• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sylveon support? You mean people actually expect Faireevee over Mewtwo? It's not *impossible* especially given the criteria for Pokemon reps, but come on. Even Gamefreak knows that'd be a punch in the **** to Mewtwo fans. And even if we're talking about Lucy, just...hmm...

People.

Granted. I certainly like Sylveon, and the prospect of an evolving Eevee is fascinating, but cmoooon.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Sylveon support? You mean people actually expect Faireevee over Mewtwo? It's not *impossible* especially given the criteria for Pokemon reps, but come on. Even Gamefreak knows that'd be a punch in the **** to Mewtwo fans. And even if we're talking about Lucy, just...hmm...

People.

Granted. I certainly like Sylveon, and the prospect of an evolving Eevee is fascinating, but cmoooon.
Their not supporting her over Mewtwo which is good.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sylveon supporters are supporting him/her/it over no one, but are expecting that Sylveon would have a higher priority to complete than Lucario.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If the first question was true, why has Dry Bowser not reappeared in recent major Mario Titles?

Super Mario 3D Land & New Super Mario Bros. 2 (also Tennis). Maybe You Should Play them! Also when did I say he's requested for Smash.

Unless you can provide proof that 9-Volt has more moveset potential than the other characters, that point is nothing more than an opinion.

I already did, read them! Also you haven't for other characters.

I already posted it, but since you didn't read, read again. K.

2. One of the most iconic and on the level as Jimmy T. Again. Bring a source. Name a game where this actually happens.
How does being on the same level of him 'happen'? If you mean to say what game he is as iconic, all of them.​
3. Been since the beginning and in every title since. That applies to Mona as well as you have stated.
Yeah, it does for both of them

What have you given. Oh, she's a female character! Well, 9-Volt is a main character too as well as and pretty much everything else you said for Mona applies to 9-Volt except the stuff that wouldn't be important for any character. You ignored like half my points dude.
Disagreeing does not = ignoring. Unless which case a member of smashboards disagrees with something and immediately hits the ignore button:awesome:
To go to other stuff your spouting...

3. It takes up development time Yeah, not really. Anything the developers do takes up development time. You are denying fact here.
Nowhere near as much as you pretend it does.​
4. Other Mario reps are more deserving. That's not a significant point because he's not a separate character on the roster nor would it eat up the amount of time needed for it to be pointless or a waste of time. Not a seperate character? You mean, sharing Bowser's moveset? That would be an alt costume, which most of us would love to see.
I'm saying you can easily have 5 Mario reps and then Dry Bowser because he's with in another character.

The rest of you **** is just denying that except this:​

4. He's very important as a transformation to Bowser, and others have transformations. Not really. He appeared in two games where he had a direct connection to Bowser IIRC. Both times he's not that important to the plot. Why does the plot matter? What plot does Mario have besides saving the princess? When did characters transforming suddenly become based on Plot importance? Also you could consider Dry Bowser the antagonist of 3D Land because he's in the second half just as much.​
Thought people should see this:

I didn't write this, btw.
---
This is a lengthy read, but please, take the time to read it all.

Imagine that we are doing a field test where we flip pennies onto a hard floor. In the scientific method, we test multiple trials in each experiment before we come to a conclusion. In 9 of the 10 trails, the penny lands flat. After figuring out the pattern in our data, we reach a conclusion, "Pennies are very probable to land flat". Relating this back to Smash Bros., people make predictions based on conclusions drawn from similar observation. Non-clone veterans usually return between Smash Bros. games. Recency seems to be factor, based on the less recent Roy and Mewtwo being made in the game data after Ike and Lucario. There is one token "random addition" in each Smash Bros. game, such as Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. So on and so forth.

In comparison, you seem to take data out of context and use it as conclusions of your own. In your third trial, the penny landed on its side and started rolling. "This means that it can always land on its side!" is the conclusion you get out of that, ignoring the other trials' data. This is illogical on part of how further trials show that while what you're saying can be true in theory, in practice it is improbable. This apples to Smash Bros. Because the Wii Fit Trainer was added, for example, you claim things like "you can't say my character isn't likely because nobody expected her". However, you don't have a pattern to base this off of, so you are instead using the exception to a given piece of data as evidence rather than using the data as a whole as evidence. Thus, we find the split between your thinking and the "unintelligent smash fans' thinking". You claim a character like Skull Kid will likely happen because there is a chance of that happening. The others claim that a character like Skull Kid will very likely not happen because data shows that the chance of Skull Kid is very low. You may claim the penny will very likely roll again, but evidence shows that it is very improbable that it won't. Claiming the penny is very likely to roll is a grade-A example of the Argument from Ignorance logical fallacy.

With that said, I have a question. Why do *your* characters uptake so much priority over other choices?

Ninten, Eirika, Dry Bowser, 9-Volt, Skull Kid... All top-notch choices you have that a majority of Smashboards does not have. However, you claim that they're all very likely to be chosen because of how important and popular they are to their series... Where are you getting this? I mean, some of those characters actually are relevant to their series, yes, but the question is, why do those characters have so much more of a chance than others of their series. Take Skull Kid for example. You've made it clear that you love Skull Kid, Majora's Mask was a great game and many people love it. But where does his warrant for being in Smash Bros. come in over other characters?
  • You say he's the most significant antagonist of the series, but then fail to explain why. He wasn't the first non-Ganon antagonist, since Dark Link and the Nightmares from earlier games came before him. He isn't recurring, and his only game was in an alternate dimension with no lasting-effects on Hyrule's timeline. Why is he important compared to other characters?
  • You say he's extremely popular, but then show absolutely no sources, quotes, links or anything to support that, and just outright ignore the fact that Impa, Ghirahim, Tetra, and Tingle all have many requests themselves to this day. Yes, there are definitely some people that have him on their wishlist rosters, but Skull Kid isn't more popular than the above three. That should be evident if you're one of the vocal minority on this entire website to say he's popular. How is a character popular if there is only a few people per populous that support him?
  • You say he's relevant to Smash Bros. to this day, but don't explain why. Skull Kid was only in one game from 13 years ago. There were no plans for Majora to return in future titles like Sheik was. There have been no Majora's Mask remakes as of yet. The only reference to him in all of Super Smash Bros. is a small-sized sticker in Brawl and a trophy of Majora's Mask itself in Melee. Where on earth does that make him relevant to the series as it stands?
That is to say, yes, Skull Kid is celebrated within the Zelda fandom and has fighting potential, but he has less credibility compared to other choices for Zelda like Tetra, Tingle, Impa, Vaati, and Ghirahim. You can't just say that he'll be the chosen character because of what he has. You need to explain why he would be chosen based on what he has over other characters. This can be said of a lot of your character choices. You can't just think about characters in a vacuum. You need to be thinking about what would be lost when other characters are dropped out over a given choice. This is why people shut down Ninten over characters like Porky and the Masked Man, Eirika over characters like Chrom and Roy, Dry Bowser over characters like Bowser Jr. and Waluigi, 9-Volt over characters like Jimmy T. and Mona, and yes, Skull Kid over characters like Tingle and Impa. Despite other characters of a series fitting the criteria for having higher probability, your choices are just as likely (if not more) because their chance is not a literal zero percent.

What I am reaching out of all of this is that you insist your characters are likely for the very reason that you factor out evidence and opinions alike that go against your views. You're smart and want Ninten. Therefore, everyone else who is against Ninten has to be not smart. Another classic fallacy. Again, ruling out conclusions based on what benefits your own views.

So if you were wondering why everyone here is an idiot while you're the only genius in miles, perhaps this has enlightened you as to how we think differently from you. I hope that benefits you somehow, Noah.
I see what you're getting at, but I must point out a few flaws:

1. I don't claim people are not smart because they don't have the characters. They are not smart because they deny any of the reasons of why they have chances or are likely entirely usually without thinking or giving reasons. I've admitted several times that characters like Tingle, or Chrom, have more potential over Eirika and Skull Kid. I even removed Eirika from my roster entirely.

People have gone on to say that Skull Kid has ZERO chance. I do not claim people to be dumb for not having these characters, but rather shooting them down completely with not even a slither of consideration that they ARE possible and can make the spot. I do NOT go on to claim characters:

Lyn
Skull Kid
Eirika
Sylux

are most certainly more likely than

Tingle/Toon Link
Roy/Chrom
Ridley

2. Mr. Game & Watch are NOT random additions. Game & Watch games are classic as well as the Game & Watch Gallery Games. So is the R.O.B. accessory.

3. Never said Skull Kid was the most significant Antagonist of the series. He's A very significant antagonist IN the series. If you were to do a poll of the most popular Zelda villians I assure you they would be Ganondorf & Skull Kid. Skull Kid is shown popular among Zelda fans in memes, internet parodies, art, people talk about him, or dress up as him, talk about how they remember how much of an impact he had on Zelda fans.

Other than that how do I prove Ganondorf or Skull Kid are popular without gathering people both online and in real life. I'd like to know that actually.

4. Majora's Mask has had it's 'Operation Moonfall' petition and a cameo in Animal Crossing New Leaf as well as the above things mentioned in #3. Melee Trophies and brawl stickers are not all. Also Vaati only has a sticker in brawl so I wouldn't use him as an example.

5. If one more person says Dry Bowser won't get in over other Mario characters as if he's the 5th Mario rep which is NOT my prediction. OH, LAWDY!

6. Finally you listed 6 characters you claimed I claim would certainly get in over others. I will cross out the ones I don't.

Skull Kid over Tingle/Impa/Toon Link
Ninten over Masked Man/Porky
Eirika over Roy/Chrom/Lyn
9-Volt over Wario Ware crew members
Dry Bowser over Mario reps

Dry Bowser is a transformation/costume set so he wouldn't be getting in over ANYBODY because he's not a roster slot.

9-Volt I stated several reasons why and those reasons only mutually applied for Mona & Jimmy T or surpassed them.
However the choice of who has more move potential is not something that can be proven, and a couple people on Smashboards saying Mona or Jimmy T. is better is still an opinion because they are equal.

To conclude, I don't think people are ignorant for NOT having a character, they are ignorant for the immediate denial of a character and refusal to accept even the slightest credibility towards them and their chances. And I don't say those characters are certain to be MORE likely than others.They don't believe that the patterns is what makes a character likely or unlikely, but rather that it's the LAW of Smash Bros ALWAYS and that NO character could EVER get past the patterns even if they have what other characters have gotten in for having, which means my characters have some patterns as well. Who has more will not ALWAYS be the selection, but rather the more probable selection.

So some members are being closed minded by not even considering the mere chance of a character weather it's low or reasonably enough to be on the same level as others(EX: Dry Bowser, 9-Volt.) , that's what makes said people ignorant and closed minded speculators And that's what I'm getting at.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
But I don't want an Eevee with tentacles. D:

I'd rather see Zoroark and have Newtwo as our 6th gen rep (As a transformation of Mewtwo of course) but that's just my opinion...

D

Deleted member

Birdo is often associated with Yoshi, but should he/she have the Yoshi egg symbol
Count how many games Birdo and Yoshi have a connection.
Now count how many games Waluigi and Wario have a connection.

The latter should be a far greater number than the former.
Waluigi is known as two things:
-Luigi's nemesis/rival
-Wario's partner in crime/mischief

And with Smash Yoshi being a representative of all Yoshis in general (especially the multiple Yoshis that assist Baby Mario in the Yoshi's Island games), a particular Birdo having a connection with a particular Yoshi isn't quite the same case in the long run.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Scatman or someone else, wanna re-post what I said so Noah will read it?

I just don't want that half hour to go to waste...

mimgrim

Smash Hero

People.

Where da frickity frack did you read the people were saying Sylveon over Mewtwo? o_O O_o O_O

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
People just say Dry Bowser is not important or popular and then give no reason why?
Notice that I said "major Mario Titles" in which I was referring to The main Mario series, or the platformers, not the spin-offs. Dry Bowser is NOT a main focal point of the game, nor is he necessary to complete Bowser as a character.

Popularity in regards to Smash Bros. is for the most part the most important factor in regards to popularity as a whole. Just because Daisy for example may be popular in Mario spin-offs downs't mean she's popular for Smash.
If the first question was true, why has Dry Bowser not reappeared in recent major Mario Titles?

Super Mario 3D Land & New Super Mario Bros. 2 (also Tennis). Maybe You Should Play them! Also when did I say he's requested for Smash.

Unless you can provide proof that 9-Volt has more moveset potential than the other characters, that point is nothing more than an opinion.

I already did, read them! Also you haven't for other characters.

I already posted it, but since you didn't read, read again. K.
2. One of the most iconic and on the level as Jimmy T. Again. Bring a source. Name a game where this actually happens.
How does being on the same level of him 'happen'? If you mean to say what game he is as iconic, all of them.​
3. Been since the beginning and in every title since. That applies to Mona as well as you have stated.
Yeah, it does for both of them​
What have you given. Oh, she's a female character! Well, 9-Volt is a main character too as well as and pretty much everything else you said for Mona applies to 9-Volt except the stuff that wouldn't be important for any character. You ignored like half my points dude.
Disagreeing does not = ignoring. Unless which case a member of smashboards disagrees with something and immediately hits the ignore button:awesome:
To go to other stuff your spouting...

3. It takes up development time Yeah, not really. Anything the developers do takes up development time. You are denying fact here.
Nowhere near as much as you pretend it does.​
4. Other Mario reps are more deserving. That's not a significant point because he's not a separate character on the roster nor would it eat up the amount of time needed for it to be pointless or a waste of time. Not a seperate character? You mean, sharing Bowser's moveset? That would be an alt costume, which most of us would love to see.
I'm saying you can easily have 5 Mario reps and then Dry Bowser because he's with in another character.​
The rest of you **** is just denying that except this:​
4. He's very important as a transformation to Bowser, and others have transformations. Not really. He appeared in two games where he had a direct connection to Bowser IIRC. Both times he's not that important to the plot. Why does the plot matter? What plot does Mario have besides saving the princess? When did characters transforming suddenly become based on Plot importance? Also you could consider Dry Bowser the antagonist of 3D Land because he's in the second half just as much.​
Thought people should see this:

I see what you're getting at, but I must point out a few flaws:

1. I don't claim people are not smart because they don't have the characters. They are not smart because they deny any of the reasons of why they have chances or are likely entirely usually without thinking or giving reasons. I've admitted several times that characters like Tingle, or Chrom, have more potential over Eirika and Skull Kid. I even removed Eirika from my roster entirely.

People have gone on to say that Skull Kid has ZERO chance. I do not claim people to be dumb for not having these characters, but rather shooting them down completely with not even a slither of consideration that they ARE possible and can make the spot. I do NOT go on to claim characters:

Lyn
Skull Kid
Eirika
Sylux

are most certainly more likely than

Tingle/Toon Link
Roy/Chrom
Ridley

2. Mr. Game & Watch are NOT random additions. Game & Watch games are classic as well as the Game & Watch Gallery Games. So is the R.O.B. accessory.

3. Never said Skull Kid was the most significant Antagonist of the series. He's A very significant antagonist IN the series. If you were to do a poll of the most popular Zelda villians I assure you they would be Ganondorf & Skull Kid. Skull Kid is shown popular among Zelda fans in memes, internet parodies, art, people talk about him, or dress up as him, talk about how they remember how much of an impact he had on Zelda fans.

Other than that how do I prove Ganondorf or Skull Kid are popular without gathering people both online and in real life. I'd like to know that actually.

4. Majora's Mask has had it's 'Operation Moonfall' petition and a cameo in Animal Crossing New Leaf as well as the above things mentioned in #3. Melee Trophies and brawl stickers are not all. Also Vaati only has a sticker in brawl so I wouldn't use him as an example.

5. If one more person says Dry Bowser won't get in over other Mario characters as if he's the 5th Mario rep which is NOT my prediction. OH, LAWDY!

6. Finally you listed 6 characters you claimed I claim would certainly get in over others. I will cross out the ones I don't.

Skull Kid over Tingle/Impa/Toon Link
Ninten over Masked Man/Porky
Eirika over Roy/Chrom/Lyn
9-Volt over Wario Ware crew members
Dry Bowser over Mario reps

Dry Bowser is a transformation/costume set so he wouldn't be getting in over ANYBODY because he's not a roster slot.

9-Volt I stated several reasons why and those reasons only mutually applied for Mona & Jimmy T or surpassed them.
However the choice of who has more move potential is not something that can be proven, and a couple people on Smashboards saying Mona or Jimmy T. is better is still an opinion because they are equal.

To conclude, I don't think people are ignorant for NOT having a character, they are ignorant for the immediate denial of a character and refusal to accept even the slightest credibility towards them and their chances. And I don't say those characters are certain to be MORE likely than others.They don't believe that the patterns is what makes a character likely or unlikely, but rather that it's the LAW of Smash Bros ALWAYS and that NO character could EVER get past the patterns even if they have what other characters have gotten in for having, which means my characters have some patterns as well. Who has more will not ALWAYS be the selection, but rather the more probable selection.

So some members are being closed minded by not even considering the mere chance of a character weather it's low or reasonably enough to be on the same level as others(EX: Dry Bowser, 9-Volt.) , that's what makes said people ignorant and closed minded speculators And that's what I'm getting at.
Operation Moonfall has not gotten anywhere thus far. Such minor other things are not all that important.

Dry Bowser as a transformation would be like the same thing as another character, similar to ZSS or Ivysaur, Charizard or Squirtle. He would count towards the roster total, unless Dry Bowser were simply a costume swap for Bowser, and had the exact same moveset.

Game and Watch and R.O.B are certainly random additions, around the same type as Wii Fit Trainer. Basically, no one saw them coming. Nobody really thought that those three truly had a chance.

You compare apples and oranges and expect people to agree with you. You are being just as equally closed minded by saying that we aren't giving good reasons, just because you say so. Practice what you preach.

Can we PLEASE change the subject now?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
All the Lucario hate...and the Sylveon support...Not that I prefer either, but I find it humorous.
Please don't put words in my mouth. I don't hate Lucario in the slightest.

People.

I'm not supporting Sylveon over Mewtwo, I'm supporting Mewtwo more actually. Also...when did I ever say that I supported Sylveon over Mewtwo?

Yes well, they should keep thinking that crock of **** is actually true. It might work eventually.
Hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and the Eevee family is important to the franchise. No need to be a jackass about it...****. :ohwell:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

-Luigi's nemesis/rival

And with Smash Yoshi being a representative of all Yoshis in general (especially the multiple Yoshis that assist Baby Mario in the Yoshi's Island games), a particular Birdo having a connection with a particular Yoshi isn't quite the same case in the long run.
I think the main problem is that Waluigi doesn't have a connection in either of Wario's two series: Wario Land or Wario Ware. And his lack of connection to both series is why he would be better off representing the Mario series. If you went under the Wario series symbol, it might be important to have made a major appearance in a Wario series game. I think he might have made a cameo in one game, but that's about it. He would be added based on his merits as a character in the Mario Series, not based on his merits with the Wario series.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Regarding to Pikmin, there are doubts that another character will be included. At the moment, it seems like incorporating the new Pikmin types might be what will happen to Olimar, unless it's not done due to possible balance issues (mainly with the flying Pikmin).

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Noah already responded. Look a few posts above.
Ah, I missed that.

It's a shame he really didn't get the point.
They're not close-minded for doubting unlikely characters. Regardless, people who treat any character he likes with opposition are just ignorant, that's all it ever comes down to.
Regarding to Pikmin, there are doubts that another character will be included. At the moment, it seems like incorporating the new Pikmin types might be what will happen to Olimar, unless it's not done due to possible balance issues (mainly with the flying Pikmin).
I would like to see a second Pikmin character, to be honest. Alph with Rock Pikmin, Flying Pikmin, and Bulbmin would be an interesting semi-clone. It makes plenty more sense to just give Olimar those two extra Pikmin types, however. So you're probably right about your doubts as to extra Pikmin characters.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and the Eevee family is important to the franchise. No need to be a ******* about it...****. :ohwell:
True, but the only one that should really be in smash is Eevee imo. Jiggs is already a fairy type so Sylveon be kinda pointless.
Can we go back to Pikmin talk? That was fun for the short time it lasted. ;-;
New rep or game mechanics? Or both?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't think flying Pikmin would cause balance issues.... I'm foggy on the new Pikmin game as I haven't been keeping up with it like I should but wouldn't they die easier the Purple or Rock Pikmin and be weak in attack power? I would think that there main purpose would be to give Olimar a better recovery if he has one plucked. o.o

True, but the only one that should really be in smash is Eevee imo. Jiggs is already a fairy type so Sylveon be kinda pointless.
Any of the above works for me. ^^

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
But Eevee kind of lacks the proper limbs and attributes to make a fully fledged Quadruped fighter, pretty much ever single Eeveelution lacked it, but Sylveon doesn't. Sylveon has its bows to make up for the appendages it doesn't normally have to fight, just like Ivysaur's vines. Also, who said anything about Sylveon just being there to rep the Fairy type exactly? It's not like they specifically said no to Pichu because there was already an Electric-type pokemon...that's even from the same family...in Melee. :ohwell:

Case in point: Where are all these arguments coming from and why?! I know some will think it's a bad idea and some will support it, but where the heck did it all come from?! Also...I really want to know...where the heck was it stated that I supported Sylveon over Mewtwo...at all...? No really, I'm actually curious. :confused:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
And this is what I want to do to some people's heads sometimes...

GREAT, NOW I NEED TO GO BUY MORE POKEBALLS.
THANKS FOR WASTING THE
600 JERK.
(Seriously though, that screenshot is just beyond awesome. I don't think I can wait for the movie anymore).

Not at all.

In fact, there can be four Toon Links in TWO canon games. (Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures) What's stopping them from doing that in a non-canon game?;)
Because there can now be potentially FIVE.

THE HORROR
I completely agree. To the average consumer, I'm pretty sure they would expect Wario and Waluigi to be together. I'm not sold on the redesign idea, but I would certainly love to Waluigi in a biker outfit.
To be honest, he's probably my most wanted Mario character (Next to Fawful).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If Olimar was in Melee, he could've have had only Yellow, Blue, and Red Pikmin throughout the series.
Louie would have only Purple Pikmin and White Pikmin as the most offensive if he were added in Brawl.
And Alph would have had only Flying Pikmin and Rock Pikmin if he were to be added in the next Smash installment.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
But Eevee kind of lacks the proper limbs and attributes to make a fully fledged Quadruped fighter, pretty much ever single Eeveelution lacked it, but Sylveon doesn't. Sylveon has its bows to make up for the appendages it doesn't normally have to fight, just like Ivysaur's vines. Also, who said anything about Sylveon just being there to rep the Fairy type exactly? It's not like they specifically said no to Pichu because there was already an Electric-type pokemon...that's even from the same family...in Melee. :ohwell:

Case in point: Where are all these arguments coming from and why?! I know some will think it's a bad idea and some will support it, but where the heck did it all come from?! Also...I really want to know...where the heck was it stated that I supported Sylveon over Mewtwo...at all...? No really, I'm actually curious. :confused:
My reasoning is that in pokemon Yellow, where your starter is pikachu, your rival chooses an eevee, but whatever. Idk where the Mewtwo thing came from.

As for Pikmin, Rock pikmin are immune to wind and blunt force, so they'd likely be immune to link's gale boomerang effects and take virtually no knockback from attacks, and I think that flying Pikmin will somehow benefit his recovery, or, at the very least, give Pikmin chain some kind of boost when he has one plucked.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If they do put the Rock and Pink Pikmin in smash only one of them would be really unique compared to the other types. The rocks would basically be the purples where as the pinks could be used for and Up Special.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
All they pretty much need to do is make the Pikmin work like they do in the actual game. Give the Rock Pikmin a good amount of armor frames and make the Flying Pikmin be able to be thrown farther and higher. Also, using Rock Pikmin should sometimes act as a meteor smash if used an aerial attack my Olimar and the Up + A aerial with a flying Pikmin can cause Olimar to go higher up into the air. Just little tweaks like that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If Olimar was in Melee, he could've have had only Yellow, Blue, and Red Pikmin throughout the series.
Louie would have only Purple Pikmin and White Pikmin as the most offensive if he were added in Brawl.
And Alph would have had only Flying Pikmin and Rock Pikmin if he were to be added in the next Smash installment.
That's a what if thing, and a very bad what if example to boot. In Pikmin 2 Olimar was still THE Main main character, Louie, along with the President, was a side main character so even if he was in Melee they wouldn't have had to have put Louie in as Olimar was still in it. Now for Pikmin 3 we know Olimar isn't the main main character, but we know Olimar is still in the game. Olimar is basicall going to end up being the "Marth" of Pikmin if Pikmin keeps getting bigger and bigger most likely. But all of that becomes moot because it was a what if example. >_>

Anyways some thoughts on how Rock Pikmin could work; Has shield breaking properties, has slightly longer range then Purples but is slower, Slightly more powerful the Purples, and when you go to throw it while in the air you drop it below you instead and it falls down fast and has spike properties.... Oh the humanity. xD

And Flying Pikmin; When plucked will allow Olima to have a better jump while in the air when preforming up special and is fast (like Whit Pikmin) Also has the most powerful throws but is grabs are easy to break out of making so as to not over shadow Blues.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
He said hes open to patches upadates and to focus on the game and cram it full of content to avoid doing DLC just for the sake of doing DLC but he never straight up said ''they wont be DLC''

but judging by what he has said so far! I doubt they will be..

But ofc not every char in Smash history will be back snd Sakurai said that himself imo If no one from Melee cameback except Mewtwo its fine and all brawl chars back untop of Newcomers it will be all fine and dandy but i severly doubt even that...

Brawl brang in alot of popular long awaited chars so if more than 2 chars get cut for brawl PeePz will rage and Sakurai knows fans hate cuts he hates cuts hinself too so if fan rage is big it he could do DLC but only for veterans to bring back imo thats how i see it.

New Chars take a very long time to develop unless its veterans and clones i dont see Sakurai going out his way to makr DLC for new chars tbh...i really dont..

We be extremely lucky to get DLC at all imo let alone cut char DLC if anything.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
no i'm pretty sure i saw that he said he doesn't plan on DLC ever to happen at all
Got a source dude?

Wariofan's statement agrees with all of the stuff I've read.

D

Deleted member

I think the main problem is that Waluigi doesn't have a connection in either of Wario's two series: Wario Land or Wario Ware. And his lack of connection to both series is why he would be better off representing the Mario series. If you went under the Wario series symbol, it might be important to have made a major appearance in a Wario series game. I think he might have made a cameo in one game, but that's about it. He would be added based on his merits as a character in the Mario Series, not based on his merits with the Wario series.
At the same time, Sakurai has shown certain degrees of leniency in this case.

-"Mr. Game & Watch" wasn't added based on merits of the Game & Watch franchise, as he didn't exist prior to Melee. He was created as a representation of those games.
-Sakurai created an outright demonic version of Bowser that did not exist within the Mario franchise.
-Sakurai created Metal Mario as a separate entity from Mario himself in the original Smash Bros., something that went full circle starting with Mario Kart 7.
-Sakurai possibly planned on making a Wind Waker version of Sheik, something that is non-existent in the Zelda franchise (neither was a TP Sheik, but it's a design choice to match the TP design Zelda took in Brawl).
-Sakurai made Dr. Mario a separate entity from Mario, something Miyamoto may be hinting at being the case (or at least that Dr. Mario is a separate canon altogether). And going off of that, Dr. Mario isn't connected to the main Mario franchise any more than Wario Land is (perhaps even less, since Dr. Mario doesn't appear in the main Mario franchise in general), yet Dr. Mario is listed as a Mario character rather than a Dr. Mario character.
-Sakurai took Pit and completely "modernized" him so he'd fit in among the evolved Link, Samus, Mario, etc. This also is in terms of his usage of his splitting bladed bow.

So really, there is nothing stopping him from creating a "WarioWare Waluigi" such as this:

And using him as Wario's partner in mischief, since Wario is treated as an antagonist in Smash, something he hasn't been ever since he got his own games.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

-Luigi's nemesis/rival

I see what you mean with that.
Birdo didn't start out with a relation to Yoshi, (or to Mario at all, if you count Doki Doki panic) while Waluigi debuted in Mario Tennis as a rival to Luigi and partner to Wario.

However, as much as I think Waluigi would look cooler with the Wario symbol and being with the other Wario characters, he's not a Wario Land or Wario Ware character yet.
He's part of the main Mario series and sports games, so I think series representation (or whatever you call it) goes before character association.

Keep in mind that Waluigi had the main Mario mushroom symbol in Brawl on his Dojo page. (as far as I remember; the Dojo has been down since the SSB4 reveal)

Yes, there is the possibility that they COULD make a Wario Ware styled Waluigi for SSB4 and then lump him in with the Wario series, but that hasn't happened yet.

---
Noah, could you respond to my reply from a few pages back? I'm still confused by what you mean.

"Uh, okay.

So how the **** are those re-releases of an already existing game?
I'm not understanding you.

The Oracles aren't remakes or re-releases of anything. Those games haven't even been remade.

Are you saying that the Oracles have been on the Virtual Console or something and thus are "recent" and aren't likely to have content in Smash just for being "recent"? (or something like that)"

---

Gune

Smash Lord
Sylveon supporters are supporting him/her/it over no one, but are expecting that Sylveon would have a higher priority to complete than Lucario.
I doubt it in brawl veterans were completed first (except for jigglypuff) then newcomer's were added so I am sure veterans get priority this time too.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
At the same time, Sakurai has shown certain degrees of leniency in this case.

-"Mr. Game & Watch" wasn't added based on merits of the Game & Watch franchise, as he didn't exist prior to Melee. He was created as a representation of those games.
-Sakurai created an outright demonic version of Bowser that did not exist within the Mario franchise.
-Sakurai created Metal Mario as a separate entity from Mario himself in the original Smash Bros., something that went full circle starting with Mario Kart 7.
-Sakurai possibly planned on making a Wind Waker version of Sheik, something that is non-existent in the Zelda franchise (neither was a TP Sheik, but it's a design choice to match the TP design Zelda took in Brawl).
-Sakurai made Dr. Mario a separate entity from Mario, something Miyamoto may be hinting at being the case (or at least that Dr. Mario is a separate canon altogether). And going off of that, Dr. Mario isn't connected to the main Mario franchise any more than Wario Land is (perhaps even less, since Dr. Mario doesn't appear in the main Mario franchise in general), yet Dr. Mario is listed as a Mario character rather than a Dr. Mario character.
-Sakurai took Pit and completely "modernized" him so he'd fit in among the evolved Link, Samus, Mario, etc. This also is in terms of his usage of his splitting bladed bow.

So really, there is nothing stopping him from creating a "WarioWare Waluigi" such as this:

And using him as Wario's partner in mischief, since Wario is treated as an antagonist in Smash, something he hasn't been since his very debut game.
I think all those cases are much different. I understand that you're saying Sakurai takes creative license in certain cases, but all those things are very different situations.
Mr. Game and Watch did exist in those game, just was not named or identified as such.
Giga Bowser is original, but he's a Final Smash of an existing character. Although he does appear as a solo character, thats within the same game as the Final Smash's first appearance.
Metal Mario (the idea) did appear in Mario 64 first.
I have yet to see what Toon Sheik looked like, but this is the one thats closest to your argument. You could make the argument for Sheik in Brawl as well, but Sheik wasn't too heavily redesigned and that was more due to keeping Zelda's transformation mechanic.
Dr. Mario is listed as part of the Mario series, but he is Mario and the game does have Mario in the title after all.
Pit was modernized because he never had an appearance in video games in the third dimension with that amount of detail. But there is nothing in Pit's design than contradicts his 2D appearance.

And Wario has always acted like a jerk and like a villain (despite being the protagonist, which can happen in fiction) in both the Wario Land and Wario Ware series. In both series, he is just trying to get more money or treasure. In Wario Ware's first game, he tries to swindle his employees out of paying them. Wario has always acted like a villain even when he's the protagonist (making him an anti-hero). So Smash Bros changing nothing about him anyways.

There is nothing stopping him, but there's no reason to think he would either. In all these cases, aside from Toon Sheik, (who I have no idea what she looks like), it was still keeping true to their appearance in the games. He has for the most part with every other character, kept true to their appearance in their series for their form in the game. If he created a Wario Ware Waluigi, then what would the point?

And further more, my understanding was that you were saying Waluigi can or should be grouped with Wario, but I guess now you're saying he can be if he's redesigned to fit his series?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
But we don't really need Waluigi in the 1st place...
We don't "need" any character in the first place, amking it totally moot in the first place. -_- But there are various reasons why he DESERVES to get in;

Despite only appearing in spin-offs he is actually one of the more popular Mario characters out there and is considered to have the most peronality of all Mario casts.
He finishes the Doppleganger "square" by giving Luigi his doppleganger as Mario as his and he would also be thought of as Wario's partner.
He's one of the most consistent spin-off characters when it comes to the spin-off games with having very few time he hasn't appeared, and everytime he hasn't appeared there has been allot of backlash.

The reasons are there and he has a rather good chance over all tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom