• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I'm okay with Plusle and Minun I guess, got nothing against them. Though I would rather see some other Pokemon newcomers before them first. :/
There should be a rule, if it's tiny, yellow, and trying to be cuter than Pichu, it shouldn't be playable. Pichu versus Ganondorf was good for a few laughs. Starfy versus Ganondorf is cruel and unusual. Plusle and Minun versus Ganondorf seems like it'd get real annoying real fast.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I'm okay with Plusle and Minun I guess, got nothing against them. Though I would rather see some other Pokemon newcomers before them first. :/
Well I wouldn't have them over mewtwo or anything but I wouldn't mind mostly because though they're far from my favorite pokemon from that gen 3rd gen needs some love.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be honest, if we are talking about Gen 3 Pokemon, my pick would be Deoxys. I remember being quite disappointed when he was confirmed to be a Pokeball Pokemon back during the Brawl Dojo. Ah well. What happens, happens.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
3rd Gen?

Only one should be a certain flaming chicken of glory.
No, I would be ****ing PISSED if blaziken got in and the other hoenn starters didn't. They're easily one of my favorite starter trios and I can honestly say blaziken is my least favorite of the 3, sue me.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I remember checking the site Deoxys was announced and being psyched that he was playable. It took me a few minutes to figure out why his picture didn't have a blue background though.

Here's a thought. So there are 6 generations of Pokemon now, correct? Hypothetically, if a trainer character were to have a full team of 6, with one representing each generation, which 6 would you like to see, or would be the logical rep for each generation? (Pikachu, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle excluded)

I'd have to go with...

1. Poliwhirl
2. Scizor
3. Blaziken
4. Lucario
5. Zoroark
6. You know... whatever they're plugging now that's not Mega somebody.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Give me the Arwing dangit. I want to shoot my opponents from the foreground! I guess there was still Snake's Final Smash for that but that's not the same. Arwing dangit Arwing!
I fully expected Falco to have the Arwing before we all learned the sad truth: EVERYONE GETS A LANDMASTER!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I remember checking the site Deoxys was announced and being psyched that he was playable. It took me a few minutes to figure out why his picture didn't have a blue background though.

Here's a thought. So there are 6 generations of Pokemon now, correct? Hypothetically, if a trainer character were to have a full team of 6, with one representing each generation, which 6 would you like to see, or would be the logical rep for each generation? (Pikachu, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle excluded)

I'd have to go with...

1. Poliwhirl
2. Scizor
3. Blaziken
4. Lucario
5. Zoroark
6. You know... whatever they're plugging now that's not Mega somebody.
Hmm...that'd be tough.

Grovyle, Chikorita, and Empoleon would definetely be among them though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I fully expected Falco to have the Arwing before we all learned the sad truth: EVERYONE GETS A LANDMASTER!
Yeah that was quite a blow. Especially when Falco himself remarks how he prefers the air. Hopefully they will change a few final Smashes as well. Either Fox or Falco should definitely have the Arwing as the Final Smash this time around.

D

Deleted member

Smashing Fried Blaziken: Support by the Bucketful.

(Shame there is already a Blaizken thread; this would make a good title.)

EDiT: Instead of a Landmaster, Falco needs to borrow from Joe the Condor.....

BIRD MISSILES!!!!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
They should really make more evolutions for Tyrogue to represent other martial arts.
HitmonThai for example, or Hitmonja, or Hitmonhogan. :D

Hitmontop's kinda stupid, IMO they already had a kicking pokemo, but since they already broke THAT mold, we should get another Hitmon. :)

BTW, Mega Evolution for Hitmonchan Giga Chan!

Espio264

Smash Ace
Yeah that was quite a blow. Especially when Falco himself remarks how he prefers the air. Hopefully they will change a few final Smashes as well. Either Fox or Falco should definitely have the Arwing as the Final Smash this time around.
And so that Wolf wouldn't be a copy of the Arwing final smash, his could be Leon and Andrew and the rest of whoever's in Star Wolf now circling the battlefield in their Wolfen's blasting the happy out of the rest of the players.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I did like that one line though.

*Personally, I prefer the air!*

Espio264

Smash Ace
They should really make more evolutions for Tyrogue to represent other martial arts.
HitmonThai for example, or Hitmonja, or Hitmonhogan. :D

Hitmontop's kinda stupid, IMO they already had a kicking pokemo, but since they already broke THAT mold, we should get another Hitmon. :)

BTW, Mega Evolution for Hitmonchan Giga Chan!
I miss the Hitmonlee pokeball. They should bring him back.

OOOH OOOH. Hitmonchan vs. Little Mac. Make it happen Sakurai!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I did like that one line though.

*Personally, I prefer the air!*
Yeah he can still use that line when boarding the Arwing I guess. I would think it would make more sense to use that line when boarding the Arwing than the Landmaster tank but I guess that's just me. :/

And so that Wolf wouldn't be a copy of the Arwing final smash, his could be Leon and Andrew and the rest of whoever's in Star Wolf now circling the battlefield in their Wolfen's blasting the happy out of the rest of the players.
I suppose he could, yes. It would work like how the Arwings worked at Sector Z and Corneria and all. :)

Espio264

Smash Ace
1368904146745.png

He looks like a big roast chicken in leg warmers, but he was so freakin' rad. This guy oozes Smash Bros. Support Hitmonlee's return to Smash!

Hah. This is what Falco looks like when Flaming Chicken of Glory is over.

D

Deleted member

Falco: BIRD MISSILES!

Wolf: Double Machine Gun frenzy (A.k.a. MORE DAKKA)

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Marth is the mascot of Fire Emblem as declared by whom? Generally, the Fire Emblem community abroad and at large considers Anna the mascot. The nature of Fire Emblem and its characters is special, incomparable to other series, to say that mascothood makes you an instant shoo-in is flawed.
I realize that Fire Emblem has almost no consistency, but Marth is still the most recognizable Fire Emblem character for a lot of people, especially in Japan. I don't see how the mascot wouldn't be the best representative for the series.

You underestimate Anna, sir. The reason for the surge of Anna support is the sum of her roles have been mounting, and she is growing in importance and level of deserving. No, you're right, being in all the games except one isn't enough, but it's that combined with the fact that she hosts the tutorials, is present in many pause and menu screens, is the proprietor of EVERY secret shop, the fact that she is the link woman between gameboys, the face of internet connection, the face of DLC with many episodes focused around and relating to her. Her place if only taking her playable character form is on the level of Tharja or Owain, as the Trickster Anna is a minor character, but Anna is not limited to one role, when considering her candidacy for Smash, the representation of EVERY Anna is her nature like that of the non-distinct Pikachu, and now a veritable world of possibility is opened up when we learn of the collection of letters the Anna family keeps. These new revelations, added unto her roles as the face and function of utility throughout the games gives her a wide berth, indeed a substantial and growing importance, and it will only continue to grow as time goes on, and it is now weighty enough to tango with Lords.
I don't consider her secret shops and tutorials justification. I had no idea how large a role she had with DLC, though. However, that's all (or mostly) in Awakening, and again, there are better choices to choose from to represent that game.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
There was one of those articles the other day about which SSB4 characters should stay and which ones should go. Lucario was one of the ones cut, and if I recall, the guy wanted him to be replaced with Hitmonlee...

Oh, and he wanted Dr. Mario to return, but said nothing about Young Link, Roy, or Pichu.
What the hell.

----

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There was one of those articles the other day about which SSB4 characters should stay and which ones should go. Lucario was one of the ones cut, and if I recall, the guy wanted him to be replaced with Hitmonlee...

Oh, and he wanted Dr. Mario to return, but said nothing about Young Link, Roy, or Pichu.
What the hell.

----
At times I wonder how such kinds of people can exist.

Dr. Mario could have some potential though, but Paper Mario would probably have a more unique moveset.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

What the hell.

----
I don't give a crap about mega evolutions if that bull **** actually happened I would SO be on board! It would be better then ****ing Omastar coming in!

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Hitmonlee isnt worthy to replace Lucario...but Hitmonchan on the other hand he's worthy.

Well that's just like you're opinion ma- **** YOU AND YOUR STUPID ASS OPINION HITMONLEE'S GOING TO SEND HIS 120 BASE ATTACK OF WHOOP ASS AND HIGH JUMP KICK YOUR SORRY ASS

This fan rant was brought to you by an overreaction.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hitmonlee isnt worthy to replace Lucario...but Hitmonchan on the other hand he's worthy.
Seconded.

Well that's just like you're opinion ma- **** YOU AND YOUR STUPID *** OPINION HITMONLEE'S GOING TO SEND HIS 120 BASE ATTACK OF WHOOP *** AND HIGH JUMP KICK YOUR SORRY ***

This fan rant was brought to you by an overreaction.
Psh, Hitmonchan will take that high jump kick and shove it right up his ***!

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Seconded.

Psh, Hitmonchan will take that high jump kick and shove it right up his ***!
OK then, hi hitmonchan WHAT THE **** DO YOU EVEN DO?
You have the same stat total as hitmonlee but you make him SLOWER, AND WEAKER and for what? To boost his defense 26 points? Well good news Einstein YOUR DEFENSE STILL ****ING SUCKS! Competitively speaking, Hitmonlee's better. Aesthetically speaking, nice dress dork HITMONLEE'S BETTER!

This rant is brought to you by an overreaction.

Gune

Smash Lord
Hitmonlee can learn a move to **** himself up? Like a non damageing selfdestruct more power to him if he wants to learn the move :chuckle:
I know it doesent end there but dayum that punch

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
OK then, hi hitmonchan WHAT THE **** DO YOU EVEN DO?
You have the same stat total as hitmonlee but you make him SLOWER, AND WEAKER and for what? To boost his defense 26 points? Well good news Einstein YOUR DEFENSE STILL ****ING SUCKS! Competitively speaking, Hitmonlee's better. Aesthetically speaking, nice dress dork HITMONLEE'S BETTER!

This rant is brought to you by an overreaction.
Pft, who needs speed when you can tank that hit from Hitmonlee and then follow it up with a punch to the ****ing face, oh and lets not forget all those priority moves the Chan learns so he can circumvent that lower speed anyway! As for looks? Hitmonchan makes that dress look ****'n awesome, he makes it look so good Hitmonlee can't help but be jealous of his fashion sense, lamenting that his legs make him an eyesore to any and all that look upon him. Face it, your precious Hitmonlee has nothing on Hitmonchan!

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Hitmonlee can learn a move to **** himself up? Like a non damageing selfdestruct more power to him if he wants to learn the move :chuckle:
I know it doesent end there but dayum that punch
Yes they made a relatively weak move look kinda cool MOVING ON!
Pft, who needs speed when you can tank that hit from Hitmonlee and then follow it up with a punch to the ****ing face. As for looks? Hitmonchan makes that dress look ****'n awesome, he makes it look so good Hitmonlee can't help but be jealous of his fashion sense, lamenting that his legs make him an eyesore to any and all that look upon him. Face it, your precious Hitmonlee has nothing on Hitmonchan!
A defense of 79? That's pathetic! I've kicked through WHIMISCOTTS more durable then that! And any lowered defense on hitmonlee's part is made up for by chan's ***** ass attack. If you're going to lower your attack and speed to boost your defense go all the way hitmontop's having a great time!

We've seriously turned the roster prediction into an argument over hitmonlee vs hitmonchan I feel so on topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom