• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It needs Starfy.
If you want starfy, throw him in over shulk or possiblly isaac, but thats your personal request. While totally likely I could see Sakurai repping him, that roster is purely the most popular and likely and Isaac and Shulk are more wanted then Starfy.

Even if we did get a 50 character roster like that, which i doubt, theres always the chance that one of the most wanted characters palutena,ridley,k rool don't make it due to sakurai's personal restrictions (modesty and he doesnt want to over rep his own series, ridley could still be seen as "too big" to him, k rool might not be currently relevant enough in donkey kong) and if we dont get all of them then yes Starfy's on the edge of getting in...he's just also on the edge with about 10 other characters and I choose the most requested/wanted, specifically giving weight to what the japanese are saying (even what they are saying about who the west wants ridley/little mac).

So am I saying starfy wont make it? no. I'm just saying on pure popularity and likeliness...which is actually UNlikely due to how sakurai thinks, thats the roster MOST people want to see.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Because we don't know what happens after LttP Link.

Like for all we know, we could get Majora's Mask remade afterwards.
Oh, so NOW there's a "always change 2nd Link to the most recent game including remakes?" All of the sudden??? Who made up this rule??? Toon Link was added for other reasons then recency.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Again, stop acting like you're five years old. Sure, he's unique. But why didn't they just put Young Link back in with the same attributes? Because the Toon Link design was more recent most likely.

By your logic, shouldn't we be getting Classic Link instead?
Oh come now, I'm sure he isn't that bad. I'm sure if you give him a chance you'll see he's a really likeable guy and we can all be great frie-

I don't like what you said, Noah. So it's not a decent argument. I'm just going to end the argument because of that.

Your Zelda choices are farfetched in every meaning of the word.

OOT3D is why Gerudo Valley is a handheld stage. Not why it IS a stage. And in case YOU haven't noticed, the TP designs are a mixture of OOT & TP, where as SS is just SS. And if Fox is a mixture of Command and 64, than you admit the same should work for Zelda characters, a mixture of other Zelda games rather than specifically 1. Also you said that my suggestion of keeping Toon Link means characters are added because of stages. How does that work? In your roster Toon Link isn't a character, there are no Spirit Tracks characters.

Also you said "You haven't given any arguments as to why she isn't a good choice" again because you don't like what I said, you refuse to acknowledge that what I said ever existed.

Let me Copy & Paste what I already said:
The TP styled design was kind of an overall design for the characters, that's why Link has it in SSB4. So why would Zelda not? Let alone the fact that the SS design of Zelda represents SS alone. Plus I honestly doubt this design will ever be used in future Zelda games unless a sequel to SS. You're using a design that represents ONE specific Zelda game, rather than a mixture of multiple Zelda games (which is why Link has the TP styled design.)

Link has an overall design. Your Zelda does not. And if it's the most recent versions what about Ganondorf, I hardly think Remakes count.

Seriously if it's not what you guys want, you get mad. Oh, this guy has a different opinion, INSTANT IGNORE! You go so far as to act as if your suggestions for these Zelda characters are flawless and certain.

It's just a different opinion that's clearly reasonable, stop taking things so seriously and learn to accept that not everybody is going to have the same roster as you.
I take it back, it's like trying to talk Shakespeare to a Hershey Bar. I wonder if he realizes that people ignore him because he's trying to shove his opinion down our throats rather than because he thinks differently. It's like dealing with the Jon X Felicia fanbase...okay, he's not THAT incredibly and utterly disgraceful to anything that ever came from the human race, but still. :ohwell: Is it bad that I'm insulted we like the same things...and by that I mean being a brony. :glare:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
1. You replace Falco for Krystal... nice. As a Star Fox fan I agree... as a Smash fan? I definitely disagree.
2. As someone mentioned earlier... where is Diddy?
3. Zoroark replacing PKMN Trainer and Lucario? Nice... that would be hilarious.
4. Adding Waluigi and Bowser Jr. is overkill. We will probably only get one of them.
5. Isaac and Shulk? Too many anime-esque characters for my heart...
6. Roy replacing Ike? He BETTER have a redesigned move-set. I would be pissed if they replace meh boy with a clone.
1. I love both Falco and Ike, but I have a sinking feeling that they aren't returning. I think Falco has a good chance of staying due to being a melee veteran, but with wolf being a villian, I feel like he also has a decent chance of staying too, so it was hard for me to decide who was more likely to be cut (I don't think there will be 4 Starfox characters).
4. I do believe Waluigi and Bowser Jr. is overkill, but I felt my roster was too small so I added them both.
5. They're both highly requested characters with unique moveset possibilities, so I added both of them.
6. About Ike, I wish he could stay too, but I'm almost certain he's leaving. I've seen countless people requesting either Chrom or Lucina (I've never played any Fire Emblem game, so I have no idea who anyone is...:urg:), but then I've seen those who are like, "Roy deserves to be back in!"

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh come now, I'm sure he isn't that bad. I'm sure if you give him a chance you'll see he's a really like guy and-

I take it back, it's like trying to talk Shakespeare to a Hershey Bar. I wonder if he realizes that people ignore him because he's trying to shove his opinion down our throats rather than because he thinks differently. It's like dealing with the Jon X Felicia fanbase...okay, he's not THAT incredibly and utterly disgraceful to anything that ever came from the human race, but still. :ohwell: Is it bad that I'm insulted we like the same things...and by that I mean being a brony. :glare:
I think you are reading his comment wrong. Noah even puts the disclaimer right at the end of the post and you ignore it. The whole premise of his argument is that roster speculation is subjective. He isn't trying to shove his opinion down your throat. He is just trying to validate what he is saying. Just saying. Maybe you should read his post with a different mentality or something?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think either of them "merit" inclusion. Obviously the very notion is subjective. I didn't even know they existed until I joined the forums (with the exception of Isacc as he was an assist trophy... even then I didn't know who the hell he was). I am a Nintendo fanboy, I hardly think they have anything to do with Nintendo. I think most casual Nintendo fans won't even recognize them. I say build on what we already have. Add some Zelda, Metroid, StarFox, Mario, Donkey Kong... the franchises EVERYONE will recognize. I doubt I am alone. Some people just buy the current Nintendo console for Mario/Zelda. So why the hell are they restricted to 4 character slots? That is just me though. I already know other franchises are worthy. We could also use some new blood. Having both characters in though? No. No. NO.
First off, I agree it's subjective, that's why I said imo. Secondly... they are both Nintendo characters, how can they possibly have nothing to do with Nintendo? Even the most minor and unlikely Nintendo characters have something to do with Nintendo... because they are Nintendo characters. Third, the roster isn't made purely for the current casual fan, it's made to represent Nintendo. Not all characters will be recognized by the casual fan. Fourth, just because new series are added doesn't mean existing ones can't be built upon, but the major series are running out of major iconic characters. Most main series are "complete' from a main character standpoint, with only a few series actually missing obvious iconic characters... like Ridley, or Toad, or K. Rool. Sure there are still popular choices, but Zelda, Mario, and Starfox especially don't need to built upon anymore. It's not like series such as Golden Sun or Xenoblade would get more than a single character anyway, the big franchises would still outnumber them in amount of characters.

Fifth, no series is "restricted" to x amount of slots. That's a silly mentality, Sakurai adds the characters he thinks merit inclusion, sure he tries to balance the series, but he's never going to pick an arbitrary number per series and make himself adhere to that amount if he wants to add another character from that series. Sixth, both Mario and Zelda had more than four characters planned for Brawl, and Mario even had more than four characters in Melee. The notion of equality among the "big 3" series is an incorrect assumption based on a single game out of three. Seventh, why the hell should Isaac and Shulk actually prohibit the other from inclusion? It's pretty ludicrous to think Sakurai won't include one because of the other. They get in on their own merit, regardless of the other.

Lastly, why did you like my comment if you disagreed with me?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oh come now, I'm sure he isn't that ba-

Well, if you want me to just stop giving you reasons for my side, just ask and I'll stop. Just tell me you don't want to continue the debate, because you don't want to hear people disagree with your choices. Simple as that, but don't keep coming back with more arguments on the subject and just expect me to refrain from responding to them. That's just saying "Here's my opinion, don't argue with it."

I have no intention of further continuing subjects if people don't want to talk about them.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think you are reading his comment wrong. Noah even puts the disclaimer right at the end of the post and you ignore it. The whole premise of his argument is that roster speculation is subjective. He isn't trying to shove his opinion down your throat. He is just trying to validate what he is saying. Just saying. Maybe you should read his post with a different mentality or something?
It's a bunch of speculation with insults littered throughout them. He speculates, but if I try to rebuttle, I'm instantly bad because I think differently than he does, and if I don't agree with him I'm instantly one who can't accept other people's opinions, making me a horrible person. Sorry, I think YOU are the one not reading the comments right.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Good Guy Giygas
Did you, by any chance, use my signature images as a template for your signature? Because I really like it. :shades:

Morbi

Scavenger
First off, I agree it's subjective, that's why I said imo. Secondly... they are both Nintendo characters, how can they possibly have nothing to do with Nintendo? Even the most minor and unlikely Nintendo characters have something to do with Nintendo... because they are Nintendo characters. Third, the roster isn't made purely for the current casual fan, it's made to represent Nintendo. Not all characters will be recognized by the casual fan. Fourth, just because new series are added doesn't mean existing ones can't be built upon, but the major series are running out of major iconic characters. Most main series are "complete' from a main character standpoint, with only a few series actually missing obvious iconic characters... like Ridley, or Toad, or K. Rool. Sure there are still popular choices, but Zelda, Mario, and Starfox especially don't need to built upon anymore. It's not like series such as Golden Sun or Xenoblade would get more than a single character anyway, the big franchises would still outnumber them in amount of characters.

Fifth, no series is "restricted" to x amount of slots. That's a silly mentality, Sakurai adds the characters he thinks merit inclusion, sure he tries to balance the series, but he's never going to pick an arbitrary number per series and make himself adhere to that amount if he wants to add another character from that series. Sixth, both Mario and Zelda had more than four characters planned for Brawl, and Mario even had more than four characters in Melee. The notion of equality among the "big 3" series is an incorrect assumption based on a single game out of three. Seventh, why the hell should Isaac and Shulk actually prohibit the other from inclusion? It's pretty ludicrous to think Sakurai won't include one because of the other. They get in on their own merit, regardless of the other.

Lastly, why did you like my comment if you disagreed with me?
1. Read your first sentence... pretend I wrote it (because I did). IT WAS MY OPINION. IMO, IMO, IMO, IMO, IMO, IMO.
2. Never said that. So I am not going to respond to a hypothetical argument that you put in my mouth.
3. Of course it isn't. That is the target audience though. So my point still stands. I mean we already have a few obscure characters, and I am sure we will get plenty more.
4. That goes without saying. I actually said it anyways though to avoid this situation that we are now in.
5. When did I say that? Do you mean when I referenced Brawl's roster?
6. They aren't in the game... now are they? So I guess Brawl's roster is still the exact same as I mentioned it was.
7. I never said that. I said I didn't like it. He was asking for opinions... not "facts". So I don't even see what you are getting at. I correlate the two as anime-esque characters with unknown series that didn't sell very well.
8. Why not? It is a public internet forum. I can do whatever I want. Why do I need to agree with you to like what you said? I cannot even begin to fathom how fallacious that very notion is. Believe it or not, someone can appreciate what you are saying without completely agreeing with it.

Gune

Smash Lord
1.) 5.) We know nothing about how Mewtwo would be added, and Eevee family >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucario. The point is I'm never adding Lucario back in my roster.
Why in the world would pokemon not have mewtwo's new form as a rep it makes no sense whatsoever, TBH Neomew is the most likely pokemon rep as of today. That eevee favoritism. ;_;

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, if you want me to just stop giving you reasons for my side, just ask and I'll stop. Just tell me you don't want to continue the debate, because you don't want to hear people disagree with your choices. Simple as that, but don't keep coming back with more arguments on the subject and just expect me to refrain from responding to them. That's just saying "Here's my opinion, don't argue with it."

I have no intention of further continuing subjects if people don't want to talk about them.
There was no debate, it was speculation as to how the characters will be represented judging how Sakurai has done it in the past. And seriously, you've already proven that you can easily be proven wrong and never give up with reasons through your horrid Dry Bowser argument that got you banned....again.

Gerudo Valley is in the handheld as an exclusive BECAUSE of the 3D remake, and the views aren't farfetched because until anything is confirmed, ANYTHING is possible. Oh and if you want me to take you seriously, don't leave a comment like "PlatinumGamer is expressing why something doesn't work! HE'S A PRICK! CRUCIFY THE NON BELIEVER!" which makes you look like a condescending asshole. Now pardon me, I'm going to go and talk with people that are actually reasonable to talk to. I'm also going to add in that there's no way in hell you know what Sakurai is thinking, so saying you know why Toon Link as added and why you're right is nothing more than a speculative opinion, and your points are pretty much worthless. Now let's switch the topic before this thread becomes another huge waste of time like yesterday. Seriously, do you ever learn?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been trying to figure out lately what the final SSB4 roster will look like based on what I've read and who has a reasonable and decent shot of making it in. I've also been figuring on who might be leaving/replaced. Here's what I have for now, it could use a few additional characters, but for right now I think it looks all right. NOTE: This is not based on my personal preferences of characters. Take a look:

Any opinions?

I feel like giving you some feedback.

-First note, I highly doubt we'd get both Waluigi AND Bowser Jr. I know you said that it was due to you thinking it was too small, but if that's the case, I suggest putting Diddy Kong back in over Waluigi. You get to keep the extra slot, and keep Diddy that way. And don't worry, DK can more than likely get these three with no replacements necessary. Heck, it's possible that it might get four slots.
-I disagree with removing Toon Link, but that's probably my "no cuts" mentality speaking. Spirit Tracks Link and Windwaker Link are different, so it can be justified, despite the Spirit Tracks stage. Maybe put him over Ghirahim?
-With StarFox, I find it highly unlikely that Krystal would get in at the expense of Falco or Wolf. The StarFox roster from Brawl is far more likely in a three slot situation.
-With Pokemon, I'd suggest definitely adding another slot for Lucario or the Pokemon Trainer, and then replace Zoroark with whichever one of the previously mentioned two you didn't already add, essentially making the Pokemon roster "Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo." It's definitely large enough to warrant the slots.
-I don't see Chrom entering at Ike's expense. I'm a big Chrom fan, but honestly, he shouldn't make it in over Ike, considering Ike's flavor in Smash is completely unique. I do think Fire Emblem can warrant four slots, though. Just my opinion.
-Where's ROB? He's not getting cut. Maybe you just forgot him.
-Speaking of which, you didn't add any new retro character. I'd suggest adding Takamaru.
- I don't see Snake leaving if Sonic stays. Sakurai put in Snake as a friendly favor to Kojima, so it would be rather rude of him to take him out, considering they're friends.

Just my opinions. :)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's a bunch of speculation with insults littered throughout them. He speculates, but if I try to rebuttle, I'm instantly bad because I think differently than he does, and if I don't agree with him I'm instantly one who can't accept other people's opinions, making me a horrible person. Sorry, I think YOU are the one not reading the comments right.

It's a bunch of speculation with insults littered throughout them.
Post them

He speculates, but if I try to rebuttal, I'm instantly bad because I think differently than he does.

You never said that until after I said that. You did that several times in the Dry Bowser discussion.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! Rebutting with more reasons why I disagree is not just "Not accepting people's opinions" It's simply stating my side of why it doesn't work. There's a difference between disagreeing using reason and just saying "No, that's not gonna happen ever no matter what you say, stop thinking that." and you continue to get mad when I state my opinions.

I NEVER said you were a horrible person. You on the other hand posted this: It's like dealing with the Jon X Felicia fanbase...okay, he's not THAT incredibly and utterly disgraceful to anything that ever came from the human race, but still. :ohwell: Is it bad that I'm insulted we like the same things...and by that I mean being a brony. :glare:

The part when you said "if I don't agree with him I'm instantly one who can't accept other people's opinions, making me a horrible person."

You mean like when how you can't accept my opinion because you get mad when I state it and continue to discredit me as a horrible person in the above statement?

I'll gladly accept your opinion, but that doesn't mean I have to think you're right, nor does it mean I must refrain from proving something wrong.

Oh, heres a perfect example of how you can't accept people's opinions or disagreements and continue to insult them for not thinking what you think.

There was no debate, it was speculation as to how the characters will be represented judging how Sakurai has done it in the past. And seriously, you've already proven that you can easily be proven wrong and never give up with reasons through your horrid Dry Bowser argument that got you banned....again.

Gerudo Valley is in the handheld as an exclusive BECAUSE of the 3D remake, and the views aren't farfetched because until anything is confirmed, ANYTHING is possible. Oh and if you want me to take you seriously, don't leave a comment like "PlatinumGamer is expressing why something doesn't work! HE'S A PRICK! CRUCIFY THE NON BELIEVER!" which makes you look like a condescending *******. Now pardon me, I'm going to go and talk with people that are actually reasonable to talk to. I'm also going to add in that there's no way in hell you know what Sakurai is thinking, so saying you know why Toon Link as added and why you're right is nothing more than a speculative opinion, and your points are pretty much worthless. Now let's switch the topic before this thread becomes another huge waste of time like yesterday. Seriously, do you ever learn?

Are you even listening to yourself talk?

Also people don't get banned for posting why a character works.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why in the world would pokemon not have mewtwo's new form as a rep it makes no sense whatsoever, TBH Neomew is the most likely pokemon rep as of today. That eevee favoritism. ;_;
One of the reasons Majin Mewbuu (Buutwo) might not get in as the sole representative of Mewtwo is because it isn't his original form. That would be like putting SSJ3 Goku in a game without actually having Goku as a playable character. It doesn't make sense. Another reason might be because Mewtwo is a returning veteran. He appeared in Melee as his original form... he will probably be appearing in Smash 4 as his original form. Another reason is that Awakened Form is perfect Final Smash material. The last reason he might not appear in his Newtwo form is because most Pokemon fans don't really like the new look. It isn't exactly catching on. So Sakurai will want to put in the Mewtwo that everyone knows and loves from Melee.

These are just some reasons. There are reasons why Frieza and Superbuu (Buuza? Fribuu?) might make it in over Mewtwo.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Mainly considering that Sakurai cares more about overall popular reps of the franchise than that of new-appearances. I'm sure repping the new gen of Pokemon through a new playable character isn't entirely in Sakurai's mind as we speak, at least that's what I can assume, but if it's true that he cares about the overall representation than what's recent, we'll get the Mewtwo we all know and love. And don't worry, I don't hate Lucario, but i've been using an Eevee ever since Red and Blue so it's pokemon that's stuck with me. Not my favorite pokemon though, that's Giratina.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It's a bunch of speculation with insults littered throughout them.
Post them

"PlatinumGamer is expressing why something doesn't work! HE'S A PRICK! CRUCIFY THE NON BELIEVER!"

I don't like what you said, Noah. So it's not a decent argument. I'm just going to end the argument because of that.

Seriously if it's not what you guys want, you get mad. Oh, this guy has a different opinion, INSTANT IGNORE! You go so far as to act as if your suggestions for these Zelda characters are flawless and certain.

You seriously need to learn when to shut up.

I'll gladly accept your opinion, but that doesn't mean I have to think you're right, nor does it mean I must refrain from proving something wrong.
I can't exactly be wrong about an opinion, now can I? You really don't learn from your mistakes, do you?

And take this as you will, I really don't care, but I don't get in arguments I can't win.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Jesus, again Noah?

Can someone else report him this time? He should already be banned on the basis of making a second account, if not at the very least for once again making the thread his stomping grounds rather than a place of debate.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well at least that was good for a couple of laughs.

Anywho, heres another slightly edited roster of mine.

Again, you should know by now chrom&Lissa means Chrom&Lucina or robin to show off the Pair Up feature of FEA.
Ganondorf/Ganon transformation has a high chance of just being Ganondorf, but the potential is still there.
Waluigi, Luigi needs his doppleganger now and sports rep.
King Boo, can rep Luigi's Mansion or Super Mario and being year of Luigi and all and very interesting playstyle though there is chance that it could be Bowser Jr. also.
Toon Zelda&Tetra, goes with Toon Link.
Dixie, K. Rool VS Dixie comes down to personal refrence and I feel like Dixie has the chance and no its not because of recentcy.
Charizard over Pokemon Trainer is because they might decide Trainer is to much hassle to deal with and Charizard is the most popular Pokemon of all time but Trainer might come back to. I don't care either way as long as I get Charizard. :L
4th Starfox rep, Krystal is the only major rep Starfox is now missing. And please don't bring up the argument of Starfox not getting 4 reps before DK or w/e as I really doubt it actually matters, in fact same thing goes for the whole Mario VS other series having more reps. I really doubt Sakurai cares about that kind of thing, not saying for sure he doesn't just that I doubt he does.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
1. Read your first sentence... pretend I wrote it (because I did). IT WAS MY OPINION. IMO, IMO, IMO, IMO, IMO, IMO.
Are you honestly correcting me for agreeing with you?

2. Never said that. So I am not going to respond to a hypothetical argument that you put in my mouth.
MorbidAltruism said:
I hardly think they have anything to do with Nintendo.

3. Of course it isn't. That is the target audience though. So my point still stands. I mean we already have a few obscure characters, and I am sure we will get plenty more.
The "target audience" will buy it as long as Mario, Link, and Pikachu (and other big names) have their faces plastered all over it. Plus just because they aren't as well known as like... the original 8 doesn't mean Isaac and Shulk are obscure... your knowledge of Nintendo isn't the be all and end all.

4. That goes without saying. I actually said it anyways though to avoid this situation that we are now in.
You brought this point up... if you wanted to avoid this situation entirely... why did you even bring it up?

5. When did I say that? Do you mean when I referenced Brawl's roster?
MorbidAltruism said:
So why the hell are they restricted to 4 character slots?

6. They aren't in the game... now are they? So I guess Brawl's roster is still the exact same as I mentioned it was.
I didn't say you were wrong about how many slots were in finished Brawl for those series, I said you were wrong to assume they were restricted to four because obviously they were planned to have more, and in fact did have more, in a previous game.

7. I never said that. I said I didn't like it. He was asking for opinions... not "facts". So I don't even see what you are getting at. I correlate the two as anime-esque characters with unknown series that didn't sell very well.
You said having both is a no-no. So obviously having one would be fine, but not both, and since it's one or the other, obviously they would somehow be tied and would somehow restrict each other.

And you should check Golden Sun's sales again.

8. Why not? It is a public internet forum. I can do whatever I want. Why do I need to agree with you to like what you said? I cannot even begin to fathom how fallacious that very notion is. Believe it or not, someone can appreciate what you are saying without completely agreeing with it.
Because it's atypical, so I wanted to know why. Why are you so mad?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
One of the reasons Majin Mewbuu (Buutwo) might not get in as the sole representative of Mewtwo is because it isn't his original form. That would be like putting SSJ3 Goku in a game without actually having Goku as a playable character. It doesn't make sense. Another reason might be because Mewtwo is a returning veteran. He appeared in Melee as his original form... he will probably be appearing in Smash 4 as his original form. Another reason is that Awakened Form is perfect Final Smash material. The last reason he might not appear in his Newtwo form is because most Pokemon fans don't really like the new look. It isn't exactly catching on. So Sakurai will want to put in the Mewtwo that everyone has knows and loves from Melee.

These are just some reasons. There are reasons why Frieza and Superbuu (Buuza? Fribuu?) might make it in over Mewtwo.
Just to add onto this train of thought with why Mewtwo is such a good character for a spot this time:

I think Sakurai would be wise to avoid "flavor of the month" characters this time around. Ike and Lucario are in a tough spot where they could be cut for more relevant reps BUT then we loose their movesets and people became attached to these characters in smash. It's a better Idea to rep characters that will always be the "face" of the franchise and not just who's popular at the moment. Mewtwo can accomplish both being current and being a recognizable face of the franchise. FE I keep mentioning has a huge issue here due to, similar to pokemon, the game series changes who the current "face" of the series is and thus it's hard to keep just adding who's current, over reping or having to cut old characters while smash fans become attached to the character and moveset.

my suggestion is cutting lucario for mewtwo while we have this chance at being "current" and just getting pokemon reps to be the original starters(pkmn trainer) the face of the franchise (pikachu) japans favorite (jigglypuff) and the original legendary ultimate pokemon (mewtwo).

To fix fire emblem I suggest obviously keeping Marth, keeping Ike due to smash fans liking him, and bringing Roy back due to smash fans REALLY wanting him back and then NOT adding anyone new this time so that doesnt become the tradition but taking the opportunity to give marth an alternate costume as lucina (masked as marth) that way reping awakening and the current series without over reping FE and dooming us to forever over rep FE in smash. Hopefully sakurai thinks up a similar solution here.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
My God, for the sake of Mighty Lord Arceus, WE NEED TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT!

Uuuuuuhhhhmmmm...let's see now...(takes out list of topics) Let's see now...Oh!

I've got it! Let's discuss ideas for representation from franchises that may or may not be in Smash Bros. For example...

I would love something in Smash Bros 4 that would show some love to Kirby's Epic Yarn, which, in my opinion, is a great game.

And to chill out the situation...some peaceful Epic Yarn music...

I feel much more relaxed now....:)

Reznor

work in progress
4th Starfox rep, Krystal is the only major rep Starfox is now missing. And please don't bring up the argument of Starfox not getting 4 reps before DK or w/e as I really doubt it actually matters, in fact same thing goes for the whole Mario VS other series
why does Star Fox need a 4th rep its a dead franchise that doesn't have the nostalgia the NES reps have

mimgrim

Smash Hero
why does Star Fox need a 4th rep its a dead franchise that doesn't have the nostalgia the NES reps have
I don't think its far enough gone to be called dead yet. Even if the most recent installment was a remake, it is still a game of the series. Nintendo knows about. To soon to go calling it dead yet imo. If Starfox doesn't get a game in about 2 years or so then I will agree its dead. Until then it's dead yet in my eyes.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Well at least that was good for a couple of laughs.

Anywho, heres another slightly edited roster of mine.

Again, you should know by now chrom&Lissa means Chrom&Lucina or robin to show off the Pair Up feature of FEA.
Feel free to use this icon I made for your Chrom&Lucina slot.

Waluigi, Luigi needs his doppleganger now and sports rep.
Yeah... I can really see this happening (even though such an idea really bothers me ._.).

King Boo, can rep Luigi's Mansion or Super Mario and being year of Luigi and all and very interesting playstyle though there is chance that it could be Bowser Jr. also.
I think King Boo doesn't really fit due to his lack of feet and arms. Though I think Bowser Jr. fits better in the slot instead because he's done more villainy in the Mario series.[/quote]

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I feel like giving you some feedback.

-First note, I highly doubt we'd get both Waluigi AND Bowser Jr. I know you said that it was due to you thinking it was too small, but if that's the case, I suggest putting Diddy Kong back in over Waluigi. You get to keep the extra slot, and keep Diddy that way. And don't worry, DK can more than likely get these three with no replacements necessary. Heck, it's possible that it might get four slots.
-I disagree with removing Toon Link, but that's probably my "no cuts" mentality speaking. Spirit Tracks Link and Windwaker Link are different, so it can be justified, despite the Spirit Tracks stage. Maybe put him over Ghirahim?
-With StarFox, I find it highly unlikely that Krystal would get in at the expense of Falco or Wolf. The StarFox roster from Brawl is far more likely in a three slot situation.
-With Pokemon, I'd suggest definitely adding another slot for Lucario or the Pokemon Trainer, and then replace Zoroark with whichever one of the previously mentioned two you didn't already add, essentially making the Pokemon roster "Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo." It's definitely large enough to warrant the slots.
-I don't see Chrom entering at Ike's expense. I'm a big Chrom fan, but honestly, he shouldn't make it in over Ike, considering Ike's flavor in Smash is completely unique. I do think Fire Emblem can warrant four slots, though. Just my opinion.
-Where's ROB? He's not getting cut. Maybe you just forgot him.
-Speaking of which, you didn't add any new retro character. I'd suggest adding Takamaru.
- I don't see Snake leaving if Sonic stays. Sakurai put in Snake as a friendly favor to Kojima, so it would be rather rude of him to take him out, considering they're friends.

Just my opinions. :)
- Oops, I can't believe I forgot ROB! I agree, he's not going anywhere.
- Little Mac's retro though, right? :p
- I hope Snake is back, but I took him out because I've a lot of people being doubtful of his return.

But thanks for the other suggestions as well, I'll update my roster with yours and everyone else's feedback in mind later. I'll be back to post it to see what everyone thinks. :b:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I don't think its far enough gone to be called dead yet. Even if the most recent installment was a remake, it is still a game of the series. Nintendo knows about. To soon to go calling it dead yet imo. If Starfox doesn't get a game in about 2 years or so then I will agree its dead. Until then it's dead yet in my eyes.
I second this. We can't call Starfox dead yet, especially since I'm sure that the folks at Nintendo know just how much people love Starfox. Also, if I'm getting my information right, isn't Starfox the most referenced Miyamoto series in Nintendo gaming? They've got a ton of easter eggs dedicated to this franchise in many different games, the most memorable ones obviously being the Arwing battle in Ocarina of Time and the assortment of Starfox accessories found in the Animal Crossing series. I think F-Zero is a little farther along the lines of being dead than Starfox, but at least Captain Falcon can live on in Smash Bros...and in our hearts...because as long as there are moves that must be shown, he will always be there.

God Bless Captain Falcon, the manliest man that ever existed. HYES!

You know you're manly when you wear gloves ON your gloves! :grin:

Morbi

Scavenger
Are you honestly correcting me for agreeing with you?

The "target audience" will buy it as long as Mario, Link, and Pikachu (and other big names) have their faces plastered all over it. Plus just because they aren't as well known as like... the original 8 doesn't mean Isaac and Shulk are obscure... your knowledge of Nintendo isn't the be all and end all.

You brought this point up... if you wanted to avoid this situation entirely... why did you even bring it up?

I didn't say you were wrong about how many slots were in finished Brawl for those series, I said you were wrong to assume they were restricted to four because obviously they were planned to have more, and in fact did have more, in a previous game.

You said having both is a no-no. So obviously having one would be fine, but not both, and since it's one or the other, obviously they would somehow be tied and would somehow restrict each other.

And you should check Golden Sun's sales again.

Because it's atypical, so I wanted to know why. Why are you so mad?
1. No. I thought you were correcting me for agreeing with you. Now that we are on the same page. I think it would be logical to note that I simply do not care for those characters.
2. Yes. Of course, that wasn't my point though. I was just bringing up the premise that not many people even know who they are. Myself included.
3. I didn't actually want to avoid it. I lied. I actually like arguing. It is why I am on the internet.
4. I was referencing Brawl's roster. I don't actually think a franchise is restricted. It was a reference with some hyperbole, if anything it could be summarized as poor word choice or a simple case of you taking my words too literally.
5. Yes. You are correct. I wouldn't mind one of them. There is no hypothetical restriction. I simply don't want both. I do not care which one. I already alluded to the notion that they are both anime-esque characters in games that never really sold too well. That is obviously how I view them. So there is a correlation to me.
6. Would it happen to be more than... Mario/Zelda/Donkey Kong/StarFox/Wii Fit/Animal Crossing/Megaman? That is my ONLY point. It isn't even a very good one. However, it should be noted.

Lastly. I would like to mention that this all started because I gave my opinion on someones roster. So obviously if you like Xenoblade/Golden Sun that is your prerogative. I just don't think that the characters really fit in the universe. I don't like the characters. I don't want both characters. That is my opinion. You do not have to share it. I don't really see why quoting lines that you misinterpreted is helping your argument though. It is simply an opinion derived from no rational thought. So you can continue to... respond to me. Or you can drop it and realize that everyone has a different opinion. I am not going to change my mind. I am fairly certain that Shulk/Isacc are not iconic enough to make it in the game. That is just my perspective on things.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
- Oops, I can't believe I forgot ROB! I agree, he's not going anywhere.
- Little Mac's retro though, right? :p
- I hope Snake is back, but I took him out because I've a lot of people being doubtful of his return.

But thanks for the other suggestions as well, I'll update my roster with yours and everyone else's feedback in mind later. I'll be back to post it to see what everyone thinks. :b:

-Haha, okay. Just making sure. :laugh:
-Well, technically he's not retro anymore, since the new game in the series came out in 2009. So he's already been revived. :p
-Fair enough.

Reznor

work in progress
Miyamoto in an interview pretty much said Starfox isn't a priority along with F-Zero so most people are taking this info as "Starfox and F-Zero are dead"
here is the link
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/20/dont-get-your-hopes-up-for-f-zero

just because I'm using a link from IGN doesn't mean I like them just saying :bubblebobble:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Feel free to use this icon I made for your Chrom&Lucina slot.

Yeah... I can really see this happening (even though such an idea really bothers me ._.).

I think King Boo doesn't really fit due to his lack of feet and arms. Though I think Bowser Jr. fits better in the slot instead because he's done more villainy in the Mario series.
I'll mkae sure to use that icon for my next roster.

Lemme dig up my moveset for King Boo.... He has potiental.... Cause he has fins and a tail and can float a little bit above the ground for move.....

Jab Attacks - Attack with the right Boo fin first then with the left Boo fin and then finally sticks out his tounge with decent knockback. First two attacks are somewhat fast but the last attack is a bit slower and has the chance of being shielded.

Foward Tilt - Extents both Boo fins into a clap like atack with them. Decent speed and power.

Up Tilt - Does a sommersault hurting anyone who gets caught up in it.

Down Tilt - Atacks with his Boo Tail.

Foward Smash - Rams with his whole body forward. Decent range.

Up Smash - Uses his Boo fins to attacks upwards, simmaler to like how Link's Up Smash works.

Down Smash - Summons two boos that that go out on both side with a moderate range before dissapering again.

Dash Attack - Does a body slam tipe thing.

Air neutral - Boos float in a circle around him hurting anyone they touch.

Foward Air - Summons a Boo to his fin and attacks with it. His fastest Air attack.

Backward Aid - Sticks out his tail backwards attack with it.

Up Air - Summons a boo to his fin and attacks with it upwards.

Down Air - summons a Boo to his fin and attacks with downwards, has spike power.

Neutral Special - Sticks out tounge and swallows up oppented and bites on them and then spits them out.

Side Special - Throws Boos fowards, spommable.

Up Special - Teleports.

Down special - It's a counter type move, he'll do some kind of counter preperation animation and if he gets hit during it he will teleport behing the person who hit him (No mater the range) scare them and make them unable to move for a few seconds giving King Boo the chance to attack them.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yeah, finding a Retro character that isn't Little Mac or Takamaru (Samurai Warriors 3), is tough.

Mach Rider is my default option. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Or Muddy Mole if we want to get a bit creative. :awesome:

Status