• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Sora, but if we're doing unlikely characters:

Electabuzz (Pokémon)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Dark Magician (Yu-Gi-Oh)

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool > Dixie
Ghirahim is kind of iffy.
F - Zero rep is kind of iffy.
Cutting Lucario and Ike isn't so smooth but I understand it. Everything else if fine.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Sora, but if we're doing unlikely characters:

Electabuzz (Pokémon)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Dark Magician (Yu-Gi-Oh)

Leave, just leave, and never come back.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Dammit, I couldn't sleep a wink last night...I guess spending said time watching Game Grumps and Pokemon Movies is a good suffice. Anyways, as for the photo of the day...

What the hell is this supposed to be? It looks like the inside of someone's guts. Does anyone know what this...place/thing...is exactly?
*facepalm* that's donkey kong look at the bottom of the thing his hands

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
No because you said, kin *gulp* king *gulp* kingdom hearts on SmashBoards.
I like Kingdom Hearts.... Wait, is this one of those weird forum things where there's one thing you never speak of and if you like it you're condemned to the darkest corner of the internet??

CalumG

Smash Lord
Ignore BakonBlitz, nobody here has any major issue with Kingdom Hearts. Support a Kingdom Hearts rep all you like - heck, I support there being a Wave Race rep in Smash 4. Now, if you was to start calling Sora (or whoever else, I don't play the series) likely for Smash Bros., people would have a problem. But you're not. Nothing to see here folks, move along. :p

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
When I think of FE I think of people swinging their swords everywhere spazzing out and probably mostly cutting themselves in Smash 4. Then again I'm a noob and have never played FE, lulz. EDIT This thread moves too fast for me... Looks like I was looking back like ten pages.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
Oh man I'm going to be hated for this... But if shulk came into the game as a heavy sword user like Ike could that encourage them to change the game plan for the fire emblem series? Ie on something other than the one is a heavy sword user and one is fast. Basicly letting shulk steal iks fighting style so fe could focus on something else. Because really slow lord doesnt make sense.

And so you know I haven't spoiled anything on xenoblade because I want to play the game I just haven't found a copy. So I don't know how shulk would fight

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't think Shulk would be a heavy sword user. I think he should be based on his special abilities at a middleweight level. Such as backslash doing more damage and knockback when behind an opponent,, or Air Slash doing more damage and knockback when in the air, etc...

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I don't know, I think the first three are the best movies, but others like the Giratina, Zoroark, and Arceus movies are fairly decent. I watched the Keldeo movie, and let me tell you, it's...interesting. It's probably got the worst premise of any Pokemon Movie, but let me say this...it taught me that I've been pronouncing all the Muskateer's names wrong, and that whatever production took over VAs of Pokemon since 4Kids went out of business can actually pump out a good voice actor. Cobalion's voice actor...very well done, very refined, and fits the character very well. Also, I don't know why Kyurem sounds like Akuma from Street Fighter...I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually voiced by Dave Mallow.

As for the stage...it looks like the inside of Kraid's stomach with stone-tile platforms.
i hated that they had Vic Mignogna to play Keldeo. it didnt sound right to me. and Kyurem was voiced by Marc Thompson actually. but anyway the movies have always been hit or miss with me. the first 2 hold a special place for me though

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I couldn't sleep at all either for some reason next time I think i'll watch pokemon movies any idea which ones are good and which are bad

and in the social thread people have said its the KI stage

Of the Pokémon movies I've watched the first three, Jirachi's, Deoxys', Lucario's, Zoroark's, Arceus' and Kyurem's. On the first three I agree with Hotfeet that they're among the best if not the best set (though the first movie's "stop fighting" message in the dub falls flat), Jirachi's was very miss for me and Deoxys' was in the same boat, Lucario's decent because it's more character focused, same with Zoroark's to a greater extent which really does make you feel for Zorua and his mother, Arceus' I didn't really enjoy that much though that may be because I didn't watch the other two in its arc and Kyurem's I had mixed feelings about.

Of them, I'd suggest (of the ones you haven't seen), Lucario's and Zoroark's definitely, I've heard good things about Darkrai's and Giratina's so probably watch those before you finish up with Arceus' if you decide to see it.

Speaking of which, is that Hades' stomach?

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Speaking of which, is that Hades' stomach?
From what I can tell, the Daily Picture is supposed to be the Reset Bomb Forest, after the bomb hits. Given that the comment mentions DK doing a Cragalanche impression, I'd say that's likely.

Man, while the stage wouldn't be my pick for a stage, that first use of the Reset Bomb is definitely memorable, so I can see why they picked it. I wonder if there's going to be a cameo from the Forces of Nature. I'd at lest expect a Nutski or two flying around.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
When it came to the Pokemon movies I didn't really care for the Lagia one for some reason, which I believe is the second one. But the Mewtwo and Entei/Unknown ones were both good, which I believe are first and 3rd respectivly.... Been a while since I have watch the movies. However I am going to note that any Pokemon movie will end up being better then the anime, sans perhaps the Kanto and Jhoto anime but even then it is a close call, if only because of how much darker/more mature the movies can be compared to the anime. Also the Celebi movie, which I believe is the 4th one, is pretty good imo, but that might be due to my love for celebi. The Jirachi movie wasn't to bad, I enjoyed it for the most part but again this might be due to Jirachi lol, but I missed Misty in it. :L The Deyoxes one was rather disapointing due to it not following the same path of other Pokemon movies and not feeling as dark or as mature. Manaphy movie is horrible, don't even glance at it. The Darkrai movie was pretty good and I would even go as far as to put it on the level of 1, 3, and 4 in terms of darker and more mature atmosphere but agan I still miss Misty. As for the giritina movie I don't really remember that much about other then it being ok at best, same goes for the Arceus movie. The Lucario Movie was pretty nifty, enough to enjoy it at least, but again lack of Misty is disapointing, but then again Mew was in it so that kinda balances things out a bit lol. Zoroak movie was about on the same level as the Lucario movie, but still that lack os Misty, but Zoroak kinda evened it out. I haven't watched any movie pass the Zoroak one due to how bad the anime has become, at least Hoen and Sinho anime were tolerable. e_e

But yea Pokemon movies are usually way better then the anime. lol

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I haven't watched any movie pass the Zoroak one due to how bad the anime has become, at least Hoen and Sinho anime were tolerable. e_e

But yea Pokemon movies are usually way better then the anime. lol
I watched the one before Genesect about Keldeo pretty much just to see Kyurem being cool and menacing. In that regard I wasn't disappointed at least! The one(s) before that about Victini was so-so...pretty forgettable. Only thing I liked about that one was Victini because it's so darn adorable! So you ain't missing much!
Thinking about that movie makes me want a Kyurem boss battle.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The amount of characters is fine, 45 is a very realistic number. As TheBakonBitz has said, K. Rool would likely have priority over Dixie, and Ghirahim and Black Shadow aren't likely characters. I don't think cutting Ike and Lucario is unrealistic though, I'm expecting them to be cut myself, despite playing Ike a lot. I'd also put Chrom over Lucina, Chrom fits the bill better in every regard, he's more popular, he's more so the main character in Awakening than Lucina is, and he'd be a good fit to take Ike's place. Rest looks very realistic though.

Sadly, I have no knowledge of the American grade system, so you'll have to go without a grade.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Causing more trouble again, Noah? :)
Yeah, ranting on somebody for doing something you never seen them do or have no evidence of them doing doesn't really work. You're taking the words of other people and acting like you know exactly what they're talking about, in which case you look dumb. What's more dumb is you didn't even know what you're replying to. Exactly what trouble is being caused here? There is none, you're taking somebody else's criticism out of context and using it as an insult in a situation where it serves no relevance, in which case you are either being dumb or being a lemming.

I like the idea of bringing Roy back but please have his Melee form as an alternate costume.
That roster is old. This is my current Roster: http://smashboards.com/threads/roster-prediction-discussion-thread.336018/page-363 (please comment on it, it will make it show up on this page and more people can see and comment on it.)

As for the stage...it looks like the inside of Kraid's stomach with stone-tile platforms.
I think it's still a Kid Icarus Stage, the stage might be shifting like Star Fox or Castle Seige.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I watched the one before Genesect about Keldeo pretty much just to see Kyurem being cool and menacing. In that regard I wasn't disappointed at least! The one(s) before that about Victini was so-so...pretty forgettable. Only thing I liked about that one was Victini because it's so darn adorable! So you ain't missing much!
Thinking about that movie makes me want a Kyurem boss battle.
I highly considered watching the Victini one just for Victini, 2nd fave Pokemon, but my detest for the Unova anime is to strong and I already know how adorable Victini is anyway. :L I've prety much given up on the Pokemon anime now and thus the movies to, I might try watching it again if they ever get rid of Ash which I doubt they ever will. e_e

I'm even close to giving up on the games as they have just become so repeitive, why I never got BW2 and am on the fence about XY. e_e

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
NEW ROSTER UPDATE: VERSION 4.7!!!! ( Okay I added Sonic back, no more updates for now.)

View attachment 1860

If you have opinions or constructive Criticism, please give suggestions below.

(Credit to Ariand/AEM for making the Backgrounds of Palutena & Sheriff)

The roster works, for the most part, but I don't know about Starfy and Bomberman.

Starfy just seems more like AT material than a playable fighter (he won't exactly raise the sales of the game, either) and besides, the cutesy small character is already performed by Jigglypuff and Kirby. We don't need another one.

Bomberman may be interesting, but I don't know, out of ALL the third-party characters, I think Pacman has the greater chance of showing up, because of Namco Bandai's connections with making the game. Even then, if Konami is willing to work with Nintendo again, then Snake is more than likely going to return. (Even if Snake looks like a one-time character, he does have potential to return just because his popularity would warrant it, and besides, Sakurai doesn't like unnecessary cuts - he hates them).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And besides, the cutesy small character is already performed by Jigglypuff and Kirby. We don't need another one.
That's a bit much, don't you think? I guess K. Rool and Ridley can't get in because we already have villains, then? Or Roy, Goroh, Takamaru, Chrom, Isaac and Shulk can't because we already have other sword users? I don't know. That' sort of poor logic.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai expressly said that Namco characters get no more consideration than others for being involved in development. Agreed on Snake being much more likely for Konami than Bomberman though.

TheDivineDeity

That's illogical about your logic. I'm talking about appearances of characters with Starfy and the others. Villains are not the same as appearances, and Ridley and King K. Rool couldn't look anymore different! Sword-users in Smash all have different attacks! :ohwell: And stop attacking me just because of your hatred towards me.

Sakurai expressly said that Namco characters get no more consideration than others for being involved in development. Agreed on Snake being much more likely for Konami than Bomberman though.
Still, I fully expect Namco to get at least another character in, but moreso because of legacy than special consideration. Pacman means more to the busines of video games than almost the entire current roster ever did, and almost the entire selection of potential roster picks ever did. Sakurai would potentially pick Pacman because of his history to video games, not because of Namco's special treatment.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
besides, the cutesy small character is already performed by Jigglypuff and Kirby. We don't need another one.
That logic is so fail it isn't even funny.

I think he meant more in the context the NB won't be getting multiple characters in the game just because they are working on it. However I think it is pretty reasonable to think NB will get single rep considering they are helping and I'm pretty sure that it is going to get taken into consideration, but not going to go over board on it by putting in like 2 or 3 charatcers for them just one.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Dammit, I couldn't sleep a wink last night...I guess spending said time watching Game Grumps and Pokemon Movies is a good suffice. Anyways, as for the photo of the day...

What the hell is this supposed to be? It looks like the inside of someone's guts. Does anyone know what this...place/thing...is exactly?
What? I refuse to have this be the photo of the day! I counter this with: NESS CENSORED!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's illogical about your logic. I'm talking about appearances of characters with Starfy and the others. Villains are not the same as appearances, and Ridley and King K. Rool couldn't look anymore different! Sword-users in Smash all have different attacks! :ohwell: And stop attacking me just because of your hatred towards me.
I'm saying that you're claiming that Starfy wouldn't be a good pick due to him being cute and small, like Jiggs or Kirby. That's illogical, as Starfy offers things as a playable character, just like the other characters I mentioned. There isn't some sort of imaginary "appearance" quota. And I don't even see that many similarities as far as appearances in the first place.

And I'm by no means attacking you here. I'm simply challenging your reasoning.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
...Reason? :confused:
Oh I don't know. We already have 2 plumbers that I guess Wario getting in is rediculos, or at least his plumber costume. I guess since we already had 2 spac animals getting a 3rd one was ridiculos. I guess since already haveing 4 sword users getting 2 more was ridiculos. I guess since already having like having 3 villains and getting like 3 more was ridiculos. I guess since originally having 2 Mario characters getting 2 more was ridiculos. I guess since originally having 2 Pokemon characters that getting 2 more was ridiculos. There are pretty much already characters the fill a certain role and other characters that fill the same role. And going by the logic you used to defend yourself on sword users and villains that Opposum gave you, Kirby and Jiggs both look different and have different moves and Starfy looks extremly different from either of them and would probably have different moves from them (and no I am not for Starfy, I jsut find your logic faulty). :rolleyes:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
*facepalm* that's donkey kong look at the bottom of the thing his hands
Oh, my god..................I feel like such an idiot! :facepalm:

Is THIS the beauty you want?
View attachment 1851

My unlikely characters I want:

Raichu
Metal Sonic
Karis (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)

The roster works, for the most part, but I don't know about Starfy and Bomberman.

Starfy just seems more like AT material than a playable fighter (he won't exactly raise the sales of the game, either) and besides, the cutesy small character is already performed by Jigglypuff and Kirby. We don't need another one.

Bomberman may be interesting, but I don't know, out of ALL the third-party characters, I think Pacman has the greater chance of showing up, because of Namco Bandai's connections with making the game. Even then, if Konami is willing to work with Nintendo again, then Snake is more than likely going to return. (Even if Snake looks like a one-time character, he does have potential to return just because his popularity would warrant it, and besides, Sakurai doesn't like unnecessary cuts - he hates them).
Sakurai has already said Namco working with the game will have NO affect on the roster. Namco characters are getting no special treatment for working on the game. Bomberman is the far more deserving character and I wouldn't consider Snake an unnecessary cut. Bomberman is pretty dang popular compared to Snake and it's likely Sakurai may want him in Super Smash Brothers. I don't think Snake will return, he was mostly a request by his creator to make an appearance in a Smash Installment for once.

I don't know what AT Material is, but it sounds like you disagree with Starfy because you don't want him. That's actually everybody's reason for not having Starfy and it's not a reason. Starfy is quite a Nintendo All-Star now with 3 GBA Installments, a 4th DS installment, and a 5th DS installment in NA. He's more likely than a Golden Sun rep to be honest and he has A LOT of Move Set Potential to add to his inclusion. Even outside of Move Sets he has potential. It's important we don't limit our characters to the most requested ones.

But, I'm glad you liked my roster, thanks dude :)

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
Yea but starfys moveset wouldn't be that great.

It would be easy to program though

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
If character moves were based soley on appearances, I wonder if Zelda would've been considered a Peach clone (or vice versa).
Every character's moves in Smash Bros are well grounded in their respective places of origin. Even the trophies are not excluded from this. Moves go beyond the superficial.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Because the idea of categorizing characters based on superficial appearances and excluding certain characters because of that isn't the best logic.
Look, everybody!!! It's That....person........guy................................................LOOK!

Yea but starfys moveset wouldn't be that great.

It would be easy to program though
Explain why.

TheDivineDeity

Sakurai has already said Namco working with the game will have NO affect on the roster. Namco characters are getting no special treatment for working on the game.

I'm just going to copy-and-paste my other response onto here:

"Still, I fully expect Namco to get at least another character in, but moreso because of legacy than special consideration. Pacman means more to the busines of video games than almost the entire current roster ever did, and almost the entire selection of potential roster picks ever did. Sakurai would potentially pick Pacman because of his history to video games, not because of Namco's special treatment."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom