• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Why the hell are the mods slacking off about this and why isn't he banned at this point? I don't bloody believe this crap is actually slipping past the radar, it's like no one gives a damn about quality anymore.
It's funny when people argue.
I likes me some internet drama.

I don't really see why Noah should be banned, though. I mean, he's annoying people, but still.

So heres my final roster until E3. (Any rosters i make before E3/Nintendo Direct are just for fun and not exactly serious)

1. Did some re-arranging.

2. Got rid of Lucina and put Roy.

3. Added alt choices for third parties. Random Button is also there in case third parties get removed from the game completely.
Yeah. I feel like Ryu Hayabusa has a better chance then Simon Belmont and i also think Tecmo earned a spot as far as third parties go. However, it doesn't mean it will happen.

4. Got rid of Isa and brought back Mach Rider. :emptysheep:

I like the main third-party choices. Not sure if Roy or Ike should be replaced by Chrom.
Mach Rider and that Hero person are kinda random; replace Mach Rider with Balloon Fighter.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's an answer to your question. Straight from his YouTube channel, proof of his childishness.

I have no words.

He is either some kind of mastermind troll with way too much time on his hands, or some person who can't let anything go and seriously needs help.

Considering he dodges questions and his logic patterns. I'm convinced he's a troll. People can't be this stupid.

I don't really see why Noah should be banned, though. I mean, he's annoying people, but still.
You should see his PMs. They would explain everything.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

I have no words.

He is either some kind of mastermind troll with way too much time on his hands, or some person who can't let anything go and seriously needs help.

Considering he dodges questions and his logic patterns. I'm convinced he's a troll. People can't be this stupid.
No, they can.

I acted somewhat like this on Serebii Fourm's SSBB thread in early 2007 when I first "joined the internet".

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No, they can.

I acted somewhat like this on Serebii Fourm's SSBB thread in early 2007 when I first "joined the internet".
Yeah. Reading through Noahs posts gives me the impression he's not used to having his opinions challenged.

Anyway, maybe we can leave the Noah bashing and actually talk roster stuff? I don't want this thread to get locked too, especially so close to E3.
So heres my final roster until E3. (Any rosters i make before E3/Nintendo Direct are just for fun and not exactly serious)

1. Did some re-arranging.

2. Got rid of Lucina and put Roy.

3. Added alt choices for third parties. Random Button is also there in case third parties get removed from the game completely.
Yeah. I feel like Ryu Hayabusa has a better chance then Simon Belmont and i also think Tecmo earned a spot as far as third parties go. However, it doesn't mean it will happen.

4. Got rid of Isa and brought back Mach Rider. :emptysheep:

Good **** for the most part. "Kenny"(and yes I'm still calling Red Hero that) is a bit questionable to me, as is Ryu Hayabusa, even as a potential substitute. Also not sure about Toon Zelda/Tetra.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I like the main third-party choices. Not sure if Roy or Ike should be replaced by Chrom.
Mach Rider and that Hero person are kinda random; replace Mach Rider with Balloon Fighter.
I prefer Mach Rider over Balloon Fighter. Plus i don't see Balloon Fighter having higher chances. I see them as equal. (Yeah. I know about Nintendo Land. However, Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider were both turned down during Melee. So thats why i see them on equal ground)

The Hero Person is the Leader character from Wonderful 101. (He's second party)

Good **** for the most part. "Kenny"(and yes I'm still calling Red Hero that) is a bit questionable to me, as is Ryu Hayabusa, even as a potential substitute. Also not sure about Toon Zelda/Tetra.
Then it's a good thing he (Ryu Hayabusa) isn't on the initial roster. :rolleyes:
Kenny is only there because i personally think a Platinum rep might happen. I know it's unlikely.

D

Deleted member

Pit was turned down in Melee.
Pit still made it into Brawl.
Takamaru was turned down in Melee.
People still think he will be in Smash 4.

So really, what makes Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider different from them?

(And if you're going by what was said on the Ice Climber's page, Sakurai didn't even bring up Mach Rider anyway)

D

Deleted member

Ah, I misinterpreted what you said.
Never mind.

(Thought you were raising the point that Balloon Fighter wasn't likely due to being turned down)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Here is my roster for you all to see.

Now I'd like to talk about DLC. If we were to get up to five DLC characters who do you think they would be? These are my choices.

Attachments

Strevo

Smash Rookie
I like this roster except that Palutena is a DLC character and that Toon Zelda is on the roster

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Now I'd like to talk about DLC. If we were to get up to five DLC characters who do you think they would be? These are my choices.
Here's mine...
thing4.png

Arceus would be a great surprise character, but I think other characters would work better. I just can't decide on one right now other than Arceus.
If he actually manages to be in Smash, he should be in as a fighter, not reduced to a Pokeball Pokemon.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am going to get trolled for this but I really do not think Palutena is a safe lock. Kid Icarus could vary well only have Pit as a rep. In fact, if it wasn't for popularity and requests from Japan and USA, I would not have Palutena in my roster. I still think it is about 50/50 on her or KI getting a 2nd rep in general.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am going to get trolled for this but I really do not think Palutena is a safe lock. Kid Icarus could vary well only have Pit as a rep. In fact, if it wasn't for popularity and requests from Japan and USA, I would not have Palutena in my roster. I still think it is about 50/50 on her or KI getting a 2nd rep in general.
Well no one's a lock.

It's just that we see her as extremely likely.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Me and you both. I still don't have Palutena in my roster.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'd put her as likely as Shulk or Isaac.

So...60-70% personally.
I can agree to that. I put Megaman, Bowser Jr., Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, and Little Mac all as more likely than Palutena. Even Pac-Man perhaps in my mind.

I am starting to fall more and more towards Toad being in the game (and he beats out Waluigi in my mind) because Toad is huge in NSMB series and we have had 3 NSMB games since Brawl. Toad also had a huge role in both Galaxy games.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I can agree to that. I put Megaman, Bowser Jr., Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, and Little Mac all as more likely than Palutena. Even Pac-Man perhaps in my mind.

I am starting to fall more and more towards Toad being in the game (and he beats out Waluigi in my mind) because Toad is huge in NSMB series and we have had 3 NSMB games since Brawl. Toad also had a huge role in both Galaxy games.
Toad's role in the Galaxy games wasn't that big. Jr. has a bigger role than he did.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
But Palutena is the princess of Nintendo, like Peach and Zelda. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So anyway, I updated my roster with two changes.

The first is that I dropped Chrom, and as much as it pains me to say it, the second change is that I dropped Starfy.

Some notes:

• All Brawl characters are kept.
  • Mewtwo (with the Awakened Form as a Final Smash) and Roy return.
  • The Ten Newcomers include: Toad, K. Rool, Takamaru, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Shulk, Goroh, Muddy Mole, and Mega Man, bringing us to a grand total of 51 characters.
  • Since all but Toad, Goroh, and Muddy are pretty much universally received by this forum, I'll just talk about these three.
    • Toad is in due to his long history with the Mario series, and as a cultural video game icon, as well as a potentially unique fighting style, using spores and grappling. Can be swapped for Bowser Jr., if you really want.
    • While the series is on a bit of a hiatus, I do find Goroh to be an okay bet. Sakurai seems to view Goroh as important, being shown in the Melee trailer, and being the F-Zero Assist Trophy in Brawl. That, and he's had steady character requests since the Melee trailer.
    • Muddy is chosen as a second new retro to coincide with Takamaru. Since Smash is going to be on both a home console and a portable console, I think that having a retro from each kind could be sort of neat. Muddy would be a starter on the 3DS version, and unlockable on the Wii U, with Takamaru being the reverse. When it comes to a retro Gameboy character, Muddy is honestly the best bet.
So yeah. That'll be my last ro(o)ster before E3. Hype Train time.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why would a Japanese-only character be a better bet than a worldwide character created by Miyamoto that Sakurai apparently has an affinity for?
Because Sakurai knows all Nintendo games, including the Japanese ones (Like dang Takamaru and Prince Sable). I think Prince Sable has more personality than Muddy Mole.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Reggie confirmed.
I knew it.
Then we should also have Iwata, because he's an even better Smasher than the Regginator. :awesome:

Arceus would be a great surprise character, but I think other characters would work better. I just can't decide on one right now other than Arceus.
What do you mean, a great surprise as in surprisingly awful? :laugh:

I didn't know only standing around in random levels was a huge role for Toad. :troll:
For Toad, yes, yes it is. :grin:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Because Sakurai knows all Nintendo games, including the Japanese ones (Like dang Takamaru and Prince Sable). I think Prince Sable has more personality than Muddy Mole.
Since when is personality a reason to add someone in over another? Even still Muddy Mole does have a cute and funny personality shown off in the cutscenes of his game.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

[*]Muddy is chosen as a second new retro to coincide with Takamaru. Since Smash is going to be on both a home console and a portable console, I think that having a retro from each kind could be sort of neat. Muddy would be a starter on the 3DS version, and unlockable on the Wii U, with Takamaru being the reverse. When it comes to a retro Gameboy character, Muddy is honestly the best bet.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
So yeah. That'll be my last ro(o)ster before E3. Hype Train time.
Well it's nice to see I'm not the only one with Muddy on my roster.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Prince Sable is quite humorous as well, if you played the game.
Personality means nothing towards chances unless it contributes to the popularity of the character, which it doesn't in Sables case.

And Sable has a better chance than Muddy because Sakurai knows about Sable's game? :facepalm:
Here's a surprise... Sakurai knows about Mole Mania as well. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom