• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sorry, but I really can't see Lucario getting cut. It doesn't make sense to remove a 4th Generation Pokemon and replace him because he's a "flavor of the month". Removing Lucario will still overrep the first generation.

Not that I have anything against Lucario, but Sakurai did say he spoke to the Pokemon Company, to see what Pokemon were currently appearing in Movies or who are getting the most attention when he's choosing them.

Lucario already had his movie(s?) so he's no longer posing any more importance than the rest of the cast.

... of course there's always Jigglypuff too. :p So we should take that with a bucket of salt.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Another roster

-I see you have all three Blond-Haired Dudes.
Saki seems unlikely, though; replace him with someone else.

-Not sure about Impa. She's had various incarnations and has been a supporting character since the start of the series, but I'm pretty indecisive on who deserves to be a new Zelda newcomer.

-People will be mad if Falco is cut, as he's been in the series longer than Krystal. Krystal would certainly be the right choice for a fourth Star Fox slot, but I don't see them getting any more than three at the moment.

-Not sure about a second Kid Icarus character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, but I really can't see Lucario getting cut. It doesn't make sense to remove a 4th Generation Pokemon and replace him because he's a "flavor of the month". Removing Lucario will still overrep the first generation.
I think that is what's going to happen to EVERY new generation Poke'mon. (but, then again Lucario is pretty awesome and every body loves him.) I'm 98% Hard Gen.

1. There's nothing wrong with Generation 2
2. I LOVE Lucario!!! :love:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Not that I have anything against Lucario, but Sakurai did say he spoke to the Pokemon Company, to see what Pokemon were currently appearing in Movies or who are getting the most attention when he's choosing them.

Lucario already had his movie(s?) so he's no longer posing any more importance than the rest of the cast.

... of course there's always Jigglypuff too. :p So we should take that with a bucket of salt.
Again, I disagree. Lucario is still a popular 4th Generation Pokemon and even further proves it with the anime and movies. He's more recurring than Jigglypuff in the anime and movies, so I don't see why remove him over someone else. Jiggly's only argument is she's a member of the Original 12, which makes her stay anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still firmly believe we'll get the Brawl roster + Mewtwo when it comes to Pokemon reps.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yea. I mean i'm obviously against cuts in general. But no other Pokemon out there comes even close to the popularity of Mewtwo or Lucario at the moment, and honestly I don't think Sakurai would go back and think, "Well, we were planning to have both of them in Brawl. Oh well, screw Lucario!". I really don't see that happening.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This is probably going to be one of those chases that if we actually do get a new character from the Pokemon series, it's going to be from the prospective of gameplay potential more so then popularity. Of course, that's one of those "if" statements.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
-I see you have all three Blond-Haired Dudes.
Saki seems unlikely, though; replace him with someone else.

-Not sure about Impa. She's had various incarnations and has been a supporting character since the start of the series, but I'm pretty indecisive on who deserves to be a new Zelda newcomer.

-People will be mad if Falco is cut, as he's been in the series longer than Krystal. Krystal would certainly be the right choice for a fourth Star Fox slot, but I don't see them getting any more than three at the moment.

-Not sure about a second Kid Icarus character.
I pretty much can see every single one of your points, im also on the fence on who the new zelda newcomer will be (im confident they will get one especially with toon link being cut), I doubt we will get all 3 blond guys, I think we will get a new KI rep but right now I feel a 60 percent chance, and I also doubt falco will be cut, Its more likely we will get 4 sf reps since sf gets a new rep every sing game so far.

D

Deleted member

Day 3 of Rate Their Chance has began with Ridley being up.

Today, Ridley is being voted on for likelihood while Isaac's score is being predicted for tomorrow.
---
People are looking at the wrong area when it comes to cuts.

Too many people, way too many people are going after Lucario and Ike when they have pretty much nothing going against them except time constraints. Whatever reasons are given for their cuts usually consist of "lack of recentness" and "over-representation", which are shoddy arguments.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So I've changed my roster for the upteenth time.

I went on the higher end this time around. Seeing as they are trying to add as many characters as possible, I'd say 45 characters is workable (51 if you count Sheik, ZSS, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Newtwo and the customizable Mii as separate characters).
So I'll go ahead and give reasons for the characters that probably need reasoning:

• K. Rool over Dixie Kong - King K. Rool, while not being the relevant out of the two, is the most requested one. That gives him a lot more merit than Dixie Kong for sure. Also I'm thinking that player four in Tropical Freeze COULD be K. Rool (Here's hoping, at least), but that doesn't really help his inclusion too much if he isn't in the game.
  • Palutena - I consider her one of my bias choices. Seeing as Kid Icarus has replaced Yoshi's Island as one of the main eight franchises (The trailer suggests that, anyways) I'm seeing a new Kid Icarus character getting more possible and requested. Also, if Star Fox got Falco in Melee when the franchise only had two games, why can't Kid Icarus get another character when it has three games?
  • Dillon - The other bias character on my roster. In both sequels of the original Smash Bros, something not previously possible was a big focus in the new game (CG Opening in Melee, Online in Brawl) so I'll say that Smash for Wii U and 3DS will have a focus around DLC (Which will be a thing, for sure) and another thing I will touch on with another character. So why not start off with a character to represent Downloadable Exclusive Nintendo Titles? These didn't really exist prior to Brawl and really started to show up during the DSi age. So why not go with a character like Dillon? He's games have been well received, he's a new IP, and he's got a unique western style to him (Something nobody else really has, with the exception of the Sheriff).
  • Mii - Miis, or another type of customizable character, has been practically officially confirmed (You should check this out, it's a great read!). So with this, we can see what the other big focus will be for this game. The ability to connect the two systems, in this case being able to add a new character to the Wii U version (Something I actually thought of too!). So who else is better to represent complete customization other than your Mii?
So that's what I've got there for now.
At this point this rumor about Little Mac, the Mii, and Pac-Man is starting to look true. However for now, I'll think about adding Pac-Man at a later date.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Every time i hear a person call Lucario a clone of Mewtwo and Mewtwo's replacement, i lose more hope for this fanbase

A rare-or-legendary, bi-pedal, popular, movie pokemon with psychic/energy powers, an ability to speak, and of a larger size than the other pokemon (except Charizard in Brawl who's hard to outsize.) They have approximately the same double jump, approximately the same recovery move, the same neutral special, and many other distinct similarities.

I didn't think it was controversial that Lucario replaced mewtwo and took over some of mewtwo's aspects in Melee. If it's apparently so obvious that Lucario isn't a replacement and mildly conceptual clone, then go ahead and enlighten me.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

I went on the higher end this time around. Seeing as they are trying to add as many characters as possible, I'd say 45 characters is workable (51 if you count Sheik, ZSS, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Newtwo and the customizable Mii as separate characters).
So I'll go ahead and give reasons for the characters that probably need reasoning:

• K. Rool over Dixie Kong - King K. Rool, while not being the relevant out of the two, is the most requested one. That gives him a lot more merit than Dixie Kong for sure. Also I'm thinking that player four in Tropical Freeze COULD be K. Rool (Here's hoping, at least), but that doesn't really help his inclusion too much if he isn't in the game.
  • Palutena - I consider her one of my bias choices. Seeing as Kid Icarus has replaced Yoshi's Island as one of the main eight franchises (The trailer suggests that, anyways) I'm seeing a new Kid Icarus character getting more possible and requested. Also, if Star Fox got Falco in Melee when the franchise only had two games, why can't Kid Icarus get another character when it has three games?
  • Dillon - The other bias character on my roster. In both sequels of the original Smash Bros, something not previously possible was a big focus in the new game (CG Opening in Melee, Online in Brawl) so I'll say that Smash for Wii U and 3DS will have a focus around DLC (Which will be a thing, for sure) and another thing I will touch on with another character. So why not start off with a character to represent Downloadable Exclusive Nintendo Titles? These didn't really exist prior to Brawl and really started to show up during the DSi age. So why not go with a character like Dillon? He's games have been well received, he's a new IP, and he's got a unique western style to him (Something nobody else really has, with the exception of the Sheriff).
  • Mii - Miis, or another type of customizable character, has been practically officially confirmed (You should check this out, it's a great read!). So with this, we can see what the other big focus will be for this game. The ability to connect the two systems, in this case being able to add a new character to the Wii U version (Something I actually thought of too!). So who else is better to represent complete customization other than your Mii?

At this point this rumor about Little Mac, the Mii, and Pac-Man is starting to look true. However for now, I'll think about adding Pac-Man at a later date.

I think KI will not get a new rep. Pit is it.
Either wolf or falco will get cut. Sakurai said that not all characters will be returning.
To many characters also.
Fire emblem will get a new rep. To populat not to.
Overall, not bad.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A rare-or-legendary, bi-pedal, popular, movie pokemon with psychic/energy powers, an ability to speak, and of a larger size than the other pokemon (except Charizard in Brawl who's hard to outsize.) They have approximately the same double jump, approximately the same recovery move, the same neutral special, and many other distinct similarities.

I didn't think it was controversial that Lucario replaced mewtwo and took over some of mewtwo's aspects in Melee. If it's apparently so obvious that Lucario isn't a replacement and mildly conceptual clone, then go ahead and enlighten me.

They're not the same rarity, so you can't compare that.

Oooh, they're both bipeds. Like literally all but two characters that have been in Smash so far (Ivysaur and ROB)...

They are both popular. No reason they both can't be in.

If all Pokemon with movies were the same, I guess Lugia would be a Zoroark clone...

Lucario doesn't have true Psychic powers. The aura thing is more of an innate supernatural ability, but not a form of psychic power. Lucario is a Fighting-Steel type. Saying that an energy power and a Psychic power are the same is grasping at straws.

He can talk? So can Lucario? They must be (conceptual) clones. :rolleyes:

Size isn't an issue. They don't pick Pokemon based on size. Lucario and Mewtwo aren't even the same height. And Charizard is only 5'7''.

Lots of characters have similar double jumps. The recovery is only similar in the fact that they don't do damage.

Literally, the Neutral Special and FSmash are the only things they have in common (y'know, if you actually looked at the list posted in the thread :rolleyes: ). Claiming otherwise is outright false.

Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo, seeing that they were both planned to coexist.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Dillon is a pretty decent choice, but I prefer someone else though, perhaps you should add AR Man and Wonder Red. I think the rest is fine.

I think the lack of using exclusive characters (you know a few for each game, being specific to that kind of console it is on like the stages) would have been unique and added a few more characters we might not have had a high chance of seeing. They had two versions of it now and that could have been the chance to jump on it.

Like Isa Jo and Shulk for Wii U while Matthew and Andy would have been for 3DS.

But whatever, there is still a chance at least most of them would show up.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Main reason why I mentioned her as a bias character, I think she has a realistic chance and with enough fan support she could make it in.
Either wolf or falco will get cut. Sakurai said that not all characters will be returning.
That this not suggest that a Star Fox character won't return though, if you're perfectly fine with me keeping Toon Link why should I remove a semi-clone character? We also can't be sure if he was just referring to the brawl cast or was referring to every playable character that has been playable in a Smash game (Yes, this includes Pichu and Young Link too).
To many characters also.
I personally highly doubt that we'll see anything below Fourty and seeing as they want to add as many as possible I think we can get the 45 / 46 character roster. Have a little more faith.
I don't know, I still don't think that they should go past Metroid in terms of playable characters (But then again we were going to see three in the previous game). I'm fully aware that Fire Emblem: Awakening must have a large presence in the game, but if it is enough to warrant a character inclusion and even possibly replace Ike if it gets to the point where that might need to happen we'll see.

Dillon is a pretty decent choice, but I prefer someone else though, perhaps you should add AR Man and Wonder Red. I think the rest is fine.
I wouldn't say that I'm very much in favor of AR Man, Nintendo has really done with much with the AR Gimmick as of late. I'm sure we'll still see him in the game as a trophy. That and he doesn't exactly represent what I'm representing with Dillon.
I don't think adding Wonder Red is a good idea, I mean we haven't gotten his game yet. It's too late for him to be realistically considered in my opinion, it's just too much of gamble to add him in without having any real reception of how well liked the game and character actually will be. At the very most, I can certainly see him with Assist Trophy potential.

Thanks for the comments you two.
  • Paper Mario - If you're picking a Super Mario Brothers character, you should pick someone from a Super Mario Brothers game (Toad and Bowser Jr.). Even the mainstream Mario Spinoffs (Parties, Karts, and Sports) could be represented in this spot too (Waluigi). But Paper Mario is more of a Mario Spin Off franchise in my eyes, meaning that he would make more sense with Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario in the second column. That's something I've always thought of, at least.
  • Diddy and Dixie - I don't think it can happen, we've already heard that they're having problems with the Ice Climbers on the 3DS version. Adding another type of that character won't really help that issue, especially if they have different moves rather than the same ones the Ice Climbers share. If we're seeing a playable Dixie Kong, I think it's safe to say that she'll go solo or have Kiddy Kong tag along with her (But that much I still doubt).
  • Classic Link - I still think that if we get to keep our Timeline rep in the Zelda franchise, it's going to a Link with proportional differences from the original one. That being said Toon Link is still the way to go if you're going for that.
  • Isaac - I think Isaac has ran his course. His last shot was Brawl and he became an assist trophy. I'm under the impression that Golden Sun lost it's chance at that, especially with the lackluster success of Dark Dawn (Versus the other assist trophy games that came out after Brawl, that ended up doing fairly well in comparison). So I'm under the impression that it's too late for him now, but that's my opinion at least.
  • New Star Fox character - Honestly the least likely thing in your roster in my opinion. We haven't seen another new Star Fox in awhile now and while yes, the next character would probably be Krystal, we don't need another Star Fox character. We've got the Team Captain, the Wingman (No pun intended), and the Rival Pilot. Nobody else really needs to be added other than those three. I also don't think it's right for them to have more characters than the Kirby Franchise.
  • Unova Trainer - I'm still under the impression that Gen 5 will have a Boss to rep them (Kyurem anybody?) Otherwise, we can't replace Pokemon Trainer he's got Charizard for goodness sake. We can't get rid of the most popular Pokemon ever.
  • Roy returning over Ike - This just can't happen, if Ike got priority over Roy before, what changes that now? Roy isn't relevant at all still, in comparison to Mewtwo who's got a new role in the new game. Roy's chances and priority are most likely going to be very low in comparison to the other FE characters, but we can see how far the Japanese fan support can push him.
Other than those it looks pretty solid to me. 50 / 51 selectable characters might be a bit too much, but certainly workable.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Main reason why I mentioned her as a bias character, I think she has a realistic chance and with enough fan support she could make it in.

That this not suggest that a Star Fox character won't return though, if you're perfectly fine with me keeping Toon Link why should I remove a semi-clone character? We also can't be sure if he was just referring to the brawl cast or was referring to every playable character that has been playable in a Smash game (Yes, this includes Pichu and Young Link too).

I personally highly doubt that we'll see anything below Fourty and seeing as they want to add as many as possible I think we can get the 45 / 46 character roster. Have a little more faith.

I don't know, I still don't think that they should go past Metroid in terms of playable characters (But then again we were going to see three in the previous game). I'm fully aware that Fire Emblem: Awakening must have a large presence in the game, but if it is enough to warrant a character inclusion and even possibly replace Ike if it gets to the point where that might need to happen we'll see.

I wouldn't say that I'm very much in favor of AR Man, Nintendo has really done with much with the AR Gimmick as of late. I'm sure we'll still see him in the game as a trophy. That and he doesn't exactly represent what I'm representing with Dillon.
I don't think adding Wonder Red is a good idea, I mean we haven't gotten his game yet. It's too late for him to be realistically considered in my opinion, it's just too much of gamble to add him in without having any real reception of how well liked the game and character actually will be. At the very most, I can certainly see him with Assist Trophy potential.

Thanks for the comments you two.

I'll just take a look at your prediction roster and mention things that I think should be mentioned:
  • Paper Mario - If you're picking a Super Mario Brothers character, you should pick someone from a Super Mario Brothers game (Toad and Bowser Jr.). Even the mainstream Mario Spinoffs (Parties, Karts, and Sports) could be represented in this spot too (Waluigi). But Paper Mario is more of a Mario Spin Off franchise in my eyes, meaning that he would make more sense with Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario in the second column. That's something I've always thought of, at least.
  • Diddy and Dixie - I don't think it can happen, we've already heard that they're having problems with the Ice Climbers on the 3DS version. Adding another type of that character won't really help that issue, especially if they have different moves rather than the same ones the Ice Climbers share. If we're seeing a playable Dixie Kong, I think it's safe to say that she'll go solo or have Kiddy Kong tag along with her (But that much I still doubt).
  • Classic Link - I still think that if we get to keep our Timeline rep in the Zelda franchise, it's going to a Link with proportional differences from the original one. That being said Toon Link is still the way to go if you're going for that.
  • Isaac - I think Isaac has ran his course. His last shot was Brawl and he became an assist trophy. I'm under the impression that Golden Sun lost it's chance at that, especially with the lackluster success of Dark Dawn (Versus the other assist trophy games that came out after Brawl, that ended up doing fairly well in comparison). So I'm under the impression that it's too late for him now, but that's my opinion at least.
  • New Star Fox character - Honestly the least likely thing in your roster in my opinion. We haven't seen another new Star Fox in awhile now and while yes, the next character would probably be Krystal, we don't need another Star Fox character. We've got the Team Captain, the Wingman (No pun intended), and the Rival Pilot. Nobody else really needs to be added other than those three. I also don't think it's right for them to have more characters than the Kirby Franchise.
  • Unova Trainer - I'm still under the impression that Gen 5 will have a Boss to rep them (Kyurem anybody?) Otherwise, we can't replace Pokemon Trainer he's got Charizard for goodness sake. We can't get rid of the most popular Pokemon ever.
  • Roy returning over Ike - This just can't happen, if Ike got priority over Roy before, what changes that now? Roy isn't relevant at all still, in comparison to Mewtwo who's got a new role in the new game. Roy's chances and priority are most likely going to be very low in comparison to the other FE characters, but we can see how far the Japanese fan support can push him.
Other than those it looks pretty solid to me. 50 / 51 selectable characters might be a bit too much, but certainly workable.
You have 51 characters. That is why it is to high.
and FE will get a new rep. Ax ike and add in someone new.

My Current Roster:

Bowser Jr - Has played a big villain role in Mario games since the start of the Wii and DS generation
Diddy/Dixie - "Originally planned" to be like this in Brawl, Dixie is returning with the new Donkey Kong
Zelda/Impa - Impa made her return with Skyward Sword and is the protector of Zelda (easily fits the Sheik role), Zelda takes more of a Skyward Sword approach
Ghirahim - Played a big villain role in Skyward Sword (very important to the story, being basically tied to one of the main cast)
Toon Ganondorf - Wind Waker is returning in HD (gives Toon Link a villain since Ghirahim is there for Link and Zelda/Impa)
Ridley - Long standing Metroid villain/Samus's Rival (plays a big role in Other M, in which Samus is already based off of)
Palutena - Kid Icarus returned and she is one of the bigger characters in the series (been in since the beginning)
Little Mac - Punchout returned and Little Mac is a legendary Nintendo character
Matthew - The current lead to Golden Sun (marks the start of the main story)
Isa Jo - The current lead to Sin & Punishment (marks the physical localization of the series)
Johto Trainer (Ethan) - The Johto region was brough back with the remakes on the DS (another popular trainer, bring something new to the Pokemon roster)
Genesect - Big Pokemon from Gen 5 (popular in movie, adds a villain choice for the franchise)
Awakened Mewtwo - Mewtwo is coming back with a new form in Gen 6 (popular in the new movie as well)
Robin - Bring a new class to Fire Emblem (adds the avatar, fitting in with the likes of the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer potentially being multi-gendered)
Chrom - Big lead in Fire Emblem Awakening
Takamaru - Popular retro choice (beein making a "return" lately)
Sheriff - Historical retro choice (reps the arcade and early Nintendo)
Shulk - Xenoblade was a big release on the Wii and Monolithsoft is continuing to support Nintendo with X (Shulk is the lead and the game revolves around his weapon the Monado)
Pac-Man - Historical Video Game character (has had collaborations with Mario before)
Mii - Big inclusion on the Wii (gives people a chance to use their custom Miis for something)

Morbi

Scavenger
To many characters also.
Overall, not bad.
I don't know. Nintendo is expressing an interest to revive the Kid Icarus series. I could see Magnus or Palutena making it in. Not only did Sakurai work on Uprising with Sora Ltd. He also pushed Yoshi off the trailer to show Pit. I think another KI rep is imminent.

I am worried Wolf will get cut despite being on of the most important Starfox characters. Falco is probably here to stay because he is a melee veteran.

Fire Emblem... to be honest I think it would be cool if they took out Marth and Ike for Chrom. He seems like the best of both. Or add a female rep this time around like Lyn or Lucina. I am very excited to see what they do for Fire Emblem. :castlesiege:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You have 51 characters. That is why it is to high.
51 in character total, including every transformable character and the customizable character (Because many people. Everyone has a different way of counting characters.
FE will get a new rep. Ax ike and add in someone new.
Sounds more like a demand, rather than a suggestion. We don't know what'll happen with the Fire Emblem franchise and I'm under the impression that despite that large amount of presence Fire Emblem: Awakening will have in the game, we already have two characters from it as it is.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
If FE gets a new rep for its current popularity why not another KI rep?
FE's had over a dozen games, KI has had three. FE has a fanbase, KI doesn't. FE has the possibility of losing Ike still and us being brought down to two characters still which is the same as before, KI doesn't. FE has had two characters in Smash every game, Pit's only been in Brawl. FE isn't done by Sakurai, Sakurai has modesty. People have say requested Roy back, KI got it's request later.

I'm not trying to put Palutena down, I mean, I'm personally for at least SOME more supporting characters on the roster and she still has many merits, but you're kinda comparing apples to oranges there. Hell, sans F-Zero, the Retro's, technically SF, and Mother, everything has got an update. Nintendo's actually noticing Earthbound now and commented on the other two so...

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Hi there, new here and cannot wait for SSB4!

Here's a roster I made, what do you guys think? 44 characters is the best middle ground IMO.

3DS Roster.png

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I seriously don't know who to cut, maybe merging Samus and ZSS again but I remember someone said that Samus had a new Smash and she didn't lose her armor.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
My biggest criticisms would be that you dropped Ike for Chrom. The three are distinct enough and can most definitely coexist with each other, not to mention that Ike still retains a lot of popularity, especially when Priam was introduced in Awakening.

As to having a Diddy/Dixie duo I think it would be better to have Dixie as her own independent character. Though the question is will King K. get in due to his support or will Dixie get in because of her being planned as well as appearing in Tropical Freeze.

And as said before you could probably merge Samus and ZSS but other than that your roster looks pretty good.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hi there, new here and cannot wait for SSB4!

Here's a roster I made, what do you guys think? 44 characters is the best middle ground IMO.

View attachment 1057

This is 47 characters from what I counted (Dixie, Sheik and Newtwo would all require their own moveset also.)
That is still to high, but I am not going to argue against it.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap. If that's how it's counted I have then 50. Charizard and the rest have their own moveset.

And yep after thinking about it the Zelda series had 4 reps since Melee, will add a rep for ZS Samus and merge her with Samus.

I also don't think the FE series deserves 3 reps, yet.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Again, I disagree. Lucario is still a popular 4th Generation Pokemon and even further proves it with the anime and movies. He's more recurring than Jigglypuff in the anime and movies, so I don't see why remove him over someone else. Jiggly's only argument is she's a member of the Original 12, which makes her stay anyway.
Jigglypuff is in for several more reasons than just being in the first SSB :laugh:

Yea. I mean i'm obviously against cuts in general. But no other Pokemon out there comes even close to the popularity of Mewtwo or Lucario at the moment, and honestly I don't think Sakurai would go back and think, "Well, we were planning to have both of them in Brawl. Oh well, screw Lucario!". I really don't see that happening.
If Mewtwo is only able to transform into the X&Y rep, he wouldn't really count as an X&Y rep and thus we have no new Pok'emon rep. So we must either keep him in X&Y form or replace Lucario with someone else.

quote="Ariand/AEM, post: 15617932, member: 151491"]So I've changed my roster for the upteenth time.

/quote]

Can someone PLEASE explain the logic in having Skyward Zelda???Like, now.

To many characters also.
Overall, not bad.
Neither of those characters will even be considered for removal (except MAYBE Wolf)
Just because they are semi-clones doesn't mean anything. People are removed because of CHARACTER. Example Ness (someone who would be a semi-clone of Lucas)was kept for only one reason in Brawl. People like the character. Another example is that Dr. Mario & Pichu were removed because they did not represent their series well at all. Not just because they were clones.

I did NOT just hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom