• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy FAQ v1.01 *PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING* *UPDATED 7/31/06*

NG7

Smash Lord
I should make a thread: "How to beat marth with roy - finally a winning strategy!" and inside: Be as good as Neo. What do you think the responses would be like? :)

Imagine Neo (Marth) vs Neo (Roy).

Sgt. Conan

Smash Journeyman
NG7 said:
I should make a thread: "How to beat marth with roy - finally a winning strategy!" and inside: Be as good as Neo. What do you think the responses would be like? :)

Imagine Neo (Marth) vs Neo (Roy).
Everyone would prolly agree, or flame you. Heck, give it a shot.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Sgt. Conan said:
Roy does not get ***** by Marth. Roy CAN win the fight.
...Neo's Roy picks apart Husbands Marth...
So if Marth > Roy.
Then Husband should have easily won.
foxandfalco said:
Neo has much more skill than Husband. I mean, it's not just the characters, but also the players themselves. Azen's Pichu beat Dave's Falco, pichu > falco?...no. Azen is just far better than Dave skill wise.
...Search Ken vs Neo on youtube. The gap of skill between Ken and Neo is much smaller than the gap between Husband and Neo. Look at the outcome of that match...
lol, deja vu anyone?

Sgt. Conan said:
But people act like it is seriously impossible for a Roy to beat a Marth, altough it requires a lot of skill, it can be done.
Heheh, yeah, it definately can be done. But good luck having more skill than a pro marth player, like Ken, or....um....eh, i can't think of any other really good marth players right now...

stewie91

Smash Apprentice
You forgot Ken and [sarcasm] half of the whole friggin' world [/sarcasm].

I was readin on the last page or 2...did 5150 get banned? If so he had it coming lol. over 1000 posts of flaming and calling people n00bs. Most of his posts were negative BS, Except for this thread, it has some truth.

Roew

Smash Apprentice
lol dude, all he said basically is that roy sucks and marth is better, over half the community knows this already so it was basically just spam anyway. I still have a ton to learn about this game but even I know who's good and who isn't. I didn't expect him to get banned honestly because I thought for some reason people actually liked this *******. And enjoy the ban while it lasts because it's only temporary.

Drosumn

Smash Cadet
You know what? Everyone in this thread can disregard my former post.

This is childish. "My character is better than your character!" "Nu-uh" "Yuh-huh!"

So. There was someone who posted the philosophy as the character being your tool. A carpenter with a hammer is much better than an accountent with a hammer.

Thus, I am out.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ZMan said:
**** I forgot about the Caveman, PC Chris, and Azen. All have sweet Marths as well.
yes, they have good marths, but out of all of those the only "pro marth" is Azen.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
Why are we talking about pro Marths? Husband is a pro Marth, not debatable. PC's Marth is beast, and I don't know about Caveman.

5150 told me to post this, since he believes it is necessary to post such things now since his forum is getting out of control:
Sgt Conan, if you think husband isn't a pro marth, then you are probably the worst player ever and i would like to mm you (any matchup you want) if you are going to fc6, which you probably aren't cuz your mom wont let you. And Stewie, apparently 1000 posts of flaming wasn't enough to curb the massive wave of *********** called the "Roy Forums", so i will continue to correct people, like you, of their ways. Thank you that is all.

Roew

Smash Apprentice
Lord Knight said:
Why are we talking about pro Marths? Husband is a pro Marth, not debatable. PC's Marth is beast, and I don't know about Caveman.

5150 told me to post this, since he believes it is necessary to post such things now since his forum is getting out of control:
I see he's still running his mouth, talking **** as if what he says is law. His forums? Sorry, no these aren't his forums. That's another reason why he got his *** banned. He doesn't own **** here and never will, end of story. If you haven't noticed, even though he may spout truth in some of his sayings about .000000000001 of the time, no wants to listen to an egotistical, judgemental buttwench elitest know-it-all so its mostly in vein most of the time. Hell, I read like 1 sentence of his post and then I'm done because I know it's going to be litered with spam and insults.

Roew

Smash Apprentice
foxandfalco said:
"judgemental buttwench elitest"
im just asking, are you 5 Roew?
You have to be in order to even begin to lower yourself down to 5150's level.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Roew said:
You have to be in order to even begin to lower yourself down to 5150's level.
Oh, ok, so 5150 is a child, right? Why would a grown man take his insults so seriously?

Sgt. Conan

Smash Journeyman
To 5150: I never said Husband wasn't a pro with Marth, you just assumed it, but you assumed right. I'd gladly play a mm with you. I need to find a ride to FC, and the remark about my mom not letting me go? I'm 18 and I live on my own..........***.

Roew

Smash Apprentice
foxandfalco said:
Oh, ok, so 5150 is a child, right? Why would a grown man take his insults so seriously?
I don't even talk to the guy so I wouldn't know.

Banned via Administration
Sgt. Conan said:
To 5150: I never said Husband wasn't a pro with Marth, you just assumed it, but you assumed right. I'd gladly play a mm with you. I need to find a ride to FC, and the remark about my mom not letting me go? I'm 18 and I live on my own..........***.
No you clearly did say that you thought Husband wasn't a pro marth.

Very debateable.
I will mm you ANY amount you want at fc6. $20? you got it. $30? you got it.

IcEdUp414

Smash Journeyman
Im just gonna say ONE thing. Saying someone is a pro is an opinion of a person. Somebody who claims one person is a "pro"Is just stating their opinion on saying a person is good. Yes I think Husband has a pro Marth but thats my opinion. A pro to one person might not be a pro to another.

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
IcEdUp414 said:
Im just gonna say ONE thing. Saying someone is a pro is an opinion of a person. Somebody who claims one person is a "pro"Is just stating their opinion on saying a person is good. Yes I think Husband has a pro Marth but thats my opinion. A pro to one person might not be a pro to another.
Thats not true at all. Pro is an abbrieviation of Professional which is someone who does whatever it is that they are a Pro in for money. Anyone who doesn't do it for moeny is an amature which has somehow gotten a negitive conotation these days. A pro is not a matter of opinion it is a true or false kind of thing.

Roew

Smash Apprentice
You can also say that it is an opinion that Ken is garbage and just gets lucky. Or its just an opinion that Marth is better than roy. But someone can have an opinion saying that Roy is better than Marth. Or that it's an opinion that Fox is overrated. Using the word "opinion" in an argument is flawed in so many ways.

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
IcEdUp414 said:
"

Are you absolutely sure your correct?
My bad, I was using the most common definition and I overlooked other uses. My apoligizes.

Banned via Administration
IcEdUp414 said:
"

Are you absolutely sure your correct?
yes he is correct because it's the FUNCTIONAL DEFINITION, not the literal definition. husband is a pro.

i would still be considered an amateur, even though i compete for the same money that the pros compete for, because i have no hope of winning that money, so whenever i enter a tournament its just to learn/get better.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Now, I'm not one who necessarily thinks Roy sucks, but apart from that, this is the greatest FAQ I have ever read.

Sticky this sucker.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Sgt. Conan said:
It's cool to say Roy sucks, you should join in Dark Ness.
And it's cool arguing with people who lack experience, you should join in Dark Ness.
5150 said:
Q: If I disagree with you, what should I do?

A: Before you post your anger/frustration/fury please contact an experienced smasher and ask them if any of this is wrong. (an experienced smasher is not based on post count, btw, its based on tourney experience outside of their hometown. and as a rule of thumb, they should be older than, say, 13/14.)
lolol, I never read this last part. The 3rd sentence is 2 good, I wonder if people get it (like Roew).

Top Bottom