparing enemies, you have to test different actions and speech options through "ACT" as well as Spare/Flee until the final two bosses.

Enough of me rambling, here's a free demo to try a good chunk of the game itself and see if you like it:
http://undertale.com/demo.htm

I hope I get at least one person here into the game. If not, at least I was able to ramble on about it and get passionate about it. It's easily my favorite game this year and I hope to see it succeed more in the future. Especially if it means a later patch for a full Hard Mode so I can experience this gem more:

I'VE JUST HEARD OF THAT GAME A WHILE AGO AND OMG I love it! I watched the ending today and ughhh I wanna play it so bad, but my comp is acting up. The music is amazing too. I'm addicted to Napstiblook's theme and Mettaton's Hotel theme haha.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'VE JUST HEARD OF THAT GAME A WHILE AGO AND OMG I love it! I watched the ending today and ughhh I wanna play it so bad, but my comp is acting up. The music is amazing too. I'm addicted to Napstiblook's theme and Mettaton's Hotel theme haha.
computer is acting up? how so, the game is practically 8 bit

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
computer is acting up? how so, the game is practically 8 bit
Virus problems. Websites aside from Google don't load properly anymore. Just in case you're wondering, I'm on mobile atm.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Virus problems. Websites aside from Google don't load properly anymore. Just in case you're wondering, I'm on mobile atm.
I'm deeply sorry
my long distant acquaintance
I wish I could help
~Haiku, by crow​
you_are_very_kind____by_aquanut-d6wi9xk.jpg

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Another reason why I don't use computers anymore. Now I use only my iPad.
To be fair, I'm an artist. I have to use the computer to draw, because drawing on an iPad is frustrating and inconvenient. Other than that though, I agree with you. Not as many people use Apple devices so less viruses are made for the system.

There's not just THE ending, there's many treats depending on how you go about it.

So far I have the imperfect pacifist and perfect pacifist endings, and I've looked up genocide differences since I'm unsure if I want to play that route.

There's far too many different results in mixed based on who you kill for me to do a mixed run, so I might see if there's a differences video later like there is for genocide to avoid doing a bunch of runs.

^dis is what I mean

I love both of those themes, these are my favorites:

you saw this one coming, I figured I'd get it out of the way

These two in particular make me think of what an MMBN7 would have (battle network is my favorite series)
Town or sentimental/heroic/love/ending moment theme:

Virus, boss, alternate boss, etc. theme:
It gives me a 6 vibe, so it could very well be a true 7 theme.

The reason I don't have viruses on my computer like you fools is because I know virus busting like none other.

yes
yesssss$$$$

not sure which one I like more, it makes sense with dummies being inhabited by ghosts.

The only time I'll ever like a girl who smells like fish, one of my favorite fights and characters

the piano solo is fire

You've earned this one.

^gives me a strong Paper Mario vibe

=D

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Another reason why I don't use computers anymore. Now I use only my iPad.
B-but... it's easier to make viruses or undetected programs for phones, than for PC.
Mac and Linux based systems being the exception. So you're doing fine. (Ubuntuphone, Iphone/pad os, ect...)

But honestly, I never got how people can get so many viruses. I've only had once a problem, where I had to directly go into several layers of my PC to remove a certain virus, but otherwise I never got into trouble. Just how did you got them, Lady Kuki Lady Kuki ?

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
B-but... it's easier to make viruses or undetected programs for phones, than for PC.
Mac and Linux based systems being the exception. So you're doing fine. (Ubuntuphone, Iphone/pad os, ect...)

But honestly, I never got how people can get so many viruses. I've only had once a problem, where I had to directly go into several layers of my PC to remove a certain virus, but otherwise I never got into trouble. Just how did you got them, Lady Kuki Lady Kuki ?
It's weird, I'm not the type to usually get viruses either. I use Ad block. I think I get viruses because I go on DA, which is a pretty virus heavy website from what I've heard. I also think my computer has been infected by other viruses from a few years ago, back when I was a bit more gullible and would click/download stuff. The viruses might have blown up since then. Luckily, I no longer do stuff like that, but I couldn't find a way to get all of them off my computer, so they stayed.

The virus that probably jacked up my computer was one that I got a month or two ago. DeviantART was getting a service maintenance, and upon visiting the website, I got an unskippable fake Comcast ad. After that happened, pretty much every website failed to load except for Google search. I was even able to log onto my gmail account, but I couldn't make another tab, or go on another website without the computer taking ages to load. Eh, I'm not a huge computer person, so I'm the type who'd be susceptible to virus attacks unfortunately. :c

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
That Roy montage is so epic that it spontaneously got removed from the space-time continuum!

Also, saw this cosplay pic and I couldn't stop laughing:

(I wish I could find a bigger picture, but when I clicked on the page it seemed to be deleted)
I was actually searching for pictures of cosplay of the Sm4sh Roy design and couldn't find any. It's nice to see that it actually exists!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't know how's that possible...but then again, I've never had a phone before I got my iPhone a few years back.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
It's weird, I'm not the type to usually get viruses either. I use Ad block. I think I get viruses because I go on DA, which is a pretty virus heavy website from what I've heard. I also think my computer has been infected by other viruses from a few years ago, back when I was a bit more gullible and would click/download stuff. The viruses might have blown up since then. Luckily, I no longer do stuff like that, but I couldn't find a way to get all of them off my computer, so they stayed.

The virus that probably jacked up my computer was one that I got a month or two ago. DeviantART was getting a service maintenance, and upon visiting the website, I got an unskippable fake Comcast ad. After that happened, pretty much every website failed to load except for Google search. I was even able to log onto my gmail account, but I couldn't make another tab, or go on another website without the computer taking ages to load. Eh, I'm not a huge computer person, so I'm the type who'd be susceptible to virus attacks unfortunately. :c
the only really stupid part is that not all antivirus is equally good
you're practically stabbing yourself in the knees by using Mcafee
On top of that you want antimalware, no more like need at this point. It's rather exhausting, wish I just had a linux operating system, but then I wouldn't have half as many games ;_;

also some that by description sounds like it's malware installed onto you operating system. You could go to control panel and try to uninstall crap that's not supposed to be there or getting an antimalware

Get avast antivirus's trial somehow and it should do the trick if you can still load webpages period

I don't remember jack about fixing computers but wiping the hard drive 100% after making a disc from scratch that'll let you start over with whatever operating system and then using it after the wipe might help if the above doesn't work

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
i just want to give a quick PSA. Please DO NOT buy a Roxio game Cap... it doesnt really work even after getting it prefectly set up. no compatibility with OBS and it is a waste of 99$ even though i got mine on sale for 45. That is really it. it is so frustrating im trying to get a refund since im in the 30 day money back guarantee still.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I don't know how's that possible...but then again, I've never had a phone before I got my iPhone a few years back.
How that's possible? You know... you write a virus, and let it spread over the web.
You can get viruses without visiting certain websites, just being connected to the web is enough. To be fair, they have to target you in specific for that tho, so it happens pretty much none of the time.

Thing with phones is tho, that they can get super easily infected. Not with noisy annoying viruses, because why would someone do that? With silent, tracking type viruses, collecting data, ect ect. You know the drill.

As I -could- make avirus for Mac aswell, but honestly, who would bother making something like that. Same for Linux based systems. There are so many Linux based systems, heck, even android uses a linux kernel, ps3 uses linux aswell! So it is complicated to write one that works for every version. And it would get outdated pretty quick too.
You can write viruses or maleware for -any- os if you choose to do so. Windows is just the most profitable, since it's the most "standarised" and most common one.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How that's possible? You know... you write a virus, and let it spread over the web.
You can get viruses without visiting certain websites, just being connected to the web is enough. To be fair, they have to target you in specific for that tho, so it happens pretty much none of the time.

Thing with phones is tho, that they can get super easily infected. Not with noisy annoying viruses, because why would someone do that? With silent, tracking type viruses, collecting data, ect ect. You know the drill.

As I -could- make avirus for Mac aswell, but honestly, who would bother making something like that. Same for Linux based systems. There are so many Linux based systems, heck, even android uses a linux kernel, ps3 uses linux aswell! So it is complicated to write one that works for every version. And it would get outdated pretty quick too.
You can write viruses or maleware for -any- os if you choose to do so. Windows is just the most profitable, since it's the most "standarised" and most common one.
Unless you have hacking experience, that is, and then plant a virus to spread all over the World Wide Web, as far as I know.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Unless you have hacking experience, that is, and then plant a virus to spread all over the World Wide Web, as far as I know.
virus' are technically hacking specially if they are retrieving your information, but really what you need to know is there is two types of hacking
  1. ones that are caused on the user end (fake adds and things that try to trick you into downloading them)
  2. ones that are entirely on the hackers end (incredibly time consuming (something like months) to set up because you need to find exploits in programs or web sites)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
virus' are technically hacking specially if they are retrieving your information, but really what you need to know is there is two types of hacking
  1. ones that are caused on the user end (fake adds and things that try to trick you into downloading them)
  2. ones that are entirely on the hackers end (incredibly time consuming (something like months) to set up because you need to find exploits in programs or web sites)
Not that time consuming. I mean, at servers? Yes. But at other end users, you were even able just by the knowledge that they used skype able to do some... "stuff".
And yes Tino Tino , I am a programmer, with basic knowledge of networking. From iso/osi, to bpdu guard, to the common encryption methods... which isn't that much looking at it in retrospekt.

Anyways, could we get back to actually talking about roy? I do certainly like how he stands currently, just wish neutral+B had better hitboxes...
Any new achievments lately? Found a shieldbreaking combo, thanks to shieldstun?

Last edited:
Top Bottom