• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
8-peacock-8 collecting opinions makes me sort of suspicious. I think that roster is not his perhaps... Well, who knows.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Fun Fact that is actually boring: I was going to make a roster based on the recent rumor that said we'd have Dark Pit, Palutena, and Tom Nook.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Guess I'll go ahead and post this before it's too late. Maybe not so much a prediction, more of a... realistic preference, but I'm going with it anyway. More fun with a roster you actually like.

I believe Mewtwo will count as two characters since his new form was revealed, so this is a 54 character roster.
One of the best rosters I've seen!

My personal roster (before E3):
(Newcomers in Bold Italics)

Super Mario

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Bowser Jr

Legend of Zelda

6. Link
7. Zelda/Impa
8. Ghirahim
9. Toon Link
10. Wind Waker Ganondorf (Semi Newcomer)

Pokemon

11. Pikachu
12. Jigglypuff
13. Pokemon Trainer Gold w/ Chikorita, Quilava, & Feraligatr
14. Mewtwo/Awakened Mewtwo
15. Genesect

Donkey Kong

16. Donkey Kong
17. Diddy Kong
18. King K. Rool

Earthbound/Mother

19. Ness
20. Lucas

F-Zero

21. Captain Falcon

Yoshi's Story/Island

22. Yoshi

Star Fox

23. Fox
24. Falco
25. Wolf

Metroid

26. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
27. Ridley

WarioWare/Land

28. Wario

Fire Emblem

29. Marth
30. Micaiah
31. Chrom

Kirby

32. Kirby
33. King DeDeDe
34. Metaknight

Kid Icarus

35. Pit
36. Palutena

Pikmin

37. Captain Olimar

Xenoblade

38. Shulk

Golden Sun

39. Matthew

Sin & Punishment

40. Isa Jo

Punchout

41. Little Mac

Dillon's Rolling Western

42. Dillon

Retro

43. Mr. Game & Watch
44. Ice Climbers
45. ROB
46. Sheriff
47. Takamaru

3rd Party

48. Sonic the Hedgehog
49. Mega-Man
50. Lloyd Irving

Wii Series

51. Mii

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 50 character roster plus the Mii
21 and a half newcomers

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, it was peaceful for a while while the logic started to return to the threads and the FE conversations decreased. :troll:

Anyway DSN, is that a prediction roster or a wishlist roster?

D

Deleted member

Swampasaur is my biggest fan.
Why did I get the idea to make a "s*** hits the fan" joke just now...?

EDIT: Oh....your old avatar of you wearing the SHT shirt with the rain of swirly poops in the background....that's why I had the idea. :laugh:

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Semi Realistic Wishlist Roster
Brawl vets (-Sheik)+
Mewtwo
K Rool
Ridley
Lyn
Isaac
Shulk
Saki
Palutena
Dillon
Megaman
Impa( inherits Sheik's moves, but is separate from Zelda.)
Figured its about time I made one of these myself.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Shadow? Anyone else want Shadow?
I also think Mewtwo should be in SSB4
Eh, I think a more recognizable Sonic character would be Tails or Eggman. And that is if Sonic returns and the series gets a newcomer...

Agreed on your second point. Mewtwo should return.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think that Shadow, Metal Sonic, and any other character who basically looks like Sonic should get in as an alternate costume of Sonic's.

Yep. A revamped and balanced Mewtwo would be epic.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Ah, character roster predictions. I do have a few things I want to guess at--not a full roster (I can't begin to guess), but a few notes.

I predict roster cuts. High risk characters include Wolf, Ike OR Marth, and Pokemon Trainer. If Alternate Costumes become a thing (as in, same moveset/model, unique VA), I expect Falco to fold into Fox and Lucinda is GUARANTEED to be a Marth Alt.

MAXIMUM TROLLING: Micaiah is a new FE rep, because I don't see her getting in at all, really. :troll:

It is a 50/50 coinflip if, as far as ladies go, Palutena is our only new addition. If there's more than one, it's likely gonna come from FE.

MAXIMUM TROLLING: New second female? Zoroark. why? Because the most distinct Zoroark is from the movie, and that one was female and looking out for her son. :troll:

We will see at best 8 newbies. I don't know if Lloyd or Pac Man is going to show up, I don't see them both.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Semi Realistic Wishlist Roster
Brawl vets (-Sheik)+
Mewtwo
K Rool
Ridley
Lyn
Isaac
Shulk
Saki
Palutena
Dillon
Megaman
Impa( inherits Sheik's moves, but is separate from Zelda.)
Figured its about time I made one of these myself.
Got all my favorites on it! :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He will never truely understand the power of the Marht. And his sword duncing skills that´ll forever remind us of this place.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe I should have prefaced that with (heavily leaning to Ike). I thought Ike was the more popular overall. Guess I was wrong.
How about neither Marth or Ike are cut and we get Roy back?

Seems pretty good to me.

Uranium235

Smash Cadet
Obviously none of the origional ssb characters will get cut, and as for characters that were introduced in melee i can see maybe game and watch getting cut but even hes highly unlikely but from brawl i can see danger for ike, lucario and rob... But most certainly not marth. The competitive community would be in outrage

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Keeping everyone AND getting newbies would be ideal, but I don't see that happening. I'll be impressed if we do (and more impressed if it's relatively balanced). I recant everything I said about Marth, but Ike being in danger still stands.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Chrom will has way less popularity than Ike. All Chrom has is recentness. Sakurai would get major flack for cutting a popular and distinct Lord for such a bland and generic guy.

Uranium235

Smash Cadet
I think every new smash bros will have the fire emblem character that is not marth being replaced with the newest fire emblem hero. Just a random prediction though.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I'd say Chrom will has way less popularity than Ike. All Chrom has is recentness. Sakurai would get major flack for cutting a popular and distinct Lord for such a bland and generic guy.
First off standing popularity is not the only thing that goes into picking a character.
Secondly, the bland and generic is a extremely weak criticism. ALL FE lords follow a very similar archetype, Ike included. If you're talking about fighting style, then Chroms pretty equivalent to Ike and you should be throwing him in the same boat.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Let me rephrase what I said. What I meant was that Chrom brings nothing new to Smash. And while popularity is certainly not all, recentness is less, and that's Chrom's only edge.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Let me rephrase what I said. What I meant was that Chrom brings nothing new to Smash. And while popularity is certainly not all, recentness is less, and that's Chrom's only edge.
For those who believe that Chrom might replace ike, adding something new to smash is no problem at all. If you're wondering if he can add something to smash with Ike still in then you haven't seen any movesets. The possibilities are endless. The only question is if sakurai decides to make a clone or not.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
True, he might have an interesting move set if a lot of creativity was put into him, but so could anyone. That hasn't stopped Sakurai from creating clones before.
I don't really feel like arguing with you right now anyway, so I'll drop the subject.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think every new smash bros will have the fire emblem character that is not marth being replaced with the newest fire emblem hero. Just a random prediction though.
I also feel like this is an option. Even if the new hero is an axe user, he/she could still use Ike's moveset exactly.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
True, he might have an interesting move set if a lot of creativity was put into him, but so could anyone. That hasn't stopped Sakurai from creating clones before.
I don't really feel like arguing with you right now anyway, so I'll drop the subject.
I'll assume that means I won the argument. I didn't call you out just so you could get away with a shallow assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom