• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oh go then I'll toss you a mercy review.

Errr...what changed apart from Eevee?

Still like Lip, and the ballsy Tiki pull as well as the multi gen rep in Trainer(not a popular choice I know). The lack of K. Rool is kinda refreshing to see(sorry everyone; I'm not against K. Rool, but he is on 98% of these things), but I am the most anti Eevee person on the planet, so I'm going to have to reduce my good score by 8 whole points leaving you with a total score of 1.8.

Seriously; I will take literally any Pokemon over Eevee. Even Sunkern.

Yeah this review is bias.

Deal with it.
*points at the only 2 3rd party reps and Lucas*

As for the Eevee bias you have;

You just jelly that Eevee is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times cuter then you.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I disagree with Muddy Mole, and but I think you kind of HAVE to disagree with Lucina.

Lucina is Marth with longer hair and a vagina, you really think Sakurai is going to pick 2 Marth's over a fiery and unique Marth semi-clone or unique Chrom with some of his own moves. I don't think Sakurai would pick Blue Kirby wearing a beanie so I doubt he's gonna pick long haired with **** Marth. And I still personally doubt Anna..............a lot.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
*points at the only 2 3rd party reps and Lucas*

As for the Eevee bias you have;

You just jelly that Eevee is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times cuter then you.
You know it.

Actually I'm not keen for a few other reasons, but I won't get into that now.

You added Lucas back?
I must have some sort of blindness to the character since I didn't notice he was missing from the last roster you made.

(Also Vulpix is cuter than Eevee)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
And I still personally doubt Anna..............a lot.
Why? And what do you mean, doubt? Doubt that she's a good choice? She is the best choice. Doubt that she'll get in? Understandable, but is that really a reason to dislike a character?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Another slight update from me. "Sheesh mimgrim just make up your ****ing mind on your roster already and stop ****ing updating it for Christ sake."

Scissorfied characters; Snake, Falco, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Toon Link (and Squritle and Ivysaur if you count them, but in terms of physical slots it is only 5). Don't like it? Well to bad so sad. If you feel it's a problem for cutting up characters you can take it to the police.
"Eevee over Jigglypuf!? What the **** is wrong with you mimgrim." Pokemon roster would be rather underwhelming then, and Eevee is cuter then Jiggs. Yea thats right. Cuteness matters to me. Deal with it. :L
"Only 2 3rd party character!? Are you in your right mind mimgrim?" Yes I'm in my right mind. 3rd party character are the easiest to cut up.
"3 RETRO REPS!? GO HOME mimgrim YOU'RE DRUUNK" Retro > new ****. Deal with it.
"Tiki over Chrom AND Roy? What the **** is wrong with you man" Tiki is so much more unique, and a waifu of mine, and is jsut better over all.
"B-b-b-b-but I don't like your roster mimgrim and think it is stupid." Well guess what I don't care. :p

Come at me dudes and dudetts.
I'll come at you, mate.
I'm so sad. :p Cuts are fine, but you need to justify them. Some of the cuts you made seem arbitrary. Like Falco and Snake. What's different about cutting them versus Ike, Wolf, or Sonic (just examples)? Justification is needed. And saying I'm just being butt-hurt (which I am) isn't justification. Cuts are too hard to predict as we don't know which characters hold priority over which characters, so if it's just personal bias, then that's fine, but if you actually had some reasons for each character, then please speak up.
Eevee over Jiggly, hmm? I'm gonna have to disagree there. I don't see why Eevee would replace Jigglypuff. I can understand why Eevee could get in and by sheer coincidence Jiggly didn't, but then that would require Eevee getting in and Jiggly not getting in, both of which I'm unconvinced will happen.
A multi-gen trainer? I like the idea, but I think having Oshawott or Piplup over Totodile would make a little more sense. The latter two have done more to stand out in the Poke-verse than Todadile has.
I'm fine with three retros. Though I really only care about Mach Rider being there.
Indifferent towards Fire Emblem. Just so long as Marth and Ike are there.
I'd say my main complaint, though, is that you cut a lot, but then didn't add enough back. I think you could add a few more characters.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why? And what do you mean, doubt? Doubt that she's a good choice? She is the best choice. Doubt that she'll get in? Understandable, but is that really a reason to dislike a character?
Predicting Characters =/= Liking characters

Anna is not the best choice, if you ask me Chrom & Roy are. Anna should be a trophy.

Gune

Smash Lord
Another slight update from me. "Sheesh mimgrim just make up your ****ing mind on your roster already and stop ****ing updating it for Christ sake."

Scissorfied characters; Snake, Falco, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Toon Link (and Squritle and Ivysaur if you count them, but in terms of physical slots it is only 5). Don't like it? Well to bad so sad. If you feel it's a problem for cutting up characters you can take it to the police.
"Eevee over Jigglypuf!? What the **** is wrong with you mimgrim." Pokemon roster would be rather underwhelming then, and Eevee is cuter then Jiggs. Yea thats right. Cuteness matters to me. Deal with it. :L
"Only 2 3rd party character!? Are you in your right mind mimgrim?" Yes I'm in my right mind. 3rd party character are the easiest to cut up.
"3 RETRO REPS!? GO HOME mimgrim YOU'RE DRUUNK" Retro > new ****. Deal with it.
"Tiki over Chrom AND Roy? What the **** is wrong with you man" Tiki is so much more unique, and a waifu of mine, and is jsut better over all.
"B-b-b-b-but I don't like your roster mimgrim and think it is stupid." Well guess what I don't care. :p

Come at me dudes and dudetts.
I cant...I just cant...My body was not made to deal with all of THIS. 7/10

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Anna is not the best choice, if you ask me Chrom & Roy are. Anna should be a trophy.
Given uniqueness is Sakurai's #1 criteria, and Anna's mascothood, and being the second most iconic FE character, I'd say she has a very good chance ;)
So, why isn't she likely?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Given uniqueness is Sakurai's #1 criteria, and Anna's mascothood, and being the second most iconic FE character, I'd say she has a very good chance ;)
More people know who Chrom, Roy, or Ike are than Anna. She's not that iconic.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I disagree with Muddy Mole
Why disagree with Muddy? Also those were merely suggestions, that's why I added "etc." at the end of both of them.

but I think you kind of HAVE to disagree with Lucina.
Lucina is Marth with longer hair and a vagina
You honestly think the man who picked fiery Marth wouldn't consider a Female Marth that can be multiple classes (She's not limited to just a sword and she can change her class depending on who her mother is, she has a lot more potential than being femMarth).
but I think you kind of HAVE to disagree with Lucina.you really think Sakurai is going to pick 2 Marth's over a fiery and unique Marth semi-clone or unique Chrom with some of his own moves.
Implying Roy would become a semi-clone. Nothing is preventing Lucina from being a semi-clone either here, and let's not forget that nothing is stopping Chrom from being a semi-clone of Ike either.
I don't think Sakurai would pick Blue Kirby wearing a beanie so I doubt he's gonna pick long haired with **** Marth.
Blue Beanie Kirby doesn't exist and has no known abilities to make itself different from Kirby. Lucina is popular enough (voted most popular female character in Awakening) and unique enough to be different from Marth.
tl/dr:
lrn2 research broooo
And I still personally doubt Anna..............a lot.
- Anna could be replaced with any Fire Emblem character (Chrom / Lucina / Roy / etc.)
She's pretty much the mascot of the franchise and is plastered all over the place in the games. She makes more sense for anybody that's played Fire Emblem games, because they actually see her everywhere.

BESIDES, I put that there for a raisin.

it didn't taste good

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
True, but I think Anna is seen as the official mascot of the series.
I'd like to see her playable in Smash, but I just don't want her to replace Chrom or any FE veterans.

----
Thing is, how many people actually know who Anna is? She's had a very minor role in the majority of Fire Emblem games, with her only major role being in Awakening.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I disagree with Muddy Mole, and but I think you kind of HAVE to disagree with Lucina.

Lucina is Marth with longer hair and a vagina, you really think Sakurai is going to pick 2 Marth's over a fiery and unique Marth semi-clone or unique Chrom with some of his own moves. I don't think Sakurai would pick Blue Kirby wearing a beanie so I doubt he's gonna pick long haired with **** Marth. And I still personally doubt Anna..............a lot.
Um, I don't think Sakurai would even think of Lucina that way, that's pretty offensive.

Ya never bought FE:A in the first place to find why Anna is worthy to be in Smash. Unless you watched walkthroughs on YouTube.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Thing is, how many people actually know who Anna is? She's had a very minor role in the majority of Fire Emblem games, with her only major role being in Awakening.
People who play Fire Emblem, i.e. the people that the characters are suppose to interest.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
More people know who Chrom, Roy, or Ike are than Anna. She's not that iconic.
Yes, of course, I do overplay that element, however it cannot be denied that she is the least dispensable character in the series, in everything - except story, but the differentiation between story and everything else in the series is insignificant to Sakurai, what matters is what he sees in a character. In that sense here chances are as much up in the air as anyone, and to discount Anna on the grounds of "She is not a Lord" is silly. And if you're expecting story to have the largest impact - which it doesn't - then Chrom's importance is cut down to 1/3rd dealing with Awakening's story, what with Robin and Lucina.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, how's it going? So, what's our topic of the hour? And if you're all interested...

I'm working on a 13 part design series for the newcomers of the last roster you saw from me, you know, the one you guys loved? Anyways, next up is Ridley, then Mewtwo, then Chrom and then the rest will follow suit. :) Some likes on the video is appreciated, as I like to know I did a good job. :c

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
UPDATE # 6.0 The roster now shows transformations, and the other potential newcomers, Cuts,
My roster prediction/wishlist, 50 slots, 54 characers

EXPLANATIONS (IM REALLY BAD AT EXPLAINING

NEW Meowth: personal bias
Toon Zelda/ Tetra: Very important/popular LoZ character.
Toad: In a LOT of the Mario games, lots of potential, and very popular. (and I like him better then Bowser Jr.)
King K. Rool: VERY popular, check out the polls, most popular DK rep, villain, who doesn't have him in their roster? Pretty self explanatory.
Ridley: See King K. Rool except he's a Metroid rep. Pretty self explanatory.
Palutena: Who else for Kid Icarus? Very Popular, female. Pretty self explanatory.
Takamaru: One of the most potential/likely retro characters, pretty self explanatory.
Little Mac: Pretty self explanatory Very popular.
Isaac: Pretty self explanatory. Very popular
Mewtwo: 6th Gen rep, VERY VERY popular, even before Newtwo, Pretty self explanatory.
Chrom: Pretty self explanatory. Very popular.
Pac-Man: Most potential 3rd Party.

RULES

1. No cuts
2.50 slots

OTHER POTENTIAL NEWCOMERS

Instead of Toad: Bowser Jr.
Toon Zelda/Tetra: Tingle
Roy :Chrom
Isaac:Shulk,Saki
TRANSFORMATIONS
Zelda and Sheik, Samus and ZSS, PKMN Trainer, Squirtle, Charizard, and Ivysaur, Toon Zelda and Tetra.

Thanks to anyone who's artwork I may have used for the icons or anyone who made the icons.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Decent roster. I like that you have Toad. Disappointed that you removed Lucario and Snake, though. (I'm assuming there will be cuts in SSB4, but still)

Also, why did you put your own post in quotes?

----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Actual Lords and main characters should come before the tutorial girl (yes I'm aware she is DLC in Awakening)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ann isn't even FE's mascot in the first place, Marth is.
Says you. She's practically marketed as such by IS.
Yes, I imagine the majority of FE players recognize her with her role of doing essentially nothing in all but 1 game.
Actual Lords and main characters should come before the tutorial girl (yes I'm aware she is DLC in Awakening)
You're making the common mistake of taking the average of her roles, when considering Anna against any other FE rep, you must take the SUM of her roles, that is all of her positions in importance, you find that she is the least dispensable to many of the game's functions: Pretty much every link system, internet, GBA cables, tutorials, the face and major story lead of many DLC episodes, and special shops, and so forth, plus, she has all the bonuses of minor playable characters, being playable a few times herself. The fact that IS has kept her throughout all these games in these roles should say something to the effect of "she's not just a cameo" to you.

Anyways, I better shower, holy day of obligation you know.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'll come at you, mate.
I'm so sad. :p Cuts are fine, but you need to justify them. Some of the cuts you made seem arbitrary. Like Falco and Snake. What's different about cutting them versus Ike, Wolf, or Sonic (just examples)? Justification is needed. And saying I'm just being butt-hurt (which I am) isn't justification. Cuts are too hard to predict as we don't know which characters hold priority over which characters, so if it's just personal bias, then that's fine, but if you actually had some reasons for each character, then please speak up.
Eevee over Jiggly, hmm? I'm gonna have to disagree there. I don't see why Eevee would replace Jigglypuff. I can understand why Eevee could get in and by sheer coincidence Jiggly didn't, but then that would require Eevee getting in and Jiggly not getting in, both of which I'm unconvinced will happen.
A multi-gen trainer? I like the idea, but I think having Oshawott or Piplup over Totodile would make a little more sense. The latter two have done more to stand out in the Poke-verse than Todadile has.
I'm fine with three retros. Though I really only care about Mach Rider being there.
Indifferent towards Fire Emblem. Just so long as Marth and Ike are there.
I'd say my main complaint, though, is that you cut a lot, but then didn't add enough back. I think you could add a few more characters.
I believe that we will only be getting a 42-43 character roster and with that kind of a roster size cuts are inevtiable. You also are exaggerating when you say I cut a lot. I only have 5 character cuts, well 7 if you count Ivy/Squirt, and 5 cuts is perfectly reasonable in a 43 character roster. I don't see a roster going over 45 character slots at max and while I could do that many characters, 43 is a nice even look for the roster maker and trying to get 45 to work visually appealing to the eyes is iffy. Snake is a 3rd party and is thus an easy cut and I believe Sonic has better chances of staying then him, espically considering the art style this SSB is taking. Falco and Wolf are interchangable, but I would prefer to keep Wolf over Falco so it jsut comes down to personal prefence. Toon Link falls under as a last minuete addition category and I'm not trying to predict those and cutting him opens up more room for someone else and Zelda really doesn't "need" anyone other then the triforce trio. I believe Lucario is going to be in the position Mewtwo was in in Braw and if the popularity wasn't enough to save Mewtwo it certainly isn't enough to save Lucario. Eevee was just something I was testing out, my next test is going to be Victini over Jiggs and my test after that is going to be Zoroak over both Mewtwo and Lucario with Jiggs coming back and then after that a test of Eeavee getting in over Jiggs again and Zoroak getting in both Mewtwo and Lucario and probably more after that as I am looking for that wow factor for the Pokemon roster like a certian someone in this thread already mentioned. I heavily disagree with you Totodile statement, he has had about as much impact as Piplup and it's personality in the anime has made it loved by many. There is no one there who can really take Ikes spot all that good and he has had 2 games and he gets refrenced quite heavily in Awakening meaning that to IS he seems to have some pretty big importance and the only feesible character to replace him is Chrom but I already have Tiki who can rep Awakening and other games. But really 5 cuts =/= a lot and I added enough character considering 43 character roster slot, which is about what I am expecting. Seriously though, people need to get over their fear of cuts as they are going to happen and 5 cuts is pretty freaking reasonable if you ask me.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ann isn't even FE's mascot in the first place, Marth is.
In Japan Anna is seen as the "Unofficial" mascot of Fire Emblem due to her appearing in each game for multiple reasons.

Yes, I imagine the majority of FE players recognize her with her role of doing essentially nothing in all but 1 game.
She essentially did nothing other than being the tutorial teacher and selling items to you. You see the character a lot because you buy items a lot. So she isn't not doing anything, she's supplying you for the road ahead (For the right price, anyways).

Besides, doing nothing hasn't stopped anybody from supporting Palutena (although that is arguable for her too).

This is of course implying that every lord is important and liked.

You can recruit her in the main game. She's also the strongest boss you fight against that you can recruit (if the means anything to you).
Ah wait, I suppose I am incorrect, Anna IS the strongest boss you fight against in Awakening (One of them anyways).
---
Good afternoon all, how's it going? So, what's our topic of the hour? And if you're all interested...

- vidyas -

I'm working on a 13 part design series for the newcomers of the last roster you saw from me, you know, the one you guys loved? Anyways, next up is Ridley, then Mewtwo, then Chrom and then the rest will follow suit. :) Some likes on the video is appreciated, as I like to know I did a good job. :c
Another day another avatar, right Hotfeet?
I am interested and will give those a look in a few hours. Currently can't watch them right now sadly.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I can't think of a good avatar to keep! I'm currently looking for one, but can't seem to find the perfect one. :c
I know that feeling all too well. But I'm pretty pleased with my current one... for now
Knowing your love for Darkstalkers, I'd suggest trying to find a good piece of artwork for Felica.
(or you know, draw something for yourself)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I know that feeling all too well. But I'm pretty pleased with my current one... for now
Knowing your love for Darkstalkers, I'd suggest trying to find a good piece of artwork for Felica.
(or you know, draw something for yourself)
I've had Felicia as my artwork before, so I thought I'd try something new, like this Hsien-Ko one. Heh, now we both have a blue-skinned dead girl for our avatars. :p

mimgrim

Smash Hero
FE:A is just a generally fantastic game and probably the best one gameplay wise, to be honest. Granted the story I personally think is lackluster the more I think about it, despite it getting me hooked at a few parts.
Better then Radiant Dawn's story at least. Not nearly as much going on, though there is still a lot going in FE:A but at least FE:A isn't switching between prespectives and is reasonably consistent, and not nearly as much BS moments, Though FE:A still has a few of them. But yea of the FE games I have played Radiant Dawn had the weakest story FE:A probably the 2nd weakest, I'm not including Shadow Dragon in this because it was a remake of the very first FE game and back then stories for games are usually lackluster compared to today bt for back then were probably good. Howeveer in terms of gample FE:A gets first place and RD gets 2nd place lol.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I've had Felicia as my artwork before, so I thought I'd try something new, like this Hsien-Ko one. Heh, now we both have a blue-skinned dead girl for our avatars. :p
Ooh, I like it.
Best friends for the after-life~

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You know it! Speaking of which, not to go too of topic, but is there a confirmed release date for Squiggly anytime soon? And I still can't help but think of this guy when I hear that name...

The 20th (5 Days), along with the release of Skullgirls on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom