• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
yea you are, even if it gets delayed to 2015 it would only move up to 20-21 months, no where near 50 months. e_e
Hmph. I'm just going by what people said. If it's updated once a month, it would be sensible to think that we would get 50+ updates along with stages, items, music, etc. just like the last Smash Dojo.

If it isn't 1 update a month, someone please correct the gentlemen or fine woman for the benefit of others.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hmph. I'm just going by what people said. If it's updated once a month, it would be sensible to think that we would get 50+ updates along with stages, items, music, etc. just like the last Smash Dojo.

If it isn't 1 update a month, someone please correct the gentlemen or fine woman for the benefit of others.
What people have said it is likely a character will be revealed one a month. e_e l2r.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it's a bad idea to assume it's a pattern when this is the first update we've had since E3. While it's only a character, i'm sure we'll see other things along with it, and maybe a redesigned DOJO!! with it.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I just did the release prediction so I can say I predicted it in the future. I'm guessing a string of updates irregularly in the future until E3, and they will have by then a playable roster, and then updates for hype until the release.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
What people have said it is likely a character will be revealed one a month. e_e l2r.
That's what I just said. Maybe you should actually "l2r" before you start throwing it out yourself.

Do without the insults. It allows me to respect you more.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
So, who do you think will be the next reveiled newcomer/veteran now that Olimar has been shown?
if we wanna go by correlating releases then i'd say Luigi for Mario & Luigi game coming. then probably a couple misc. characters who dont necesarily have a big game coming soon like say Falco or a possible newcomer like Little Mac. then a Zelda character cause of WW, and Link Between Worlds, and Diddy to correspond with Tropical Freeze. etc etc

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That's what I just said. Maybe you should actually "l2r" before you start throwing it out yourself.

Do without the insults. It allows me to respect you more.
This is what you said.

People aren't say general updates once a month but character revelas once a month. Things like stages and itms can easily be done in the one pic a day without any real importance. Sheesh.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
8/11 - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Luigi
October 2013 - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - WW (Toon) Link
November 2013 - Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze - Diddy Kong
November 2013 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Zelda?
December 2013 - Super Mario 3D World - Peach/(Blue/Yellow) Toad
Holiday 2013 - Sonic Lost World - Sonic
Spring 2014 - Mario Kart 8 - Wario/Waluigi/Daisy?
2014 - Yoshi's New Island - Yoshi

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So, who do you think will be the next reveiled newcomer/veteran now that Olimar has been shown?
I'm still not sold on characters appearing because of their launches. But, i think its something they would do again. I say they'll promote X and Y with possibly Mewtwo. As for the very next character, I would say a Kirby or Zelda character.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
This is what you said.

People aren't say general updates once a month but character revelas once a month. Things like stages and itms can easily be done in the one pic a day without any real importance. Sheesh.
It can be easily done. But it hasn't been done yet. So that point is moot, for the moment.

I did say that it's possible for the game to still be released and for the website to still update for the more casual or slower players.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't know about Luigi, or any unlockable character being shown really. If anything, I think the next few character updates will consist of...:

Peach
Yoshi
Wario
Zelda
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Pokemon Trainer or Mewtwo
Diddy Kong
K.Rool or Ridley

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So Olimar's been revealed...cool, cool...

As for the discussion of character reveals, I think it's more along the lines of a veteran per month and newcomers being revealed in their own ways at events and such, that way it would make more sense. If this game has a supposed October-November release for next year, we'd have a total of 16 possible veterans not including possible hidden characters.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have suspicion that due to Olimar being revealed a month after E3, we might get monthly character updates with possibly newcomers maybe getting a Nintendo Direct or video.

It is 17 months from now until December 2014. Smash will be released sometime during then. Bearing that in mind, it's feasible that we could get a character update every month (not on the 12th) but around that time frame.

Of course, that theory can be debunked by the fact Pikmin 3 comes out tomorrow here in Japan so Olimar may had been released only to promote the game.
I still think it is very random. Olimar's update was likely tied to Pikmin 3. I think we will have months with no characters and maybe one with 3. You never know. It was very random with Brawl.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In terms of character reveals, I have no idea what order they'll actually come in, but it seems pretty straightforward in that returning veterans will make their debuts on the website (other than maybe Snake and Sonic), whereas newcomers will be shown off during Nintendo Directs for maximum publicity.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
This is how I see it happening....

Veterans to be revealed through once a month

1.) Peach
2.) Meta Knight
3.) King Dedede
4.) Ice Climbers
5.) Diddy Kong
6.) Yoshi
7.) Wario
8.) Zelda/Sheik
9.) Lucas
10.) Possibly Captain Falcon
11.) Possibly Ness
12.) Ike
13.) Pokemon Trainer
14.) Mewtwo
15.) Solid Snake
16.) Sonic the Hedgehog

Characters who will not get revealed due to being Hidden characters:

Luigi
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
Ganondorf
R.O.B.
Possibly Ness
Possibly Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Possibly Lucario
Possibly Toon Link
Wolf

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think his release was most definitely tied to Pikmin 3. His profile even links to the game.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think it's a bad idea to assume it's a pattern when this is the first update we've had since E3. While it's only a character, i'm sure we'll see other things along with it, and maybe a redesigned DOJO!! with it.
Wow you are on fire today. It is like you are my voice in this thread. I agree with everything you have said last 3 pages or so.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I knew a veteran would be the next announced. To tell you the truth, I should have seen it coming. I mean, wasn't Olimar one of the first revealed on the Brawl Dojo? Plus, its a different franchise. I expected someone like Peah or Wario though.
Olimar was actually the last newcomer revealed before Brawl's launch. (January 2008)

This is how I see it happening....

Veterans to be revealed through once a month

1.) Peach
2.) Meta Knight
3.) King Dedede
4.) Ice Climbers
5.) Diddy Kong
6.) Yoshi
7.) Wario
8.) Zelda/Sheik
9.) Lucas
10.) Possibly Captain Falcon
11.) Possibly Ness
12.) Ike
13.) Pokemon Trainer
14.) Mewtwo
15.) Solid Snake
16.) Sonic the Hedgehog

Characters who will not get revealed due to being Hidden characters:

Luigi
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
Ganondorf
R.O.B.
Possibly Ness
Possibly Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Possibly Lucario
Possibly Toon Link
Wolf
What's your explanation behind that certain order of characters?

---

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
jaytalks said:
Points for not including Dry Bowser. It's nicely rainbow colored. It's interesting that you put jigglypuff in the maybe section. And by deducing your list, it seems that its either Roy or Ike in that maybe pool, or both. Definitely not neither, right?
I dont expect to see either S. Goroh or Meowth, and I expect at least one new Pokemon rep.

Interesting idea though. I think I'll put a maybe pile underneath my roster to better organize my thoughts.
I left Jigglypuff in the maybe section because she was there during Brawl; I could be more optimistic and leave her in the initial roster because she's now a three-game veteran, but I'm playing it safe due to the Pokemon Company's shenanigans. Ike would be one of the first characters I'd add back to the main roster, if not the first; he ended up there due to me toying around with Chrom during the drafting phase, as well as wanting a neat 45 characters to start with. Anyway, the odds of Fire Emblem having two characters is quite high, and having three isn't too big a stretch either.

Samurai Goroh is mainly just a bone thrown to the F-Zero fans dying for just one new character in a series with dozens and dozens of them. I acknowledge his unlikelihood, and put him there in case Sakurai wants to promote him from his previous Smash cameos. Meowth is my personal guess for a shocking new Pokemon addition, in the vein of Pokemon Trainer, and is definitely the least likely of the 'honorable mentions' category. In terms of new Pokemon reps, I do expect Mewtwo to change forms, thus being a psuedo-newcomer. Because of the rumors floating around that he currently has a third form, in addition to the Awakening one, I'm leaving him as just regular Mewtwo until I can make a more informed decision (though, if he ends up having three forms, that would endanger Pokemon Trainer on my list).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Assuming Smash 4 and 5 don't get delayed, it could come out anywhere from (my thoughts btw, so take it with a grain of salt) May 2014 - December 2014. If that is the case we have anywhere from 9 months to 17 updates.

I'm going to do some foolish calculations here. Smash 4 started development soon after Kid Icarus: Uprising was released, which was March 2012 correct? That means that after 16 months or so, we have information on roughly thirteen characters. If we went on a monthly basis, we would have 17 more characters revealed, giving us a total of 30 characters revealed on the site, leaving anywhere from 10 to 20 as unlockables.

For Brawl's site, we were given 25 character reveals (or 27 overall) before the game released, with 12 characters as unlockables. With this as a comparison, more than 15 would be a LOT of unlockable characters. I like to unlock things, but there would be a lot to do.

I predict that we will see more than one per month, or some months with several, some with maybe none. I think we'll see more characters revealed than the amount of roster spots in Brawl (35), as the Brawl did with Melee (which had 25 roster spots).

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I left Jigglypuff in the maybe section because she was there during Brawl; I could be more optimistic and leave her in the initial roster because she's now a three-game veteran, but I'm playing it safe due to the Pokemon Company's shenanigans. Ike would be one of the first characters I'd add back to the main roster, if not the first; he ended up there due to me toying around with Chrom during the drafting phase, as well as wanting a neat 45 characters to start with. Anyway, the odds of Fire Emblem having two characters is quite high, and having three isn't too big a stretch either.

Samurai Goroh is mainly just a bone thrown to the F-Zero fans dying for just one new character in a series with dozens and dozens of them. I acknowledge his unlikelihood, and put him there in case Sakurai wants to promote him from his previous Smash cameos. Meowth is my personal guess for a shocking new Pokemon addition, in the vein of Pokemon Trainer, and is definitely the least likely of the 'honorable mentions' category. In terms of new Pokemon reps, I do expect Mewtwo to change forms, thus being a psuedo-newcomer. Because of the rumors floating around that he currently has a third form, in addition to the Awakening one, I'm leaving him as just regular Mewtwo until I can make a more informed decision (though, if he ends up having three forms, that would endanger Pokemon Trainer on my list).
I don't think they'll cut Ike and not add another FE rep. So two reps are guaranteed for that series. The Pokemon Company input makes the reps hard to predict, I personally would like to see less Gen 1 focus, so I hope they approach representation differently than they have in the past. I don't see any newcomers from Gen 1 for pokemon, as most of those pokemon have fallen in prominence in the pokesphere. I don't treat Mewtwo as a newcomer and I think we will at least get one more.

D

Deleted member

If Mewtwo returns, chances are, depending on how his 3 forms will work (Yes, I said three. Every part of the PokéBeach leak has been accurate thus far for X and Y. This means, like it or not, there's another new form we have yet to see.), we will have to see some cuts from the Pokémon.
In which case, I fear for both Jigglypuff and Lucario, and to a lesser extent, Squirtle and Ivysaur.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alright, prediction time.

Since the first trailers showed most SSB64 veterans (except the hidden 4 and Yoshi), and this update was about a Brawl veteran.
My guess is that the next revealed character will be Melee centric.

In order of likelyhood.

<<Ice Climbers>> (my bet)
Mr.Game & Watch
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Zelda
Peach
Falco
Ganondorf

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am relatively confident that Sakurai will try to strike a balance between Melee and Brawl in terms of revealing a handful of characters before release, but also saving a few hype-worthy ones for unlockables (since this balance is seemingly a goal for gameplay, and maybe visuals as well). Following this line of thought, I think SSB4 Mewtwo will be an unlockable, like the non-PT Pokemon newcomers in Melee and Brawl (including himself).

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Ah Olimar confirmed.:) Most likely due to his game's official release being tomorrow in Japan. I wonder if that means we'll get a pokemon announcement before X & Y's release? Interesting thing is that they didn't show him using any of the new pikmin.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If Mewtwo returns, chances are, depending on how his 3 forms will work (Yes, I said three. Every part of the PokéBeach leak has been accurate thus far for X and Y. This means, like it or not, there's another new form we have yet to see.), we will have to see some cuts from the Pokémon.
In which case, I fear for both Jigglypuff and Lucario, and to a lesser extent, Squirtle and Ivysaur.
What if Mewtwo functions like the baby Ridley rumour? :chuckle:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I see what you mean with that.
Birdo didn't start out with a relation to Yoshi, (or to Mario at all, if you count Doki Doki panic) while Waluigi debuted in Mario Tennis as a rival to Luigi and partner to Wario.

However, as much as I think Waluigi would look cooler with the Wario symbol and being with the other Wario characters, he's not a Wario Land or Wario Ware character yet.
He's part of the main Mario series and sports games, so I think series representation (or whatever you call it) goes before character association.

Keep in mind that Waluigi had the main Mario mushroom symbol in Brawl on his Dojo page. (as far as I remember; the Dojo has been down since the SSB4 reveal)

Yes, there is the possibility that they COULD make a Wario Ware styled Waluigi for SSB4 and then lump him in with the Wario series, but that hasn't happened yet.

---
Noah, could you respond to my reply from a few pages back? I'm still confused by what you mean.

"Uh, okay.

So how the **** are those re-releases of an already existing game?
I'm not understanding you.

The Oracles aren't remakes or re-releases of anything. Those games haven't even been remade.

Are you saying that the Oracles have been on the Virtual Console or something and thus are "recent" and aren't likely to have content in Smash just for being "recent"? (or something like that)"

---
Re-release means you are releasing a game that's been released before. Oracles was released before on Gameboy Color.

Also, I am fully aware why Waluigi is and would be a Mario rep. I just said it feels weird.

D

Deleted member

I've been looking all over, is there a picture of this new form I can't find?
If you're talking about the previously revealed one, it's everywhere. But here you go:

If you're talking about the currently unrevealed one, there obviously isn't an image of it.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
If you're talking about the previously revealed one, it's everywhere. But here you go:

If you're talking about the currently unrevealed one, there obviously isn't an image of it.
I meant the new one, was the confirmation on PokeBeach?

it used to be on the Pokemon website but they removed it.

Shoot I guess it's gone now. I wanted to read it...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Hmmm...

I certainly hope nobody gets cut. But it sure would seem like a possibility. I don't know that they would bring Mewtwo back with two different transformations without cutting somebody else.

As a matter of preference, I'd rather see Jigglypuff go than Lucario.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The fact that Mewtwo will has not one, not two, but three different forms in X&Y makes me curious how each will be represented. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of all three becoming playable, but I question whether Sakurai would devote resources to three characters who all seem to have similar dark psychic abilities to pull from, just with varying power levels. Because of this, maybe they could become stances instead?

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
The whole "leak", if anyone's interested.
"Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/Dark.
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.
Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.
In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting."

From: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/66225870 if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom