• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rotation, Rotation: The Circle of Smash

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
Frickin' awesome. I remember when I had 2 GC controllers, Melee, and 2 friends over. In the end, I watched. Watching people play video games is never that fun. O_O

Yay Sakurai!

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
this is a nice feature, im not used to using a name when playing SSBM, but i think with stuff like this and the controls ill be using a name in SSBB (5 letters helps too)

Also this just made me wanna play brawl with like 6 people simultaniously, but i guess it would get too hectic

gamer8

Smash Lord
Most of my friends don't even care about this game... what a useless mother ****ing piece of trash update... my god...

Hornsfan

Smash Rookie
Good update for today. Its these nice little features that will keep you hooked on brawl for that much longer.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When first I saw this update, I could've sworn it was gonna be a 5+ player mode. Silly me.

Also, I don't feel anything bad toward this update, but nothing good either. Rehashed game modes are meh.

Oh, and:

Rotation is limited to 16 players. Mm hmm.
Don't know why, but when I read that part I lol'd.

Fawriel

Smash Master
How can you guys actually like this update? It freaking sucks it's the worst update ever ffs.
These people like the update because they are going to USE it. The fact that YOU WON'T doesn't make it CRAP! Do you UNDERSTAND the concept behind that?

*sigh* I guess at least now I have a good example of the sort of whiner that people keep complaining about.

gamer8

Smash Lord
These people like the update because they are going to USE it. The fact that YOU WON'T doesn't make it CRAP! Do you UNDERSTAND the concept behind that?

*sigh* I guess at least now I have a good example of the sort of whiner that people keep complaining about.
All I'm complaining about is this barrage of how to play and game mode updates we keep getting...

secretcode

Smash Cadet
NNID
Secretcod
3DS FC
2337-3743-8226
Meh. I'll never use it. It's nice to know even the smallest things are updated.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This update won't have much use for me. Of course, it always helps when you have a bunch of friends around to hang out with.

I would've thought by now that people would stop complaining about the updates we're receiving. You can't expect new fighters or stages every day after all.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace

I like this update, and I liked the Widescreen update because I'm planning on using them...a lot. Gamer8, don't forget that every update has meaning towards someone out there. Except for 'You Must Recover!' of course. :laugh:

Fawriel

Smash Master
All I'm complaining about is this barrage of how to play and game mode updates we keep getting...
I can understand complaining about a minor option like widescreen that was obvious anyway, and I can understand wanting to bite yourself in the butt after a thousand updates you already saw at E4All, but this update was, for once, something new, some people are happy that it exists, and that's all it needs to keep it from being as crappy as you make it out to be.

I think I was gonna say something else, too, but I forgot what it was. Yay!

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Friends already implement a rotation system on their own. Whatever though thanks for the "useful feature".

Talk about mirco managing.

*cough cough

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
"You mean something's broken and it's not your fault?" "I know. I'm scared too!"- Invader Zim

How do these people think of this stuff, oh wait... their Japanese.
You got some sort of problem with the Japanese? HM?! DO YA!?! HUH! HUH!! HUH!!! CAUSE LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING! I'VE GOT A MIGHT OF A PROBLEM WITH YOU AND YOUR RACIAL DISCRIMINATION, BUDDY!!!!!! GO JUMP IN A LAKE!!!!!!! Now, back to raging at the people who whine and complain all the time. Might your whining have something to do with, i don't know, your lack of maturity or gratitude? Also, i never knew how to do this in Melee and i probably won't use it in Brawl, but there might be some people, if you whining b****s haven't thought of it before, who haven't played Brawl! They would be rejoicing! Oh, and would you like some cheese with your whine?

NukeA6

Smash Master
This mode won't have much use to me seeing that most people around me are more interested in Halo and racing games. I will stick to online mode. Still, it's impressive how much Sakurai is putting into this game. After all, a last game in the series has to end with a bang.

D

Deleted member

Awesome

Offtopic, but we're only four days from the starter/complete roster in CoroCoro

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
i thought it was how u could rotate the menu like in melee with the c stick
lmao. That woulda been bad :p.

I personally like this update. I didnt know such a mode existed in melee, but either way this features like this are what are going to make brawl a good polished party game. (mebbe not so much fighter =.=). Think about how frustrating it would be if you had special controls and you were in a rotation. Everyone would keep having to change their settings to get to those controls, this makes life alot easier as all of that is continuously updated. Sure, its nothing groundbreaking, but this is a really nice feature to have.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Pointless update for me, because I usually play alone, and even if there ARE more people too play with, it's never enough to actually put this sort of mode of play to work.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
The Bad:

- A rehashed game mode from Melee.
- Nothing new about the mode. Fail. They couldn't even be arsed with actually letting you add new players without starting completely over. Double fail. (upon further observation I noticed that this statement is untrue)
- The gaping fault with this game mode is that you actually need more than 4 players to get it to work. I can count on one hand how many times I had actually accomplished this with Melee; it was back in high school when I had roughly twice the friends I do now and I still only managed to scrounge up as little as 6 players. I had to force people to play to achieve this number too.

The Ugly:

- Why do they avoid showing us how you go about selecting your character? This worries me that while they went to the trouble of registering your name and control, that they did something as stupid as having you assign a static character. One of Loser Out's best features was being able to pick a handicap character when you've been in the spotlight for too long. (after putting more thought into things, I wonder if they were dodging showing the roster to avoid revealing more than they wanted to)
- No mention of the return of the Ditto wildcard. Uber Triple ****ing Fail.
WOW, relax!!! If this mode isn't for you then just chill but for some this is a nice and useful mode that you really can't complain about.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
You don't need a mode that says winner stays in everyone else leaves, you really don't. Why the winner staying in you may ask? Because not only is he the better player but when people play him they get better. Winner out is one of the most illogical things I've ever heard.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Do we really need a game mode for something like this? I mean seriously? It's not like he's mainly targetting 4 year olds who don't know how to share.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Smashers all over the world have been doing this for years.
Ugh.
I hope this takes up little/no space on that enormous disc.

Top Bottom