• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If we are talking dragon ball games. Dimps developed the budokai games (known simply as Dragon Ball Z 1, 2, and 3 in Japan), as well as Advanced Adventure, Burst Limit, and Infinate world. Spike developed the Budokai tenkaichi series (Known in Japan as Sparking) as well as the PE360 games after Burst Limit. Game Rebublic developed the DS titles except attack of the saiyans which was developed by Monolith Soft.

Getting back on topic, goku's not getting in.
Correction; I can confirm that Namco Bandai DID develop at least the Tenkaichi games. I'm looking at the back of my copy of Tenkaichi 3 and it states "Developed by NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc."
So why Spike is listed as the developer, I have no clue.
Same with the Budokai games. My copy of the first Budokai states "Developed by Bandai".
I'd have to go to a local game store to see which other DBZ games are listed as Namco Bandai (or Bandai, depending on the year) being the developer.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have never liked Dragonball Z ever since my dad pointed out that in this one episode, they literally did nothing but yell because they were powering up. Like wtf?

Maybe that would be Goku's Final Smash?:troll:

D

Deleted member

I have never liked Dragonball Z ever since my dad pointed out that in this one episode, they literally did nothing but yell because they were powering up. Like wtf?

Maybe that would be Goku's Final Smash?:troll:
Final Smash: The stage is going to explode in 5 minutes for 13 episodes.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hi guys, I'm new here. Here is my roster:

The picture looks great, but I question why you separated Sheik and Zero Suit Samus AND why you added Wolf Link and Raichu.

You also cut Wolf, which was another questionable thing to do.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace

The picture looks great, but I question why you separated Sheik and Zero Suit Samus AND why you added Wolf Link and Raichu.

You also cut Wolf, which was another questionable thing to do.
The roster is god awful, but the picture itself looks really sick... Hell replace their portraits with ssb4s portraits and I'd be satisfied with that as the character select screen.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Kid 1: "Why am I buying the Wii U Version?"
Dad: "HD Graphics"

Kid 2: "Why am I buying the 3DS Version?"
Dad 2: "Cheaper than the Wii U Version?"

Which family had the right decision?
I would think sakurai would add something more to the Wii U version other than HD graphics. Nintendo really needs smashbros to be selling as many Wii Us as possible.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Raichu.......Shiek and Zelda as separate character.....wat? Samus and Zero Suit Samus as separate character......wat? Wolf Link, two new Mario character, and Krystal replacing Wolf........wat?

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Whats wrong with ZSS and samus being separate characters?
The ability to change using smashballs and a difficult taunt sequence doesn't add more to the game. Its just annoying as hell.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's true, but as a separate slot? It should just be like Sheik/Zelda, and the Pokemon Trainer, where you can easily select the one you start with on the character select screen, but on Samus' slot.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
If they are to be seperate characters, they should have seperate slots. You wouldn't want to have Toon Link and Link in the same slot, would you?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Geez, guys. Give the guy a break. It's not like he did anything like replacing Wolf with Wolf Li...

I need a moment.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I mean aside from two and a half extremely questionable character inclusions, (namely Raichu, Wolf LInk, and Krystal + Waluigi = 0.5) and as far as I can tell one unnecessary cut (Wolf), the roster isn't that bad.

Ok, I did not see R.O.B. there either. Make that two unnecessary cuts.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Maybe. It's easy to point at something though when you have all that and Sheik and ZSS as their own selections.

And missing ROB but I'm the only one to care to notice that.

D

Deleted member

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know when Namco Bandai and Sakurai started to negotiate in regards to Namco working with Sakurai?

2. Sakurai said on October, 2011 that he hadn't decided the roster yet. It's obvious he has decided by now, but link towards what he said?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Two questions:

1. Does anyone know when Namco Bandai and Sakurai started to negotiate in regards to Namco working with Sakurai?
It hasn't been disclosed when Namco and Sakurai/Nintendo started negotiations, it really could be anywhere from slightly after E3 2011 to slightly before Uprising released. My (totally random) guess would be in late 2011.

2. Sakurai said on October, 2011 that he hadn't decided the roster yet. It's obvious he has decided by now, but link towards what he said?
http://wiiugo.com/sakurais-response-to-the-super-smash-bros-universe-leak/ ;)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Can't believe I didn't notice R.O.B. not being there. :(

Wasting slots for transformation characters, adding questionable choices, taking out a good retro rep, replacing Wolf with Krystal, and adding an irrelevant character.......

FourStar

Smash Ace
idk but rob was like one of the least used characters whenever me and my friends play. and plus no one really knows what he's from so it like no one really cares to play him

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
idk but rob was like one of the least used characters whenever me and my friends play. and plus no one really knows what he's from so it like no one really cares to play him
He's pretty popular actually. He has about as many fans as Mr. Game & Watch and Ice Climbers.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not to mention he is incredibly important to gaming history, not only Nintendo. Add in the fact that he was the token wtf character, and a good retro anyway, I'd say he's a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom