• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
ugh more fire emblem talk >____>

lets just have marth in ssb4 and be done with fire emblem for the next 39 installments of smash bros.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
@Opossum:
"When has someone other than the main character been chosen over the main character?"
It's actually happened before:
-Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Pichu were all included before we got any Pokémon Trainer. Arguably, the PKMN Trainer, while iconic within his universe, is not nearly as much so as the actual Pokemon. Kinda like, oh I don't know... Geno being compared to Mario. ;)
-On technicality, Professor Hector is the main character of Gyromite and Stack-Up. R.O.B. was a peripheral for those games. But who do you remember more as the official mascot of the games, the professor... or ROB? You remember ROB, not the professor. Even with that, ROB IS A NECESSITY to use in order to play the game. Your 'technicality' isn't even a 'technicality' worth mentioning. Besides, ROB is much more important to Nintendo's history than the professor. It's the ROB peripheral who saved the entire video game industry from collapsing. Not the professor. Therefor, he deserves it more as a representation of HIS game. ;)
-Your Mii is the main character of Wii Fit. Wii Fit Trainer is just the Mii's personal trainer, and not only that, is one of two options for their trainer (the other being a male). Going back to the above with the professor... who do you recognize as the unofficial mascot of the series? The Wii Fit Trainer, of course. The Mii can be a separate character altogether.

As for Lucina, she's one of three main protagonists not unlike FE7 having Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn. While yes, the game can continue if she's taken out, bear in mind that she will not die (she retreats in Classic Mode), and instead continues to be a major part of the story.
The reason why the game can continue with her defeat and not Chrom's or The Avatar's is very simple. Chrom is the leader of the army; taking him out is essentially a "checkmate". The Avatar is the battle strategist and, in meta example, is the one "playing" the game (for obvious reasons); without them, there is no one controlling the fight. This is just rambling... :ohwell:

Lucina instead of Chrom is just as reasonable as Lyn instead of Eliwood, despite both Chrom and Eliwood being the "main" protagonists of their games.
If you're a casual fan looking at Fire Emblem (or in my case, somebody who knows nothing about the series except for Smash), you'll see Chrom as the main character, because he's on the cover prominently. Not a supporting character like Lucia. Again, Sakurai adds to the roster what helps the roster, and Chrom is more essential to represent his universe for Sakurai. He does it for ALL the fans, not just A SMALL COMMUNITY of Fire Emblem fans.

:urg:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you're a casual fan looking at Fire Emblem (or in my case, somebody who knows nothing about the series except for Smash), you'll see Chrom as the main character, because he's on the cover prominently. Not a supporting character like Lucia. Again, Sakurai adds to the roster what helps the roster, and Chrom is more essential to represent his universe for Sakurai. He does it for ALL the fans, not just A SMALL COMMUNITY of Fire Emblem fans.
Lucina is on the cover too...

Lucina is the person going in the opposite direction as Chrom.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
This Fire Emblem crud is really going nowhere. Can we just put this behind us and discuss other things? :glare:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

If you could give 3 unlikely new series a character in smash, what would they be?

Can't be third party series.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mario&Luigi series
Luigi's Mansion
Custom Robo (only played 1 game though)
Um...

Mario and Luigi and Luigi's Mansion already have characters as they are still Mario games.

Leon Powalski, Kraid, and Luxray. (unlikely characters)

Now unlikely series...hmm, have to think a lot there.

Sorry let me clarify.

New series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Opossum:
"When has someone other than the main character been chosen over the main character?"
It's actually happened before:
-Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Pichu were all included before we got any Pokémon Trainer.
-On technicality, Professor Hector is the main character of Gyromite and Stack-Up. R.O.B. was a peripheral for those games.
-Your Mii is the main character of Wii Fit. Wii Fit Trainer is just the Mii's personal trainer, and not only that, is one of two options for their trainer (the other being a male).

As for Lucina, she's one of three main protagonists not unlike FE7 having Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn. While yes, the game can continue if she's taken out, bear in mind that she will not die (she retreats in Classic Mode), and instead continues to be a major part of the story.
The reason why the game can continue with her defeat and not Chrom's or The Avatar's is very simple. Chrom is the leader of the army; taking him out is essentially a "checkmate". The Avatar is the battle strategist and, in meta example, is the one "playing" the game (for obvious reasons); without them, there is no one controlling the fight.

Lucina instead of Chrom is just as reasonable as Lyn instead of Eliwood, despite both Chrom and Eliwood being the "main" protagonists of their games.

Somehow I knew Pikachu was going to be brought up. Dammit, Golden. :laugh:

To respond to it, Pikachu's case is a bit understandable, due to him being the series mascot. Now, as far as Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, and Pichu, though, Sakurai at one point wanted a playable Pokemon Trainer in Melee, but couldn't due to time/resource limitations. In this case, it would be understandable if the main character was a bit on the unfeasible side. With Chrom and Lucina, though, Chrom is far from being a technical-limitation causing character, in my opinion.

With ROB and Professor Hector, I'd argue that ROB was the overarching thing the game tried to push, making it sort of the "mascot," similar to Pikachu in a way.

I have nothing on Wii Fit Trainer, though, haha.

As far as your other point on Lucina, I will admit that it's a fair point. I just feel that IS would be more willing to push for Chrom more, due to his higher popularity when it comes to Smash requests. I think we'll just have to wait and see.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Um...

Mario and Luigi and Luigi's Mansion already have characters as they are still Mario games.

Sorry let me clarify.

New series.
Didn't notice at first, guess I should get some sleep soon.

Chibi-Robo (sounds like a cool character) if you count Paper Mario as a seperate series, I'd choose that, and well...I actually can't think of any other series that are unlikely.

D

Deleted member

He said they can't be third party series.
Tetris and Quest 64 are third party series.

@Opossum:
At the same time, I feel as though IS would go for Lucina more, due to her overall popularity in general, not just Smash requests (which they likely would not be keeping tab of) and the fact they push her more for promotion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, to answer Swampasaur, for unlikely new series, I'd like to see:

Chibi-Robo from...Chibi-Robo
Tempo from HarmoKnight
and
Muddy from Mole Mania (if retros count) if not, then Doshin, from Doshin the Giant

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oooh, I forgot about Fossil Fighters. That'd be pretty cool to see.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yet another game I haven't played.

What's this rumor about though?
It was a really old "roster leak" rumor. It was only notable because it for some reason lacked Captain Falcon, and because Mokka from Magical Starsign was a playable character. It happened like the third day I had this account, so I just remember that day well. :laugh:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It was a really old "roster leak" rumor. It was only notable because it for some reason lacked Captain Falcon, and because Mokka from Magical Starsign was a playable character. It happened like the third day I had this account, so I just remember that day well. :laugh:
Ahh, that's interesting actually.

Mokka is pretty cool looking character, but I'm glad he didn't get in over Captain Falcon.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i still havent played Magical Starsign. i keep seeing it around for like $15 is it worth getting at all?

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
SLENDERMAN FOR SMASH 4!

EDIT: Darn, the moment I finally manage to post the reply it's already a page in XD I need to be a little quicker on this forum it appears...

i still havent played Magical Starsign. i keep seeing it around for like $15 is it worth getting at all?
What? MS is $15? When did this happen? Then again, it is kind of old, so I guess it makes sense...
The game is fairly good, but not a personal favorite for me. I'd be more willing to recommend Mother 3 or Ace Combat 5 over it any day (or TWEWY if you're looking for a DS game like MS)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
3 unlikely series reps?

Mike from StarTropics.

Duck Hunt Dog from Duck Hunt

Alice from Balloon Kid

But I'm only crazy about StarTropics, actually. I wouldn't even mind if Mike makes it as Assist Trophy, as long as he's seen around the SSB cast and finally aknowledged as part of NINTENDO.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
3 not as likely Nintendo reps eh?
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
Reggie Fils-Aime (NoA)
Karate Joe is a close second next to Reggie...

Mole Mania desperately needs a sequel on the 3DS... Or the Wii U... Or the DS for crying out loud.
Anything with two screens was practically made for Mole Mania...

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Hey, we're all doing it.

Chibi-Robo (eponymous)
Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
Andy (Advance Wars)

Wait, are we doing unlikely reps, or unlikely reps that would still have warrant in Smash Bros.? Because the possibilities are infinite if we're going with the former. Near infinite. So finite, I guess... There's a damn lot is what I'm getting at.

low tier user

Smash Cadet
The most important tip...

Don't bring up any controversial topic. (Ridley is too big, Chrom will replace Ike, K. Rool is not relevant, Lucario will be replaced, Females are more likely etc, etc.)
Ok thanks and late reply I know. If there is any
haracter I want in who hasn't been confirmed or hinted at yet its Roy.

Slight Update to Roster 3.0
DLC is added, Idea section is edited, Has new Background.
(Credit to Ariand/AEM for making me the backgrounds for Sheriff, PKMN Trainer B, Lyndis, Neomew, Waluigi, Dr. Mario, 8-Bit Mario, Leif, Eirika, Toad, and Ninten.)

NOTES:

Neomew - Just like the lab experiment: Mewtwo is a different form of Mew, but not an evolution, Neomew is a different form of Mewtwo. I think in order to represent Generation VI, Nintendo will use Neomew. I see no reason to give Mewtwo and Neomew their own move sets and make them interchangable (as separate characters), because it's obvious the move sets are going to be too similar to each other.

Bomberman - Bomberman has earned it, probably more than Snake or Mega Man. I doubt Sakurai will allow the buyout to get in the way if he sees Bomberman as a character he thinks should be in. Sonic & Snake weren't added because of the company they were from. And though you can count Bomberman as a second Konami rep, it's an exception because he wasn't invented, but acquired by them.

Mii - When you click on the Mii slot, a small menu will pop up and you select which Mii you want. After that you can select the color of whatever body they are given. I predict there will only be 4 colors available. It's also likely they will use moves from Streetpass games, Mii Sports, and Wii Party & Wii Party U.

Starfy - He is one of the most likely reps to make it. I suggest others add him. He's fairly popular, has a WHOLE ton of Move Set potential, and he appeared in 4 GBA Titles as well as a fifth Western Release.

Matthew - I do not have him because he's the most recent Golden Sun. I have him because he has replaced Issac as the main protagonist of the series.

Sheriff - He's basically the equivalent to Ice Climbers. He would also represent the Arcade and is the first Nintendo Game.

Dry Bowser - He's not his own character in this roster. He is either a 2nd set of costumes or simply a skin that happens by something happening in battle.

DLC

Melee Pack:
Pichu - I'd much rather have Raichu

Mewtwo - Either by himself or with Neomew. With Sakurai acknowledging the infinite requests to bring back Mewtwo, maybe he will be in a "Bonus Edition". To make room for another Poke'mon rep.

Dr. Mario
Roy

New Pack:

Medusa - Semi-Clone of Palutena

Donkey Kong Jr - Semi-Clone of Donkey Kong

Isa
Waluigi
Ray

Here is the Starter Version of the roster:
View attachment 1487
I like the idea of bringing Roy back but please have his Melee form as an alternate costume.

Well we knew this would happen eventually.

Now to find a cure!
How can we cure this and I want Roy in Smash4.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Dammit, I couldn't sleep a wink last night...I guess spending said time watching Game Grumps and Pokemon Movies is a good suffice. Anyways, as for the photo of the day...

What the hell is this supposed to be? It looks like the inside of someone's guts. Does anyone know what this...place/thing...is exactly?

Reznor

work in progress
Dammit, I couldn't sleep a wink last night...I guess spending said time watching Game Grumps and Pokemon Movies is a good suffice. Anyways, as for the photo of the day...

What the hell is this supposed to be? It looks like the inside of someone's guts. Does anyone know what this...place/thing...is exactly?
I couldn't sleep at all either for some reason next time I think i'll watch pokemon movies any idea which ones are good and which are bad

and in the social thread people have said its the KI stage

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I couldn't sleep at all either for some reason next time I think i'll watch pokemon movies any idea which ones are good and which are bad

and in the social thread people have said its the KI stage
I don't know, I think the first three are the best movies, but others like the Giratina, Zoroark, and Arceus movies are fairly decent. I watched the Keldeo movie, and let me tell you, it's...interesting. It's probably got the worst premise of any Pokemon Movie, but let me say this...it taught me that I've been pronouncing all the Muskateer's names wrong, and that whatever production took over VAs of Pokemon since 4Kids went out of business can actually pump out a good voice actor. Cobalion's voice actor...very well done, very refined, and fits the character very well. Also, I don't know why Kyurem sounds like Akuma from Street Fighter...I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually voiced by Dave Mallow.

As for the stage...it looks like the inside of Kraid's stomach with stone-tile platforms.

Reznor

work in progress
I don't know, I think the first three are the best movies, but others like the Giratina, Zoroark, and Arceus movies are fairly decent. I watched the Keldeo movie, and let me tell you, it's...interesting. It's probably got the worst premise of any Pokemon Movie, but let me say this...it taught me that I've been pronouncing all the Muskateer's names wrong, and that whatever production took over VAs of Pokemon since 4Kids went out of business can actually pump out a good voice actor. Cobalion's voice actor...very well done, very refined, and fits the character very well. Also, I don't know why Kyurem sounds like Akuma from Street Fighter...I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually voiced by Dave Mallow.

As for the stage...it looks like the inside of Kraid's stomach with stone-tile platforms.
well I saw the first 3 movies in theaters and I did like them i'll check out the other 4 you suggested
I completely forgot Keldeo was a pokemon no idea but I never remember that pokemon existing

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
well I saw the first 3 movies in theaters and I did like them i'll check out the other 4 you suggested
I completely forgot Keldeo was a pokemon no idea but I never remember that pokemon existing
Keldeo was an event pokemon a little bit before the release of Pokemon Black 2/White 2, I picked one up and used it on my first (And only since it's my collector version until I get Y) playthrough after changing it to Resolute forme and let me tell you, the thing tears $#(T up.

But other than that, I played through Metroid Zero Mission...the first time I ever beat it. It was a very good game, great atmosphere, great boss battles, BACKTRACCCCKING, and even adding in some Stealth near the end. Never understood where the end boss comes into play, is it like a mother computer or a Meta Ridley Prototype? Also Ridley...what a ****ing pushover.

Reznor

work in progress
Keldeo was an event pokemon a little bit before the release of Pokemon Black 2/White 2, I picked one up and used it on my first (And only since it's my collector version until I get Y) playthrough after changing it to Resolute forme and let me tell you, the thing tears $#(T up.

But other than that, I played through Metroid Zero Mission...the first time I ever beat it. It was a very good game, great atmosphere, great boss battles, BACKTRACCCCKING, and even adding in some Stealth near the end. Never understood where the end boss comes into play, is it like a mother computer or a Meta Ridley Prototype? Also Ridley...what a ****ing pushover.
I'm kind playing Metroid Zero mission im at metal ridley but taking a break so I can finnaly finish a Nuzlocke (fire red)
ya Ridley was easy I didn't even try to dodge his attacks I just stood still and shot him in the face over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom