• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd say replace Dark Samus for Isaac.

But no Toon Link would make me sad. I don't think Vaati can replace him, though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So how about this roster?

Also if you know who I should replace for Issac please tell me. I've been debating about that with myself for a while
I'd say replace Lyn. Four FE characters is unlikely, and even if we did get four it'd be Chrom (or maybe Lucina), not Lyn. Dark Samus is another I'd consider removing or replacing. I'd also replace Vaati with Toon Link, like FalKoopa said. Otherwise it's pretty good.

splat

Smash Lord

I'll justify my choices tomorrow. 4AM isn't a good time to defend controversial ideas like May or Original Smash characters.
I don't think two Sonic characters is unheard of (especially with Sega seemingly backing up the Wii U like it's their own console), but I don't see the same happening for Metal Gear. Also, as said by others, there's way too many third parties on there either way. Still no Pac-Man, which I think is a bit odd.
Your starting roster is also lacking in the retro department. Sakurai said he likes reviving old series, we can assume there will be a revived retro in Smash 4.
Waddle Dee and Masked Man are fine picks, but fairly unlikely. Kirby is fine with the top three characters and Earthbound is often called 'over-represented' already, a third character would make matters even worse. I would be fine with both of them, but many others wouldn't, I guess.
I'm not a fan of Paper Mario and Toon Zelda on there - both of them would be fairly clone-y and I think there's more interesting picks.
Hoenn Trainer and Micaiah are just plain unlikely to me - Hoenn Trainer would replace Red - and thus toss out three fine movesets for thee new ones which I don't see happening - and Micaiah missed the boat.
Starfy and Andy are pretty original picks (and original characters), but I can't help but feel that they'd step aside for the bigger guns: characters like Palutena, Takamaru, Mii and perhaps even Tingle.
All in all, this feels more like a fan roster rather than a prediction roster..

Here's my prediction for a 45 character roster:

All characters from Brawl included.
8 Newcomers (King K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Krystal, Bowser Jr, Isaac and Mega Man)
2 Returning (Roy and Mewtwo)

Bowser Jr, Krystal and Palutena might be pretty risky, but I feel that they each at least have a reasonable chance.
For a 45-character roster I think it's pretty cool. I think you could do without Krystal though - and replace her with a retro character, I reckon.

Finally decided to get that roster creator program.

I'd be very sad if Sakurai decides to pair up Diddy and Dixie. I don't think it'll happen either - we got used to Diddy alone, I don't think that'll change. Other than that, I think it's fine - never played Xenoblade so I'm not too sure how similar Isaac and Shulk would be, but I think it could work :)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'd be very sad if Sakurai decides to pair up Diddy and Dixie. I don't think it'll happen either - we got used to Diddy alone, I don't think that'll change. Other than that, I think it's fine - never played Xenoblade so I'm not too sure how similar Isaac and Shulk would be, but I think it could work :)
Good thing Shulk and Isaac have nothing in common except hair color. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Aren't they both swordsmen capable of some sort of spellcasting?
Isaac has a normal sword, but ground and plant controlling magic, while Shulk has a sort of energy sword with many different powers. Isaac's powers derive mostly from his magic, Shulk's powers derive mostly from his sword. They have different kinds of swords and different kinds of spellcasting (though I wouldn't call what Shulk does spellcasting).

FourStar

Smash Ace
Here's my prediction for a 45 character roster:

All characters from Brawl included.
8 Newcomers (King K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Krystal, Bowser Jr, Isaac and Mega Man)
2 Returning (Roy and Mewtwo)

Bowser Jr, Krystal and Palutena might be pretty risky, but I feel that they each at least have a reasonable chance.

Here's how I imagined the starting roster would look, and in what order you'd generally unlock the characters (probably in a new Adventure Mode or something.)

This is taking into consideration that K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac and Mega Man are revealed in the E3 trailer, and excluding Mega Man that they are the only newcomers you start off with. There are 14 unlockable characters this way, maybe I should have made Toon Link unlockable to get it to 15 but w/e, the starting roster doesn't tick my OCD this way.

I personally don't think we'll get more than 10 more characters added to the already existing Brawl roster, with nobody being cut. If anyone has a chance of getting cut it'd be Toon Link, and he has the saving factor that is the new Wind Waker remake being worked on. Semi-clones like Luigi and Falco will probably get even more de-cloned to be completely unique, while Roy and Toon Link will hopefully turn into semi-clones.

And remember, this is a prediction, not necessarily what I or you want. The only character I really want is Ridley, and his chances are high enough that I feel confident enough in including him anyways. The rest are just ones that I think are likely to get a spot.
finally the right list!! :pikachu:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Posted this in the speculation chart, but it has apparently been confirmed that Smash 4, along with Mario Kart, and the new 3D Mario will be revealed in a Nintendo Direct before E3.

$%&# YES!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Posted this in the speculation chart, but it has apparently been confirmed that Smash 4, along with Mario Kart, and the new 3D Mario will be revealed in a Nintendo Direct before E3.

$%&# YES!

But yeah, it'll be one hell of a Direct.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay. So Banjo and Kazooie are confirmed as a character for SSB4 as a third party character.

1. How would you react?
2. Do you think they would fit?
3. What stage would you think they would pick?
4. Music?
5. AT?
6. Moveset for the bear and bird?
7. Would their inclusion change your view of Microsoft?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
1. I'd shed a tear of joy.
2. Yes, if they be conservative with the moveset.
3. Likely Spiral Mountain.
4. The main theme, of course!
5. Mumbo, for sure.
6. Firing eggs (B), Kazooie flight (Up B), Wonderwing (Side B), Snooze Pack (Down B). I'd imagine grabs would involve shoving the opponent in the backpack as Kazooie pecks at the opponent.
7. I don't see Microsoft as anything to do with them. Rare is their own company to me, regardless of who the higher-ups are.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Okay. So Banjo and Kazooie are confirmed as a character for SSB4 as a third party character.

1. How would you react?
4. Music?
5. AT?
1. Explosion. I might die. B&K was my childhood and Smash is my favourite series... together... I couldn't handle it.
2. Absolutely.
3. Spiral Mountain or Gruntilda's Lair
4. Yes, all of it. :awesome:
5. Mumbo, no question.
6. Off the top of my head...
- B: Egg Firing
- Side B: Beak Barge
- Up B: Flight
- Down B: Breegull Blaster (could work similarly to cracker launcher)
- FS: Dragon Kazooie
7. If they were still with Microsoft, and B&K were to appear on the Wii U, I'd be stunned. But yeah, I'd have to give credit where it was due. I only see them being included if Nintendo somehow gets rights to the IP again though.

I need to stop thinking about how B&K would work in Smash though, it's too bittersweet. :c
Dammit Microsoft...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Banjo & Kazooie, man. I wish they stayed Nintendo property. Playing as Gruntilda is like, my dream.

Also, anyone have Sakurai's character requirements laying around?

splat

Smash Lord
Isaac has a normal sword, but ground and plant controlling magic, while Shulk has a sort of energy sword with many different powers. Isaac's powers derive mostly from his magic, Shulk's powers derive mostly from his sword. They have different kinds of swords and different kinds of spellcasting (though I wouldn't call what Shulk does spellcasting).
Ah, thanks :) I did some quick searching on Xenoblade, but it just doesn't interest me at all. I couldn't even watch a couple of minutes of gameplay.

1. How would you react?
[...]
1. I've never played Banjo and Kazooie (I never owned a 64), so I'd rather see faces that are more iconic to me. When people see the two, they'll probably think of their childhood, but I never experienced those games that way - all I see is two anthropomorphic animals. I wouldn't mind, because I know many people enjoy the two (and based on that I assume they're fairly enjoyable characters) but I'd personally rather see other characters take the third party slot: Pac-Man, Mega Man, Bomberman or even pre-Skylanders Spyro (the last character being my childhood, played the **** out of Gateway to Glimmer).
2. Of course - they're from the Diddy Kong franchise, so it'd be only logical to expect them in a similar style to the Kongs.
3 up to 6 I can't answer as I never played the games.
7. No, it wouldn't - Microsoft is a company, and like any other company, their goal is to make money. Sometimes they do this in a way that upsets the customers, but the same goes for Nintendo: the recent situation with Let's Play videos on YouTube makes for a good example. My only view that might be changed is my view on Nintendo: it'd be pretty stupid to include a character whose games are exclusive to a different console. Now, if they'd retrieve the rights to the series their inclusion would make sense, but otherwise? No way.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

1. How would you react?

4. Music?

5. AT?

1. FU$% YES!

2. Easily

3. Spiral Mountain hands down.

4. Music?

[collapse=Music]

[/collapse]

5. Mumbo

6. B: Egg shot

Forward B: Breegull Bash

Down B: Beak Buster

Up B: Flight

Final Smash: Jinjonator

7. Not really.

D

Deleted member

1. How would you react?
4. Music?
5. AT?
1. I'm more or less neutral on their inclusion, but I'd be glad to see them in nonetheless.
2. Better than any other third-parties, truthfully speaking.
3. Mumbo Mountain.
4. Mumbo Mountain would be great to remix.
5. Mumbo would make a great Assist Trophy.
6. Can't really think of any, but then again, I'm horrible at making move sets.
7. Not really and I never cared for Microsoft's consoles anyway.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd love Banjo & Kazooie. Probably my favorite choice if they actually had a chance.

Not to change the subject, but something I was thinking about. Reggie said that the games shown in the Nintendo Direct before E3 would be playable at Best Buy stores. So, while Smash is a game that will be shown, and could possibly be playable at Best Buy, how far along do we think they are in development?

This is pretty exciting. They are already going to have a playable demo for it? They must be pretty far, I mean I suppose it was to be assumed that they would be much faster with this one. But i'm also wondering whether or not they will give a release date for it. I'd practically **** myself.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You PeePz need to stop talking about B&K...why do people not laugh at the same joke but cry over the same things...its what dreams are made for...sorry its just impossible and extrememly depressing...

Also when i said the same joke is not funny twice this is a exception.

METROID CANT CRAWL.jpg

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well guys, if Rare keeps failing with the Banjo IP, Nintendo could definitely reacquire it.

Also, with Nintendo and SEGA entering into an exclusive 3-Sonic game agreement, that's further proof that Sonic is a lock.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not to change the subject, but something I was thinking about. Reggie said that the games shown in the Nintendo Direct before E3 would be playable at Best Buy stores. So, while Smash is a game that will be shown, and could possibly be playable at Best Buy, how far along do we think they are in development?

This is pretty exciting. They are already going to have a playable demo for it? They must be pretty far, I mean I suppose it was to be assumed that they would be much faster with this one. But i'm also wondering whether or not they will give a release date for it. I'd practically **** myself.
If Smash is going to be playable, I guess it'd be a little further in development than some originally thought, but I still don't see it before 2014. I just can't imagine one of the Best Buy demos not leaking elsewhere. I also doubt a release date more specific than "Coming Soon" or "2014".

As for the characters in the demo, I'd say whatever characters were in the trailer (though maybe not the third-party), and a handful of veterans. Most likely from the starting eight. Maybe Pit too, just cuz. Sakurai.

Snake here because Kojima wanted him in melee originally derp

I'd play it, even with stupid old Urban Champion. Hell, I probably wouldn't have bothered with Brawl if it didn't have Banjo, once I already got accustomed to him in Smash. The only changes I'd make were switching Juno for Diddy (who probably would've had some role in Melee if it weren't for Rare), and Black Shadow for Goroh (because really all BS had at that point was F-Zero X, where he was just another racer, while Goroh was in both, clearly Falcon's rival, had a trophy and appeared in the intro).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So Ganondorf is the Link clone?
Yes :troll:

I'd play it, even with stupid old Urban Champion. Hell, I probably wouldn't have bothered with Brawl if it didn't have Banjo, once I already got accustomed to him in Smash. The only changes I'd make were switching Juno for Diddy (who probably would've had some role in Melee if it weren't for Rare), and Black Shadow for Goroh (because really all BS had at that point was F-Zero X, where he was just another racer, while Goroh was in both, clearly Falcon's rival, had a trophy and appeared in the intro).
Well I remember hearing some stuff about Black Shadow being considered before Ganondorf was made the clone. Although you're probably right about Goroh being better.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I just recently bought the Last Story and it is made by same group as Xenoblade. Any chance for Zael to make it or is the Last Story dwarfed too much by Xenoblade?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As far as I know, Xenoblade dwarfs Last Story in terms of popularity and requests. If there is character DLC, then I can see Zael happening.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i dont think anything would create more noise/emotions then B&K being revealed in the trailer...Nothing at all could touch it!
BANJO TOOIE.jpg

Taken from my phone! is it wrong to play Banjo Tooie on the Xbox360....its great on it though...feels wrong though...feels ****ed...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Smash is going to be playable, I guess it'd be a little further in development than some originally thought, but I still don't see it before 2014. I just can't imagine one of the Best Buy demos not leaking elsewhere. I also doubt a release date more specific than "Coming Soon" or "2014".

As for the characters in the demo, I'd say whatever characters were in the trailer (though maybe not the third-party), and a handful of veterans. Most likely from the starting eight. Maybe Pit too, just cuz. Sakurai.
I might end up being that guy and ask one of my friends who works at Best Buy if he knows anything about the game. Otherwise i'll be camping outside of Best Buy the night of to play it :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom