• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can someone PLEASE explain the logic in having Skyward Zelda???Like, now.
Is it wrong to like SS Zelda?

No really, I think AEM is probably just hoping for Smash 4 to go with Zelda's Skyward Sword design. (And she does look better than TP Zelda, imo).

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Jigglypuff is in for several more reasons than just being in the first SSB :laugh:
I love it when you don't ever elaborate until someone asks you to. It's really helpful.

If Mewtwo is only able to transform into the X&Y rep, he wouldn't really count as an X&Y rep and thus we have no new Pok'emon rep. So we must either keep him in X&Y form or replace Lucario with someone else.
Or, instead of following this rule that he has to be in his Awakened Forme, we could just implement him as normal so that genwunners and Melee fans alike will appreciate his appearance. Awakened Forme can be an alternate form or at the very least a final smash so X&Y representation is still there.

Can someone PLEASE explain the logic in having Skyward Zelda???Like, now.
Is being the most recent console Zelda game at the time not enough reason? That's how OoT Link got into SSB64 and Melee and how Twilight Princess Link got into Brawl.

Of course, if Zelda U is the same art-style as Link is in SSB4, it'd be easy to see the support of Skyward Zelda immediately shifting over to the new Zelda.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I love it when you don't ever elaborate until someone asks you to. It's really helpful.

Or, instead of following this rule that he has to be in his Awakened Forme, we could just implement him as normal so that genwunners and Melee fans alike will appreciate his appearance. Awakened Forme can be an alternate form or at the very least a final smash so X&Y representation is still there.

Is being the most recent console Zelda game at the time not enough reason? That's how OoT Link got into SSB64 and Melee and how Twilight Princess Link got into Brawl.

Of course, if Zelda U is the same art-style as Link is in SSB4, it'd be easy to see the support of Skyward Zelda immediately shifting over to the new Zelda.
Im still gonna keep saying that earning awakened form out side of a final smash is the best option.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Here is why:

1. Twilight Link: To still think Skyward Zelda will be in the game after the Twilight Link has already been confirmed is just ridiculously asinine. It's inconsistent and there is a reason Twilight versions will be playable which I have mentioned several times in the past. If you have Skyward Zelda (someone who is drastically different from the current SSB version.) Why on earth would you not have Skyward Link? Someone who would not require any change at all? Logic?

2. Twilight Characters and their design represent more of the series where as Skyward Sword versions represent only Skyward Sword. Even though they are no the same person, Wind Waker Link's design represents both Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. The design from Twilight Princess represents the N64 titles as well as Twilight Princess. They are considered the main design of the series.

EX: The Link from NES is not the same as LTTP, OOS/OOA/, or Awakening. Yet the DESIGN clearly is, and thus it represents more of the Zelda series than Skyward Sword which represents 1 game specifically.

3. Sheik: I can't really imagine Skyward Zelda transforming into Sheik. It doesn't really make much sense. She isn't really the type of girl who transforms into a Ninja woman. Of course Sheik was not in Twilight princess, but it made sense for that version of Zelda to transform into Sheik.

4. This design of Zelda may be adored by many, but is not as popular as Twilight Princess.

I seriously thought people knew this, or at least considered it.

I lose hope here when people add or remove characters SOLELY because of recent appearance.

Here we go again with "It was the last game that came out!" That's NOT the only reason why we had the Twilight design. And in case you didn't see the trailer for the new Super Smash Bros. Game, Twilight Link is STILL in it. You think they wouldn't use the recent Link, the one that doesn't have to be changed drastically to put in, but they WOULD with someone who does have to be changed drastically to put in?

Putting a character in for the sole reason of being the last game doesn't ALWAYS work. Maybe for less popular titles or to add a different character that people want more or is the new protagonist of the series as a whole. EX: Matthew is from a not so popular series and is now the new protagonist of that series. Mother doesn't have a main protagonist of the series and thus Lucas was considered to replace Ness. Poke'mon just keeps getting bigger and bigger so it makes sense to give each generation a turn (with the exception of Gen 1).

I'm trying to comprehend that people think Skyward Zelda will be playable after the confirmation of Twilight Link. Really???

As for Jigglypuff, my assumption is that I wouldn't have to explain something so obvious. But, surprisingly I do.

1. Jigglypuff's enormous popularity and fans. She is a fan favorite like Meowth, Pikachu, and Mewtwo.
2. Jigglypuff's popularity in the original Poke'mon anime.
3. Jigglpuff is one of the most famous Poke'mon ever.
4. That is how Poke'mon are decided. And she is still popular today. Don't believe me?: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...-time-bring-back-entire-smash-roster-wii-3ds/

How do you think she got IN Super Smash Bros. in the first place?

And awakened Mewtwo. Wouldn't getting the smash ball once and transforming into Newtwo make you NOT want to get the smash ball again? He's suppose to be more powerful. If you could change into Giga Bowser and stay that way wouldn't you ALWAYS want to be Giga Bowser. There is a thing in game theory: It says if you are given an ultimate method of disposing of obstacles, you're ALWAYS going to use it. So transforming into Newtwo is entirely pointless. It would make more sense just to start out with him.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Here is why:

1. Twilight Link: To still think Skyward Zelda will be in the game after the Twilight Link has already been confirmed is just ridiculously asinine. It's inconsistent and there is a reason Twilight versions will be playable which I have mentioned several times in the past. If you have Skyward Zelda (someone who is drastically different from the current SSB version.) Why on earth would you not have Skyward Link? Someone who would not require any change at all? Logic?

2. Twilight Characters and their design represent more of the series where as Skyward Sword versions represent only Skyward Sword. Even though they are no the same person, Wind Waker Link's design represents both Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. The design from Twilight Princess represents the N64 titles as well as Twilight Princess. They are considered the main design of the series.

EX: The Link from NES is not the same as LTTP, OOS/OOA/, or Awakening. Yet the DESIGN clearly is, and thus it represents more of the Zelda series than Skyward Sword which represents 1 game specifically.

3. Sheik: I can't really imagine Skyward Zelda transforming into Sheik. It doesn't really make much sense.

4. This design of Zelda may be adored by many, but is not as popular as Twilight Princess.

I seriously thought people knew this, or at least considered it.

I lose hope here when people add or remove characters SOLELY because of recent appearance.

Here we go again with "It was the last game that came out!" That's NOT the only reason why we had the Twilight design. And in case you didn't see the trailer for the new Super Smash Bros. Game, Twilight Link is STILL in it. You think they wouldn't use the recent Link, the one that doesn't have to be changed drastically to put in, but they WOULD with someone who does have to be changed drastically to put in?

Putting a character in for the sole reason of being the last game doesn't ALWAYS work. Maybe for less popular titles or to add a different character that people want more or is the new protagonist of the series as a whole. EX: Matthew is from a not so popular series and is now the new protagonist of that series. Mother doesn't have a main protagonist of the series and thus Lucas was considered to replace Ness. Poke'mon just keeps getting bigger and bigger so it makes sense to give each generation a turn (with the exception of Gen 1).

I'm trying to comprehend that people think Skyward Zelda will be playable after the confirmation of Twilight Link. Really???
But we don't have TP Link. We have the all-encompassing Link

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Our new Link in SSB4. I see him more of an all-encompassing Link than the TP Link
That's exactly WHY they chose TP Link. That is the ENTIRE point of the statement I previously made.

I burst into laughter when I saw this. :laugh:

Anyways,we can hope for Zelda to take her SS look, right?:rolleyes:
Sure you can HOPE for her. But what's even funnier is that you think she will be in it when Skyward Link isn't. It's reasons like this why this thread loses it's credibility. Is that also your reaction when you see something you don't like? Laughter. I mean if you were laughing because somebody posted something stupid and didn't give several un-arguable reasons why I could understand. But, I guess that's what most people do if they have nothing to defend why their prediction isn't stupid or like I said "not gonna happen" is to insult the statements that prove things wrong.

EX: Bricks are heavier than feathers!? I am dying of laughter :rotfl:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Except they didn't confirm Twilight Princess Link. They confirmed Link. Period. They can just as easily choose to make a Skyward Sword style Zelda with similar shading to the Link in SSB4, just like they did with Brawl-ifying Toon Link from being cel-shaded.

And did you say Twilight Princess characters represent the series more? That implies the series is supposed to be represented as dark and realistic. They do not represent the N64 games. The N64 Links do. The Links from Melee and SSB64 do. Twilight Princess does not. Skyward Sword represents the series as a whole as much as Twilight Princess does. If you're going to insist which designs will work based on your own bias, please, make it reasonable. At the very least, if you're going to flash around arguments like "They are considered the main design of the series", you should have a source for that. A point without credibility is no point at all. For example:

This design of Zelda may be adored by many, but is not as popular as Twilight Princess. I seriously thought people knew this, or at least considered it.
See that? You're saying it's not as popular as Twilight Princess without any citation there. What is this based off of? Familiarity? Initial reception? Where are your statistics? Polls showing this? Articles online? Anything? You are literally throwing out whatever pops in your head as fact. You can tell us all that "You just don't get it!" all you want, you won't be winning anyone's favor unless you go about this with some legitimacy to your arguments. If you're not here to recruit others to joining your side of an argument, then you're here to just argue and nothing more. And if you're seriously here to do that, your points will be looked upon as unprofessional and nonsensical. That's just how debate works.

And awakened Mewtwo. Wouldn't getting the smash ball once and transforming into Newtwo make you NOT want to get the smash ball again? He's suppose to be more powerful. If you could change into Giga Bowser and stay that way wouldn't you ALWAYS want to be Giga Bowser. There is a thing in game theory: It says if you are given an ultimate method of disposing of obstacles, you're ALWAYS going to use it. So transforming into Newtwo is entirely pointless. It would make more sense just to start out with him.
If Newtwo is going to be an alternate form rather than just a final smash, then he would need to be on par with Mewtwo, meaning not more powerful. If Newtwo is going to be a final smash that only lasts for a while, then obviously it can be more powerful at the expense of not being normally playable. Bowser does not stay in Giga Bowser form forever after activating his final smash, yet you're basing it off of that. The two are points are not correlated, meaning using Giga Bowser as an example proves nothing.

My point stands. It makes sense for Mewtwo to be playable in his regular forme, regardless of whether or not his Awakened forme is a final smash or an alternate form.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I don't think we'd be able to really think of a mechanic like that until we find out how exactly Mewtwo changes form into Newtwo in X&Y.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Does anybody have any creative ideas for a good earning condition for mewtwo to be able to transform to awakened form mid match?
I think the transformation shouldn't be forced.

I believe it's better to use the 2nd forme Mewtwo as a Final Smash or a transformation a la Zelda/Sheik.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I think the transformation shouldn't be forced.

I believe it's better to use the 2nd forme Mewtwo as a Final Smash or a transformation a la Zelda/Sheik.
I feel that's a cop out though, I would rather use the chance to make it an interesting way of earning a better form of your character, that way momentum swings and various changes in how you play the match would occur, I really don't see newtwo having a different Moveset but just one with better stats/properties. In your new form you would have different move properties be faster and have a better time controlling the match overall (till newtwo dies and you start the process all over again) I think it could make for a very satisfying character.

G4GaMiNg2

Smash Rookie
NNID
G4Gaming
All of these prediction rosters don't include any more Mother 3 people. What about Duster? He wouldn't be clone! And Porky! Heck, even Fassad could be possible! :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nobody has considered the Awakening forme as a "pity" transformation yet?
If it becomes a Final Smash, it would serve as a pity transformation as well, using the Pity Final Smash.

All of these prediction rosters don't include any more Mother 3 people. What about Duster? He wouldn't be clone! And Porky! Heck, even Fassad could be possible! :/
Another mother rep is pretty unlikely at this point. The series really isn't big enough to warrant 3 characters. Though I would love it if Porky becomes playable. :awesome:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
As much as I am for more Mother characters, only Porky and Masked Man stand an even remotely plausible chance, the former best representing the series with the latter having the most known support.

In a perfect world, Shigesato Itoi would have been the director for Smash Bros. rather than Sakurai.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Except they didn't confirm Twilight Princess Link. They confirmed Link. Period. They can just as easily choose to make a Skyward Sword style Zelda with similar shading to the Link in SSB4, just like they did with Brawl-ifying Toon Link from being cel-shaded.

And did you say Twilight Princess characters represent the series more? That implies the series is supposed to be represented as dark and realistic. They do not represent the N64 games. The N64 Links do. The Links from Melee and SSB64 do. Twilight Princess does not. Skyward Sword represents the series as a whole as much as Twilight Princess does. If you're going to insist which designs will work based on your own bias, please, make it reasonable. At the very least, if you're going to flash around arguments like "They are considered the main design of the series", you should have a source for that. An point without credibility is no point at all. For example:

See that? You're saying it's not as popular as Twilight Princess without any citation there. What is this based off of? Familiarity? Initial reception? Where are your statistics? Polls showing this? Articles online? Anything? You are literally throwing out whatever pops in your head as fact. You can tell us all that "You just don't get it!" all you want, you won't be winning anyone's favor unless you go about this with some legitimacy to your arguments. If you're not here to recruit others to joining your side of an argument, then you're here to just argue and nothing more. And if you're seriously here to do that, your points will be looked upon as unprofessional and nonsensical. That's just how debate works.

If Newtwo is going to be an alternate form rather than just a final smash, then he would need to be on par with Mewtwo, meaning not more powerful. If Newtwo is going to be a final smash that only lasts for a while, then obviously it can be more powerful at the expense of not being normally playable. Bowser does not stay in Giga Bowser form forever after activating his final smash, yet you're basing it off of that. The two are points are not correlated, meaning using Giga Bowser as an example proves nothing.

My point stands. It makes sense for Mewtwo to be playable in his regular forme, regardless of whether or not his Awakened forme is a final smash or an alternate form.
Didn't confirm TP Link? Yeah, and they also didn't confirm DK was from the Country series instead of the Arcade series. Remember the clip of Link standing in front of Hyrule Castle? Remember what he looked like and his voice? Kind of confirms that already. Again, please watch the trailer. :facepalm:

And did you say Twilight Princess characters represent the series more? That implies the series is supposed to be represented as dark and realistic.

Uh, actually no it doesn't. And it certainly didn't for SSBB. So where is your point? That's like saying Young Link represents morbid and disturbing because he was in Majora's Mask. It doesn't matter what the THEME is. Please Explain further how you came to that conclusion.

Skyward Sword represents the series as a whole as much as Twilight Princess does. If you're going to insist which designs will work based on your own bias, please, make it reasonable.

I'm sorry.....what? I already explained why it doesn't and why TP does. And what I said is reasonable. Why is it the ONLY time you guys are like. "What you said doesn't make sense." is when it's something that can't be denied? You resort to nothing, but. "What I said is right." or "That's just bias" And then give no reason why or just something that contradicts what you already said. I am getting so tire of that. And if you guys aren't going to accept something so plainly obvious after I give you SEVERAL reasons why and then ask questions I have already answered I will ignore you. If you want answers to what you posted here go back to the post you replied to. You obviously didn't read it.

And you go making lies like I said they represent the main design of the ENTIRE series or that what I said implies something completely different. Honestly?

And again where does it make sense to have Mewtwo transform into something that's almost exactly the same? Again, pointless. It only works as a temporary Final Smash or as a character you always play as. And if it's just a Final Smash You have no X&Y rep. So again why would you not have a NEW pokemon?

See that? You're saying it's not as popular as Twilight Princess without any citation there. What is this based off of? Familiarity? Initial reception? Where are your statistics? Polls showing this? Articles online? Anything? You are literally throwing out whatever pops in your head as fact.

Just because you are blissfully unaware of all of this doesn't mean anything. Except that you have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you should read reviews. Look up statistics, polls, and all that stuff like I did before I posted this. You want me to go waste my time surfing the internet for you for links to info people are already aware of. Look it up yourself so you can learn from your own mistakes. Your abnormal lack of info awareness should not be my responsibility.

You're killing me here.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm just going to put this out there since anything I say to you would apparently be as nonsensical and offensive regardless.

I think you are autistic, Noah.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I guess I'll wait until we have more info on newtwo before I try to bring that question up again, as for an earthbound character porky is the optimal choice and would be an amazing addition (and a giygas stage!!!) I just doubt we will get him since his popularity is unfortunately not that high, but you never know. Just the idea of a psychic spiderbot character is amazing.

G4GaMiNg2

Smash Rookie
NNID
G4Gaming
If they were gonna add another fire emblem character other than Chrom (and his daughter) I'd want Lyn. I grew up with Fire Emblem 7, and though it is a long shot, im hoping . :l

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people seem to be adding Palutena/Magnus to their rosters, but I'm quite sure the Kid Icarus games won't get another representative... It's not like Kid Icarus is that big of a franchise.
Some people try to back up this inclusion by saying Sakurai would be biassed to put them in because he worked on KI-U, but Sakurai already was hesitant to put three Kirby characters in the game, not wanting to overrepresent his franchise...

My predictions:
Wolf, Toon Link, Lucario, Snake will most likely be cut (lucas probably also, whiwh makes me sad :( )
R.O.B. and pokemon trainer might be cut.
Ike will probably be replaced by another FE representative (I would love it to be Anna, but it will probably be Chrom)
There's still a chance for Little Mac, I really hope he will be in it, but seeing that boxing ring being designed as pure "smash" without any Little Mac elements to it, make me hesitant.
I hope for Ridley, but his chances are quite low...

Other possibilities;
duck hunt dog (as a retro rep, probably won't happen though),
Mewtwo is almost a given,
if any of Namco's characters will be in it, it would be Pac-Man
My biggest wish is for King K. Rool to be in it, but his chances are slim also, in favor of...
Dixie Kong :/
A new rep for Zelda (Tingle/Demise), Skull Kid's chances are really low :( ...

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Here's my 46 slot roster with 50 move sets.

I decided to include some less likely but still plausible fighters that would add variety to the roster and made just two cuts from Brawl. Just Toon Link and Snake with some of their attributes being passed on to new fighters.

SSB4_46_2_Roster.png

That has generally been my most wanted 3rd party roster. Especially Mega Man and Bomberman. I could do without Pacman but he's well worthy of a slot in my opinion. Snake could return instead of Bomberman as it stands I believe Konami owns Hudson Soft the makers of Bomberman and even though Snake has been on very few Nintendo console and portable games the relationship between Sakurai and Kojima gives him a strong shot for return.

I wanted a small and fast sword fighter to replace Toon Link in a sense and the more I read about the prince of Sable the more I want to see him make it in as the yet to be revived classic character that Sakurai has supposedly eluded to. (note I'm not saying he ever implied prince of Sable was the character) but you can consider his slot the potential home of any number of yet to be revived classic characters.

I'd be okay with a Mii but I'd rather have another actual character than be able to play as a Mii.

I fully stand by including Sami taking up some of Snake's weapon based moves and representing the Advance Wars franchise instead of Andy or someone else.

Shulk I'm a bit iffy on but Xenoblade is pretty popular. I'd cut him before Isaac because Golden Sun is a 3 game franchise already and one I feel is criminally under represented in Smash Bros thus far.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom