• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
People are not acting that way about Duck Hunt Dogs inclusion in Super Smash Brothers Crusade. It was a very popular add and request for that game. Also check out the DHD thread on here if you haven't already. There is some support.

I preferred Wario in his plumber outfit. I liked his moveset except for the fart and motorcycle, a little too much.
Fan game =/= an OFFICIAL game.

You can't compare a character's popularity in a fan game to how "liked" he would be in an official game.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
What I disliked on Wario was his up-B, actually. His Motorcycle is pretty epic, yet not that useful in 1v1 battles except for godly recovery.
I always imagined he will have his rolljump like in GameCube's Wario World.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
B is so freaking random yeah. I wish he'd had something more iconic instead of that. :rolleyes: His B would be far better fit for a character as Ridley or K.Rool honestly.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well yeah even Pac Man would fit the move much better now that you mentoin it indeed...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i honestly did not ever like him. and to this day i still think i haven't played with wario. him and diddy kong

and to this day i still think i haven't played with wario. him and diddy kong

him and diddy kong

diddy kong

You've hit a dangerous nerve there boy. :i6rkW:

D

Deleted member

The new captains have names now! (notices that i double posted. Meh) Also, Charlie is the confirmed leader.

LOL. Their names start with the letter that they were identified as.
ex. Captain A = Alph, Captain B = Brittany, Captain C = Charlie.

I wonder, if Captain D had not been scrapped, would his name have been something like David?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Interesting new thought on discussion I wanted to bring over from the Poll thread because I feel this thread is more relection on this subject.

They are discussion Banjo-Kazooie and Rare. Let's say Nintendo retained the IP to Rare products or Rare itself. How would this have affected Melee and Brawl? Would Banjo have made it in to both of them? My vote is he would not have gotten in until Brawl but it would be interesting. Would Conker be in Smash?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Interesting new thought on discussion I wanted to bring over from the Poll thread because I feel this thread is more relection on this subject.

They are discussion Banjo-Kazooie and Rare. Let's say Nintendo retained the IP to Rare products or Rare itself. How would this have affected Melee and Brawl? Would Banjo have made it in to both of them? My vote is he would not have gotten in until Brawl but it would be interesting. Would Conker be in Smash?
Ugh...toi much effort...i get back to you when im sober..

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
LOL. Their names start with the letter that they were identified as.
ex. Captain A = Alph, Captain B = Brittany, Captain C = Charlie.

I wonder, if Captain D had not been scrapped, would his name have been something like David?
I wonder if the D captain is still in, but in a supporting role. Like he's mission control or something.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Technically, he could've gotten into Melee. Either way though, I doubt he would've been playable before Brawl, but by Brawl, especially if we had gotten Banjo-Threeie on the Gamecube, I'd say chances are he'd have been playable. Makes me sad thinking about it. :(

I honestly wouldn't see more than an AT for Conker though, since Nintendo distanced themselves from his game, and BFD never released in Japan. If he had gotten a follow-up, maybe by SSB4 he'd have a chance, again probably not if it didn't release in Japan, but before then I doubt he would've been playable.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Technically, he could've gotten into Melee. Either way though, I doubt he would've been playable before Brawl, but by Brawl, especially if we had gotten Banjo-Threeie on the Gamecube, I'd say chances are he'd have been playable. Makes me sad thinking about it. :(

I honestly wouldn't see more than an AT for Conker though, since Nintendo distanced themselves from his game, and BFD never released in Japan. If he had gotten a follow-up, maybe by SSB4 he'd have a chance, again probably not if it didn't release in Japan, but before then I doubt he would've been playable.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. I think though even if Banjo did not get a game on Gamecube, I see the fan demand getting him into Brawl.

His series would have been represented by trophies and likely a stage in Brawl (curious debate can begin on stage). I wonder if any other characters from his series would also have been playable. Interesting to think about.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So Pizzadudemanguy is back to doing roster stuff. A lot of his opinions have changed and the roster he's reviewing is.....eh?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I agree with pretty much everything you said. I think though even if Banjo did not get a game on Gamecube, I see the fan demand getting him into Brawl.

His series would have been represented by trophies and likely a stage in Brawl (curious debate can begin on stage). I wonder if any other characters from his series would also have been playable. Interesting to think about.
Yeah, I agree, I meant he probably would've gotten in either way, but Banjo-Threeie likely would've made it a lock.

And like all series except ROB, he would've had trophies and a stage, I agree. Probably either Spiral Mountain, Mumbo's Mountain or Gruntilda's Lair is my guess. I also wouldn't be surprised if Mumbo had been an AT. I doubt for Brawl we would've got any other B&K characters, but if the series had continued maybe by SSB4 we would've got Mumbo or Gruntilda or something, probably depending on how successful the series was at that point.

Apparently we did have Rare trophies in Melee, but they got yanked. :c

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Banjo in Smash :awesome:

B: Egg shot (Will randomly shoot one of the many other eggs you use in Banjo-Tooie)
Forward B: Breegull Bash
Down B: Beak Buster
Up B: Flight
Final Smash: Jinjonator

Trophies:
1. Banjo and Kazooie
2. Jinjonator (Final Smash)
3. Tootie
4. Gruntilda
5. Mumbo
6. Bottles
7. Humba Wumba
8. Clanker
9. Klungo
10. Grunty's Sisters
11. Hag 1
12. B.O.B.
13. Jiggy
14. Ice Key and Stop N Swop Eggs
15. Jinjo

Stages:
Spiral Mountain
Grunty Industries

ATs:
Mumbo Jumbo
Conker

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So Pizzadudemanguy is back to doing roster stuff. A lot of his opinions have changed and the roster he's reviewing is.....eh?

I actually disagree with him more now than I used to. There are some things I agree with, like his new positions on the Zelda series and Mewtwo, but I gotta disagree about Paper Mario, K. Rool, Little Mac, and the Kid Icarus series, among others.

Also the roster he's reviewing isn't too good, but sadly for Youtube it's not bad.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I actually disagree with him more now than I used to. There are some things I agree with, like his new positions on the Zelda series and Mewtwo, but I gotta disagree about Paper Mario, K. Rool, Little Mac, and the Kid Icarus series, among others.

Also the roster he's reviewing isn't too good, but sadly for Youtube it's not bad.
I think he's only coming back now because of SSB4's reveal coming up soon.

Agreed on the entire YT roster also.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Do you also think there would be some trophies for some of the Diddy Kong racing characters that never got their own series? I would like to see them developed at least into DKC characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Do you also think there would be some trophies for some of the Diddy Kong racing characters that never got their own series? I would like to see them developed at least into DKC characters.
As they would be part of a spin-off to the main DK series, I think stickers would be more likely for them, but I suppose we could've seen maybe a trophy or two, of like Wizpig or Taj or something.

And IIRC some of the DKR characters (other than Banjo and Conker) were planned to have their own games eventually, but they got cancelled or never made it past beginning stages, even when Rare was still with Nintendo. Don't remember which ones though, maybe Timber?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
As they would be part of a spin-off to the main DK series, I think stickers would be more likely for them, but I suppose we could've seen maybe a trophy or two, of like Wizpig or Taj or something.

And IIRC some of the DKR characters (other than Banjo and Conker) were planned to have their own games eventually, but they got cancelled or never made it past beginning stages, even when Rare was still with Nintendo. Don't remember which ones though, maybe Timber?
It was Timber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom