• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
This thread gets the weirdest topics sometimes... Which reminds me, episode 15 of Kill la Kill is out! Woot!

Anyways I saw that Panel de Pon was among the first games in Japan to be released for the Wii U's Virtual Console and was also previously on the Wii's VC as well:

Do you guys think this helps her chances any? I'm hopeful that in the event she does get in Smash we'll see a western VC release of Panel de Pon (translated or not) to promote her character. Especially since Nintendo can't re-release Tetris Attack due to the Tetris brand unless they take the time to modify the game. It kinda makes me wonder where the series would be today had it not received so many re-brands back in the day.
Lip is my choice for a random retro character slot. A character who's move set is completely based off of a puzzle game would be very interesting. If there is a western release of the first Panel de Pon, Nintendo has already localized it as "Puzzle League" like so:

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
the Dixie in your avatar looks unnaturally fixated on Palutena
Hahaha, I just noticed everyone in my sig is staring with hostile intent at Palutena, who has a smug look on her face. :laugh:
Completely unintentional though, I swear!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
The sexiest Icon goes for me, nothing could beat Holly Summers.

Tin Star is owned by Nintendo (I send a tweet to the creator of him if he still had the rights for the character and he write back that is Nintendo owned).

Possible new characters that have chances to make it playable:

Little Mac
Mii
Pac-Man
Palutena
Ridley
Mewtwo
Dixie or King K. Rool

.n_n.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This thread gets the weirdest topics sometimes... Which reminds me, episode 15 of Kill la Kill is out! Woot!

Anyways I saw that Panel de Pon was among the first games in Japan to be released for the Wii U's Virtual Console and was also previously on the Wii's VC as well:

Do you guys think this helps her chances any? I'm hopeful that in the event she does get in Smash we'll see a western VC release of Panel de Pon (translated or not) to promote her character. Especially since Nintendo can't re-release Tetris Attack due to the Tetris brand unless they take the time to modify the game. It kinda makes me wonder where the series would be today had it not received so many re-brands back in the day.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif
Such deep thoughts.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Roy is OUR boy,who the hell is paying for child support?

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Lip is my choice for a random retro character slot. A character who's move set is completely based off of a puzzle game would be very interesting. If there is a western release of the first Panel de Pon, Nintendo has already localized it as "Puzzle League" like so:
I meant an "import" Virtual Console version of the SNES Panel de Pon like when we got Puyo Puyo Tsuu, Sin & Punishment, Mario Bros. 2 (Japan), etc. The western release of Panel de Pon was localized as Tetris Attack and replaced Lip with Yoshi. The Tetris CEO regrets this:
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-09-tetris-ceo-regrets-tetris-attack--134733.phtml

Since Nintendo isn't allowed to use the name Tetris Attack anymore, US/Europe has not gotten a Virtual Console release of it yet. We did get the N64 sequel on the Wii VC though due to the Puzzle League name being used instead.

Morbi

Scavenger
Equally?

How could this happen? Teach us your zen ways so Chrom and Roy fans may unite in peace.
You can't teach peace, it is an inherent quality that you are born with. I can try to emanate this peace and see if it starts to rub off on people in the same way Ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr. did. But ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Yes, I do support them equally. Anything that happens will result in a content Morbid.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So I wrote a ****ing essay and all you have to say is pretty much 'I have my reasons, in a place, plus other things'

Not seeing this as a debate-worthy topic anymore. You're bringing nothing.
Aww, do I have to quote it. But I'm tired!
Fine, here you go.

Counter Arguments Towards Vaati
Why should Vaati be in before the likes of Ghirahim or Zant?
Vaati should be in before them as he has not been a one-time only villian, like the above have been. Vaati has appeared in 3 games being the major villian in Minish Cap and Four Swords and 2nd only to Ganon in Four Swords Adventures. He also still has a good amount of popularity left in him, being the 2nd most wanted Zelda character.

Vaati hasn't appeared in a long time, he shouldn't be in the next Smash!
Neither has K.Rool or Marth in Melee. Also so you know, Marth isn't considered the mascot of FE in Japan either. Megaman also hasn't appeared in a long time yet, he has made it into SSB4, so being recent doesn't mean much. Even if you argue against them, Vaati has been in Minish Caps anniversary edition and Four Swords 3DS ambassador.

He's most likely won't ever be seen again!
Vaati actually has a large chance of reappearing again thanks to his large timeline influence, and being known by Ganondorf. Also, every time the 4-Sword is pulled out, this releases Vaati, so he could very well appear again.
In the official time-line there is a big gap between 4-swords and 4-swords adventures which means he could reappear in that timeline again. He also could appear in the other 2 timelines, as he was not defeated in those timelines yet, which leads me to believe that Vaati could be in Zelda U, which may be multiplayer, and Vaati fits a very good role for that game, especially if they use 4 Link's again. He could also be in Hyrule Warriors as his artstyle seems like it would fit pretty well in the game and he could be used as a boss in it too, probably even the final boss if Ganondorf doesn't appear in it.

He has never fought in his normal form!
We may have never seen Vaati fight in his normal form, but he shows that he can when he teleports and pushes opponents away with his magic. Most of his moves in his other forms can also be easily incorporated into his human form and it wouldn't look awkward, especially most of his moves from the Vaati reborn form, which looks almost just like his normal form, only taller and more features on him.
Impa and Tingle would be better character than Vaati!
These 2 characters are probably the biggest threat to Vaati, however Impa hasn't appeared as an actual person who could fight very often and wasn't that important in very many either besides from her usual starting you on your quest. The only games where she could actually pull some important potential is in OoT, which Sheik was actually a bigger character in, and Skyward Sword which is probably the only version of Impa that is actually important to the story as a whole and could actually fight, at least in her younger form.
Now compare this with Vaati. In all of the games Vaati has been in, he was very important. He was either the main villian or the secondary villian only to Ganon himself. Vaati's importance was also in 3 games, unlike Impa who was only majorly important in one and was overshadowed by Sheik in the other, while not having very important roles in the other few Zelda games she's been in. Impa would also probably fight alot like Sheik but Vaati is almost impossible to make a clone.

Tingle doesn't have too much importance to the Legend of Zelda and about half of his appearances are as cameos. In the games he is important in he either only sells you maps or fuse kinstones. Tingle makes most of his importance in his spin-off games and if we were to count those, than Tingle would be counted as a spin-off character than an actual Zelda character.

Nintendo doesn't seem to like him, as his games were also co-created with Capcom.
If Nintendo didn't like Vaati, wouldn't it seem weird that they used Minish Cap as a 3DS ambassador and gave 4-Swords an anniversary edition? Also, Four Swords Adventures wasn't made by Capcom, yet Vaati was in it.

Vaati's games aren't well liked and weren't very advertized!
Vaati's games are actually well liked by the public, being very highly acclaimed. Four Swords Adventures was ranked the 48th best game ever made on a Nintendo system by Nintendo power and received an 86 out of 100 from Metacritic. It was also the 3rd best selling game of June 2004 in North America, with 155,000 units and has since sold 250,000 copies and sold 127,000 units in Japan. Minish Cap was also very highly acclaimed. It was named the 20th best GBA game in an IGN feature, and was selected as the 2005 GBA game of the year by Gamespot.

andimidna

Smash Master
Can we all agree I have the best picture here? All your guys' are colorful pictures, mine is so unique. And mine has the best character, ? for smash!

PS: I haven't learned how to do much of anything on a forum yet. But i thought I'd be able to figure out how to make a profile icon, nope.

I learned this though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can we all agree I have the best picture here? All your guys' are colorful pictures, mine is so unique. And mine has the best character, ? for smash!

PS: I haven't learned how to do much of anything on a forum yet. But i thought I'd be able to figure out how to make a profile icon, nope.

I learned this though.
***** please,Ludicolo is top tier.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Probably the best Assist Trophy in the game. I mean, did you see that start-up? Phantom is already out and attacking before the 15 second animation is done. Pretty crazy if you ask me.
Sakurai can edit character animations for photos if he wants. Better explanation than being part of her move set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom