• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Display Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
My pre SSB4 info roster, I still think that some characters like Paper Mario, Roy, Isaac, K.Rool, and Bandana Dee still have a chance. So disappointed that Goroh is an assist trophy AGAIN, but we always have Black Shadow for our 2nd F-Zero rep needs. Muddy Mole, well....

Last edited:

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
It has 48 characters so what do you think?
Empty SSB4 copy.png

This is my 48 characters!!View attachment 14653
And my bosses to!!

5/28/2014

This is my Roster v. 3
Color = Confirmed
White = Leak
343f8d7dfb57cee6b32d0ba61ca32ceao.jpg

6/14/2014

Here is My Roster!!
rost fill.jpg

Confirmed Characters: Mario, Luigi Peach, Bowser, Rosalina and Luma, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Kirby, King Dedede, Little Mac, Olimar, Villager, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer,Fox, Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Marth, Ike, Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man.

White=Leak Characters: Chorus Men, Ridley, Shulk, Ness, Falco, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and Chrom

Red=Will be Cool/Funny but won't Happends: Maleficent

So Enjoy :)

6/27/2014

This is my Roster! So enjoy!! It has 48 characters!
my_roster_v4_by_soskay1-d7me0ew.jpg

7/21/2014

This is my new Roster!! What do you think?
super_smash_bros_roster__wishlist__by_soskay1-d7rcqxc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Here's my one. Bit of a dream roster (See Paper Mario, Sylux), but still far from unrealistic.

Red outlines are unlockable. I believe that Sakurai will probably leave all the 3rd party characters as unlockables once again, except perhaps Megaman. Also, a theme of unlockables seems to be that they close to double the original roster size so the final roster size is somewhere between 1.5x and 2x the starting roster.

Cuts:

Lucas - I can't see him returning because he wasn't the most popular character and nor does he have the uniqueness of a R.O.B or Game and Watch. However, it's possible they could put another Mother character in, but I don't know any so I haven't put any in.

Snake - I think Brawl was almost certainly a one-off and Snake won't be returning.

Pokémon Trainer - Given Sakurai seems to be taking transformations out of the game, seems like he won't be returning.

Additional Newcomers:

Paper Mario - Well my DP should show you that there's a little bit of bias there but he'd be as unique as they come, a bit of a surprise and if you check my trailer idea in the Paper Mario thread, could definitely be introduced in a spectacular way. Probably fighting with King K.Rool and Bowser Jr. for a spot.

Sylux - Again, has a surprise element to it. I'm guessing that since Ridley's shadow has already been shown several times (and only on Pyrosphere) that Ridley is probably going to be a stage hazard. Metroid probably deserve a new character and if they get one I'd say it would be from the Hunters game. Sylux or Noxus seem the most likely to actually work in Smash and of them, I'd say Sylux is slightly ahead in popularity from what I remember. Not sure what other series could be vying for this spot.

Shulk - Don't know anything about Xenoblade but I'm gonna say, given what I've read, that Shulk is a good chance to make the cut.

Comeback King

Mewtwo - Probably THE most requested character. Given he nearly made it into Brawl, I'd say he's a shoe-in for Smash 4 especially now that he has a Mega Evolution they'd be keen to show off.

Edit: Picture doesn't seem to have uploaded properly. Here's the link http://postimg.org/image/n8onr66gd/

Last edited:

strikerhawk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Strikerhawk
Here is my pick for a roster. Based on the message boards I have read, and the leaks that may or may not be true, I think this is the roster I would put my money on if I had to. The green indicates veteran characters that I believe are a shoe-in. The red indicates new additions. I believe Lucas, Snake, and Wolf will be cut. Roster size of 50.

Here is a separate image of the returning veterans and the new characters.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Cut: Squirtle, Ivysaur (2)

Non-returning: Young Link, Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu (4)

Returning: Ice Climbers, Wario, Ganondorf, Falco, Jiggs, Meta Knight, G&W, Ness, Lucas, Snake, ROB (11)

Returning Prev. Cut - Mewtwo (1)

Unnanounced Newcomers: Bowser Jr, King K. Rool, Ridley, Andy, Krystal, RETRO (Takamaru or Sukapon) (6)

Total Remaining Not-Revealed: 18

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
7/24/2014

Alright, so it has been discussed on other Smash-related forums that I frequent that it's possible, perhaps even likely, that there are only 5 characters left. I no longer believe the Gematsu leak has any information, although it certainly did ONCE, however, the Trophy leak still seems to be a viable hint. Why?

- I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ridley is LIKELY, although definitely not CONFIRMED, and include him as part of the five remaining newcomers. He's also the only remaining Metroid choice, with pretty much all other options having been eliminated. Remember, Kraid is a trophy. If you really want more of an argument, argue it on the Ridley thread, not here.

- I also feel that with the attention Impa has been getting as of late, she's been looking more likely, in both Young and Old Impa's forms. However, Young Impa seems to be the more prominent form, and the one more likely appear in future games. Young Impa is also the more prominent form in Skyward Sword. So, I'd say that Young Impa is a likely playable character, especially considering that Ghirahim and Groose are some of the most one-shot-like characters the series has ever had.

Considering both characters make sense as part of the playable roster, and the other two series have confirmed characters, most notably Robin and Palutena, it seems like there's evidence that these were hints, as well. But, like Robin, Palutena isn't the only possible playable character now. More on that below.

So, what about the the other three characters?

-Takamaru has been getting a LOT of attention as of late. His game has been released on the Virtual Console in Europe, he has a spot in both Nintendo Land and Dynasty Warriors, Warioware D.I.Y's Japanese version included a microgame starring him. It seems like he's getting a push, but for what? A revival, of course! In fact, along with Impa, it seems that he may be last character revealed. But what about Ridley? Yeah, more on that later.

Now, here's the important part. You notice how most of our villains remain unconfirmed? Yeah, we have Bowser, but pretty much every Mario character was revealed from the start, all so that we could get Rosalina's trailer. King Dedede is barely a villain, Meta Knight actually moreso, so I see that as a reason for him being revealed earlier. People have been discussing the likelihood of a Villains trailer, which I never believed in... Until now.

Wario, why is it you have Super Smash Bros. listed among the games you're starring in?

Yeah, Comic Con has started, and Wario seems all but confirmed. This could be a coincidence, and it MAY
be, but I'm not putting it past Nintendo to pull a fast one. It seems like Wario might be getting revealed. So, who else might be?

All the villains, probably! Wario is one of the most evil characters in Smash. It's all too perfect. Especially when you consider that Comic Con gets next to no coverage outside of the West, especially compared to E3. So, what are also more popular in the West? Villains! And so are popular characters like Ridley.
So, along with Ridley, I feel that we can expect Mewtwo, long since been awaiting a return, characters that need reworking, such as Ganondorf and Meta Knight, and other miscellaneous characters, such as Wolf.

But who else?

...You remember what happened at the end of the Kid Icarus; Trailer?

Dark Pit comes in, and Palutena asks if he came to crash her party.

We immediately assumed that this meant he would be an Assist Trophy, if even that. But Assist Trophies have never been hinted at. Looking at Chrom's deconfirmation, about as if not more desirable than Dark Pit, despite not being the best choice in the world, there's something shady about that, just like there's something shady about Ridley's lack of deconfirmation (Although that's debatable.) So, why hasn't Dark Pit already been "deconfirmed"?

Look closely at this:

Clones are not taboo.

Sakurai has also been known for showing a bit of bias towards his characters. The Subspace Emissary, as well as other tidbits we've made jokes about, ("Palutena's range is OP"), it's possible he may have been looking to make Dark Pit a playable character. So, he's my fifth.

Argue away. Just know that I've put a LOT of thought into this before.

7/26/2014

Alright, I've decided my last prediction was hopelessly unrealistic, and I've decided to include all the characters as part of a roster image. One thing worth noting is that I did add two characters mainly to take up space; I did feel that there would be three characters, but besides Takamaru, I'm not really sure WHO anymore.

Toad160

Smash Rookie

This is my predicted roster; the bottom row bordered in red is possible DLC (which you can ignore if you like, but I can fantasize).

I know that some of my choices are probably off the wall predictions, but I feel like we aren't going to get the cookie cutter guesses we have been putting out there. Let's go through some of the more crazy choices.

Daisy
I've been thinking since the Lucina reveal how close Lucina was to being an alternate costume for Marth. She definitely wouldn't have been called Marth if things were left the same and you changed his costume over to her, correct? Well, since Peach has always had the alternate costume that resembles Daisy, and since feminizing seems to be a big movement for this game, maybe we will get a definitive Daisy character to play at the end of things after all (as in, the name line changes to Daisy). Heck, maybe if something is tweaked about her in terms of attack or power she could have her own selection spot like Lucina, which is even more extreme of wishful thinking than what I first hoped for. I'm not in favor of clone characters all that much, but I do not think that take up spots from other potential candidates. The more the merrier, right?
Dixie & K. Rool
Most people who add an extra Donkey Kong rep only add one or the other, but why not both? If Fire Emblem can have 4 representatives, then Donkey Kong surely can have two totally new unique characters.

Agitha
She is in the upcoming Hyrule Warriors, and I know she is off the wall and probably the last character you could envision for Smash, but hear me out. Could you imagine the bug attacks? That would be freaking awesome to have Agitha from Twilight Princess, one of the better LoZ in my opinion, to use different attacks associated with insects. I'll let your mind wander.

Mewtwo
What hasn't been said?

Ness & Lucas
I really don't understand how people are so quick to scrap these two characters? Both are unique from each other and have a big fan base. I know there were supposed "discussions" of Lucas' removal, but hasn't that been said about Ness in every Smash since N64?

Falco & Wolf
Read above, get the idea.

Mike Jones
In every new Smash we have gotten some retro type of character. Mike Jones from StarTropics would be a good nostalgic reference and would entail a unique move set. Anytime there is a magical sort of character (as in, he can use magic), the attack options are hit wide open, plus, he has a pretty neat yo-yo.

Snake
It would be such a waste to lose such a unique move set. I see him being there when the smoke clears.

Shovel Knight
An oddball, but wouldn't he be a badass and pay homage to Indie developers?

Last edited:

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
Guess I'll pitch in.

My Roster, as of 7/28/2014.

Blue outlines are characters available at the start; red and yellow (yellow for the third party characters) are those that have to be unlocked.

Takamaru was in in the bottom row, but after last night, I removed him in favor of Toad, who I specifically picked as the Blue Toad for a reason (his recent playable appearances in recent Mario platformers, as well as being the Toad in the NES version of Super Mario Bros. 2).

If this is too much (and I admit that 55 characters is reaching), then remove Toad, Dixie, Ghirahim, and Ridley/Anthony.

EDIT 8/4/2014
Updated roster:

Cut things down to 53 characters, removing Toad and either King K. Rool or Dixie from the previous roster. With those two, I don't really care who gets in (both can play radically different from other similar characters), as long as Donkey Kong gets a newcomer.

Like the last roster, this one takes both the Trophy Theory and the Sneaky Spirit Smash Run enemy into account, along with my own selfish wishes.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Besides what all we have heard for sure so far, I'm expecting ROB, Squirtle, and Ivysaur to be cut, and would very much like Shulk, Ridley, and Shyguy (treated as a Yoshi character) as newcomers.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Only reason I put Black Shadow there (other then having another F-Zero rep) is just so that he can take Ganondorf's moveset and Ganondorf can FINALLY USE THOSE DARN SWORDS/MAGIC HE HAS.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

There are some glaring omissions like Jigglypuff and Falco, but I would personally go for this at the current point in time.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So I finally put together my ideal roster (as things currently stand). And I apologize since the order/setup is based off of another person's roster that I really liked the setup of.

This roster has my remaining dream (but still very deserving newcomers, IMO) Isaac and Paper Mario, alongside the deserving and popular characters that I personally have no preference for (Ridley, K. Rool, Shulk).

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wow, a lot of optimistic rosters here, with character counts reaching into the 55-60 range. It's great to see such optimistic outlooks of the roster!

Here's my personal, roster, I believe we'll get about 2-3 more reveal trailers, with maybe 1-2 secret newcomers. I don't think Nintendo is going to keep much from us, because they want this game to sell, and of course with newcomers/characters being one of the main draws to this game, I think they'll maybe keep 4-5 characters in total secret from us. But enough prattle, here's my roster:

We're going to get 7 more newcomers total, with 4 of them being original characters, 1 of them being a clone, and 2 of them being semi-clones. Shulk, Marshal, Paper Mario, and Ridley all have original new movesets, Dixie Kong and Dark Pit would be semi clones, and Black Shadow would be a clone of Ganondorf/Captain Falcon. Ganondorf and Mewtwo would get complete moveset changes, and Wolf and Falco wouldn't be as much of clones of Fox.

-Shulk could have a buff based moveset, with his neutral special being Monado Enchant, which would boost his damage, his side special being Monado Speed, which would boost his movement speed, and his down special being Monado Shield, which would reduce the amount of damage he would take for a while.
-Paper Mario could have an interesting moveset where he can have a partner be in the background, and his attacks and physics(Movement Speed, Power, Weight, etc.) could change based on his helper, with him being able to change helper mid battle.
-Ridley would be the opposite of Little Mac. He has a weak ground game and a powerful aerial game. He has 3 jumps and a hover to make use of this.
-Marshal would have a moveset based on rhythm. His attacks could do damage based on when you press the attack buttons. If you press them at the right moment, they do a lot more damage then if you just randomly button mash.

-Dixie Kong would be a semi-clone of Diddy. The only changes would be that her neutral special would change to a hair whip instead of Diddy's Peanut Gun, her down special would throw Bubble Gum instead of Bananas, and her up special would be a barrel blaster that would work like in the Donkey Kong Country Games. Her side special would be faster, but do less damage.
-Dark Pit would be a semi-clone of Pit. His special would be the Dark Pit staff, which would do a more damage and go through opponents, but would have a good amount of startup and ending lag. You also wouldn't be able to aim it. His up special would be Pit's old up special from Brawl, considering he can fly on his own for most of Kid Icarus Uprising. His side special would be the Ogre Club, it would be a lot slower than Pit's Upperdash Arm, but would do a lot more damage and would knock the opponent forward instead of up. His down special would be the Boom Orbitars. Instead of Pit's Guardian Orbitars where they defend him, the Boom Orbitars would shoot two short range blasts on both sides of him. They'd do moderate damage and good knock back. Overall, Dark Pit would be a slower version of Pit with a lot more kill power.

-Black Shadow would basically inherit Ganondorf's old moveset.
-Ganondorf would get a new moveset that would a lot better reflect his appearances in LoZ games. His neutral special would be Dead Man's Volley, he'd shoot a weak and slow projectile that'd be able to be reflected. The more it's reflected, the more powerful and faster it gets. It could be reflected a total amount of five times. His side special would be mostly the same, where he rushes the opponent, except when he hits them, he gives them a body blow with the hilt of his sword, knocking them to the ground. His up special would make it so he could fly freely for about 4-5 seconds. His down special would have him hit the ground, and two waves of dark energy would surge from either sides of him. His final smash would be the same.
-Mewtwo would get a bit of a moveset change. His neutral special would be Psystrike, a chargeable projectile. The longer you charge it, the more small projectiles are created. Each one does 2-3%, and there can be about 7-8 when fully charged. The charge cannot be kept. His side special would be Swift. It would have a lot of startup lag, but it would unleash 5 homing stars that deal about 3% each. His up special would still be Teleport, and it'd work a lot like Zelda's Faore's Wind. His down special would be barrier, and he'd create a psychic wall on one side of him. If you hit it, the wall bursts open and deals 5% damage to you. Overall, he'd be a character about trapping your opponents and using fast attacks.

There'd also be DLC, for the sake of making this shorter, I won't go into movesets, just the basics.

The DLC characters would be the following:
Captain Toad, Inkling, Impa, Isaac Bandanna Dee, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, Zero, Neku, Snake, and Bayonetta

-Captain Toad would be a combination of all the various Toad's in the Mario series. His moveset would be based on various power ups, like the Penguin Suit, The Propeller Cap, as well as Star Bits and various other mechanics from the Captain Toad Series.
-Inkling would be a fast character that would manipulate the field using her paint. The paint would slow other fighters down and speed her up.
-Impa would be based off of her Hyrule Warriors Appearance. She'd be a cross between Sheik and Ike, using Water Magic for her specials.
-Isaac would fight using the power of Dijiin. They would change things like his power, speed, weight, etc.
-Bandanna Dee would be a fast, powerful character. However, he'd be the lightest character in the game, making him easy to KO
-Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Lucas would be based off of their Brawl Appearances with minor changes. Squirtle and Ivysaur would have new down specials, and Lucas would be a bit less of clone, but overall the same as in Brawl.
-Zero would be based off of his Megaman Zero appearance. He'd be a fast melee-based character, considering the Z-Buster is his main weapon. His specials would be based off of his various techniques he gains in the Megaman Zero series from bosses.
-Neku would use his Pins to battle. He'd have a cool moveset where he'd be able to change Pins mid battle, and that would change the effects of his attacks in battle.
-Snake and Bayonetta would be Parental Restricted DLC. If there are any Parental Controls in place, you cannot Download these characters. This is to make it so 5 year olds cannot download these characters.
-Snake would be 100% based off of his Brawl appearance. So, if you liked Snake in Brawl, good, because there are minimal changes.
-I know little about Bayonetta, so I can't say much about her. She'd fight using her Pistols and her hair, but other than that I can't say much. She'd have her Samus, Peach, Link, and Daisy costumes (From Bayonetta 1 for Wii U) as alts.

Well, that's my roster, and the explanations for all the new/changed characters on it. Hope you like it!

MeekMeek93

Smash Cadet
I'm playing it safe guys

The first roster is for the 3DS version and the second one is for the Wii U version.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711

So, here's my roster.
To prevent my post from being too big, I'll just put my descriptions under the spoilers.
Alright, so the following veterans I believe will be returning:
-:warioc:Wario. There's way too many things pointing towards the inclusion of this guy. Waluigi and Ashley have the WarioWare symbol, as shown in the Smash Bros Direct. The treehouse commentator made a remark saying that "Waluigi hasn't been talking to the right people to get in Smash, though Wario has." He'll be back.
-:ganondorf:Ganondorf. I was a bit sceptical of the inclusion of Ganondorf, but I believe he'll be back. However, I believe he'll have an entirely new moveset, based more around his appearance in Twilight Princess. I do believe he'll keep a couple of moves, like his Side-Special and Up-Tilt.
-:falco:Falco. Ok, I have a bit of a bias towards this guy, because we nearly share last names and I adore birds. However, Falco will probably get even more changes from Fox. I imagine there will be little things, like Falco's blaster auto-cancelling, since Fox's doesn't.
-:wolf: Wolf. Wolf has a good chance of returning, do to his moveset being a lot more different than Falco's. Besides, Star Fox at least deserves 3 reps, and god knows I don't want Krystal in this game.
-:metaknight: Meta Knight. I don't see why I would have to explain why this guy is in. But, I will. Kirby is Sakurai's baby. He adores the game, and adores the characters, hence why there are 3 kirby reps. There's a chance there's a fourth, but I doubt it right now.
-:mewtwopm: Mewtwo. I'm a PM Mewtwo main, so I'm a little biased. HOWEVER, the main reason I see him returning is because of the amount of Pokemon reps. Brawl had 6 Pokemon reps if you count Pokemon Trainer as 3. So having 6 slots isn't a big deal if you look at it like that. But of all the Pokemon that could fit into Smash, I feel like the return of Mewtwo is the best choice. But, I feel like he'll have different moves representing his recent appearances.
-:jigglypuff:Jigglypuff. Although being a part of the original 12 doesn't mean she'll be back, Jiggs being back has an amazing chance of returning. Being apart of 3 smash brothers games, having a simple and set moveset, and being iconic to the franchise all is behind her back. If you think she isn't returning, you're crazy.
-:ness2:Ness. All I have to say is that... well, being apart of the original 12 and being an Earthbound rep pretty much guarantees his return. Plus, the return of the Mother series on VC and the little "Give us Mother 3" stunt at e3 is a pretty good indicator that Nintendo is reviving Mother in some fashion. I predict a Mother 1 + 2 + 3 being released, but that's not the point. Point is, I'm confident in Ness returning.
-:lucas:Lucas. The reason I see Lucas coming back is because of the revival of the Mother Series, and the debunking of Gematsu. Since Lucas is a rep of Mother 3, the more controversial and the most popular game in the Mother franchise, Lucas has a great chance of coming back, possibly being a bit changed up to be more customized from Ness.
-:rob:R.O.B. Ok... I don't see why people are saying that bobby is getting cut. ROBert is a pretty cool dude, with a customized moveset, being an oddity character, and being a rep of the Nintendo add-ons. I want him back, and I hope he is back. Bobby Hill was never my main, but he's too cool to disappear. But there's still a chance of him getting cut, but I doubt it right now.
-:popo:Ice Climbers. Ohhh boy. These two are a bit controversial in the Smash Bros series, considering Sakurai's statement of the duo being an issue on the 3ds version. The only thing I can see happening is the Ice Climbers being cut from ONLY the 3ds version, although they've said multiple times that the roster will be the same for both. I think by this point, the Ice Climbers have a good chance of returning.

-:gw: Mr. Game and Watch. THIS GUY IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IN SMASH BROTHERS *cough* Ok, now that I got that out of the way, I expect that the G dubs is going to return. He'll more than likely stay exactly the same, maybe with a buff here and there, like his N-Air returning to Melee and getting his PM Up Special. The Pac-Man trailer hinted at him, which is pretty much conformation of this guy coming back.

Phew, ok, that was a lot. Now then, to the Newcomers.

-King K. Rool. This guy is one of my favorite characters in the DK universe, besides Donkey himself and Funky. King K. Rool stands out from the other characters by being not a monkey. And this is a bit important, as the entire DK franchise is represented with only monkeys, even though there's many more kinds of characters in the series. Plus, this guy is pretty recognizable, and yes, he is owned by Nintendo and not Rare.

-Ridley. Ohhhh boy. The only reason I say this beast is in is because of the Ridley thread here on Smashboards. He'll be in, and I'm confident in it.

-Ganon. I want a new Zelda rep. But, I don't want it to be Ghirahim. The reason being is that he's a one time show. There's a chance he won't be in another game, not counting Hyrule Warriors. The reason I see Ganon being in is because, well, he's an iconic character, he's been in multiple big games to the franchise, and he would be a lot different from Ganondorf. And I really want Ganon in, because the pig dude is awesome.

-Isaac. I haven't gotten far in Golden Sun, but from what I know about Isaac, he has the potential for a crazy moveset, being completely controlled by his Psynergy. Plus, he can use the Psynergy of other characters, too. Continuity is not something Smash is known for.

-Masked Man. Like I've stated, the Mother series is coming back, and what better way to represent that than a new Mother character? Besides, the Masked Man could have an entirely different moveset, using his laser sword and lightning. He could also use moves based on the other villains of Mother 3. His alt could be him without the mask.

-Karate Joe. With the Gematsu leak debunked, it wasn't looking good for the Rhythm Heaven franchise. But, the sneaky spirit appearing in Smash Run is a pretty good sign of a RH rep. And, what better than a karate master who could use moves that work with the rhythm? All of his moves could work like Dancing Blade from Melee.

-Shulk. Ok, I'm not a fan of Xenoblade. I like Xenoblade, but I'm not a person who's actually played the game. I put him on here due to Xenoblade being a new Nintendo IP that, in all honesty, deserves a rep. And what better than Shulk? I wouldn't know, I haven't played Xenoblade.

-Ray. Custom Robo is an amazing series. Ray is a character from Custom Robo who has already appeared in the series as an AT. So, why not make him a character? He deserves it. And imagine the Gundam-styled moveset he could have!

PHEW. Ok, so, the cut characters are Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle. I feel like this is a good amount of characters, and in my opinion, is absolutely perfect.

Exate

Smash Journeyman
Well, I got bored.
The roster layout I made for both games was influenced based on the current "leaks," and some other hopeful characters on my part; this is basically a huge pipe dream, and the best possible result in my interests. I used the demo rosters as my reference in building these. This was fun, at the very least.

Wii U

3DS

EDIT: Realized I forgot to swap Greninja/Pikachu on the 3DS. Whoops.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

Here is my roster, and yes I know it is pretty big. I think this roster would pretty much make everyone happy, but if I had to cut it down I would cut out Paper Mario, Waddle Dee, Krystal, Duck hunt dog, and Ghirahim. I would still be extremely satisfied with the roster, but I think this roster would be almost perfect.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
:4mario::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4luigi::4link::4sheik::4zelda::4tlink::ganondorf::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4lucario::jigglypuff:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4fox::falco::wolf::4kirby::4dedede::metaknight::4dk::4diddy::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena:
:ness2::lucas::wario::gw::popo::4yoshi::4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4mii::4pacman::4megaman:
-Rhythm Heaven Rep- -Shulk- -Chibi Robo- -King K. Rool/Dixie- -Krystal-

Currently unknown newcomers: Rhythm Heaven rep, Shulk, King K. Rool OR Dixie (not both), Krystal, and Chibi Robo. This is both a mixture of my personal wishlist (Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven Rep) and who I think is the "most likely" at this point. I don't actually think we'll be getting 6 more newcomers, I think it's likely we'll see two or maybe three more, but these are the "top 6" newcomers that I want or believe are possible. In order of how likely I think they are, I'd probably say: DK Newcomer, Rhythm Heaven rep, Shulk, Krystal, Chibi Robo. I truly do not believe Mewtwo has much of a chance to come back.

Unconfirmed returning veterans: Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Falco, Wolf, Meta Knight, Ness, Luxas, Wario, G&W, Ice Climbers. I feel quite confident that all of these people will return. The most iffy, of these, is probably both Falco and Wolf returning instead of just one, but I still think they'll both be back since tradition generally doesn't lower series representation.

Cut veterans: Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, R.O.B. - I think it's safe to say that those first three are out of the equation for Smash 4. I think having only three cuts would be great, and I don't see anyone else who I would see as prime cut candidacy (except for some people already confirmed - like Ike), so my fourth cut is R.O.B. just because I think everyone else has a greater chance than him. I'm definitely not sure he's getting cut, though, I just don't see any better candidates from the remaining unconfirmed vets.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
7/17/14

Badish quality cause I made in paintbrush. Also, sorry for the odd design, kinda forgot about Rosalina...

So I decided that BJR would be a great addition especially with Shadow Mario and that paintbrush, he fits nicely with this game.I took an odd approach with LoZ, Ghiraham is added as the main villian, and Ganondorf was changed into the toon version... why? Here's why.Ok and I know DIddy and Dixie won't be a duo character, but I put it anyways because it would've been perfect. Still haven't decided if I want her in the game as a separate person so meh. KIngK is just beast, so there. Yoshi got the Babeh Bros. I always thought they fit nicely into the game, and would make a great duo character. Pikman was given Louie, I know he's kind of a clone but I sill love Louie :3 So that's pretty much my entire professional reason for him. I still think the three 3rd party characters are enough and no more should be added. Isaac is a character that finally needs recognition. He was too late for melee, and too early for brawl. So add him now. Shulk is a character 've never personally played as, but I see all positive things about him so there he is. I've decided to go with Dark Samus instead of Ridley, I just think he's too big. I know, size doesn't matter and whatnot but just my opinion. I added Hades to the Kid Icarus series. He just seems like the best smash character from that. Mother series was given Porky, I want him with his giant robot stuff, not normal fat kid. Well, maybe not giant, but yaknow. Ray from Custom Robo series is defiantly not a popular choice, but I think he would fit very nicely and I personally love the game myself. I added Waddle Dee, he could have more variety than just a harder hitting Kirby Clone without the specials (Knuckle Jo). Oh yea, and he's cuter :3 Added Krystal to Star Fox. Defiantly the best option for the series. Aaaand, Sceptile over Mewtwo AND Jigglypuff. The pokemon series is just too big to keep adding old people back. Have some variety! I would like to see Jiggs and/or Mew2 in a DLC though c:
That's it, thanks!

8/5/14

Made it look nicer :3 Also I removed and added quite a lot of characters. I don't have anyone that's deconfirmed.

I chopped off: Dixie, King K., Baby Bros, Louie, Dark Samus, Lucas, Porky, Lucas, and Ray.

I added: Chibi-Robo and Marshal.

Roster of 59 -> 53.

Ray, Baby Bros, King K, and Porky were removed because I decided I didn't want them. Dixie, Louie, and Lucas were just clones, so I dropped them. I think Wario, Ness, Falco, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Meta Knight will return. R.O.B will kinda be replaced with Chibi-Robo. I think Isaac, Marshall, Shulk, Chibi-Robo, Hades, Spear Waddle Dee, Bowser Jr., Krystal, and Sceptile will be remaining newcomers. Some of them won't get videos. I also think they're are no more 3rd party characters.
I'll up date it in time...

jfed8888

Smash Cadet

-55 characters in base game.
-10 DLC characters.
-34 veterans.
-32 newcomers + DLC.
-33 unique series.

Super Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina and Luma
Bowser

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Cranky Kong (DLC)

Yoshi's Island:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario
Jimmy T. (DLC)

The Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ganondorf
Toon Ganondorf

Metroid:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena

Kirby:
Kirby
King Dedede
Metaknight
Waddle Dee

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Lucario
Charizard
Greninja
Jigglypuff

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Lucina
Robin

Animal Crossing:
Villager

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Krystal

Earthbound/Mother:
Ness
Jeff

Pikmin:
Captain Olimar

Punch-Out:
Little Mac
Doc Louis (DLC)

Wii Fit:
Wii Fit Trainer

Rhythm Heaven:
Chorus Men

Excitebike:
Excitebiker

Ice Climber:
Ice Climbers

Gyromite:
R.O.B.

Wii/Mii:
Mii Fighters

Game and Watch:
Mr. Game and Watch

Duck Hunt:
Duck Hunt Dog

Sonic:
Sonic

Pac-Man:
Pac-Man

Mega Man:
Mega Man

Xenoblade:
Shulk (DLC)

Advance Wars:
Andy (DLC)

Chibi-Robo:
Chibi-Robo (DLC)

Splatoon:
Inkling (DLC)

Hanafuda:
Daitouryou (DLC)

Super Smash Bros:
Beta Fighter (DLC)

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

55. 58 with Miis.
This is where I'm at based on leaks and gut feelings. Miis swapping with the Random slot. I also really want Inklings.
Easy cuts are Anthony, Ganon, Bowser Jr, a Pokemon, Duck Hunt Dog... But I do think the roster will be over 50.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
EDIT: prediction - Aug 7, 2014

We're close to the release of the 3DS version of the game, so there aren't many newcomers left, but I want to put my prediction here anyway.

Veterans that will return:
Game & Watch
Ness
MetaKnight
Ganondorf
Wario
ROB
Wolf
Ice Climbers (Sakurai managed to make them working, simplifying Nana's AI)
Jigglypuff
Falco
Lucas
Mewtwo (will return with a modified moveset)

Clones will be back because Sakurai don't want to delude the fans of those characters, and at the same time, he won't modify the moveset too much because don't want they feel like new characters moveset-wise, they will feel familiar for the ones who mained them in the past.

Newcomers:
1 newcomer for each one of these franchises:
Kirby
Starfox
Zelda
Metroid
Earthbound
DK
+
new franchise
+
obscure franchise

Sakurai wants to please the fans of all the franchises by giving them at least 1 new rep, except for Pikmin and F-Zero.

Kirby:
Depends on how he will choice the characters.
-By relevance:
nobody, as all the most important character of the series are already in
-By relevance, considering some characters who appeared less often as well:
Adeleine
-By popularity:
Bandana Dee
-By his decision:
Chef Kawasaki or Marx (his creations, pretty recurring also)
The fight is hard between nobody, Bandana Dee and Adeleine to me, but I can also easily see him going mad and add Chef Kawasaki.

I'd say Adeleine, but it's very unpredictable, since people are convinced that Bandana Dee is surely in but I think his chances are a lot lower than what people think... I'm considering the fact that he may be in as Kirby's alternate skin, just like Galacta Knight over MetaKnight.
I see the bandana just as an indicator for the player that that generic waddle dee is an helper and won't hurt you, more than an element that differentiates the character from a generic mob, and I think Sakurai would think the same (he created the "character" in Kirby Superstar, and it wasn't really a character at the times, it was just a Waddle Dee with a minigame themed costume, like the japanese themed costumes in Samurai Kirby).
I know Adeleine is a bit unlikely, but I think this will be a sort of surprise character, unexpected by most.

Starfox:
Krystal. Heavily requested, original gameplay, not clone, the staff can be used as a spear and has special powers as well.

Zelda:
Really, it's hard to predict here. The most logical prediction would be Ganon, since he's very important to the series and he isn't represented yet (outside from the final smash of Ganondorf), but I think, for some reason, that Sakurai won't choice him. It's very possible that Tetra will be chosen because she represents the Toon counterpart of Zelda, and she's also a female character.
Since transforming characters aren't allowed in this Smash, Toon Zelda will not be part of the character and won't be in the game at all (or maybe, just as Tetra's final smash).

Metroid:
Ridley is a stage hazard. Ridley is the most important character apart of Samus, but he's not in. Anyway, a character needs to be added, and Sakurai will choice him from the last Metroid game. Even if Adam is more important and has a "role" in other Metroid games as well, he's a mysterious character, his presence is so inconsistent (purposely), as most of the time he is not present and he is only heard from radio conversations. I think that "not being present" is part of the character, and because of this, he won't be chosen. Sakurai will choice Anthony, and he will use the freezing beam, with plasma beam as final smash.
Anthony will represent the galactic federation. Sylux was the second option but was rejected, because he was planned to appear more (the cliffhanger at the end of Metroid Prime 3) but the project was never realized.
He will be the new Sheik (minor character who becomes recurring in Smash).

Earthbound:
Easy choice. Porky, who already appeared as boss in Brawl, this time will be upgraded as playable.

DK:
The fight is between Dixie and King K Rool. DK is a growing franchise, getting more and more sequels. Both King K Rool and Dixie Kong will be added, but Dixie is the one who has more priority.

New Franchise:
The new franchise will be Rhythm Heaven. This is also an hard choice, but at the end, the one who will be chosen is the one that's easier to adapt as a fighter in Smash, and has also appeared in each game of the trilogy: Karate Joe. This franchise, despite being released worldwide starting with the DS title, will be treated as a japanese franchise, kinda like Fire Emblem in Melee, and Sakurai will take most of the elements from the first game on GBA.

Obscure Franchise:
Two possible choice are avaliable, but due to the fact that Lip's Stick is an item (Lip from Panel de Pon), I'm going to say that Jill & Drill Dozer will be the next obscure character revived in Smash Bros. She was already an assist trophy back in Brawl, and she will be the second assist trophy transformed into playable, like Little Mac.
No retro characters this time, as most of them are represented as assist trophies; Pac-Man is the retro character of this generation.

Final list of newcomers:
Adeleine
Krystal
Tetra
Anthony
Porky
King K Rool
Dixie Kong

Karate Joe
Jill & Drill Dozer

36 characters announced + 12 veterans + 9 newcomers = 57 characters. A pretty large roster this time!

There is still room for 2 character, since I think that the final roster will have 59 characters + random icon.
12 x 5 grid

one of them will be Tabuu from Brawl. The first Smash specific character in the story of the series.
the second one could be either Paula or the Masked Man from Earthbound depending on if it's more important adding female characters or villains for Sakurai. Since I need to predict the exact roster, I'll say Paula has more chances as Porky already represents the villain character of Earthbound.

EDIT: prediction

1)

Today there was a big leak, with gameplay videos and all. The leak look legit, and it's most likely true.
But I want do another prediction; after all, even if it turns out to be wrong, I won't lose anything XD

The roster is the same that I already posted, with some cuts/changes.
No Tabuu
No Paula
No Jill
Falco is cut
Lucas is cut
or
no Tetra, no Anthony (Zero Suit Samus and Sheik considered as "newcomers" of the series)
Falco and Lucas not cut (I think this one is more likely).

54 characters total.

The leak is an awesome fake, made by some talented people with video editing and 3D modeling skills, who wanted to troll us through 4chan (not like it's the first time something like this happens on those boards).
Also, the leak uses a 6 x 9 grid (54 icons), and 54 can't be divided by 4 or 5, and you can't simply have 3 rows of 18 icons on screen in the WiiU version.

Reason why I modified the prediction: because there were too many characters. 54 are more likely.

2)

Another possibility, is the old roster (59 characters + random) with Isaac replacing Tabuu (Tabuu is still a secret boss in the game, like Crazy Hand).

60 is a good amount of icons for the grid, since you can do it 12 x 5 or switch it to 10 x 6 on the 3DS screen.
The funny thing is that 60 is more problematic for the WiiU version, since the 4 player slots are very big (at least in the E3 demo), and in order to make 60 icons fit in the space where they should be, you must shrink them so much that they hare hard to see (well, you can see them fine on an HD screen, but it's still awkward). Unless the demo screen is not final.

Yeah, F-Zero GX had a 11 x 5 grid (the last row had just 5 cars because of the gui, and the lateral columns were for the custom cars loaded from the memory cards) and it was on a not-HD/not-16:9 screen, it was perfectly clear (but on the other hand, there were no names under the car icons), so I think that on a WiiU (that forces 16:9 even on 4:3 monitors) it would be easy to add just a single column. The only problems are the names.

WiiU)

3DS)

I keep the 2) as main prediction, because the thing about switching the grid looks interesting.
The only character about who I'm not too sure is Paula... there are many character on a similar level of chances from the Mother series, it's hard to choice... Prince Poo also looks interesting.

In the worst scenario, the full roster has just 47+random characters, since 48 is the only possible number that can be switched in the 2 versions of the game (12 x 4 on WiiU, 8 x 6 on 3DS) other than 60.
In that case, we're just getting 2/3 newcomers and they're replacing some veterans. Just no -.-

EDIT: new prediction
With today's potd, Sakurai confirmed that the leak is true.

At this point, I don't want to predict anymore.
It's clear that Sakurai choses the characters with a biased logic: he gives more importance to characters who he likes more than how much important those characters are; also, he seems to not be interested in pleasing the fans of all franchises.

Proofs are that he continues putting NES characters ignoring other equally or more imporant characters (classic Ganon is the worst offender), he added Dark Pit while Dark Samus is just an assist trophy, and he added lots of Fire Emblem characters despite one of them being a clone, after saying that he did a full playthrough of the most recent Fire Emblem game.
He is the director, and he can do what he want, but this way it's obvious that you won't please all of your fans, but just a small part of them.
Even the stage selection is unbalanced, as whe have 3 "mushroom kingdom" stages that are very similar, in the same version of the game. Everything is unbalanced.

So really, there is no point in predicting the roster anymore, especially after all those clone characters being confirmed.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Here is my list:
Returning veterans
-Wario
-Ganondorf
-Meta Knight
-Falco
-Wolf
-Mewtwo
-Jigglypuff
-Ness
-Lucas
-R.O.B.
-Ice Climbers
-Mr. Game & Watch

Newcomers
-A DK-rep: To be honest, i dont care for new DK-rep but i think it is lkely we get one.
I would brefer Dixie but i also could see K.Rool.
-Ridley: I am NOT a fan of Ridley or Metroid. I dont love or hate im. But after all this teasing,
i doubt that he would be just a Stage Hazard. Besides i want to see Shokios face when
hes confirmed to be playable.
-Shulk: Do i have to explane this?
-Fiora: This one is probably the most unlikely but hear me out. Xenoblade is extremly popular and now with a Sequel on the way i could see them adding a second Xenoblade-character (of course we need Shulk first.) My main reason to include her is shes one of my favorite characters ever and she would be character barely anyone would saw coming. When Fire Emblem was introduced in Melee they had two reps (even though Roy was added late in development) so
i could see the same Thing Happening to Xenoblade. Im not going to act that shes a sho-in, shes not i know that. But if Xenoblade would get another character then her!

Besides i want another Newcomer that was not named by that stupid Gematsu-"Leak".

Its not the most realistic prediction i know. Im just VERY optimistic (thanks to the supporters in the Fiora-Thread.)

Attachments

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
August 9, 2014

august Roster.png

This is a slightly optimistic roster, but i view it as very possible. It is a 17 newcomer roster, which my sound like a lot but hear me out. Lucina, one of the newcomers, was originally a costume, and probably only took like an extra day or 2 of development time to make her a full character, so in my eyes its only a 16 newcomer roster, and i can easily see the same thing happening to dixie kong so thats 15.

Newcomers reasoning:

Dixie kong: Popular, another female, an easy clone/semi clone, may be in the same lucina situation.

King K. Rool: top 5 most requested characters, another villain, another Dk rep, kremlings, Heavyweight (none have been added so far), and so much moveset potential.

Isaac: He is one of the ones i feel to be the least likely on here but i think he should be in. Widely requested, assist trophy absent (so far)

Shulk: New IP with a sequel coming out, really popular, unique, might have been leaked (unlikely but i believe gematsu was going off of early info).

Duck Hunt Dog: I feel the least confident about him, but i would love to have another retro and he would be great. Almost everyone in the world of gaming knows about him.

Ridley: Constant teasing, shadow, most talked about character, one of the most requested, metroid needs more, another villain, went from cameo in 64 to slightly bigger role in melee to a boss in brawl. He keeps climbing up the ladder.

Now to some of the veterans:

Wario, ice climbers, meta knight, and ness I feel need no explanation.

Ganondorf: He will be back, its just a question of will he still be a clone. Sadly, i feel that Sakurai will not completely change his moveset, but i feel he will be changed a good amount. 100% chance of him being back, 45% chance of him being revamped

Lucas: Probably the most controversial character on here, he was not a full clone in Brawl only a semi clone. I don't understand all the people that have him cut but keep both falco and wolf. I think he will be back. 70% chance

Jigglypuff: Pros: Original 12, not a clone, popular within smash, series staple, a Pokemon that is not a bad*** humanoid character. Cons: A Pokemon that is not important whatsoever in its own series, not popular at all outside of smash, some may say its overstayed its welcome, has Mewtwo as competition if Pokemon only has 5 characters. I'd say it has a 90% of being in because it is in the original 12. I am indifferent though as long as Mewtwo gets in

Mewtwo: 2nd most popular Pokemon of all time, Most wanted character in the game, Sakurai received huge backlash when cut, Planned for all 3 games, debatably a villain, mega evolution, he has stayed relevant after all these years, has 3 movies 1 of them recently came out, 2 Mega evolutions, Was not a clone when cut and still would not be a clone although imo he should have some moveset changes. 90% chance.

Falco: in my opinion he was the biggest clone in brawl, but starfox needs more content and him being a clone did not stop him being cut going into brawl. I think every character that has appeared in at least 2 games should be back. 90% chance

Wolf: the way i see it falco=clone, Lucas=semi clone, wolf=slightly less of a clone than Lucas. 75% chance

Rob: well i'm not sure, on one hand he is really unique, but on the other hand he was not exactly a popular character. I'm indifferent, but i'd say he has a 60% chance

Game and watch: Only reason he is not 100% is because he was shown but not updated on the site, but still I will give him a 99% chance.

Cuts:

Squirtle and Ivysaur: They were not shown off with charizard, and they were really only in the game to be a part of the pokemon trainer. Maybe dlc

Snake: Well he has nothing really going for him, he could happen, but I dont see it happening.

Well that was my roster feel free to PM me your thoughts on it :)

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
4/22/2014

I'm ready to be judged and humiliated.

7/29/2014

Welp:

55 Chars (59 if counting Luma, 2 other Mii Fighters, and Nana). Also pointing out the most questionable choices:

GANONDORF
-Ganondorf gets a reboot. His moves are mostly new:
-Neutral is a projectile
-Down Special is his cape reflect
-Side Special is still the same
-Recovery is similar to R.O.B
-Standard attacks that weren't C. Falcon's stay and the changed moves and aerials consist of swords

ANDROSS

-Sized down and completes the Star Fox representation
-New Villain
-Glass Cannon type fighter
-Move set consists of zoning with projectiles (including his hands) and has a Neutral special that is Dedede's ihale move with a much longer range and Wario's bite and stronger bite damage
-New size class is introduced.
-Andross is the largest of the new size class (Ridley 2nd, K. Rool 3rd).
-Easy character to be comboed and grabbed due to his big size. Would most likely end up being mid-tier if not lower.

8/9/2014

Posting a roster based on the ESRB Leak.

I paired up the clones next to the characters they're based on:
- Daisy/Peach
- Impa/Sheik
- Galactica Knight/Meta Knight
- Lucina/Marth
- Slippy/Snake (this I want the most if Slippy is a clone. It makes so much sense compared to being a Fox clone)

I didn't realize I put Captain Falcon under Ganondorf. I believe Sakurai will change up Ganondorf some more this time around, as well as Lucas and Falco.

Mini Kangaroo is a newcomer that I never knew I wanted. She would be the oldest retro character, get the Pit treatment and have a redesign, a rep that played a major part in Nintendo's history and could have a move set with her using various Nintendo toys from the 70's. The Game Boy stage could be where you unlock her.

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053

I see this as the most likely roster. I have maintained the order of characters from the Wii U demo roster, since Brawl's demo was just the actual Brawl roster with characters removed and everyone shifted left and up to compensate. The total character count is an even 50; 15 newcomers and 35 veterans.

With the layout of the Wii U and 3DS demo rosters, it seems very likely that the Wii U version will have a roster that is 4 rows tall, as any more rows would cause the boxes to be too short (this is a widescreen game, the roster will logically move out from Brawl, not up and down). The 3DS roster, meanwhile, will likely maintain boxes the same size as the demo (6 wide x 4 tall on screen at a time), so that the boxes are big enough to navigate on a fairly small screen. This means the roster will likely scroll. The characters are in a different order than the Wii U version, so I imagine it doesn't scroll horizontally, as that would make it identical to the Wii U's roster layout. Thereofre, the 3Ds roster will probably scroll vertically (or it could be multiple pages you flip through, but the effect is the same) and having only 6 columns is quite likely. 48 spots is the only number which makes a perfect rectangular roster in both of these setups. Also, if you shrink the squares on the Wii U demo roster to fit a fourth row, without changing the height:width ratio, 48 spots is the most that can fit on the screen. Regarding Mii's, I think it would be very unusual if they took up a roster spot, but weren't playable online or with customization turned off. It wouldn't look very good to see a single spot missing or darkened out. As such, I'm betting they are in the customization menu, not the main roster. That menu won't appear online, so the Mii's won't be selectable, and the roster will still appear complete. Thus they are separate from the 47 normal characters here, totaling 50 fighters in all.

If every Brawl veteran were to return along with the 13 newcomers we already know about, that would put us at 52 characters, which is more than the roster seems to fit. Plus, we have to take into account Sakurai's Miiverse post that said we are "nearing the bottom of the stash" of newcomer videos, which indicates that there is at least one newcomer left. It would take 3 cuts to bring the roster down so that it can fit another newcomer and stay at 50 characters. The most obivous choices for cuts are Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake. That leaves just enough room for one last newcomer, to round out the full roster. Shulk is the hero of a critically acclaimed recent Nintendo game, and Nintendo is trying to promote the sequel to said game for Wii U, so he really is a shoo in.

I feel like there's a chance we might get more than one final newcomer, though, which would mean one more cut would be required to keep the roster at 50. My guess is either Wolf or Lucas will be cut for a second as-of-yet unannounced newcomer. I cut Lucas here just because the Mother series appears to be finished, and Wolf is arguably less clone-y than Lucas. The addition of Dixie Kong makes the Mario/Mario-spinoff/Metroid characters fit on the top row of the roster without just putting a random character in the middle, and she had some code in Brawl, so I think she's as good a candidate as any to nab the last spot.

There, blamo.

EDIT: Also, as a note, the presence of Greninja to the left of Pikachu in the Wii U demo roster indicates to me that the most iconic characters of various franchises will line the right and left sides of the roster, rather than always making the main character the leftmost spot. So here Mario, Link, Fox, Game & Watch, Samus (granted, Zero-Suit), Kirby, and Pikachu line the ends.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
7/18/2014

:4mario::4dk::4link::4fox::4luigi::4falcon::4yoshi::4kirby::4pikachu::4samus::ness2::jigglypuff::4peach::4bowser::4diddy::falco::popo::mewtwopm::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4marth::warioc::4dedede::metaknight::4lucario::4charizard::4myfriends::4tlink::4olimar::4pit::4zss::4wiifit::lucas::rob::gw::4littlemac::rosalina::4greninja::4lucina::4robinm::4megaman::4mii::4palutena::4pacman::4villager::4sonic: :substitute::substitute:
I am expecting this is Mewtwo comes back. Other two newcomers that are not from the Gematsu leak or any of that. I don't expect much.

8/17/2014

:4bowser::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4zss::4zelda::4yoshi::4wiifit::4villager::4tlink::4sonic::4sheik::4samus::rosalina::4robinm::4pit::4pikachu::4peach::4pacman::4palutena::4olimar::4mii::ganondorf::falco::jigglypuff::warioc::rob::ness2::popo::gw::substitute::substitute:

I think this is the second time I do this, but I'll do it again after thinking more and now that Broken Knight is back. Honestly I didn't have any character expectations to begin with, and I wanted Sakurai to surprise me, and he has done it. Unless you bring up Pacman screw Pacman. He really broke new ground on not putting Chrom in, and I going to say it, he did right and rendered the "logical choice" excuse bull.... and thank God he killed the Gematsu leak. Sakurai said he still had some newcomer videos so for playing it safe I'll say it's two. There is no question that Ness, Jiggly, Ganon,Wario, Grab Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch are returning. R.O.B is unique so why not, he saved Nintendo of America so kids, leave him alone. Lucas, I don't know, but Ness is more liked anyways. Still suspisious about Snake, but he is probably cut. Nobody cares about Squirtle and Ivysaur, people only liked using Charizard, they are gone. As of those newcomers.... Mario does NOT need other character, Toad sucks and is Peach's N-Special and DON'T YOU DARE bring the stupid Alfonzo meme. Bowser Jr represents nothing, nuff said. Dr. Mario as an alt. is fine. Dixie? No thanks. DK and Diddy represent enough. StarFox, Falco likely returns, don't know about Wolf, I could care less about him, and not many normal people care about Krystal, but I wouldn't mind if she is in. Too much controversy with StarFox, I'll let Sakurai talk. Zelda doesn't need anyone, they are fine, and facing it, nobody cares about Impa. Pokemon is a total mess, Mewtwo is not a bad idea but again too much controversy, Sakurai will decide his fate. Lucina is our new Roy, and has more interesting character than him. If you supported Roy for Smash 4, and didn't play Fire Emblem 6, go to Coolrom.com and download Fire Emblem 6, you will HATE Roy. Fire Emblem is fine. Wario and Yoshi don't need anyone, they are Mario characters in the core. Ridley is too big and was deconfirmed centuries ago. Kirby is perfect. Chorus Kids, man, boys, or however the hell they are called can sleep with the fish, they are ********. Also, just because Lucina is a clone DOESN'T mean there should be more clones, this is NOT Melee, so stop with the argument "this character could be a clone of the other one because Lucina this..." Black Shadow? No, Captain Falcon is enough. DON'T YOU DARE bringing up Tails, Protoman and any other thinrd party, this is NOT Nintendo VS Sega or Nintendo VS Capcom, Rock, Sonic and Pacman are SPECIAL GUESTS, and adding all those third parties would take out all what makes them SPECIAL GUESTS. If you really want to play with Sonic characters, play Smash Flash or hack textures, but leave Smash 4 alone. If you want to play Zero or Ryu, play Marvel VS Capcom. I'll let Sakurai talk about those said last newcomers, and this is my safest bet of the veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom