• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
I've been told that a Namco rep tweeted something about Smash. It has been confirmed that there will be a trailer on Tuesday.

Awesome. I've looked at several different sources over the course of the day, some saying a trailer is 100% confirmed, others claiming it's likely; Sakurai and his infernal tweet.

I'd have been very surprised if there wasn't a trailer but it's good to know that's what I can expect.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Since the prediction roster I posted the other day got merged with an old post and buried away where no one will see it, here it is:

Notes:
- I put Chrom there very reluctantly. I expect the FE rep to have an equal chance of being Robin(gender changeable), Lucina or Roy. But I think we will only get 3 FE reps max so only one of these four most likely candidates.

- I think we may get up to twoish more characters than this. I didn't want to mess with the pretty design of the image though. Also the final couple become extremely hard to predict for me.
But I'd say someone out of Dixie, Megaman, Next gen pokemon (or Zoroark), Mii, Bowser Jr/Toad and Isaac.
For the sake of my prediction I'll go with the first two but I'm nowhere near as convinced about those two as the ones on the image.
Dillon, Toon Zelda and Saki were considered too but didn't quite cut it for me.

- Yes it's a safe conservative roster. That's exactly what I predict.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That's a pretty good roster, but I'm not too sure and happy that I'll be screaming the word 44 characters out on my head. 48 or 49 seems to fit my head better.
Maybe add Tom Nook, Prince Sable, Balloon Fighter, and also wheres Megaman?

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
On newcomers alone I'd definitely take it. It's 5 characters smaller than my prediction (On the top of my head I had Megaman, Bowser Jr, Tetra, Mach Rider and Miis as well but other than Megaman they're certainly less important and likely) but I predicted all the same ones as you. I'd prefer a roster with more characters certainly but if we got a 44 roster I'd be more than happy with this one.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's a very safe roster. I question the inclusions of Sonic and Snake but thats just personal ipinion. I applaud not cutting anyone out and managing to add Mewtwo. Overall, though, it doesn't take too many risks which is a good and bad thing. A bit sad to not see a new Zelda character, a second f-zero rep, and a 5/6th generation Pokemon.

Overall, a solid, predictable, and mainstream roster that invoportates public opinion and trends as well as logic yet does not take risks or challenges itself to go outside of the box. A good roster, overall.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
That's a pretty good roster, but I'm not too sure and happy that I'll be screaming the word 44 characters out on my head. 48 or 49 seems to fit my head better.
Maybe add Tom Nook, Prince Sable, Balloon Fighter, and also wheres Megaman?
Megaman is in the notes. I said I might add him and Dixie to the roster if it didn't mess with the symmetry. :chuckle:

It's a very safe roster. I question the inclusions of Sonic and Snake but thats just personal ipinion. I applaud not cutting anyone out and managing to add Mewtwo. Overall, though, it doesn't take too many risks which is a good and bad thing. A bit sad to not see a new Zelda character, a second f-zero rep, and a 5/6th generation Pokemon.

Overall, a solid, predictable, and mainstream roster that invoportates public opinion and trends as well as logic yet does not take risks or challenges itself to go outside of the box. A good roster, overall.
Ganondorf getting his own moveset will be like a new Zelda character to me!
Otherwise there's not really any re-occuring Zelda characters that aren't already in aside from Impa who only plays small roles usually. I mentioned Toon Zelda as a possibility in the notes but I hope not. Boring.

Thanks. Part of my prediction is that we WILL see a safe conservative final roster, which is why it appears that way.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Since the prediction roster I posted the other day got merged with an old post and buried away where no one will see it, here it is:

Notes:
- I put Chrom there very reluctantly. I expect the FE rep to have an equal chance of being Robin(gender changeable), Lucina or Roy. But I think we will only get 3 FE reps max so only one of these four most likely candidates.

- I think we may get up to twoish more characters than this. I didn't want to mess with the pretty design of the image though. Also the final couple become extremely hard to predict for me.
But I'd say someone out of Dixie, Megaman, Next gen pokemon (or Zoroark), Mii, Bowser Jr/Toad and Isaac.
For the sake of my prediction I'll go with the first two but I'm nowhere near as convinced about those two as the ones on the image.
I seriously doubt Pokemon will get more reps than Mario. Mario's there biggest series and haveing a series with more reps than it is weird and I find very unlikely. Also I don't like the fact that Megaman is absent, so I'd suggest adding Bowser Jr and Megaman.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Notes:

My only complaint is that while Mario and Zelda only have 5 characters, Pokemon has 6

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
My only complaint is that while Mario and Zelda only have 5 characters, Pokemon has 6
I seriously doubt Pokemon will get more reps than Mario. Mario's there biggest series and haveing a series with more reps than it is weird and I find very unlikely..
I usually include Yoshi in the Mario count. He is a regular character in Mario games. Having a spinoff series doesn't change the fact that he IS a Mario representative too.
Maybe Wario could fit that bill too at a stretch.
That makes them have equal or more.

Also I don't like the fact that Megaman is absent, so I'd suggest adding Bowser Jr and Megaman
No one reads the notes :smash:. I specifically said below that I might consider adding Megaman and maybe Bowser Jr if it didn't mess up the images symmetry.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

I usually include Yoshi in the Mario count. He is a regular character in Mario games. Having a spinoff series doesn't change the fact that he IS a Mario representative too.
Yoshi and Wario are not considered Mario characters in Smash though, they have there own icons and are separated from the Mario series, so they don't count.

No one reads the notes :smash:. I specifically said below that I might consider adding Megaman and maybe Bowser Jr if it didn't mess up the images symmetry.
I did read the notes and noticed that there were characters you were thinking of adding, so I suggested what I find to be the two best characters worth adding.

Autumn ♫

I think Yoshi and Wario are counted as different series along with DK as they have different trophies and different franchise icons.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Nope, that still won't work.

Consider this:
When Sakurai said giving Dr. Mario the same slot as Mario won't be feasible, there is no chance in hell that Lucina and Marth will share the same spot.

Still, if want to go by that route, put Lucina as an alt for Marth, not the other way around.

Rooster? But I only have a roster. :troll:

Posting in a minute. ;)

So you have Tingle, that's just crazy.
And why would we have Mewtwo AND Lucario. Not to mention no X & Y rep, not even a Black & White rep.
Having Samus & Zero Suit Samus as an option is good, but not as seperate characters.
If we have Ike, there is no need for Roy.
You don't even have that many characters.

Yeah, not gonna happen. Sorry. If this is your roster I don't think anything bad you say about mine could mean anything. :glare:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Yoshi and Wario are not considered Mario characters in Smash though, they have there own icons and are separated from the Mario series, so they don't count.
I think Yoshi and Wario are counted as different series along with DK as they have different trophies and different franchise icons.
They are officially counted that way. But they still represent the Mario series as long as they are a re-occuring character in it (DK is not).

It's like if Pikachu got his own spinoff game series and his icon changed, would they suddenly need to add another pokemon because there are now officially less?
No, that would be stupid.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman

Notes:

No Lloyd well that sucks. ( just kidding, it seems like a pretty good roster. Curse you Pacman. )

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
They are counted that way. But they still represent it.
It's like if Pikachu got his own spinoff game series and his icon changed, would they suddenly need to add another pokemon because there are now officially less?
Counting Yoshi, Wario, and DK as spin off series (which they are) Allows sakurai to add more characters. That's why he did it in SSB64

No Lloyd well that sucks. ( just kidding, it seems like a pretty good roster. Curse you Pacman. )
Now THIS is a reasonable roster. But, you gotta decide between Lucario & Mewtwo. And DEFINITELY needs MORE characters.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Hah. yeah, honestly I considered making a note about Lloyd saying that I don't know anything about him which means I'm unable to evaluate his chances. Maybe he has a better chance than Pac? I don't know, but based on my current knowledge Pac seems the obvious choice.

Regardless of the more "official" Pokemon than Mario characters in the image, I included Bowser Jr and Toad as possible entrants if I could fit another two spots gracefully.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Now THIS is a reasonable roster. But, you gotta decide between Lucario & Mewtwo. And DEFINITELY needs MORE characters.
Why would Mewtwo and Lucario be mutually exclusive, when there's proof that Sakurai intended to have both in Brawl?

Please, do elaborate.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So you have Tingle, that's just crazy.
And why would we have Mewtwo AND Lucario. Not to mention no X & Y rep, not even a Black & White rep.
Having Samus & Zero Suit Samus as an option is good, but not as seperate characters.
If we have Ike, there is no need for Roy.
You don't even have that many characters.

Yeah, not gonna happen. Sorry. If this is your roster I don't think anything bad you say about mine could mean anything. :glare:
Mewtwo can count as an X and Y rep you know.
As much as i'd hate to say this, i agree with you on the Samus and Zero Suit Samus thing.
Implying Roy and Ike would be clones.
You don't need a lot of characters to have a good roster. Sakurai already stated that he didn't want to add a lot of characters. Also, he has 49 characters. Thats actually a realistic number.....oh yeah. I forgot i'm talking to an arrogant idiot.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Hah. yeah, honestly I considered making a note about Lloyd saying that I don't know anything about him which means I'm unable to evaluate his chances. Maybe he has a better chance than Pac? I don't know, but based on my current knowledge Pac seems the obvious choice.

Regardless of the more "official" Pokemon than Mario characters, I included Bowser Jr and Toad as possible entrants if I could fit another two spots gracefully.
Yeah, I didn't do much research about Radiant Dawn so I kinda regret dropping Ike. That's the only one I didn't do much research about.

As much as i'd hate to say this, i agree with you on the Samus and Zero Suit Samus thing.
You don't need a lot of characters to have a good roster. Sakurai already stated that he didn't want to add a lot of characters. Also, he has 49 characters. Thats actually a realistic number.....oh yeah. I forgot i'm talking to an arrogant idiot.
Yeah, Mewtwo counts as an X & Y rep when he is in his X & Y form. Also don't get mad just because I shoot down your mistakes. :rolleyes:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Is this more like it Nean?
View attachment 794
I was stuck between Isaac, Dillon, and Krystal when it came to the spot below Captain Falcon.
>Red hero
I like it now.
Yeah, Mewtwo counts as an X & Y rep when he is in his X & Y form. Also don't get mad just because I shoot down your mistakes. :rolleyes:
Yep. Because everyone uses the picture. Oh wait. Not everyone uses the Newtwo form because it's a lot easier to just use the picture that's in the roster maker already.
well, it obviously wasn't a good idea if he didn't carry out that plan.:facepalm:
Proof? Don't have any? Thats what i thought.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Nuuuuu I don't actually predict 49 characters. I'd call it 44-47. Just gave a few different possibilities for the final few spots.

Great point about MewTwo.

Yep. Because everyone uses the picture. Oh wait. Not everyone uses the Newtwo form because it's a lot easier to just use the picture that's in the roster maker already..
Yeah I had Intended M2 to be transformable.

well, it obviously wasn't a good idea if he didn't carry out that plan.:facepalm:
They just ran out of time.

Is this more like it Nean?
View attachment 794
I was stuck between Isaac, Dillon, and Krystal when it came to the spot below Captain Falcon.
Would be very nice but I don't expect anything like that.

Autumn ♫

They are officially counted that way. But they still represent the Mario series as long as they are a re-occuring character in it (DK is not).

DK is in some Mario games although most are Sports and Mario Party. Also Pikachu kind of actually already had his own spin-off games with Hey You Pikachu and the Pokepark games.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
>Red hero
I like it now.

Yep. Because everyone uses the picture. Oh wait. Not everyone uses the Newtwo form because it's a lot easier to just use the picture that's in the roster maker already.

Proof? Don't have any? Thats what i thought.
Oh, I'm sorry I thought the assumption that you played brawl and noticed they weren't both in it was proof. I guess you didn't notice.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Your concept of proof is strange, considering it involves making an erroneous assumption.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Oh, I'm sorry I thought the assumption that you played brawl and noticed they weren't both in it was proof. I guess you didn't notice.
I love how your only counter argument is saying i didn't play Brawl. Great assumption there genius.

All because you think you can predict what Sakurai thinks.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I love how your only counter argument is saying i didn't play Brawl. Great assumption there genius. All because you think you can predict what Sakurai thinks.
I like how your counter argument isn't even a defense to your mistake.

Also I'd leave it to you guys to ACTUALLY believe I didn't think he played brawl. Oh, you guys.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

But Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon and has already had his own spin offs, but Sakurai didn't find it necessary for Pikachu to represent his own spinoff series, but he felt it necessary to do so for Yoshi. He felt Yoshi was big enough to warrant it, and he's been separated from the Mario series since the beginning. Smash 64 didn't have 3 Mario reps and melee didn't have 6. He's a Mario character in the Mario universe, but his own character in the Smash universe. Also Wario is not a reoccurring Mario character, he was only in 2 main Mario games and the last one he was in was almost 9 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom