• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy FAQ v1.01 *PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING* *UPDATED 7/31/06*

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ZMan said:
I'm not sure. Marth and Roy are either the same weight or Marth is heavier.
well, Mew2king has no life and tested it out. He said they have the same weight. Shall I remind you that he did come up with all most of the technial stats for numerous guides on smashboards. especially Cunning's fox guide.
lol, i think i'll take it from a smash nerd with no life.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
(like a 5 year old using marth vs your Roy rastaimposta). ask any pro player...[/QUOTE said:
Hahahaha, its funny you have the nerve to talk about my Roy. How old was the fox player against your roy in the video you posted? He couldnt even wavedash or DI properly. Your fox is pretty good actually, I was expecting better, its easy to win against a noob smasher. I do hope you come out with some new vids of you playing against better people. I havent seen your falco, I dont play falco, so I dont normally download videos with characters I dont play unless they are pros. I have actually heard that masashi was the best roy player as well as Neo, too bad I dont have many vids of them. I

Marth and Roy have the same weight, Roy just falls faster.

Banned via Administration
Yes I can say that, because i've seen some things that he posts. If he is as stupid in rl as he is on the forums, then he must have a horrible roy.

(and you can't post anymore because you have 1,337 posts, so i win by default)

EDIT: you effed it up, lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
RastaImposta said:
Hahahaha, its funny you have the nerve to talk about my Roy.
i meant that you would completely **** a 5 year old since you have way more skill....like how neo would **** husband since he has way more skill lol
i guess you can use my vid as an example too since doc and sheik should do well on fox however i ***** my oppenent because i was just plain way better than him lol (he can wavedash by the way)
i didnt me to insult your roy if i did! seriously though!!! sorry

RastaImposta said:
I have actually heard that masashi was the best roy player as well as Neo, too bad I dont have many vids of them.
masahi quit awhile ago, i guess neo is automaticaly the best now.

ZMan said:
Anyway, you post like an **** moron and be a god at the game. Actions speak louder than words.
He does make money matches to back up way he says though lol
oh, and he doesnt post like a moron, the people who post "roy is better than marth, roy is realy good, fire owns" and what not are the morons.

Gray

Smash Journeyman
ZMan said:
Theren was an imposter ZMan!
Whatever gave you that idea?
I don't really find your opinions that credible anyway, mr. one hit combo. If you want to find out how good 5150 is, there are some WHITE 3 vids coming out.

stewie91

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that link in the first post is right. IIRC, Roy's Dtilt does 12 damage sweetspotted and some other moves do more damage. I think that the information was recorded using Marth's sweetspot. But I might be wrong. Can someone check this and confirm?

But still, Roy does suck, at least compared to Marth. And he DOES get *****. Bad. Have you people seen the NEO vs. Ken match? NEO got *****, bad.

My roy is pretty **** in that crew battle, lol. Only good thing i did was the uair>uair>fsmash combo.

Gray

Smash Journeyman
5150 said:
My roy is pretty **** in that crew battle, lol. Only good thing i did was the uair>uair>fsmash combo.
That's better than Zman's combo. XD

LOL, true. Wtf was it again, fair fair fair fair? If that's it expect me to release a vid some time in the future, near or far, with me doing that screaming "ZMAN COMBO OMFG"

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
5150 said:
LOL, true. Wtf was it again, fair fair fair fair? If that's it expect me to release a vid some time in the future, near or far, with me doing that screaming "ZMAN COMBO OMFG"
I'd like to see that lol. It'd be funny as ****.

And for the record, Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Square Enix sucks it's nothing but a bunch of emo kids running aroud trying to be cool and tghey aren't and have really bad clothing and **** the bad gkuys arw like 1 4|\/| 3\/1|_ and aren't cool and ovwerrated just like DBZ which also suck *** *** * *** ***** **** **** **** ** ** ** * *

Sorry, I needed to vent my anger

Gray

Smash Journeyman
ZMan said:
And for the record, Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Square Enix sucks
I'm guessing that's a reference to my avatar? Don't talk bad about Final fantasy or Cait Sith will eat your soul. :evil: Overrated? It is one of the best series IMO. Maybe Speaking of Marth/Roy training, maybe I can teach you one of the legendary two hit comboes. Now, I know you're probably think 'OMFG 2 hit comboez does not exxist0rz!" Well, they do. And I will share one with you.
Dthrow to knee. Roy can't do knees? Well apparently he can, as anything is possible in Zman's world. COUGHONEHIT"COMBOES"COUGH

On a more serious note, learn dtilt/grab comboes or SOMETHING. Otherwise you are a roy w/out skillzz.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Really I had no idea were your avatar came from, I thought it was some cat-potato game. lol

Roy has something like a knee, the fsmash. So dthrow to fsmash is a good combo Or fair to dthrow to fsmash. Experiement!

Nexis

Smash Apprentice
you guys are ****ing ********.

Stop bashing that one dude zman. If you are to, do so by pming him.

I dont want something like this to get locked up from stupid flaming posts.

lol, once again, i'm not just pulling this out of my ***. Neo has said, ON THIS FORUM IN PARTICULAR, that marth owns roy.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
neo always says marth ***** roy.

here's a neo quote from the DC++ hub:

<NEO> marth eats roy
<NEO> lol roy sucks
<NEO> he has lik
<NEO> 4 moves
thanks KAIYO, but we have already said that crap to Neo and he knows it's true. it's just that Neo himself has too much skill. azen beat dave pichu vs falco, u know why? cause azen just has better skill then dave unless you'll say pichu is good vs falco.
neo is just to good of a player, he has alot of skill. ken is at his level...and he cant beat ken's his marth...so that's what matters.
EVERY pro player argees roy sucks vs marth. neo is the ONLY one who can beat marths, not only that, it's just because of his great SKILL.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ZMan said:
Just to confirm this, NEO actually said that, so they aren't pulling out of there lue or anything...
are you kidding me? go to DC++ and talk to him about roy. EVERY time i talk about his great roy, he tells me "stfu, roy sucks, he has 4 moves." HE ALWAYS RAGS ON ROY, FTW, you dont kno anything.
ask anyone who is actively on DC++ and talks to NEO like mew2king, pc, adam, drew, blah

have u even spoken to NEO? not like it's a privalige or anything, it's just that you're making it seem that NEO thinks highly of roy despite the fact he thinks roy is trash.
En.Ee.Oh said:
does anyone not realize that this thread was a hoax from the beginning? i did beat ken, but obviously roy does -not- counter marth and instead gets countered... christ @ no one sensng even a hint of...
En.Ee.Oh said:
roy doesnt have many combos, and the ones he does have you'll rarely pull off
roy tip number 5: don't use him because no matter how hard you try NEO's will be better...
search for En.Ee.Oh posts in the roy forum. he flames almost everyone. he's like 5150. some who uses roy but knows he isnt a good character. however, NEO is amazingly skilled. it's gay how people rag on 5150 instead of taking the time to learn something important....roy sucks.

although everything you said was right NJ, i hate to say that you totally misinterpreted zman's post. he was agreeing w/ us, lol.

stewie91

Smash Apprentice
This is my comparison of Marth and Roy. I read the one on GameFAQ’s and it didn’t seem right. Then I tested it myself and found out that I was right. Those stats weren’t recorded using Roy’s exact sweetspot. If you don’t believe me test it out yourself until you find a way to make it stronger than the one on GameFAQ’s said it was. Most of them can be proven to be stronger than portrayed in the other list. The first part of this is damage, the second part is detailing whether the weaker attacks could be better. And before you make assumptions that I think that Roy is better, read the whole thing.

A-Attacks on Ground

A
Marth: 6%
Roy: 6%

Tie (Though Marth’s could be better because it is faster and has a continuous combo).

Forward Tilt
Marth: 13%
Roy: 12%

Marth wins.

Down Tilt
Marth: 10%

Roy wins.

Up Tilt
Marth: 12%
Roy: 8%

Marth wins.

Dash Attack
Marth: 12%

Tie.

Who has stronger A moves?
Marth: 2
Roy: 1

B-Attacks

B
Marth: 7% Uncharged, 29% Charged
Roy: 6% Uncharged, 50 % Charged

Roy wins.

Forward B
Marth: 27% Max (I think, it’s pretty hard to check)
Roy: 33% Max (same reason as above, I used >>vv)

Roy wins.

Down B
Marth: 7%
Roy: 1.5x enemy attack

Roy wins (probably, unless it's a super weak attack).

Up B
Roy: 13%

Tie (Roy’s could be considered better because of the ability to “Arch the Blazer” to make it go 1/3 of FD, but Marth’s could be considered better because it is only one hit and is safer).

Who has stronger B moves?
Marth:0
Roy: 3

Aerials

Neutral Aerial
Roy: 11%

Marth wins.

Forward Aerial
Roy: 9%

Marth wins.

Back Aerial

Marth wins.

Up Aerial

Marth wins.

Down Aerial

Marth wins.

Who has stronger aerials?
Marth: 5
Roy: 0

Throws

Grab Attack
Marth: 3%
Roy: 3%

Tie.

Forward Throw
Marth: 4%
Roy: 5%

Roy wins.

Back Throw

Roy wins.

Down Throw
Marth: 5%
Roy: 6%

Roy wins.

Up Throw

Roy wins.

Who has stronger throws?
Marth: 0
Roy: 4

Smashes

Forward Smash
Marth: 20% Uncharged, 27% Charged
Roy: 20% Uncharged, 27% Charged

Tie (I personally think Roy’s is better because it is easier to hit people that are on the stage with this, and not on a platform. For edge-guarding Marth’s is better, it’s also better at hitting people on platforms for tippers).

Down Smash
Marth: 16% Uncharged, 21% Charged
Roy: 21% Uncharged, 28% Charged

Roy wins.

Up Smash
Marth: 18% Uncharged, 24% Charged
Roy: 16% Uncharged, 24% Charged

Marth wins (only because of more damage uncharged and the near impossibility of getting all 6 hits in for Roy)

Who has stronger smashes?
Marth: 1
Roy: 1

Who has stronger moves overall?
Marth: 8
Roy: 9

Well, will you look at that? Roy IS stronger than Marth. I know I am going get flamed for this with posts like “Z0MG n0 wayz0rz Marf r0x0rz R0y’s s0x0rz” or something like that. And even though that’s noobish it's right. He still gets *****. Hard. But I recorded these after hours of Training Mode. The only reason I did this was becase I didn't think the other list was right, and I had quite frequently noticed some of Roy's moves doing 2% or more damage than that other list said they would.

The reason Roy still gets ***** is because his moves are slow and have more windown lag than Marth’s. Marth counters him well. He can use Up-Tilt or Up Throw to get Roy in the air and then combo him with his powerful aerials, then edge-guard him to death. Some of Roy’s moves have more power, but Marth’s could be better because of the speed. The throws are a good example, as Roy can’t chain-grab as well as Marth. Also there is the Down Smash, in which Marth has less lag. There are some others too, but the fact is, if you did the research properly you would find that Roy is stronger but Marth is almost as strong and is faster. As for the aerials, Roy has NOTHING here. They’re not faster, and they are weak and have virtually no knock-back.

Here are some irrelevant differences:

Taunting – Marth’s is shorter, Roy’s is cooler.
Wavedash – Marth’s is longer.
Weight – They are the same weight.
Falling Speed – Roy falls faster.
Speed – Marth is faster.
Strength – Roy is stronger.
Appearance – Roy is way cooler looking, Marth looks like he’s gender confused.
Recovery – About even, even though Roy falls faster, he can arch the blazer to give himself more horizontal distance. Unfortunately, this doesn’t help vertical recovery. While Marth falls slower, Dolphin Slash is mostly vertical. Though he can use more Forward B’s than Roy to gain horizontal distance.
Winningness (is that a word??) – Marth is easier to win with because you do not need as many mind games as Roy.
Position on Tier List – Marth is 3rd, Roy is 15th.
Spikes/Meteor Smashes – Marth has 1 Spike and 1 Meteor Smash, Roy has 1 really bad Spike and 2 Meteor Smashes.
Sweetspot – Marth’s is at the tip, Roy’s is at the center.
n00b magnetism – Roy is a semi n00b magnet, but Marth is one of the biggest n00b magnets ever.
Knockback – Marth has more knockback at his tip than Roy has at his centre, though I find Marth's tip harder to hit with.

Now for the final question…

Q: Who is better, Marth or Roy?

A: Marth wins this competition because of his godly aerials, great chain grabbing, deadly edge-guarding and fairly powerful ground moves.

And please, if you have opinions, post them, but don’t flame me. I put hours into this and if you want to test it go ahead. The only one I was unsure of was Forward B (DED/DB) but with both I used >>vv. If someone can correct me on this it might be a tie. Maybe make a video or something.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
stewie91 said:
F&F, do you have a link to the Azen(pichu) vs. Dave(falco) match? I would love to see that.
it was an unrecorded friendly...who would want to record a pichu friendly match...,how many of those have u seen recorded by pro players? i dont even think youtube was a website at the time, i found out about it aboiut a year ago and it could of even happened later than that. anyways, why not ask azen or dave himself? or pc chris or mew2king or zanguzen if it happened, that is, if u dont believe it did.

seriously, why do u we need vids wen we can just ask the players themselves. doesnt anyone realize how many matches arent recorded? plus, azen is a low tier god...dave isnt that good anymore....yea....

then again, it doesnt matter if you dont believe me or not. who are you?

EDIT: ignore this post, im a noob!

Top Bottom