• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G4GaMiNg2

Smash Rookie
NNID
G4Gaming
Here's my 46 slot roster with 50 move sets.

I decided to include some less likely but still plausible fighters that would add variety to the roster and made just two cuts from Brawl. Just Toon Link and Snake with some of their attributes being passed on to new fighters.

View attachment 1060

That has generally been my most wanted 3rd party roster. Especially Mega Man and Bomberman. I could do without Pacman but he's well worthy of a slot in my opinion. Snake could return instead of Bomberman as it stands I believe Konami owns Hudson Soft the makers of Bomberman and even though Snake has been on very few Nintendo console and portable games the relationship between Sakurai and Kojima gives him a strong shot for return.

I wanted a small and fast sword fighter to replace Toon Link in a sense and the more I read about the prince of Sable the more I want to see him make it in as the yet to be revived classic character that Sakurai has supposedly eluded to. (note I'm not saying he ever implied prince of Sable was the character) but you can consider his slot the potential home of any number of yet to be revived classic characters.

I'd be okay with a Mii but I'd rather have another actual character than be able to play as a Mii.

I fully stand by including Sami taking up some of Snake's weapon based moves and representing the Advance Wars franchise instead of Andy or someone else.

Shulk I'm a bit iffy on but Xenoblade is pretty popular. I'd cut him before Isaac because Golden Sun is a 3 game franchise already and one I feel is criminally under represented in Smash Bros thus far.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this roster?

Mewtwo and Lucario? idk...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys. This Link in Smash 4 is a combination of different designs.

The clothes are from TP.
The colors are from SS.
The face is from OoT.
Then there is some original bits thrown in there.

Why is this hard to see?

A bit late but...

Oh well. I threw it out there for you guys.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

The clothes are from TP.
The colors are from SS.
The face is from OoT.

Why is this hard to see?

A bit late but...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Mewtwo and Lucario? idk...

I thought about it and Mewtwo and Lucario have comparatively little in common in move sets. They have about the same amount of similar moves as Kirby and Jigglypuff do. The one thing I'm less sure on is if Pokemon would get 5 slots and 7 playable fighters total. That's a bit excessive but Pokemon is a bread winner. Maybe some people don't want to hear this but if Mewtwo does come back then I don't think Lucario is in as much danger as Pokemon Trainer who is a more complicated character to bring back.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
He still uses the bow and bombs from Twilight Princess though. I guess we will have to wait until we see Zelda...

I think both Link and Zelda are amalgamation characters which use elements from their various incarnations and I'm somewhat expecting Zelda to look more like her Skyward Sword incarnation but still have some form of Shiek. After all Shiek was not in TP right?

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
To me it seems like an amalgamation of Twilight Princess Link with Skyward Sword Link's color scheme. I just don't see any major indicators that suggest this Link is a combination of anything else. I'm not entirely sure what other Link besides Twilight Princess Link has an earring, a cross stitch on his hat, and utilizes those particular bombs.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm going to assume that Zelda will look as she did in Brawl and Twilight Princess but brightened up like they did with Link. :/

But oh well, we will just have to wait and see. It is a bit of shame though. I actually liked SS Zelda's design... :x

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

The clothes are from TP.
The colors are from SS.
The face is from OoT.

Why is this hard to see?

A bit late but...

Actually, he looks a lot like the Wii U Zelda tech demo's Link, albeit mirrored and with saturated colors. Take a look:

[collapse="Huge image!"]
[/collapse]

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As a avid Zelda fan and mainer, I'd love to see her in her SS style. Something about her innocence and smacking around others just seems devilishly delicious to me. While I loved her TP design, I want something different visually. I definitely can see them designing Zelda to match Link's SSB4 design which, is to say, a combination of Zelda's throughout the LoZ history.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm just going to put this out there since anything I say to you would apparently be as nonsensical and offensive regardless.
I think you are autistic, Noah.

Wow, I didn't know you were prejudice. I mean I knew you weren't the most intelligent person on this board, but to have such insensitivity.

And again no reason to resort to name calling because you are proven wrong.

And so you agree? I guess, you have nothing to say about the clip of Link in front of Hyrule Castle? Or how I just proved all of your points (if you want to call them that) wrong.

No? alright with me.

Again insulting statements proves nothing other than that you have no defense. I am setting to ignore, because it hurts that you would actually result to something so pathetic because you have nothing to back it up. I have no hope for your future.

Also Ganondorf has no SS form so that's another point for "No SS Zelda". Unless your gifs or emoticons can defend that point.

Keep posting insults, gifs, and emoticons. It's truly effective in art of accepting defeat and the acknowledgement that you have obviously run out of stuff to defend your side.

Yeah I hope so too, at least make the Skyward Sword design's an alternate costume. Or at least for Zelda... :/
Now THERE is a good idea.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually, he looks a lot like the Wii U Zelda tech demo's Link, albeit mirrored and with saturated colors. Take a look:

[collapse="Huge image!"]
[/collapse]
Which is a blend of OoT and TP Zelda.

My point still stands.

And Noah. There was no TP Sheik but she made it in. So....null point. Why am I even trying to talk to him anymore? He has me on ignore.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see Noah has a really bad habit of taking offense at EVERYTHING. You'd better drop that habit. Otherwise it will hurt you. A lot.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
God's Robert calling Noah autistic won't favor him at all. Good argumentation is one that is completely without bias and insults, relying on facts, logic and evidence alone.

Failure to meet such makes your argumentation an absolute disaster.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman

My point still stands.

And Noah. There was no TP Sheik but she made it in. So....null point. Why am I even trying to talk to him anymore? He has me on ignore.
He does? How do you even know that? And how could anyone ignore Swampasaur?

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
3DS Roster.png

My predictions; the top roster being the "core" roster, and the lower roster the others which might be added if the top one wouldn't be enough characters...
Although I would prefer Anna as a FE rep instead of Chrom, her chances are slim as she isn't a "main character"/"protagonist"...

(the "pokémon" pic is a placeholder for a new rep)

Morbi

Scavenger
God's Robert calling Noah autistic won't favor him at all. Good argumentation is one that is completely without bias and insults, relying on facts, logic and evidence alone.

Ad hominem logical fallacy. The short way of saying it.

As a avid Zelda fan and mainer, I'd love to see her in her SS style. Something about her innocence and smacking around others just seems devilishly delicious to me. While I loved her TP design, I want something different visually. I definitely can see them designing Zelda to match Link's SSB4 design which, is to say, a combination of Zelda's throughout the LoZ history.
I would honestly prefer her Skyward Sword look. They could always change Sheik into Impa. I think it would be a breath of fresh air.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The top one... has the same number of slots as in Brawl, if I counted correctly. It's not enough at all, you know.

I'm really iffy on Bayonetta, Duck Hunt Dog, and Wonder Red.

Tingle replacing Toon Link is a no-go for me.

I don't see Palutena on the chart.

EDIT: Also noticed that you cut Wolf.

Link's pants are also a mix of the classic tights and the Skyward Sword baggy pants.

They are not skin tight tights like in past games. But they also aren't the super baggy Skyward Sword pants. It is a mix.

One thing I was thinking of before, since Sakurai has said the design of the game isn't finished yet, what if this is not the final look of Link?

What if he turns a bit more Skyward Sword esque before the game is done?

Just a thought since they always go for a specific Link, which in this case would be Skyward Sword for SSB4, but yet we are seeing a hybrid.

We will have to wait and see. For more time on Link and to see what Zelda and Ganondorf look like, and what the likes of Impa and Ghirahim could look like if they are in.

Maybe the designs of all Zelda characters will be a mix of Skyward Sword with the Tech Demo. Would certainly look interesting for the likes of Ghirahim, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Edit: never mind. It's probably best to just leave it be without adding more fire to the flames.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
The top definitely doesn't have enough characters. Also Tingle, I don't think that will happen. I don't think that Lucario, Ike and Snake are going anywhere. Bayonetta won't happen. And duck hunt dog is a pretty long shot. Wolf is won't go either.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ad hominem logical fallacy. The short way of saying it.
I know. :p

One thing I was thinking of before, since Sakurai has said the design of the game isn't finished yet, what if this is not the final look of Link?
I highly doubt they would tweak on the already revealed characters' designs.

Their models seem finished and already have official artwork for them, so I doubt they would change their designs in the middle of development. A redesign would be a waste of effort that could be made for characters and features that are yet to be implemented.

That is to say, those are the final looks and no, Sakurai didn't say this wasn't the final Link. Game design =/= character design.

If you're expecting Link to have a design change, you're delusional. No character was redesigned from Brawl's trailer to the final game, so why would that happen here? Do note that, when Brawl was unveiled, that game had less than a year of development time and this game has been in development for more than a year.

Long story short: the Link we've seen is the one we will see in the final version of the game. There's absolutely no point in changing a character that seems finished.

Morbi

Scavenger

What if he turns a bit more Skyward Sword esque before the game is done?

Just a thought since they always go for a specific Link, which in this case would be Skyward Sword for SSB4, but yet we are seeing a hybrid.

We will have to wait and see. For more time on Link and to see what Zelda and Ganondorf look like, and what the likes of Impa and Ghirahim could look like if they are in.

Maybe the designs of all Zelda characters will be a mix of Skyward Sword with the Tech Demo. Would certainly look interesting for the likes of Ghirahim, Zelda, and Ganondorf.
I really hope you are correct. I am not digging his new design in this game. I really wanted SSB to be the game that I go back to Link. I had to main Wolf in Brawl because I couldn't handle how hideous the Link was. Plus they replaced his boomerang and gave him moving penalties. I am really hoping for a more Skyward Sword look.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah like Frost said. That design is likely final as they have been working on that game for more than a year now. Plus they apparently had the time to change Samus's design so why not Link? :/

That design is likely final. We shouldn't expect Fox's design to change anytime soon either.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

I said that understanding that. At that point, however, I honestly had nothing to lose on part of how this argument was literally going nowhere.

Wow, I didn't know you were prejudice. I mean I knew you weren't the most intelligent person on this board, but to have such insensitivity.

And again no reason to resort to name calling because you are proven wrong.
I wasn't proven wrong. I've got plenty more in store in defense of what you're saying, but this time, I'm not about to repeat this cycle. You want us to keep talking about something you won't accept the idea of an opposite perspective of? Make doing that worth my time. It doesn't take a genius to see that in the fact that nobody else is in agreement with you. I only refer to you as autistic on part of how much you remind me of an actual autistic guy under the alias of "Meta527" I've known for years, the biggest common denominator being your extreme case of #3 and #4 of the saddest argument techniques. I speak not out of prejudice, but out of experience. The level of arrogance you have is abnormal to the point where you can't even hold a private conversation with me without insisting I am wasting your time much as you are wasting mine right now.

You have no capacity to admit when you are wrong. No matter how left-field your points are, no matter how well-constructed counterarguments are made, and no matter how many people disagree with you, you simply believe that the argument is over before it starts. You are never wrong. That's all it comes down to for you. Did they make a good point? Ignore it! Arguments are not a matter of logic or compromise for you, they are just tests of how many times you can say someone is wrong before they lose patience. God Robert's Cousin is wrong because he's tired of arguing with tunnel-vision. That means Noah wins!

Guys, I'm really sorry for de-railing the thread like this, but am I the only one here to see how ridiculous this is? There must be something more we can do than just ignore him. He's just going to prance around with this high-horse attitude until someone puts him in his place. We shouldn't have to put up with this.

I'm sorry to those of you not involved in this feud. If I had an alternative way to vent this besides here, I honestly would. Mods, feel free to delete all this if you must. Just do it knowing what pain went into this message in the first place.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

My point still stands.

Actually I don't. I consider you one of the more reasonable and rational members of the board. By still coming up with good defences rather than opting out with gifs. Also Sheik could be incorporated into Twilight form because Zelda's design was similar to OOT as was her character. SS from Zelda is not the kind of person who would transform into a Ninja woman. And again there is no SS Ganondorf, so why would add the SS forms of the other 2 characters when we already have TP Link. In the trailer that same Link was in front of Hyrule Castle. I don't recall that being in SS. And although simiar in design. There are minor details in Links clothin in SSB4 that are in Twilight Princess, but not Skyward Sword.

EX: The wrist part of his gloves, his belt, and the position of the strap on his shirt is in the opposite direction. His shading and lips represent TP more as well.

Listen to FrostWraith. He knows what he's talking about.

You get a gold star :starman:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Actually I don't. I consider you one of the more reasonable and rational members of the board. By still coming up with good defences rather than opting with gifs. Also Sheik could be incorporated into Twilight form because Zelda's design was similar to OOT as was her character. SS from Zelda is not the kind of person who would transform into a Ninja woman. And again there is no SS Ganondorf, so why would add the SS forms of the other 2 characters when we already have TP Link. In the trailer that same Link was in front of Hyrule Castle. I don't recall that being in SS. And although simiar in design. There are minor details in Links clothin in SSB4 that are in Twilight Princess, but not Skyward Sword.

EX: The wrist part of his gloves, his belt, and the position of the strap on his shirt is in the opposite direction. His shading and lips represent TP more as well.

Listen to FrostWraith. He knows what he's talking about.

You get a gold star :starman:
But, it's reversed on the other version of TP :troll:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
1. Why is Little Mac on the bottom? There's a Punch-Out!! Stage.

2. Why us there even a bottom? He wants to cram in ad many characters as he's logically able. Why would having the same initial number as Brawl, with 4x the space make any sense? All of the bottom row (Except say, Bayonetta...) make perfect sense to just have on the roster in the first place.

Otherwise, I'd say it's excellent!

Edit: Wait, no it isn't, Wolf and Lucario are missing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To end this pointless Link's design debate:

[collapse="Huge comparison image"]
[/collapse]

How many debates about Link's new design have been made since the first trailer?

No, this Link is not Skyward Sword Link, but does have some elements of him, such as the blue sword effect.

[collapse="Blue sword effect"]
[/collapse]

SSB4 Link's design is mostly based on the HD Zelda tech demo, which in turn is clearly based on TP Link. SSB4 Link, however, has a saturated color scheme that resembles Skyward Sword's Link.

It's an entirely new design, borrowing elements from previous Link designs. Another similar case is how Fox's design is an hybrid of his Star Fox 64 look with his Star Fox: Command look with some extra details thrown in. It's not the first time characters get new designs made for Smash.

End of discussion.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Who is up for a friendly TK competition, to get away from debating for a bit.
I have 3 competitions we can chose from. 2 have requirements and we would have to nominate a certain amount of people to play.
The last has an optional thing we can use but we don't have to. (This is just a test run, if this works out I will get a team together to start developing weekly contests for us to do.) Once people agree to the competition then I will explain the different choices and you guys will decide which one we will do.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
To end this pointless Link's design debate:

[collapse="Huge comparison image"]
[/collapse]

How many debates about Link's new design have been made since the first trailer?

No, this Link is not Skyward Sword Link, but does have some elements of him, such as the blue sword effect.

[collapse="Blue sword effect"]
[/collapse]

SSB4 Link's design is mostly based on the HD Zelda tech demo, which in turn is clearly based on TP Link. SSB4 Link, however, has a saturated color scheme that resembles Skyward Sword's Link.

It's an entirely new design, borrowing elements from previous Link designs. Another similar case is how Fox's design is an hybrid of his Star Fox 64 look with his Star Fox: Command look with some extra details thrown in. It's not the first time characters get new designs made for Smash.

End of discussion.
That is the power of the Master Sword also used in Brawl. But, yeah lets end the discussion and talk about something else. There is nothing else to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom