• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im already bracing myself for the worst, brawls roster made me realize that sakurai will not make all our dreams come true, and its possible that will remain true.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Nah.... I will believe it only if Toad suddenly becomes playable... and we all know how impossible he is. Toad cannot get in Smash because he is too impossible.
But that just confirms Sakurai turned into you, not Blue. Or me. Or Pacack. Or Berserker01.

Toad cannot get in Smash because no one can decide who the **** "Toad" is.
Aside from that, Koopa Troopa is much better. :troll:
We've been through this; he is everyone and it is Glorious. Don't make me break out the second best roster as stated by lonekonwolf.

(although Captain Toad seems like the actual proper answer if you want a real one, like some lame person. Although Koopa Troopa is kinda cool.)

Imagine a world where Ridley and King K. Rool are not playable in SSB4 but a Labrador Retriever is... it could actually happen. :troll:
Okay THAT confirms Sakurai's turned into Blue.

D

Deleted member

You people don't seriously think Nintendog is going to be playable, do you?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And Palutena is only a sticker. :troll:
And we get Miis as playable characters!!!!

A generic but customizable Mii who is your avatar... and a team of Wandering Heroes from Find Mii. We do have that 3DS stage... :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Are we really talking about Ridley being too big now? I'd like to one day have a discussion about the Space Dragon that doesn't involve his size.

What if Cranky Kong and Dark Samus get confirmed instead. :troll:
Mild disappointment. I really like Dark Samus. Just not as much as Ridley.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
And we get Miis as playable characters!!!!

A generic but customizable Mii who is your avatar... and a team of Wandering Heroes from Find Mii. We do have that 3DS stage... :troll:
Ooh, or we get a triple team of the prince, princess and ruler.

D

Deleted member

Im already bracing myself for the worst, brawls roster made me realize that sakurai will not make all our dreams come true, and its possible that will remain true.
Brawl's roster included plenty of fan favorites and some unexpected twists.
I expect the same here.

Expecting the worst would be expecting no fan favorites and a bunch of unexpected twists that no one would like.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Toad cannot get in Smash because no one can decide who the **** "Toad" is.
Aside from that, Koopa Troopa is much better. :troll:
Nah man. You got it all wrong. Shy Guy is where it's at. Propeller Hat, Spear, Sets himself on fire. He even has stilts, you can't be that :troll::shyguy:

D

Deleted member

We already have reason for them to do so.
So yeah, PETA isn't that much of a worry.

However, there is fine line between Nintendog and other animals in Smash, which would be upsetting to other, non-PETA people.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Brawl's roster included plenty of fan favorites and some unexpected twists.
I expect the same here.
Expecting the worst would be expecting no fan favorites and a bunch of unexpected twists that no one would like.
True, but theres going to be at least one big timer that for whatever reason we probably wont get, and people will lose it. I just didnt like the final revealed brawl characters myself, i guess maybe im keeping wild dreams and hype to a lower extent than previously.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You people don't seriously think Nintendog is going to be playable, do you?
Well, there's that picture...

He said they wouldn't get in if it doesn't seem plausible for them to fight... he said "plausible"... he didn't say "impossible" but he did say Ridley would be pretty impossible *laughs*... so... like the Villager said...

in case Nintendog is a newcomer and Ridley is a stage hazard. :troll:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
What heavy-weight newcomer potentials do we have?

The obvious ones that come to mind are King K. Rool and Ridley. Are there anymore?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
True, but theres going to be at least one big timer that for whatever reason we probably wont get, and people will lose it. I just didnt like the final revealed brawl characters myself, i guess maybe im keeping wild dreams and hype to a lower extent than previously.
A lot of people didn't. I think the removal of Mewtwo, a veteran, was such a large shock that when people saw the final Roster and saw...well ROB on there with Toon Link and Wolf they could barely believe it. Maybe it left a bitter taste in their mouth. No one expected any cuts last time, which shook us up.

This time we've experienced them so we're more mentally prepared...although admittedly so far our newcomers(sans Megaman) aren't big namers like Ridley, K. Rool or Mewtwo would be.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What heavy-weight newcomer potentials do we have?

The obvious ones that come to mind are King K. Rool and Ridley. Are there anymore?
Other than those two? Palutena is a popular choice here. King Hippo, if we got someone along Little Mac. Black Shadow, while not super likely, could be a heavy weight fighter. Same for Samurai Goroh.

EDIT: Thought of another one, Black Knight could be a heavy hitter too. Most of these choices are villains though.

Ganon, the trident wielding beast. No one seems to give a crap about him, despite wielding an epic weapon.
We already have Ganondorf that's why. Geez....

D

Deleted member

He said they wouldn't get in if it doesn't seem plausible for them to fight... he said "plausible"... he didn't say "impossible" but he did say Ridley would be pretty impossible *laughs*
He never said Ridley was "pretty impossible".
Those who say otherwise have poor context comprehension.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Ganon, the trident wielding beast. No one seems to give a crap about him, despite wielding an epic weapon.
People don't care because:
  1. Already in smash as Ganondorf's Fianl Smash.
  2. Would rather have the moves on Ganondorf
  3. Other reasons.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As someone earlier was saying, I think the newcomers will be a mix of casual and hardcore. Mewtwo is basically recognizable by both crowds, and I would say WFT, Villager, and Rosalina are a bit of the casual scene.

There is still plenty of room for hardcore characters. For all we know, we may get 12 characters, with only 4 shown so far. That leaves room for hardcore guys like K.Rool, Ridley, Shulk...or at least characters the casuals wouldn't be as familiar with.

Ideally that's what Sakurai should be looking for. A mix of both. Get them interested by the characters they know, and keep them interested with the characters that they learn about.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I'm hoping for more de confirmations, either by assist trophy or trophy.
Question to you guys. Would you rather see your favorite be de confirmed through a pic of the day, or go into the game when it releases, unlock everything, and then see that they're not playable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom