• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think stickers would still be around, but like Wariofan1 said, they may be just for some type of customization, or perhaps even some type of currency so one could buy more stage parts in-game or something. Also, here's my roster:
View attachment 2348
One big concern is that Marth is gone, put Isaac over Matthew. I think evrything else is fine.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think stickers would still be around, but like Wariofan1 said, they may be just for some type of customization, or perhaps even some type of currency so one could buy more stage parts in-game or something. Also, here's my roster:
View attachment 2348

Whilst I usually prefer odder choices(Mike Jones AND Prince Sable? Interesting old school rep ideas! Banjo and Kazooie? Impossible, but makes a nice change to see them on a roster, Magnus is a strange choice, but okay!) the thing that struck me oddest about this roster is the lack of Marth. I've never really been a huge fan of his, but he is pretty much the only Fire Emblem character that is guaranteed to be returning. I think Ike and Chrom are likely too, but missing Marth is like missing Pikachu.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Whilst I usually prefer odder choices(Mike Jones AND Prince Sable? Interesting old school rep ideas! Banjo and Kazooie? Impossible, but makes a nice change to see them on a roster, Magnus is a strange choice, but okay!) the thing that struck me oddest about this roster is the lack of Marth. I've never really been a huge fan of his, but he is pretty much the only Fire Emblem character that is guaranteed to be returning. I think Ike and Chrom are likely too, but missing Marth is like missing Pikachu.
This, and Waluigi is horrible.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sure.

If you do want to get the Roster maker however, you can obtain it here: Jakor's Roster Maker V 6.1
Thank you. So here's my roster, if anyone wants me to explain my reasoning or if you disagree with one of my choices, just tell me. I'm kind of new to the roster making process, but I spent a lot of time thinking about this one.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

Paper Mario:
Paper Mario

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer (possibly with Pokemon)

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Krystal

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Chrom

F-Zero:
Cap. Falcon

Pikmin:
Olimar

Earthbound:
Ness

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Mr. G+W
R.O.B.
Takamaru

Animal Crossing:
Villager

Punch Out:
Little Mac

Wii:
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii

Xenoblade:
Shulk

3rd Party:
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man

So there it is. What do you guys think?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Thank you. So here's my roster, if anyone wants me to explain my reasoning or if you disagree with one of my choices, just tell me. I'm kind of new to the roster making process, but I spent a lot of time thinking about this one.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

Paper Mario:
Paper Mario

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Krystal

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Chrom

F-Zero:
Cap. Falcon

Pikmin:
Olimar

Earthbound:
Ness

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Mr. G+W
R.O.B.
Takamaru

Animal Crossing:
Villager

Punch Out:
Little Mac

Wii:
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii

Xenoblade:
Shulk

3rd Party:
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man

No real gripes but I don't think the Mii will be in the game and why the Lucas and Wolf cuts?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
View attachment 2348
Props for adding Banjo Kazooie. Even though its impossible, we can still dream.

Poor B&K, why did you have to go? :(

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

Paper Mario:
Paper Mario

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Krystal

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Chrom

F-Zero:
Cap. Falcon

Pikmin:
Olimar

Earthbound:
Ness

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Mr. G+W
R.O.B.
Takamaru

Animal Crossing:
Villager

Punch Out:
Little Mac

Wii:
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii

Xenoblade:
Shulk

3rd Party:
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man

The one thing that immediately sticks out is that Wolf was cut in favor of Krystal. I really don't see that happening. Wolf is more important to the series over all, is a veteran, and has a mostly unique moveset (save for the specials, of course). I'd say just keep Brawl's StarFox roster.

The other complaint is the removal of Lucas and Ike. Mother may be a finished series, but I doubt they'd reduce its numbers when there's really no one else to add, sans maybe Porky. That being said, I think Lucas will definitely stay. Plus, although it probably doesn't mean much, Sakurai's never cut a starter character before.

With Ike, I definitely think Fire Emblem can warrant three characters (heck, it almost got just that in Brawl, considering Roy was also planned). Plus, Ike is extremely important to the series as a whole, when compared to most other Lords in the game. So I'd make the roster Marth, Chrom and Ike, personally.

And I honestly don't see Lucario being cut either. That Mega form could make him even more unique, haha. Plus, Pokemon is a giant series. It can definitely warrant seven characters, so Brawl roster + Mewtwo seems like the way to go.

Then you also took out Toon Link and Snake. However, they are much more understandable than the other cuts, as much as I doubt their exclusion (particularly Snake's).

As far as your other additions to the roster, props for adding Little Mac, Chrom, Palutena, K. Rool, and Ridley. They're my five most wanted newcomers. :D

Over all, definitely not bad. I just don't think some of those cuts will happen. Definitely an 8.5/10 on my arbitrary scale.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No real gripes but I don't think the Mii will be in the game and why the Lucas and Wolf cuts?
I don't really want Mii, but I honestly think that it's bound to happen, so I put him on there.
I cut Wolf because he is very low priority to Sakurai, as he was added last minute. I wanted to get rid of Falco or Wolf, but Falco has been in Smash longer, so he has seniority on his side.
As for Lucas, I was never a fan, although if I ever played Mother 3 (which I want to) I probably would be. But I didn't cut him because I don't like him, but because his specials are too similar to Ness. If Sakurai changed his moveset, he would stay, but there are other characters who will get in before him IMO.
What's your opinion? You might change my mind, I've been rethinking the Wolf, Lucas, and Lucario cuts.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

LOUIE G.'S ROSTER(left out of quote to save space)

A pretty standard selection actually. A lot of people agree with the majority of what you've said here. Like Lasifer said Lucas and Wolf's exclusions are unusual. I'm guessing you cut Wolf for Krystal?

Ghirihim's also a little less universally guessed upon. You can elaborate this decision if you like, but everyone else seems fairly standard roster prediction.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The one thing that immediately sticks out is that Wolf was cut in favor of Krystal. I really don't see that happening. Wolf is more important to the series over all, is a veteran, and has a mostly unique moveset (save for the specials, of course). I'd say just keep Brawl's StarFox roster.

The other complaint is the removal of Lucas and Ike. Mother may be a finished series, but I doubt they'd reduce its numbers when there's really no one else to add, sans maybe Porky. That being said, I think Lucas will definitely stay. Plus, although it probably doesn't mean much, Sakurai's never cut a starter character before.

With Ike, I definitely think Fire Emblem can warrant three characters (heck, it almost got just that in Brawl, considering Roy was also planned). Plus, Ike is extremely important to the series as a whole, when compared to most other Lords in the game. So I'd make the roster Marth, Chrom and Ike, personally.

And I honestly don't see Lucario being cut either. That Mega form could make him even more unique, haha. Plus, Pokemon is a giant series. It can definitely warrant seven characters, so Brawl roster + Mewtwo seems like the way to go.

Then you also took out Toon Link and Snake. However, they are much more understandable than the other cuts, as much as I doubt their exclusion (particularly Snake's).

As far as your other additions to the roster, props for adding Little Mac, Chrom, Palutena, K. Rool, and Ridley. They're my five most wanted newcomers. :D

Over all, definitely not bad. I just don't think some of those cuts will happen. Definitely an 8.5/10 on my arbitrary scale.
I completely understand your reasoning.
I cut Wolf because I think that Star Fox only needs 3 characters, and although Wolf is more important, Krystal has more pontental to be unique.
You are correct about Fire Emblem, although I would probably prefer Roy over Ike.
Mother is very popular and well received, but Lucas was a but unnecessary IMO. Change his specials and Final Smash (to PK Love) and I'm a-okay with him returning.
As for Lucario, I've been second guessing myself on that too. The fact of the matter is, I prefer Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon to have the same number of reps. It was between Jiggs and Lucario, and I just don't want to see Jiggs go.
Snake's got a bit of a legal thing going on, as he means more to Sony than he does to Nintendo. I say definitely cut him, he never fit in anyway.
Toon Link is a character I really enjoy, but I don't see returning. He's a clone and he's involved in a stage (I really hope the latter doesn't happen to Ridley. ;)
Thanks for the feedback. 4 out of your 5 most wanted newcomers are mine too, just replace Chrom with Paper Mario, although I like Chrom as well!

A pretty standard selection actually. A lot of people agree with the majority of what you've said here. Like Lasifer said Lucas and Wolf's exclusions are unusual. I'm guessing you cut Wolf for Krystal?

Ghirihim's also a little less universally guessed upon. You can elaborate this decision if you like, but everyone else seems fairly standard roster prediction.
Yeah, I cut Wolf for Krystal. I'm rethinking it, but Krystal would be a more original character to me (if not just because of her staff). Plus, she won't get the Landmaster as a Final Smash.:awesome:
Ghirahim is more of a place holder Zelda rep than anything, but in terms of new Zelda villains, he's a bit more likely than Vaati or Skull Kid I think.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052

This, but I think Pokemon warrants five characters at best.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Why wouldn't she? She did use it in Star Fox: Assault's multiplayer.
Sorry, I've never played Assault.
I see her incorporating dinosaurs into her Final Smash, but hey, it is still very possible that she does in fact get the Landmaster.
If she's in, I really hope she doesn't.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

Paper Mario:
Paper Mario

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Krystal

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Chrom

F-Zero:
Cap. Falcon

Pikmin:
Olimar

Earthbound:
Ness

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Mr. G+W
R.O.B.
Takamaru

Animal Crossing:
Villager

Punch Out:
Little Mac

Wii:
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii

Xenoblade:
Shulk

3rd Party:
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man

Major issues are the cuts of Lucario, Wolf, and Toon Link. Other wise, decent.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Major issues are the cuts of Lucario, Wolf, and Toon Link. Other wise, decent.
Those 3, plus Lucas, are who I'm really second guessing myself on.
Lucario definitely still has a shot, what with his Mega Evolution making him relevant.
Wolf is more important than Krystal, but Krystal would be very hard to turn into even a Semi-Clone, so the fact of the matter is that they are interchangeable, although I would prefer Krystal in the final roster.
Toon Link is a little bundle of fun to play as, and as much as I want him in, evidence doesn't lie, and the Spirit Tracks stage really hurts his chances. He could very well return though, as Ghirahim is not final in my roster, just a placeholder for another Zelda rep.

Can I get some critique here, folks?
Pretty good overall, but now I'm going to have to argue the cut of Falco. He's been here since Melee, I'd be sad to see him go.
Duck Hunt Dog I would love to see though.:)
I think that Chrom gets in over Lucina, and in terms of Wonder Red, Genesect, and Chibi-Robo, I don't think it's their time yet.
I also think that Zelda and Pokemon need 4, the same as Mario. All 3 are the title franchises of Nintendo, and should be evened out.
Good roster overall though, if this was the final roster for the next game, I would not be disappointed.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Wolf is more important than Krystal, but Krystal would be very hard to turn into even a Semi-Clone, so the fact of the matter is that they are interchangeable, although I would prefer Krystal in the final roster.
Not especially, her staff can create a reflector, like Fox, Falco and Wolf's Down B. Her staff can create Rocket Boosts to propel her into the air, just like Fox, Falco and Wolf's Up B. Her staff can blast out energy projectiles, just like Fox, Falco and Wolf's Neutral B.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This, but I think Pokemon warrants five characters at best.
I was referring to the fact that Sakurai considers all of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon to be separate characters. I don't think we'll get seven slots. :laugh:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Those 3, plus Lucas, are who I'm really second guessing myself on.
Lucario definitely still has a shot, what with his Mega Evolution making him relevant.
Toon Link is a little bundle of fun to play as, and as much as I want him in, evidence doesn't lie, and the Spirit Tracks stage really hurts his chances. He could very well return though, as Ghirahim is not final in my roster, just a placeholder for another Zelda rep.
So you're cutting Wolf because of cloney status? It'd be better to cut Falco then, because he's MORE of a Fox clone then Wolf is.
You do realize that the SS Toon Link is an ENTIRELY different Toon Link from the WW version (which is the one that they used in Brawl and the one they'll likely use again.), right? So they could use WW Toon Link as a playable character and have SS Toon Link for a stage character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Not especially, her staff can create a reflector, like Fox, Falco and Wolf's Down B. Her staff can create Rocket Boosts to propel her into the air, just like Fox, Falco and Wolf's Up B. Her staff can blast out energy projectiles, just like Fox, Falco and Wolf's Neutral B.
Your right, I just don't see why Sakurai would do this. She has the potential to be very unique, unless he just decides in the end, "You know what? Let's add Krystal!"
Then, Krystal is in danger of being a clone.

So you're cutting Wolf because of cloney status? It'd be better to cut Falco then, because he's MORE of a Fox clone then Wolf is.
You do realize that the SS Toon Link is an ENTIRELY different Toon Link from the WW version (which is the one that they used in Brawl and the one they'll likely use again.), right? So they could use WW Toon Link as a playable character and have SS Toon Link for a stage character.
Okay, I see your points.
Falco I keep because he is a veteran from Melee. I don't see any Melee characters from Brawl being cut from the SSB4 roster. It's true though that Wolf is less of a clone.
I would love to see Toon Link return personally. He felt so drastically different than Link, but he is a clone. So change him up or kick him out.
Oh, by the way, Toon Link and Falco are both clones, so change them both up. I don't want to sound like a hypocrite standing up for Falco without potential moveset changes!

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i see no reason to cut any of the "clone" characters. they all deserve to be there just as much, in some cases more so, than other characters from their series.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
i see no reason to cut any of the "clone" characters. they all deserve to be there just as much, in some cases more so, than other characters from their series.
Sakurai stated that he wants to get rid of clones, so their chances are very low unless their moveset is changed.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Okay, I see your points.
Falco I keep because he is a veteran from Melee. I don't see any Melee characters from Brawl being cut from the SSB4 roster. It's true though that Wolf is less of a clone.
I would love to see Toon Link return personally. He felt so drastically different than Link, but he is a clone. So change him up or kick him out.
Oh, by the way, Toon Link and Falco are both clones, so change them both up. I don't want to sound like a hypocrite standing up for Falco without potential moveset changes!
De-cloning Toon Link is easy. Just add Deku Leaf as a new Up Special, Skull Hammer as a new Down Special, Hurricane Spin Attack as a new Side Special, and you have at least a semi-clone Toon Link.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think he ever explicitly stated that. It's just fan assumption.
Even if he did, he probably wouldn't have ok'd the idea to advertise Luigi of all people.

Truth be told I think the only real reason to remove any characters, clone or otherwise is time constraints/priority.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Pretty good overall, but now I'm going to have to argue the cut of Falco. He's been here since Melee, I'd be sad to see him go.
Duck Hunt Dog I would love to see though.:)
I think that Chrom gets in over Lucina, and in terms of Wonder Red, Genesect, and Chibi-Robo, I don't think it's their time yet.
I also think that Zelda and Pokemon need 4, the same as Mario. All 3 are the title franchises of Nintendo, and should be evened out.
Good roster overall though, if this was the final roster for the next game, I would not be disappointed.
Lucina is in because she adds to the females in the game, which we need more of.

I honestly think it's time for Chibi-Robo with a new game coming out and being around since the GC, Wonder Red because Nintendo is pushing The Wonderful 101 A LOT, and Genesect being a personal favorite of mine with some relevancy to him as well, a much better Gen 5 rep than Zoroark if you ask me.

Zelda actually has four, if you count Sheik, and Pokemon needs more than Gen 1 characters and is a huge franchise, so Genesect is in there.

If I had to redo the roster, I MAY replace Genesect with a Fire emblem, Mother, or new IP character and I'd change Deathborn to a new DLC choice, other than that it's final.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Okay, I may have been wrong about the clones, but I think it would be very smart to give me unique movesets.

Lucina is in because she adds to the females in the game, which we need more of.

I honestly think it's time for Chibi-Robo with a new game coming out and being around since the GC, Wonder Red because Nintendo is pushing The Wonderful 101 A LOT, and Genesect being a personal favorite of mine with some relevancy to him as well, a much better Gen 5 rep than Zoroark if you ask me.

Zelda actually has four, if you count Sheik, and Pokemon needs more than Gen 1 characters and is a huge franchise, so Genesect is in there.

If I had to redo the roster, I MAY replace Genesect with a Fire emblem, Mother, or new IP character and I'd change Deathborn to a new DLC choice, other than that it's final.
Good reasoning, I really wouldn't be angry if I saw anyone on your roster in SSB4, Wonder Red, Chibi Robo, and Genesect would all be very unique and interesting characters, so I'm perfectly fine with them. Lucina or Chrom are fine, either or, I just think Chrom is more likely.

I don't think he ever explicitly stated that. It's just fan assumption.
Even if he did, he probably wouldn't have ok'd the idea to advertise Luigi of all people.

Truth be told I think the only real reason to remove any characters, clone or otherwise is time constraints/priority.
I may just be standing up for my man Luigi here, but he is hardly even a Semi-Clone anymore. Sure, the fireballs are, and they still share the Super Jump Punch, but Luigi has the Fire Jump Punch as well.
I really don't think Luigi really deserves to be called any kind of clone anymore.

Edit: They=Mario and Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom