• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Which fool are you talking about? :troll:

No. Seriously.
Golden is obviously talking about Noler_Mass.
Noler_Mass said:
The thing is I don't even like Chrom that much, I just think he is the second most likely character to get in the game from fire emblem. It annoys me that no one else seems to believe me here, but everywhere else Chrom is considered one of the top shoo ins.
You do realize you just completely contradicted what you said about wanting Chrom in a few days ago, right?

Just because many people consider Chrom to be a shoe-in (for mostly flimsy reasons) doesn't make him so. That's just people expressing their own opinions, it doesn't mean that it falls in line with what Sakurai said.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I think most people expecting Chrom will be surprised if Chrom's not in, but won't really care.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I found a link that shows that Sakurai found the "charm" in Roy:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0115/index.html

Basically, it's just Roy's page on Melee's website. Though I think not many have visited the page yet. The important thing to note is that Sakurai does not view him as a flavour of the month.

NOTE: Good luck with the broken English of the online translator. :p

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Golden is obviously talking about Noler_Mass.You do realize you just completely contradicted what you said about wanting Chrom in a few days ago, right?

Just because many people consider Chrom to be a shoe-in (for mostly flimsy reasons) doesn't make him so. That's just people expressing their own opinions, it doesn't mean that it falls in line with what Sakurai said.
Thanks for the clarification. :sadeyes:

Actually I believe a few days ago I posted a list of around 50 or so characters that I like more than Chrom. Maybe out of the few most likely characters I like him the best, but all in all the lords are never my favorite characters in their respective games.

And I know a lot of people hate me. And think I have ****ty arguments. But at least I have well worded and lots of long ****ty arguments so I'm still alright. :seuss:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Fire Emblem flame war discussion again guys?

Ah well I guess this whole debate is never going to end so I'm just going to look out of the window. Call me when you guys have something else to talk about.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem flame war discussion again guys?

Ah well I guess this whole debate is never going to end so I'm just going to look out of the window with this little rabbit. Call me when you guys have something else to talk about.

That's not a rabbit, that's a chinchilla! LET'S ARGUE ABOUT THIS INSTEAD OF FIRE EMBLEM!

I do hope that the E3 trailer shows a Fire Emblem character so the constant FE discussion gets lowered... it's probably unlikely, though.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Lets talk about Ridley. Oh wait he is too big anyway... :troll:

So, how do you guys think will the 3DS - WII U transfer will be?
I'm still a bit high and hope it will be some kind of customation where you can choose from 2 or 3 skills for each special attack like if Mario shoots a Fire or Iceball or throws a Hammer, or uses FLOOD or his Tornado. This could also work well if a XP System (mainly for the 3DS).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So, how do you guys think will the 3DS - WII U transfer will be?
I'm still a bit high and hope it will be some kind of customation where you can choose from 2 or 3 skills for each special attack like if Mario shoots a Fire or Iceball or throws a Hammer, or uses FLOOD or his Tornado. This could also work well if a XP System (mainly for the 3DS).
We are meant to talk about the roster here Wegenbarth. This question may be better off in this thread.

I'm not even sure how they will implement the feature though.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The chinchilla character would be Pichu, ha.

Does anybody really want Pichu back? How would people feel if we ended got another handicapped / joke character? It seems in keeping with Sakurai's temperament, but I'm guessing the Smash Bros. 4 production schedule is too tight to fit in unwanted characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd be fine if Jigglypuff became the lethal joke character again... but I don't see Sakurai adding a joke character unless it was character Sakurai was going to add on other merits that lends itself to becoming a joke character well. Like Toad, Tingle, Miis, I could see them having "joke" aspects. Or, ofc, Waluigi, but I don't see him getting in. And to be clear, I don't think they'll be purposely handicapped, just "jokey" characters like Jigglypuff or Wario.

But no, I doubt we ever get Pichu back. And nothing of importance will be lost.

splat

Smash Lord
I can actually see Pichu return in a DLC pack (if there will be DLC, of course) along with the other scrapped Melee characters that don't return for Smash 4 (I would guess Pichu, Dr. Mario, Young Link and perhaps Roy); I can't help but feel that Sakurai does feel somewhat 'connected' to all the characters that have been in Smash at one point, and that he would like to see them all in one game at a certain point.
I think it would be kind of neat - if we'd get the characters we really like before said pack.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well ACTUALLY, we're supposed to be talking about Roster PREDICTIONS.

But I really dgaf at this point. I just want the trailer. Then we can post new predictions.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
But I really dgaf at this point. I just want the trailer. Then we can post new predictions.
This is kinda how I feel. It's the same tired and true stuff and most of the time we just see what people consider shoe-ins with almost little to no risk whatsoever.

Only like 22 more days guys. 3 weeks. Not so bad.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Am I doing it right? I'm not sure whether the correct way to go about this thread is to divebomb into an argument or just go off an do my own thing.

I'll assume the latter is okay.

Black names are for veterans. Red names indicate being newcomers.
Darkened portraits indicate that the character must be unlocked.
Pink bordered row is for DLC characters that might not make the initial cut.

I'll justify my choices tomorrow. 4AM isn't a good time to defend controversial ideas like May or Original Smash characters.

FourStar

Smash Ace
Am I doing it right? I'm not sure whether the correct way to go about this thread is to divebomb into an argument or just go off an do my own thing.

I'll justify my choices tomorrow. 4AM isn't a good time to defend controversial ideas like May or Original Smash characters.
who the hell is andy? and wow that is a lot of characters. i don't think there will be that many.......

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Hmmm...

1) I think it is unlikely that 3rd party series will get a second rep, not to mention having SIX third party.
2) Dropping Ike and adding Chrom and Micaiah. If you ask me Micaiah has missed her chance. I honestly would rather see Marth, Ike, Chrom and Roy.
3) I really don't believe that Waddle Dee is likely either.
4) I would be okay with May I suppose, but I just don't see it happening. That would be 3 new characters that would have to be made.
5) Ick at Krystal. Star Fox is fine as it is.
6) No Shulk makes me sad.

That's about it though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Here's my prediction for a 45 character roster:

All characters from Brawl included.
8 Newcomers (King K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Krystal, Bowser Jr, Isaac and Mega Man)
2 Returning (Roy and Mewtwo)

Bowser Jr, Krystal and Palutena might be pretty risky, but I feel that they each at least have a reasonable chance.

Here's how I imagined the starting roster would look, and in what order you'd generally unlock the characters (probably in a new Adventure Mode or something.)

This is taking into consideration that K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac and Mega Man are revealed in the E3 trailer, and excluding Mega Man that they are the only newcomers you start off with. There are 14 unlockable characters this way, maybe I should have made Toon Link unlockable to get it to 15 but w/e, the starting roster doesn't tick my OCD this way.

I personally don't think we'll get more than 10 more characters added to the already existing Brawl roster, with nobody being cut. If anyone has a chance of getting cut it'd be Toon Link, and he has the saving factor that is the new Wind Waker remake being worked on. Semi-clones like Luigi and Falco will probably get even more de-cloned to be completely unique, while Roy and Toon Link will hopefully turn into semi-clones.

And remember, this is a prediction, not necessarily what I or you want. The only character I really want is Ridley, and his chances are high enough that I feel confident enough in including him anyways. The rest are just ones that I think are likely to get a spot.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Finally decided to get that roster creator program.

My realistic roster.

I decided Luigi and Jigglypuff should be starters this time around. (Captain Falcon and Ness were starters in Melee) I also went the Diddy + Dixie tag team route and yes this is a complete remake of my other picture.

Here's my DREAM/IMPOSSIBLE roster.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
who the hell is andy? and wow that is a lot of characters. i don't think there will be that many.......
Andy is the main character in the Advance War games and is essentially the most recognizable commanding officer in the entire Nintendo War series. The games have been around since 1988 and rival Fire Emblem in amount of titles in the series, so I figured that surely the series could use a Smash Bros. representative.
1) I think it is unlikely that 3rd party series will get a second rep, not to mention having SIX third party.
2) Dropping Ike and adding Chrom and Micaiah. If you ask me Micaiah has missed her chance. I honestly would rather see Marth, Ike, Chrom and Roy.
3) I really don't believe that Waddle Dee is likely either.
4) I would be okay with May I suppose, but I just don't see it happening. That would be 3 new characters that would have to be made.
5) Ick at Krystal. Star Fox is fine as it is.
6) No Shulk makes me sad.
1) Fair enough. Knuckles and Gray Fox being playable neither makes nor breaks my day. I merely thought the addition of them would be valid based on how the series would be Smash veterans at this point. A bonus, but not a requirement.
2) I know very well that Ike, Roy, and Lucina are miles more requested than Micaiah, but I figured that she would help to actually diversify the Fire Emblem representatives, because seriously, the only thing people outside the fandom know about it is that it's mainly about blue-haired men with swords. Micaiah would subvert that wonderfully in being a white-haired magic user advanced in light, dark, and anima spells--definitely not the Fire Emblem stereotype.
3) Waddle Dee, while an unlikely choice, still has a chance considering he's been in both Kirby Superstar games, Kirby 64 (assuming this is the same one), and Kirby's Return to Dreamland. It's an odd exception to the "no common mooks" rule that keeps characters like Goombas and Shy Guys out in that Waddle Dee, specifically Bandanna Dee, has been known to play as a major side-character in multiple Kirby games with his role being that he's different from his brethren. Sakurai is the director here, after all, so there's nothing to say he's completely out.
4) On the common assumption that we'll be getting Ruby/Sapphire remakes some time after Pokemon X/Y, I figured a Hoenn Pokemon Trainer would be at the peak of popularity around the time of SSB4's release. Three movesets obviously takes more effort than one, but I think it can be managed without complications considering they had Red's moveset done pretty quickly in Brawl's development.
5.) Mainly the same argument for Micaiah in promoting more female characters and introducing staff-based gameplay rather than kicks, scratches, and guns. Otherwise, fair enough.
6) No idea who that is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

volbound1700

Smash Master
God Robert actually had 8 third party representatives:

(Sonic, Knuckles, Snake, Gray Fox, Megaman, Ryu, Rayman, Bomberman). Likely not happening but would be nice. No NAMCO characters?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The bottom row was of DLC characters, which is essentially a nicer way to call them second banana candidates. In a perfect world, we'd have them as extra goodies made after SSB4 is already shipped off to the world, but only Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, and Rayman (or a different 3rd Party character altogether) seem like possible choices.

I don't see Pac-man making the cut, and I know nothing about the Tekken series, nor do I see what merit they have when only a small handful of Tekken games have ever been on a Nintendo console.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You seem to be forgetting about a possible Tales character, which is actually the only Namco related thing to have been shown interest due to a statement by director Higuchi.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The Tales series was made by Namco, too? Really? Damn, that just shows how out of touch I'm getting with 3rd parties nowadays.

All I know is that Mega Man should be the first 3rd party character addition, period. They could add in the entire cast of Final Fantasy VII and I wouldn't be annoyed one bit, knowing they did the great justice of adding the blue bomber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom