• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If it was successful and spawned a sequel, I bet Krystal could have. Wasn't she a cat before StarFox was merged with Dinosaur Planet?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Okay so she was but if Dino-sour Planet was it's own thing and got popular it'd probably get a character, but Nintendo would have had to gain the rights.

The rep would be that guy I posted, Sabre. Unless someone else was the main character.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
If it was successful and spawned a sequel, I bet Krystal could have. Wasn't she a cat before StarFox was merged with Dinosaur Planet?
Yup she was a cat, here is her bio page:

I don't think she was but if Dino-sour Planet was it's own thing and got popular it'd probably get a character, but Nintendo would have had to gain the rights.

The rep would be that guy I posted, Sabre. Unless someone else was the main character.
Krystal would be the rep, she was planned to be the main character. Sabre just played a supporting role.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The big franchises don't need new reps! Mario doesn't need five (and let's be honest there's no one any where near as important as the big four in there already) when there's plenty of new and under-developed franchises in Smash to explore.

In fact, new question, which new franchises do you think will receive the most love in the new games? They don't have to have a new character, but maybe even a stage, items, trophies etc. I'm thinking along the lines of maybe Animal Crossing in Brawl. Personally I think Xenoblade needs something. Preferably Shulk but a stage would also be incredible.

Hopefully Sakurai is aware of this. :D

I want NEW franchises in SSB4, don't care if new, recurring, or retro and forgotten. I just think we've had enough out of the most typical famous ones.

Wasn't sakurai like pretty much satisfied with Brawl's roster? Hence why I believe he can put nothing but 100% new blood in SSB4.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Basically before Starfox Adventures had Fox in it, it was a game called Dinosaur planet. Much of the game assets were carried over into Adventures.

Something to add:

Dinosaur Planet was planned for the N64 and was 512 MB. It ran on the same engine LoZ: OoT did, so that's why Star Fox: Adventures plays like a Zelda game. Krystal was the main character and Sabre played a supporting role. They were both cats and had Dinosaur sidekicks. Before release Nintendo heard the rumors of Rare being bought out so they ordered it to be changed to a Star Fox game so they could keep the rights.

So because of the last minute change Dinosaur Planet became Star Fox: Adventures and came out for the Game Cube. Where it wasn't as spectacular because if it would have been on the N64 it would have had one of the best graphics at the time, but it didn't on the GameCube.

Gune

Smash Lord
Something to add:

Dinosaur Planet was planned for the N64 and was 512 MB. It ran on the same engine LoZ: OoT did, so that's why Star Fox: Adventures plays like a Zelda game. Krystal was the main character and Sabre played a supporting role. They were both cats and had Dinosaur sidekicks. Before release Nintendo heard the rumors of Rare being bought out so they ordered it to be changed to a Star Fox game so they could keep the rights.

So because of the last minute change Dinosaur Planet became Star Fox: Adventures and came out for the Game Cube. Where it wasn't as spectacular because if it would have been on the N64 it would have had one of the best graphics at the time, but it didn't on the GameCube.
The more you know...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Luigi's grab could be changed to the vacuum. Only the nozzle can count as grabbing someone, but it has a sucking in wind effect like Ganondorf's terrible Up tilt.

His throws could involve reversing the vacuum and projecting the enemy in a direction as well as spewing ghosts as projectiles. Making it a good throw in free-for-alls.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
How about we get rid of Green Missile? It's basically Skull Bash, so it'd be the better move to remove.
THAT'S HIS COOLEST MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN TELL PIKACHU TO GO **** HIMSELF AND LEARN A DIFFERENT ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!! :luigimelee:

Besides that's become a signature ability for him, he even had it in Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Winter Games. :luigi64:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
THAT'S HIS COOLEST MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN TELL PIKACHU TO GO **** HIMSELF AND LEARN A DIFFERENT ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!! :luigimelee:

Besides that's become a signature ability for him, he even had it in Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Winter Games. :luigi64:
True, I'd rather have Pikachu learn Iron Tail, but judging from one of Pika's pics on the dojo, it seems that he's kept Skull Bash, so... yeah. :/

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
True, I'd rather have Pikachu learn Iron Tail, but judging from one of Pika's pics on the dojo, it seems that he's kept Skull Bash, so... yeah. :/
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai changed Fludd to Galaxy Spin and maybe changed some other currently unchanged moves............but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't :glare:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
As much as I prefer the cyclones and want them to come back as a Galaxy Spin, having the Poltergust as a reverse Fludd clone makes a crap ton of sense. He needs the Poltergust in his move set. Although they could just implement it as a grab.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Just finished watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfQbUWLKje0

So if Star Fox didn't take over Dinosaur planet and it became it's own game, or even series, would you think Dinosaur Planet Krystal would warrant a spot on the Smash roster?

http://rareminion.com/dp.html - Look under character bios and then click Krystal, she looks a lot different.

Discuss...
Thank you so much for that, I was curious about SFA on why it was so different as a Star Fox game, but I never knew it was meant to be a different game altogether. Kinda wish they did leave it as Dinosaur Planet now...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I personally want it to replace his neutral B fireball. Then it'd make more sense for the special to be aimable!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Thank you so much for that, I was curious about SFA on why it was so different as a Star Fox game, but I never knew it was meant to be a different game altogether. Kinda wish they did leave it as Dinosaur Planet now...
I know right? It actually looks a lot better. Look at the trailers and stuff as well.

D

Deleted member

If Dinosaur Planet wasn't turned into Star Fox, then Krystal's "warrant for Smash" rating would be a flat 0% right now. (But her overall likability would be close to 100% since she wouldn't have been a Base Breaking Ms. Furry Fanservice.)

She'd have been one of two main protagonists of a franchise that would now be owned by Microsoft and would either have nothing new be done with it or be completely ruined like Banjo was.

...I'm not trying to be biased here.
To make that clear, I will say that if Nintendo SOMEHOW would have kept Dinosaur Planet when Rare was bought out, then yes, she may have warranted a Smash spot in the hypothetical situation of the game not turning into Star Fox. Though it really depends on how well received the game would have been, if the franchise continued, and the popularity/requests of Sabre vs. Krystal (though that would probably be null at THIS point, as they might both have been in by now).

Gune

Smash Lord
If it was I dont think people would hate crystal like they do now...

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind them replacing Luigi's down B, but how would the Poltergust work? Like F.L.U.D.D or maybe suck the enemy in and push them out upon connecting with the attack, similar to Lucario's force palm?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If it was I dont think people would hate crystal like they do now...
I had no idea it was made Star Fox so they could keep the franchise, that's cool. I should have known.

Lol, what if it was sneaky plan to keep the franchise that Rare didn't see coming. If so they deserve it :troll:

Rare Ware is my biggest inspiration.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd rather the Poltergust be used in his Final Smash, where he sends out a bunch of Boos that attack the players with little knockback being dealt, but damage being built up quickly.

Anyone like the idea of that?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Pfft, c'mon, it's not like Luigi ever fired green fireballs in a main Mario Bros. game. It's just not a very interesting special and the vacuum represents him better.
  • I'm up for Luigi having his own moves, but I am against him not sharing any of Mario's, he's one of the brothers for god sake!
  • He still shoots Fire Balls regardless of color, and the green fireball is from "Mario Bros."
If anything he should shoot a green fireball in other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom