• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Personally, I see it as a matter of if Sakurai sees popularity or recent games more important. I personally also think Roy has better moveset potential and that's why I have him on my current roster, but you could argue for Chrom.

To be honest, I prefer.. ok here goes my FE wishlist.

Micaiah (female FE rep, mage, important, not blue haired, not enough mage characters)
Tharja (female FE rep, fanservice:falconmelee: , mage, not blue haired, not enough mage characters)
Roy (not blue haired, I liked him better than Marth for some reason, reminds me of Crono)
Lyndis (female FE rep, katanas are awesome (she even uses Battou Jutsu!))
----
(the rest)

I like Roy, I'd prefer him to come back instead Chrom.
He could sport some of Melee's movesets and physics. And some other tweaked ones.
He could be given the Lucas treatment and just screw his moveset around so it becomes unique (like Dair becoming the new Fair, Bair becoming the new Nair, etc)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

DeathKidZ100

Smash Cadet
Lucina

Edit lucina

THE ONLY ONE AND REAL REP FOR FE:A THAT WILL 75%

HEROINE!

MAIN CHARACTER!

MASKED MARTH!

MOST POPULAR IN JAPAN!

THE FACE OF FE:A PRODUCTS LIKE ART BOOK AND SOUNDTRACK!

75% GETTING IN! :p
images.jpg

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Lucina

Edit lucina

THE ONLY ONE AND REAL REP FOR FE:A THAT WILL 75%

HEROINE!

MAIN CHARACTER!

MASKED MARTH!

MOST POPULAR IN JAPAN!

THE FACE OF FE:A PRODUCTS LIKE ART BOOK AND SOUNDTRACK!

75% GETTING IN! :pView attachment 1836

Dude.... Pokemon Trainer is totally be replaced, look!

We've got ourselves an impersonator!

Reznor

work in progress
Yeah, but Chrom isn't that popular of a request for smash. At least, not as popular as Roy.

And recency won't get him in by itself.
to be fair Roy has a lot of support because he was already in a smash game
I really don't care about FE stuff but Chrom makes more sense than Roy

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Not as popular as Roy yeeea I'm going to have to see proof and chrom is more likly due too the game
Though I think Roy actually quite possibly is more popular then Chrom (I don't really think the immense popularity is all that justified but it's there) But frankly I doubt FE:A wouldn't get any character rep whatsoever... I mean Awakening, savior of the series one of the best selling games to date (... I think.) I think it's done a lot to merit getting a rep even if it wasn't the most recent installment to the series

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Though I think Roy actually quite possibly is more popular then Chrom (I don't really think the immense popularity is all that justified but it's there) But frankly I doubt FE:A wouldn't get any character rep whatsoever... I mean Awakening, savior of the series one of the best selling games to date (... I think.) I think it's done a lot to merit getting a rep even if it wasn't the most recent installment to the series

Awakening is the top selling game in the series currently. Chrom or Lucina will be the Awakening rep (Maybe Robin/Avatar/My Unit). Personally, I'm more hopeful for Lucina, but if Chrom gets in, I'll be fine with that.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Awakening is the top selling game in the series currently. Chrom or Lucina will be the Awakening rep (Maybe Robin/Avatar/My Unit). Personally, I'm more hopeful for Lucina, but if Chrom gets in, I'll be fine with that.
Oh, I knew that. Ummm I was just too lazy to double check :p (ok the last part is true XD

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Chrom gets in, it wouldn't be due to sales. I'm a Chrom supporter, and even I know that's bull. Sales aren't a deciding factor, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten Ike in Brawl.

DeathKidZ100

Smash Cadet
If Chrom gets in, it wouldn't be due to sales. I'm a Chrom supporter, and even I know that's bull. Sales aren't a deciding factor, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten Ike in Brawl.

lucina is popular in japan they even put her on the boxart of the sounf track!!!!! o.o
images.jpg

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Frankly I'd say it's a contributing factor assuming those large amount of sales generate for a good amount of popularity

Reznor

work in progress
didn't we get Ike because he was the most recent same with Roy (I swear some one proved this wrong (kinda) something about Ike and .... I forget)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
lucina is popular in japan they even put her on the boxart of the sounf track!!!!! o.o
View attachment 1841

Chrom's pretty damn popular there, as well. He got Beach DLC, after all. I just don't think Lucina would be chosen over Chrom. When has someone other than the main character been chosen over the main character? Chrom and Robin are the main characters of the game. It's pretty obvious, considering they're the only two characters in Awakening that, if they die, the plot cannot go on. Lucina can die and everything goes about as usual.

didn't we get Ike because he was the most recent same with Roy (I swear some one proved this wrong (kinda) something about Ike and .... I forget)

Neither Ike nor Roy were chosen from recentness. Roy was chosen because of his fiery sword. Ike was chosen as a suggestion from Intelligent Systems, who noted his popularity as a Lord.

DeathKidZ100

Smash Cadet
Chrom's pretty damn popular there, as well. He got Beach DLC, after all. I just don't think Lucina would be chosen over Chrom. When has someone other than the main character been chosen over the main character? Chrom and Robin are the main characters of the game. It's pretty obvious, considering they're the only two characters in Awakening that, if they die, the plot cannot go on. Lucina can die and everything goes about as usual.

Neither Ike nor Roy were chosen from recentness. Roy was chosen because of his fiery sword. Ike was chosen as a suggestion from Intelligent Systems, who noted his popularity as a Lord.
why would you let chrom daughter die??? :/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
why would you let chrom daughter die??? :/
I didn't. What I'm saying is that it's possible that she does die, and the game continues as normal. If Chrom or Robin (the main characters) die, the chapter is reset, as the game can't continue without them.

Reznor

work in progress
you gotta admit its a prettry big coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom