• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ehhhh.... No penis discussion guys~

Anyways, I approve of 3rdKoopa's roster. :laugh: (especially because it has no Impa. :smirk:)

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Ehhhh.... No penis discussion guys~

Anyways, I approve of 3rdKoopa's roster. :laugh: (especially because it has no Impa. :smirk:)
Ah. Didn't notice that. :smirk:

----
I wouldn't mind Impa, but only if she doesn't replace Shiek, is a standalone character, and isn't a clone or semi-clone of Shiek.

As for SSB4, I don't think she's likely, though. Maybe in a Smash Bros game with a bigger roster and more Zelda slots to spare.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I was so quiet guys, I was just off watching some Slender fear plays and heard miss Deaddoll put my new long @ss theory on her next one.
*Finishes watching it and comes back to hearing all this penis talk*
You guys too, huh?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sorry I was so quiet guys, I was just off watching some Slender fear plays and heard miss Deaddoll put my new long @ss theory on her next one.
*Finishes watching it and comes back to hearing all this penis talk*
You guys too, huh?
Nothing like watching people play Slender or Amnesia: The Dark Descent when you're looking for a good laugh. :joyful:

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
sorry, should have put an explanation with it. jiggs could come back but i think shell be super low priority. sheriff is a place holder for whatever retro gets thrown in. i dont think its going to be takamaru though. i dont think the last third parties are going to make it back. and im only expecting 45 of these guys but i wanted the roster to be squared. cant help you with the ike thing. i just feel like hes gone.

edit: and mewtwo wil have two forms

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Im ready for the ****. what do you all think?

Love how you have Lyn, but no Ike?
For some reason he's the only cut I really notice, showing that I'm ok with third parties going, anyways, only Ike and Jiggs need to be added.
I feel like having Starfy, Chibi, and Sheriff, all together, is a bit much, but that's my personal preference.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
personally i think chrom is coming in but hes so similar to ike that i think hes going to steal his moveset. that will leave lyn to take the international title.

rutilant_homie

Smash Rookie
Any chance that mega man's appearance means more than one capcom character? It seems like it would be easier to obtain the rights to their IPs than those of other, highly requested third party series

Actually, my guess is that there will be more third parties than anyone expects.

From Capcom, Mega man and a Street Fighter newcomer (my guess is Chun Li)

From Konami, Snake returns and Simon Belmont (another NES-era OG) joins.

From Sega, Sonic will return, maybe Tails

From Namco, I think we might see an unexpected newcomer, Pac-man comes off more as an AT/stage, What about Dig Dug?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Any chance that mega man's appearance means more than one capcom character? It seems like it would be easier to obtain the rights to their IPs than those of other, highly requested third party series

Actually, my guess is that there will be more third parties than anyone expects.

From Namco, I think we might see an unexpected newcomer, Pac-man comes off more as an AT/stage, What about Dig Dug?

Hi welcome to the forums!

I don't think more than 1 character PER third party will get in, but it would be awesome!

For a 2nd SEGA rep I'd go with Vectorman. :D

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Dig Dug would be pretty interesting actually. He'd probably be one of my mains.

I personally doubt they'll have more than one character from each third party.

And I almost forgot, welcome to the Smashboards. :grin:

rutilant_homie

Smash Rookie
Normally, I wouldn't think it likely that there would be second third party characters, but Nintendo is running low on "definitive" characters from their own franchises.

If only eight more new characters from Nintendo were revealed, namely:

Ridley
Dixie Kong
King K Rool
Lil Mac
Isaac
Toad
Palutena
Chrom

Would a majority of gamers even notice a difference?
I'm not trying to say there won't be curveballs of obscure additions; Saki, Lip, Takamaru, Shulk and Skapon seem to have good chances, but those types of characters don't scream front of the box the way Chun Li or Tails do.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well Sakurai has mentioned his lack of interest in overdoing 3rd party characters, so I don't think we'll see too many characters in that vein just yet.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Got a random question for you all;

How would you feel if Captain Rainbow got on the roster and incorporated all of the 'forgotten' Nintendo characters within his game as either a Final Smash, or the ability to call upon them for various attacks?

Probably wouldn't include Little Mac who has had somewhat of a revival and probably will get in as a Punch Out Rep regardless. Takamaru can come alone too.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

How would you feel if Captain Rainbow got on the roster and incorporated all of the 'forgotten' Nintendo characters within his game as either a Final Smash, or the ability to call upon them for various attacks?

Probably wouldn't include Little Mac who has had somewhat of a revival and probably will get in as a Punch Out Rep regardless. Takamaru can come alone too.

Well I'd burn like mad that
1.- A rival Yoyo user got in
2.- In his game of forgotten characters, THE most forgotten character of all wasn't in there.
3.- The very same character I'm referring to in points 1 and 2 wouldn't be in the FS either.
4.- That would mean Little Mac is part of someone else's Final Smash, and that's NO good!

... but on the other hand, it'd be kinda cool having another sentai-hero like character to rival Captain Falcon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not even Captain Rainbow remembered Muddy Mole or Mach Rider...

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman

I've got a random question too. Is this Korean song better than Gangnam Style?

(sorry, just haven't seen one random funny post on this page yet)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hi I made roster (again)

- Anna could be replaced with any Fire Emblem character (Chrom / Lucina / Roy / etc.)
- Mach Rider could be replaced with any Retro character (Takamaru / Muddy Mole / Sheriff / etc.)
- Characters separated from the larger list are transformation charactes
- Characters in the smaller slots are Alternate costumes (Still subject to change for some)

feel free to share your opinion of it

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hi I made roster (again)

- Anna could be replaced with any Fire Emblem character (Chrom / Lucina / Roy / etc.)
- Mach Rider could be replaced with any Retro character (Takamaru / Muddy Mole / Sheriff / etc.)
- Characters in the smaller slots are Alternate costumes (Still subject to change for some)

Seems like a fair roster to me.

My only personal issue with it is that it lacks Dixie Kong and Krystal, but you can't have everybody, and I don't know enough about Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, or Xenoblade to question or criticize them.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hi I made roster (again)

I like it, and would LOVE it to be a reality, but I think it's a bit large...

I'd probably remove Shulk and Mii.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Thanks for the feedback you two.

My only personal issue with it is that it lacks Dixie Kong and Krystal, but you can't have everybody, and I don't know enough about Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, or Xenoblade to question or criticize them.
I'm pretty sure that we're either going to get K. Rool or Dixie, my preference is just K. Rool.

As for Krystal, I see no reason to add another Star Fox character to the game. So that's why she isn't there.

I like it, and would LOVE it to be a reality, but I think it's a bit large...

I'd probably remove Shulk and Mii.
Noted, but I would personally cut Isaac imo. Shulk just makes so much sense to me after Project Rainfall's success. Isaac is cool and all, but I'd honestly prefer to see Shulk (I would really be disappointed if we didn't get a character that was created after Brawl).

But yeah I think I'll make those changes to my next version of the roster.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Hi I made roster (again)

My only issue with the roster is Anna. Awakening should easily take priority. My personal choice would be the Tactician because it rivals Chrom in terms of importance, is a hell of a lot more interesting than Chrom, and uses Magic as well as a sword. Great job!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also, AEM, a minor nitpick, but would you mind changing Ike's artwork in your roster?

I just... hate the Awakening DLC look. :/

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
My only issue with the roster is Anna. Awakening should easily take priority. My personal choice would be the Tactician because it rivals Chrom in terms of importance, is a hell of a lot more interesting than Chrom, and uses Magic as well as a sword. Great job!
I was considering Robin, but I picked Anna mostly because of how she's in basically every game. I'll look more into it later, though.

Also, AEM, a minor nitpick, but would you mind changing Ike's artwork in your roster?
I just... hate the Awakening DLC look. :/
I was deciding if I wanted to keep Marth's 2D Artwork or make him 3D, since I want every character from the same franchise to match, I didn't finish doing that yet but if I don't go 3D after all I'll change it if it really bothers people.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Hi I made roster (again)

Really like it, especially considering your comments. The only extra character I would have added would be Pac Man, but looking at your roster it's hard to really cut anyone based on how balanced it seems. So props for that!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hi I made roster (again)

Among the best I've seen.

Only things I find iffy are Anna and Tetra but they would be welcome if they got in.

9.8/10

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Here's mine again. (I think. It wasn't showing up earlier).

Basically:
- you can swap Chrom out for your Fire Emblem rep of choice. However he is mine because I see him as the most likely and he is my choice.
- you can swap Dixie in for K.Rool if you prefer. I'm starting to think that she will get in over him, but I still like K.Rool too much.
- as soon as I get my own laptop back, I'm going to add a list with icons of characters that I probably won't include on my roster, but I could absolutely see getting in. Those characters are: Alph (Pikmin 3) Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)...and several more to come once I remember who else I thought would get in.

The only characters I would cut out of this roster would be Jigglypuff, and Toon Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom