• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Display Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
23/05/2014

My predicted roster if we consider the sal romano's leak to be legit. Big Boss would replace Solid Snake since MGSV is coming
B=Veteran
R=Veteran Unlockable
G=Newcomer
Y=Unlockable newcomer
I admit Krystal Lucina and Prince Fluff might be stretching it though and i could see Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr. making it in

06/06/2014
Starting Roster

Full roster:

I'm expecting the newcomer icon to be a new retro character, like Mr G&W was for melee and R.O.B. was for brawl

Last edited:

bilbo43

Smash Cadet
I have two thoughts when coming to pick the roster. I think we will see anywhere between 50-56 characters including 3 separate counts for the mii fighter) for this game.

My conservative predicted roster as of 12th August 2014:

The locked symbol represents DLC's

For the sake of not taking up too much space, I'll add my reasoning for characters and predictions in the spoiler tag.

Of the unannounced returning Veterans, in order of most likely to least likely returning I would guess:

Meta Knight; Game and Watch; Wario; Ice Climbers; Jigglypuff; Ness; Ganondorf; Falco; R.O.B; Wolf; Mewtwo; Lucas; Snake; Ivysaur; Squirtle

I could easily see all characters returning with the exception of Ivysaur and Squirtle (if not including the possibility of DLC characters). Ness would be first on the list if he wasn't competing with Lucas for a returning spot, as would Jigglypuff with Mewtwo.

Of the unannounced Newcomers I only see Shulk as being a confident guess. Dixie Kong was added not because I was confident she would be included but I am confident a or multiple newcomers from either the Metroid (Ridley) or DK (K.Rool; Dixie) series would be there on that top row of the screen.

The following newcomer's likelihood's in order, given a more than speculative chance of inclusion to the game;

-Shulk: only newcomer character I give more chance than some of the likely returning veterans like Wolf, Lucas and Snake.

-Dixie Kong slightly followed by King K.Rool: Thrown in the same basket here as I cant split them that much. More than average chance of being included however they are their own biggest rivals on making the roster. Dixie has an edge purely on recent character appearances. Maybe K.Rool will serve as a stage boss.

-Chorus Men (or other RH variants): I detested the idea of these guys being included at first but the more Gematsu pushed for them (even though proven false since) the more others (including myself) saw their potential on a unique moveset
Chorus Men (50/50 imo); Isaac (unlikely but still possible)

-Ridley: Further down on the list but I have no doubts over the potential of being included the game in some way shape of form (stage boss perhaps). My thoughts are that even though he is iconic to the series, I think he would have been added by now. He has been teased enough in all smash editions, I think his inclusion would be known by now.

-Impa: Originally Ghirihim would have taken the top Zelda newcomer spot, and to be honest I would have guessed he would have been included in the game with high confidence this time last year, however recent games and just the general recurring role Impa has held in the Zelda history makes me learn more towards her inclusion than other LOZ characters. I was initially hesitant to consider her considering we already had shiek serving as that royal family protector role but I now see it as redundant seeing as though we have fire emblem characters who serve similar purposes and hold similar roles, as well as EarthBound having two different protagonists in the last game serving a similar role.

-Ghirihim: Holds relevance in the fact that he has been included in the recent Hyrule Warriors (if that holds any merit) and is in the most recent LOZ game created before the development team would have narrowed down on their completed roster. A lot of people oppose his inclusion, mainly for the rivalry with Impa or Vaati's inclusion as a newcomer.

Characters which I feel are more speculative, but still hold a small opportunity of inclusion:

Krystal (maybe next game if StarFox continues to make games);
Sceptile (too many rivals for spots, pokemon has 700+ candidates, he lies too far down the list in popularity and relevance);
Vaati (maybe next game if LOZ revisits his existence);
Bowser Jr. (lost his chance, Rosalina's spot was his opportunity);
Isaac (feel bad for the fans but he just seems more unlikely by the minute).

Hey guys, this is my roster, I go into a fair bit of explaining of my roster and who I think is a guarantee to be included/cut so this post may seem a bit long winded.

I'm basing my roster on the assumption that a series will have a maximum of 6 reps (Mario, LOZ and Pkmn) and that the roster will reach 50 characters (with a random character selection icon added to make 51 selections).
I'm also going under the assumption that Game and Watch is comfirmed. May not have come from the words of Nintendo's mouth but I dont think they can be that blatant in a trailer and still turn around and say no to his return.

Confirmed veterans will have blue borders, Confirmed newcomers receive green borders.
What i perceive as the probable unconfirmed Veterans are in red, likewise my probable unconfirmed newcomers are yellow
My selections which i feel have a potential to be cut have a purple border.
The random icon will take a narrow bottom section of the screen compared to taking a square.
Any DLC will just readjust the lineup compared to being a drop down box or taking only one square for the whole list of characters.

(Rhythm girl is representing chorus men, and the mii person is representing the fightersI haven't updated the images yet and cant be bothered for those characters)

My cuts from this roster include:

Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake and R.O.B

Wolf, R.O.B and Lucas I feel are the most likely to be dropped from the roster i have created, however i felt that Ike would have been dropped in favor of Chrom and he was confirmed today proving that everyone is still in with a chance. I give Wolf and R.O.B a 60% chance of being included however with recent evidence and the general lack of Earthbound/Mother aura for the game so far Lucas is probably around a 50%, being just as likely to be dropped as included.

All the other unconfirmed veterans I feel have a more than likely chance of returning, particularly Ness, Cpt Falcon and Jiggly due to their consistent involvement in the games, perhaps only not being announced yet to maintain their unlocked status, I am about 95% sure of these characters being included.

Ganondorf, Wario and Meta Knight I feel are going to be a included in the game as they are well established characters in their respective series and have generated enough of a fan base within the smash community to continue their use. 90% likely.

Falco I deem as more likely than the Ice Climbers but I am not as sure of their inclusion as I am with the previous list of probable veterans. Falco will only not be included if Wolf stars and there will be only 2 Star Fox series reps. Ice climbers I feel will be included still however they will probably need a bit of an overhaul to coincide with the other characters random factors being reduced. I give Falco a 80% and ice climbers a 75%.

Of the newcomers, the most obvious choices for inclusion are those within the gematsu leak, namely Chrom, Chulk and Chorus Men. There could be others but I think if they are to be included it will not be revealed until the games are released.

Of these three potential newcomers, I see their inclusion as the following:

Chrom (or at least another awakening rep) just seems logical to be included in this game. Fire Emblem Awakening was amazing, and sales proved that, and if Nintendo was to reward its best games with more exposure in its spin off titles it has to include Chrom.
Besides never playing Xenoblade, from what I have read and heard from the game, and with another game in the series coming up, I feel he is a deserved smash possibility. If other characters have been included because of only 1 game, surely Shulk matches those previous inclusions.
Chorus Men I cant really comment on too much. It seems a popular series and although I wouldn't know how they would work in the game I'm certain the creators could find a way. I would have to have someone explain their potential moveset to me. I am indifferent about their inclusion, personally I would like to have as many characters as possible, but although I dont know these characters, who knows, I may grow to like them enough to go out and buy one of their games.
These three veterans i give a 80% chance of inclusion.

Honorable mentions go to King K.Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo. If there is an increase in the roster size, the door is well and truly opened to the possibility of these 3 being included, they will be very welcome additions, but I dont see them as likely to be included. Not mentioning the high troll rate ridley fans have had to endure would not be fair, however i get this gut feel Ridley will only be a boss. King K.Rool would be in the game if he was given an opportunity to star in the recent Donkey Kong games (and if Dixie or Cranky gets added over him it actually would not surprise me). Mewtwo was unfortunate to be dropped from brawl but there is a chance that his reinclusion ship has sailed. I rate their chances at 40%.

There we have it anyway, my extensive reasoning over why a character is more likely to be included than another giving myself certain parameters and limitations.

Attachments

Last edited:

vydran212

Smash Journeyman

(Starting Roster)

(Complete Roster)

STATS:
*45 Fighters Total
*26 Starters, 19 unlocks
*12 Newcomers (Rosalina, Dixie, Ridley, Isaac, Little Mac, Chrom, Villager, WiiFit, Greninja, Palutena, Megaman, Pacman)
*6 Brawl Vets Cut (Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, ROB, Game & Watch)

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
I posted this in the Ruination thread, but that lets it be subject to change. It'll be funny to look back on these.

Ruination Roster.png

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice

45 Fighters
11 newcomers (realistc number, We probably can't hope for more than 12~13 newcomers right now)
cuts: Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, Snake.

Newcomers:

Starter roster

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Roster post rosalina Roster.png

Here is my roster, 52 characters. 35 vets, 17 newcomers.
Top left is roster, bottom left is DLC. FE slot is either Chrom and Lucina or Robin, haven't decided yet. ight is honorable mentions.

Last edited:

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
Since everyone else is doing it, here's my prediction of what the roster will look like.

Roster Prediction:

Second Roster Idea 5-16-14 Roster(5-26-14).png

Stats:

50 Characters Total
14 Newcomers
36 Veterans
4 Cuts

Thought Process on Newcomers:

• Yes, I, more or less, believe the Sal Romano leak. And I'm actually okay with it if it is true. Most of the characters leaked were characters I would have predicted anyway. However, I can't really see how a three-fighters-at-the-same-time character could possibly work, especially given the 3DS' limitations, so I'm assuming that it's either only going to be only one Chorus Kid or Marshal and the leaker was just mistaken on that detail, or perhaps they just had outdated information.
  • Not sure what to think about Ridley, but I'm leaning towards him being playable at this point (or maybe I'm just clinging to false hope lol.) It would definitely be odd for Sakurai to be intentionally vague about Ridley for months on end only to reveal him as having essentially the exact same role he had in the last game, especially considering that he's never been ambiguous about deconfirming other characters, so there's that, at least.
  • Technically not a newcomer, but with all the fan demand and with Game Freak heavily promoting him as of late, I'm having a hard time believing that Mewtwo isn't in this.
  • I think there's a good chance Snake will be replaced by Naked Snake/Big Boss, partially because of Snake Eater 3D, partially because of MGSV, and partially as in excuse to use different codec personnel, as Kojima has pretty much retired Roy Campbell's character due to the death of his Japanese VA. They may or may not still just call him Snake, though.
Thought Process on Cuts:

While it may be possible that a character or two will get cut due to time constraints, I don't think it will happen this time, as Sakurai is working with a bigger team and wants to bring back as many characters as possible. With them using Brawl as a base, I feel its very possible for them to bring back every single Brawl veteran...except for the ones that are too much for the 3DS to handle. With that being said...
  • Now that transformations are gone, Squirtle and Ivysaur are almost certainly cut.
  • And now for the most controversial part....I think the Ice Climbers are gone. And yes, I know there's Rosalina, but after watching her trailer and the direct again, I'm not so sure that her presence ensures their safety anymore. Unlike Nana, who is very literally a second fighter with its own AI that the CPU has to keep up with, the player's inputs make both Rosalina and the Luma attack at the same time, which should actually be easier to program. Aside from player inputs, the Luma seems to have a fairly simplistic AI in comparison to Nana, which seems to only consist of following Rosalina when together and hopping around in a set pattern when separated. Also, I'm not completely sure due to its simple design in general, but the Luma, at least in the 3DS version, looks much less detailed then the other fighters to me, possibly as a way to save on processing power. The fact that the game can load a Luma mid-battle without lag also suggests this, especially considering that even Brawl had lag when switching out characters.
So there's my predictions and thoughts on the roster. We'll see how much I get right.

UPDATE: 9-2-14

OK, here's my updated (and most likely last) roster.

Possibly The Real Roster 9-2-14 2 Roster.png

Basically, the leaked 48 characters plus 5 more, making an even 9x6 grid and a total of 53 characters. This is excluding the Mii Fighters, who are probably selectable from the customization toggle on the top right side of the bottom screen.

Thought Process on Added Characters:

• Wolf: Honestly not buying that he got cut. Leaker just didn't unlock him yet.
  • Lucas: Ditto, though I'm admittedly not quite as confident of his chances.
  • Mewtwo: He BETTER be in if freakin' Dr.Mario got in!
  • Newcomer: Ridley: Haven't changed my mind about him.
  • Newcomer: Dixie Kong: Personally, I WANT K.Rool, but I'm honestly expecting Dixie at this point, with her being in Tropical Freeze and planned for Brawl and all. On a side note, I don't see her ending up as a clone of Diddy. A semi-clone, maybe, but not a full-on clone like Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario.

I guess I was mostly right about the cuts before, except for the thing about Naked Snake replacing Solid. If Snake (any version) hasn't been revealed BY NOW, then he just plain isn't getting in. :(

UPDATE: 9-3-2014

OK, so I guess it wasn't my final roster. Here's my new roster.

Possibly The Real Roster 9-3-14 2 Roster.png

Basically, the same as my last roster, except that I (unfortunately) cut Lucas and replaced him with Toon Zelda. After thinking about it, I thought it would be odd for Zelda to not get any newcomers, and I believe Toon Zelda has the best chances of any Zelda character of becoming playable at this point for a number of reasons. Also, unlike my last roster, the placement of characters on this CCS make perfect sense to me with this lineup.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG

This is what I think would happen.

Takamaru is there because of Nintendo announcing that his game is coming to the eShop outside of Japan. It could be just a coincidence, but I think the timing is just too good for that.

Lloyd is there simply because of the lack of anything to make Pac-Man truly unique. Sure, he's been in a couple of games for Nintendo consoles, but they weren't anything special. Stuff that was easily forgettable. (Street Fighter X Tekken proves Pac-Man should never be in a fighting game.) Lloyd, on the other hand, was in Namco's best-selling Tales game, which was a Gamecube exclusive when it came out, and one of the few Tales games to spawn a sequel, which was a Wii exclusive. Lloyd also appeared in Soul Calibur Legends, which was a Wii exclusive.

I have a feeling Wolf is going to return, albeit with some new moves. The same for Lucas.

It's been a trend that a new Zelda character was added with each installment. Vaati is one of the last recurring Zelda characters, the only other one being Impa, whom I feel would be too similar to Sheik.

I think that no new Kirby characters would be added, despite my support for Bandanna Dee.

When it comes to Fire Emblem, it's going to be between Chrom or Robin. No doubt about it. I would prefer to see Robin simly because of one thing: the fact that he can use a Tome. That alone can add so much more to the game than what Chrom ever could.

Shulk is there due to the major success of Xenoblade Chronicles, and with X coming out, that would be perfect reasoning to add him.

CRAP! I forgot to add Ice Climbers!

Last edited:

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
Alright, roster prediction as of June 19, 2014.

The top image is my predicted roster based on the continually evolving Gematsu leaker and the latest official reveals. I have total faith in Gematsu at this point (though I won't be upset if he's fake) and believe this to be the true roster. The exact number, 47, comes from the screenshots of the character select screen at the new E3 demo; 48 spots seem to fit perfectly, and one is random. This also lines up perfectly with the Gematsu leaks, with Lucas getting the boot alongside the other PT Pokemon and poor Snake, whose chances seem slim to me.

This second image, meanwhile, is my SUPER ULTIMATE FINAL ROSTER: HYPER DREAM EDITION. It's a big one, has literally everyone I want, and while it will obviously never happen, let's just say any DLC we get I want to be from this list.

Last edited:

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
These rosters are what I believe might happen with either 49 characters (about the amount we'll likely get) or 54 characters (would be an unexpected yet nice surprise).

49 character roster

54 character roster

If you don't want Krystal or a 'New IP' or whatever, you can just imagine a different character in their place.

Hopefully it turns out being a good roster.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

-Klonoa represents the NAMCO newcomer
-No idea for Zelda and DK.

What I think the roster will be (not made by me,found it on neogaf)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Might as well.

Blue = Veteran Starter.
Red = Veteran Unlockable
Green = Newcomer Starter
Yellow = Newcomer Unlockable

6/5 Roster (after thinking things over more):
JaidynReiman New Wii U-3DS 6-5 Roster.png

Not based on any leaks just speculation. I've come to the conclusion that we may already have our hardware/retro rep, TECHNICALLY Little Mac had a revival, but it wasn't that significant, so I think he might actually be our Retro character. Three new additional franchise reps, no new third-parties. Ganondorf gets a new moveset, Black Shadow gets an upgraded version of Ganondorf's old one (that's the only reason Black Shadow is here).

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Best Guess Roster v.1:

SSB4 Best Guess 1 Roster.png

Green boxed characters have high potential to return (<90% chance).

Unknown boxes are anyone's guess, along with the true size of the roster, but just for fun, and based on some evidence there is the possibility that...

Palutena, a new Fire Emblem character, Ridley, a Namco character, another Donkey Kong character, and Mii may later be revealed as playable characters.

Of course, like I said, the unknown characters are still anyone's guess, but I will go so far as to say that the characters presented in the roster are pretty much set in stone, unless Sakurai decides to pull a 180 and starts cutting veterans...

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I've had these rosters laying around with nowhere to put them for a while. I usually do my rosters in sets of two; one with my ideal set of characters, and one with reasonable predictions.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The black space is for a Chorus Men/ Rhythm Heaven rep.

Roster is based off of the Sal leaks.
Also based off the time stamp theory of 55 characters, 16 newcomers.

The variable characters are King K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, and Ray MK.
I chose them due to popularity and former AT status, to fill out the remainder.
("Variable" meaning they haven't been included in any Sal Leaks thus far)
(Vets aren't variable because there needs to be 39 of them to coincide with the 16 newcomer theory.)

UPDATE - 02/05/2014

My personal favourite...

6/12/2014

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

My Roster Prediction
  • Based off of Gematsu Leak
    • Rhytm Heaven Girl represents Chorus Men
    • DLC represented by Purple
  • Green = Newcomer I'm very certain is joining. Yellow = Almost sure, just not 100%
  • One Question Mark Included in Main Roster. Was considering K Rool, but I don't feel there is enough evidence supporting his inclusion in the roster at this point in time.
  • DLC
    • DLC I think will be used to promote new releases throughout 2015.
    • If Captain Toad is a popular title, then I feel as if he is a likely candidate
    • Paper Mario I included because I feel as though he is a character that should be in the cast, though I'm not sure what title he could promote unless a new Paper Mario is released.
    • Zelda Rep is for a new character in Zelda Wii U. With the title going open world, there are likely some very interesting Supporting characters/Villains to choose from
    • DK I included because I know that if I do not include K Rool, then K Rool fanatics will hunt me down. Needed to give them hope
    • Star Fox rep to promote new Star Fox
    • Question Mark is used to maybe represent Inkling from Splatoon or a character from STEAM
  • Design is chosen this way due to the CSS's setup from the demo
EDIT: 7/13/2014

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace

Here's my roster. I will put reasoning for newcomers below.
  • Villager - Confirmed!
  • Mega Man - Confirmed!
  • Wii Fit Trainer - Confirmed!
  • Rosalina & Luma - Confirmed!
  • Little Mac - Confirmed!
  • Mii - Even though most people don't want it, it's a tad inevitable.
  • Zoroark - It has a lot of move set potential, mores than Genesect and the whatnot.
  • Professor Layton - My most wanted Third Party newcomer. Layton is a great character who deserves to be in Smash.
  • Ridley - Self-explanatory.
  • Chrom - Though I'd prefer Robin, I'm predicting Chrom.
  • King K. Rool - Self-explanatory.
  • Unova Trainer - Because BW needs trainer representation.
  • Tingle - As much as I want Ghirahim, Tingle has the advantage of representing his own franchise, so this card goes to him.
  • Takamaru - Seems to be the most popular retro character on these forums, plus he's the Little Mac of Japan.
  • Palutena - Self-explanatory. And that leak.
  • Slime - Because he's just been everywhere lately.
  • Shulk - I love Xenoblade, and he has a lot of moveset potential.
  • Pac-Man - Due to how iconic he is, plus the fact that Namco is working on the game.
  • Black Shadow - F-Zero needs a second character, hopefully to put new life into the franchise.
Cut Characters -
  • Wolf - Star Fox is over-represented, and Falco has seniority going for him.
  • Ike - Flavor of the Day.
  • Pokémon Trainer - Needs an update.
  • Snake - More of Sony's territory.
(ZERO SUIT SAMUS IS THERE, JUST NOT IN AN ICON).

EDIT:

Changes:
- Change in Icons of some Characters
- Unova Trainer and Zoroark replaced with Standard Trainer and Mewtwo

EDIT: 3/2/14

CHANGES:
- Changes in icons from some characters.
- New Format
- Replacement of Slime with Wolf
- Rearrangement of Columns

EDIT: 3/6/14

CHANGES:
- New icons for every character
- Replacement of Tingle with Ike, Black Shadow with Samurai Goroh, and Professor Layton (:() with Snake
EDIT: 6/1/14

CHANGES:
  • Bowser Jr., Captain Rainbow, and Greninja now added.
  • Snake and 2nd F-Zero character cut.
  • Roster size increased to 53.
  • Zelda and Sheik, Samus and ZSS made their own characters.

ALTERNATE:

EDITS:
- Reverted back to old format
- Decided cuts were necessary (Lucas, Wolf, Ike, and Snake)
- Readded Professor Layton
- Added Rhythm Wrestler, Captain Rainbow, and Lip

6/13/2014

Alright this is my final roster before the game comes out I will explain my choices.
  • Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Kids - E3 got me to believe in the Gematsu Leak.
  • King K. Rool, Ridley, Takamaru, Mewtwo - Popular characters I still think are shoo-ins.
  • Cuts: Snake, Lucas, Ivysaur, Squirtle - Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are already dead in the water. Due to the Gematsu Leak, I believe Lucas will get the axe. Tis' a shame; I enjoyed playing him.
  • Mallo - This choice is to keep my roster exciting. Due to Pushmo's recent journey to the Wii U, I believe Mallo has earned his place amongst the Nintendo All-Stars. While Dillon is gallivanting off being an assist trophy, Mallo will be taking on icons of gaming!
  • 52 Characters - Though technically 54, I'm abiding by the roster arrangement theory. I do not believe in the RosalinaX Leak, and as such 52 is where I'm sticking.
Overall, I like this roster. I've finally gotten used to the idea of the Chorus Kids, and Mallo is the wildcard pick for this game...come on, Mallo!

7/27/14

I've been feeling optimistic as of late, and my roster is now 56 characters. Allow me to explain my choices.
THE LIKELY:
  • KING K. ROOL - K. Rool's been on every roster I've done; it's just impossible to see the game without him. He's very likely to appear in the game in some fashion, almost certainly as a playable character.
  • RIDLEY - The teasing is enough of a hint. Ridley is a true all-star, who should've been on the roster in Brawl.
  • MARSHAL - I am of the belief that Gematsu was partly right. I believe that Marshal was confused with the Choir Boys and is actually on the roster.
  • SHULK - See Choir Boys. Shulk is very likely, with or without Gematsu.
THE QUESTIONABLE
  • PAPER MARIO - More of a personal preference than anything. Paper Mario is my most wanted character after Ridley, so I hope he makes it.
  • DIXIE KONG - Clones are in the game, big whoop. Dixie Kong is prime semi-clone material.
  • TAKAMARU - Takamaru's relevant, but Greninja may both hurt and help his chances.
  • MALLO - Mallo is love. Mallo is life. Once again, my dark horse pick.
7/28/14
*sigh* Rest in piece, Takamaru...

• Removal of Takamaru due to his status as an assist trophy.
  • Increase of roster size to 59.
  • Addition of Excitebiker, Duck Hunt Dog (Mr. Peepers), Waddle Dee, and Black Shadow.
  • If Mallo is discomfirmed, trade him for Captain Rainbow.
8/20/14
Consider the above roster my wishlist, but this is my prediction....

• Cut Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake in veterans. Cut Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, Black Shadow, Marshal, Mallo, and Excitebiker in newcomers.
  • Addition of Dr. Mario (ugh), Dark Pit (UGH), and Bowser Jr. (less ugh)
  • Roster size decreased to 54 (52 if the Mii Fighters are one character.
  • Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Mr. Peepers, and Bowser Jr. for the Roster leak.
  • Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo for the Ninka Leak.
  • K. Rool for personal preference (can be swapped with either Paper Mario or Ghirahim).
8/25/14

• Cut King K. Rool (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)
  • Impa and Mach Rider joined the roster.
  • Roster size increased to 54.
8/28/14

• Cut Impa and Mach Rider
  • Return of Chorus Kids
  • (NOT) FINAL ROSTER PREDICTION!
9/1/14

• King K. Rool back for good.
  • Marshal replaces Chorus Kids.
  • Mach Rider back for good.
  • ACTUAL FINAL ROSTER PREDICTION

Last edited:

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
49 character roster based on the Gematsu leak.

Updated as of the two newcomer reveals
Removed:
Chrom (disconfirmed)
Chorus Men: Staring death in the face without Gematsu by their side
Cuts:
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Lucas (more expendable than cut)
Snake (after E3, all the signs are saying he's gone)

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I feel like 47 is too tight for a final roster unless K. Rool is axed (would prefer to axe Chorus Men, but what can you do?) and Miis have their own separate slot. A little hazy on who'll be starters and unlocks, especially between FE reps. The middle row presentation is another one I'm not a big fan of visually (tried grouping the sci-fi characters together but got this awkward setup).

I have taken the Gematsu links into account and assuming they're true as well as the supposed cuts so that's that.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
5/5/2014

Dream roster, combined with what I think will actually happen.
K. Rool: We got Kremlings, which shows Nintendo at least remembers him. He's iconic, if not relevent.
Ghirahim: With Greninja we've learned that recency+popularity can get a character in. Plus I want him.
Ridley: Playable Ridley shadow, calling it now
Palutena: Shoe in
Chrom: Most likely Fire Emblem newcomer
Sceptile: Grass starter, represent the 3rd gen remake coming soon (Probably). Replaces Jigglypuff for relevancy and importance and personal bias.
Rayman: PERSONAL BIAS PLEASE!!!!!!!! That said, most likely 3rd party after Pacman
Isaac: Not disconfirmed in Direct Massacre, decent shot.
Shulk: See Isaac
Takamaru: See Shulk! :D

Starting roster:

6/17/2014

I can't remember where my post is, and I'm to lazy to go through each page, so I'll just update here:

Top part is roster, bottom is DLC

I heard somewhere that a Nintendo rep said Mii's would take up the random slot. Don't know if that's true or not, but I'd prefer they didn't take up a space. If it isn't true, remove Isaac and put him in DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Hey, a roster display thread. I'll put up my mockup and see what folk think.

3DSCSS.png

This is 1:1 with the 3DS display size. 400x240px, 50x40 per character cell.

I am not asserting that this will be the final placement of the characters(in fact, some of the placements are very strange indeed, but I am going from the 3DS demo..), nor am I stating that this is what the CSS will look like color-wise, font-wise, etc etc. But I do think this is what the 3DS CSS will resemble. It fits cleanly on a 4:3 screen, which the 3DS has. Everything adds up to make it make sense, too. Lucas is mentioned as a likely cut by Gematsu(which hasn't been wrong yet!). Ivysaur and Squirtle are DOA thanks to PT being dismissed. Snake is also likely gone, considering Kojima stated he's still waiting for Smash to contact him regarding adding the famous infiltrator. This also lines up with another leak, RosalinaX, which specifies there would be four cuts. After the fallout, a total of 47 characters remain(33 we know, 11 veterans yet to be confirmed, 3 from the Gematsu leak). Add a Random box, and you get 48, resulting in the mockup above. With Gematsu looking more and more legit with every passing moment, I think we know our full roster, unlockables and all.

Now, Gematsu specifies there will be DLC. HOWEVER, it did NOT say it would be characters, just that the leaker disliked the DLC. So there may not even be a DLC character option and, if it were present, it may not be with the main CSS.

EDIT: I am informed that Gematsu DID mention character-based DLC. This doesn't invalidate the roster, but I'm not really happy about it...

Last edited:

vitlp

Smash Rookie
Probably the best ideal roster, but Nintendon't:

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
My roster - Based off current roster and predictions

I'll go over the newcomers and why I say they might get in-
Chrom - Shoe in
Shulk - Also shoe in
Choir - Mainly for Gematsu, but any Rhythm Heaven character could get in.
Balloon Fighter - *cough* Balloon Fight *cough*
Issac - Because why the heck not. Also he is one of the most wanted globally from the last time I read.
Waddle Dee - Kirby newcomer, also his relevance to the modern Kirby series.
Ghirahim - Skyward Sword's time is not gone yet
Sceptile - ... No explanation is needed
Ridley (I love that lol pic, but this is Metroid) - I still have hope
King K. Rool - DK newcomer is needed
Takamaru - East vs. West, and this would be a perfect East rep.
Simon - Better. Konami. Representative.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
7/21/13
I think I found the perfect roster, unless Nintendo news changes the business, this is probably the roster I'm going to stick with.

7/19/13
A favorable roster.

6/24/13
What do you think, I think I found the sweet spot roster I've been looking for, 49 characters (53 in real terms):

Newcomers (including WFT, Megaman, and Villager):
1. Wii Fit Trainer
2. Ridley
3. Palutena
4. Takamaru
5. Prince Sable
6. Villager
7. Tom Nook
8. Little Mac
9. King Hippo
10. Shulk
11. Mewtwo
12. Isaac
13. Chrom
14. Wonder Red
15. Megaman
16. Pac-Man
17. Sonic
18. Mii

Cuts:
- Lucario
- Ike
- Snake

6/12/13

11/24/2013
One of my favorite rosters I made so far:

12-18-13
My newest roster after the Rosalina reveal:

12/30/13

1/29/13
Decided to think realistically this time:

Newcomers:
1. Megaman
2. Villager
3. Wii Fit Trainer
4. Rosalina
5. Pac-Man
6. Little Mac
7. Mii
8. Palutena
9. Dr. Kawashima
10. Chrom+Lucina
11. Diddy+Dixie
12. Takamaru
13. Ridley
14. Shulk
15. Duck Hunt Dog

4/17/14

My prediction:

My dream:

5/27/14
This is probably my laster roster I will do in a while before E3:

5/30/14

Prediction roster above.

This one has cuts.

6/22/14

53 characters 17 newcomers total, based on a new leak that popped up recently.

7/10/14

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What I hope will happen.

What I'll likely get, and my standing prediction until launch. Coming to a store near you.

Genexican

Smash Cadet
Not so much a prediction, but more of a "Dream Roster":

What sucks, is knowing all too well that this will NEVER come true... ._.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Rosalina, Yoshi, *Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
Link, Zelda, *Ganondorf, Sheik, Toon Link, Samus, ZSS, *Ridley, *Captain Falcon
Pit, Palutena, Marth, Ike, *Chrom, Kirby, King Dedede, *Meta Knight, *Ness/Lucas
Fox, *Falco, *Wolf, Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, *Mewtwo, *Jigglypuff
Villager, Olimar, Little Mac, *Shulk, *Ice Climbers, WFT, *Marshall, *G&W, *ROB.
Mii Fighters, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man, Random

At the most, I am predicting 49 playable characters. While Ness is likely here to stay, it is possible that Lucas will either take Ness's place, return alongside Ness, or live on as Ness' alternate skin. Shulk is the least likely of my asterisk characters to make it in. All asterisk characters have neither been confirmed or deconfirmed as of right now.

Edit 7/22/2014: Here's my updated roster:

That Mario icon is actually 8-Bit Mario.

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I'm predicting:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Power/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley*
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*
Krystal*
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
Jigglypuff*
Mewtwo*
Marth
Ike
Lucina (The mask as a costume.*)
Robin (Summons Chrom for his final smash.)
Pit (Dark Pit as a costume.*)
Palutena
Little Mac
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Mr. Game & Watch*
Ness*
Lucas*
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers*
R.O.B*
Mike Jones*
1 Rhythm Heaven Newcomer*
1 Golden Sun Newcomer*
Olimar
Sonic
Mega Man
PAC-Man (Mrs. PAC-Man as a costume.*)
Mii Fighters
Random

*Not confirmed as of August 29th.

CUTS: Solid Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle.

UPDATE: Removed Takamaru & renamed "Legend of Zelda Newcomer" as Ghiriam. Also made the list a bit more organized.

UPDATE #2: Removed Ghiriam, made it more organized. Fixed some typos.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Here's my final predicted roster. I expect the CSS to fit the 3DS screen, and that the clones will eventually be put back with their respective franchises.

SSB4 Roster Prediction Roster.png

Last edited:

American JEDI

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

As of June 26th, 2014 we have 33 characters confirmed for Smash 4.
I am SO CONFIDENT that Sakurai intends to have 50 playable characters for the latest installment of his beloved series. 50 just looks good and sounds right, you know?
I assure you that THIS LIST is dead on. Alright, here we go:

The original 12 from SSB1 will 100% be in the game. So we're still getting... CAPTAIN FALCON, NESS, and JIGGLY PUFF. (3 more)

These next guys premiered in Melee and have become staples to the series. I know they'll be in as well, hands down... FALCO, GANONDORF, GAME & WATCH, and ICE CLIMBERS. (4 more)

Also, I know we'll get META KNIGHT and WARIO because we just will! For sooo many reasons. The two most obvious picks from Brawl no doubt. (2 more)

We'll also get WOLF, but they have to rework his moves a bit more to separate him from Fox and Falco. MEW TWO is in guys! This is to please the fans, and because he's way more relevant now in the Pokemon universe. (2 more)

These next three are Nintendo-owned newcomers: CHROM, SHULK, and the CHORUS MEN. Check the info on these guys out. They have a ton of potential. (3 more)

Almost done. These two are third-party. The first of them is none other than SNAKE. He's coming back guys, just accept it! And this last one is not only a third-party but also a new comer... *drum roll*... RAYMAN! Don't hate just yet. He makes sense guys. Look him up! His games have only released on Nintendo recently, and his moves just fit in perfectly. Rayman also has a very unique moveset from anyone on the cast so far. (2 more)

The last one... RIDLEY. Deal with it. He's in guys. If you can't trust in Sakurai to make him work by now... *chuckles* (1 more)

That's the confirmed 33 plus the 17 that I just predicted. Total of 50. If they're not on THIS LIST, they're not playable. That's a FACT! Absolutely "everyone" on this list will make it to the Super Smash Bros 4 roster.

P.S. ---- Dark Pitt is an alternate costume for Pitt. Dr. Mario and Roy may return as alternates for Mario and Marth. Oh and one more thing.... R.O.B. and Lucas (who's also a potential alternate costume for Ness) are the only "on-the-bench characters". They may come back as playable and in turn be swapped for Rayman, and/or Ridley (depending on what Sakurai decides). DONE!!

Mark my Prediction. It will prove to be true.

SSB 4 LIFE!!!

Last edited:

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Here's my prediction. I would looove this roster. I WISH THEY WOULD ADD BUB FROM BUBBLE BOBBLE THO!!!

I know I did 58 and thats a little much but really i just tried to fill in spots to make the roster look nice...

if i had to take some of these out i'd take out the extra starfox character, boo OR birdo (not both), dixie kong OR K. rool (not both), Lucas, paper mario. I also had a hard time deciding whether to include snake or not.

I do think kirby needs a new character and so does f-zero. id like to see a new zelda charcter too that isn't a "toon" but i tried to make this realistic. i added a new fox character because his new game may have another important character in it.

The kirby, f zero and fox characters i didn't choose because i'm not as familiar with the franchises anymore. (is there a current f zero game? :falcon:)

characters id love to add but know they wont make it::bubblebobble: :007::089::093::123:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom