• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Not really, he's a retro character at the very least.
Would you call Takamaru a WTF character?
He's not really a good retro character. And comparing him to Takamaru is ridiculous. He's nowhere near the level of Ice Climber, Punch-Out, and Balloon Fight. Takamaru is way more popular than Prince Sable. Frog Bell Tolls is an obscure game. He's just an obscure Japanese GB game. He is not even close to a Nintendo All-Star.

So this is a generic roster people want but we probably wont get.....
Claims one doesn't know how things work.

Adds Classic Link over Toon Link :facepalm:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He's not really a good retro character. And comparing him to Takamaru is ridiculous. He's nowhere near the level of Ice Climber, Punch-Out, and Balloon Fight. Takamaru is way more popular than Prince Sable.
Both games are japan-exclusives, that's how they are similar.
You must try the game first of all if you're gonna blurt things about him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Claims one doesn't know how things work.

Adds Classic Link over Toon Link :facepalm:
It's hardly as impossible as you think. Classic Link is getting quite a bit of publicity lately, and it's not just ALBW. He's also present in the Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages which are getting released on the 3DS VC.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm really confused for all of your Zelda choices.

If Toon Link gets cut, it's not going to be so he can be replaced with another Link. There's no way Classic Link would get in if it's over Toon Link. I think you're only reason for adding him is LBW. As well as Giriham being added just because SS was the most recent Zelda game. Toon Link is better and more unique, as well as more preferred. Plus Toon Link works because he differs from normal Link more than Young Link or Classic Link does.

You're versions for Zelda characters are also confusing. What reason could one possibly have for having OOT Ganondorf. That's more of a suggestion and not a prediction. Also why would we remove Sheik for Impa? People aren't gonna be happy about that.

And SS Zelda. The TP styled design was kind of an overall design for the characters, that's why Link has it in SSB4. So why would Zelda not? Let alone the fact that the SS design of Zelda represents SS alone. Plus I honestly doubt this design will ever be used in future Zelda games unless a sequel to SS. You're using a design that represents ONE specific Zelda game, rather than a mixture of multiple Zelda games (which is why Link has the TP styled design.)

4 Kirby reps is very unlikely, not to mention we have all the Kirby reps we need. We have Kirby, Meta Knight, AND King Dedede. Another character is unnecessary. And why Magalor?

Sylveon would be awesome to have, but I can't say one way or another. I don't know if she's really the one to represent X & Y. It may be a Poke'mon not shown off yet or more likely NeoMew.

Congrats on having a roster that's not generic, Sylveon is a unique choice. Also I think K. Rool should be a starter, not an unlockable.
The addition of Classic Link is more of following the trend of the past Smash games, each having a variation of Link from a different game to represent different parts of the timeline. Ghirahim is more added due to how undeniably popular he is and how many people are dying to see him come back.

The reason it's OoT Ganondorf is that thanks to Oot3D, it's the latest version of Ganondorf we've seen, and we already know that Oot3D is getting recognition thanks to the Gerudo Valley stage in the 3DS version. And I'd like to add that it's NOT Twilight Princess Link. It's a combination of the Link from the E3 2011 Wii U Tech Demo and the bright color palette of the Skyward Sword Link. Also, we've already seen that Skyward Sword is being represented thanks to the Skyloft Stage, and the SS Zelda is, in my honest opinion, the best designed Zelda so far. She's adorable! Not to mention she's known better as blonde than a brunette. If you have Skyward Sword as a stage, you need to have a character to represent it, which makes Zelda the best choice. And Impa is obvious if you know about the story of Skyward Sword.

The reason for Magolor is that it's a character that Sakurai has stated he has interest in bringing back again, especially after his second appearance in the 20th Anniversary Collection. Not to mention he could have a unique play-style thanks to usage of various dark magic powers and the use of the Lor Starcutter.

Sylveon is representing more than just 6th Gen, it's representing one of the most loved and popular families of Pokemon in the series while being unique in its own sense. It represents alot of history the Eevee family has with the Pokemon series and the fact that Eevee is the single most-used main pokemon in Pokemon games, even if used by a rival. Not to mention that the family is alot more important to the franchise than that of Zoroark and Lucario.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not really, he's a retro character at the very least.
Would you call Takamaru a WTF character?
I would call Takamaru a surprise character if he didn't have popularity or recent reappearances. Which is basically what Sable is.

Sure they'd also be retro, but if the only prerequisite to be a WTF character is to be unexpected (which I very much doubt), then yeah, Sable could be one as well, by your logic.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So this is a generic roster people want but we probably wont get.....

I'm sorry I read that as "THE generic roster people want but we probably wont get", I'm thinking that the roster everyone wants looks more like this:
50characterexpectationRoster.png

50 characters, no cuts, mewtwo/roy added back, All the most wanted/expected characters make it in.

I doubt we'll get 50 spots and I doubt we'll get all the expected most likely characters. Sakurai prefers throwing curve-balls instead of whats expected/deserving/popular

This is the roster that logically makes sense but we won't get. Most roster predictions are some combination of these characters, with characters cut to make space and a smaller roster, Then you add some slightly less likely choices in attempts to predict what Sakurai might choose and we'll actually end up with.

But this is the roster that you'd come up with if you go on pure popularity and likelihood.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
No, This is:
View attachment 1325

50 characters, no cuts, mewtwo/roy added back, All the most wanted/expected characters make it in.

I doubt we'll get 50 spots and I doubt we'll get all the expected most likely characters. Sakurai prefers throwing curve-balls instead of whats expected/deserving/popular

This is the roster that logically makes sense but we won't get. Most roster predictions are some combination of these characters, with characters cut to make space and a smaller roster, Then you add some slightly less likely choices in attempts to predict what Sakurai might choose and we'll actually end up with.

But this is the roster that you'd come up with if you go on pure popularity and likelihood.
How does Fire Emblem having as many characters as Mario and Zelda and Pokemon out-repping everyone else logical exactly?

Morbi

Scavenger
No, This is:
View attachment 1325

I was reading your comment. At first, I thought you were kind of full of yourself. Then I actually looked at your roster... completely changed my mind. You are right on the money. I loved this part particularly (highlighted).

@Hotfeet444
This is a no cuts roster. So naturally Ike and Marth would stay. You then bring back a character and add a newcomer. Technically when Sakurai plans a roster, everyone is up for consideration again. So Roy wouldn't necessarily be a resurrection, he would be part of the initial plans. I believe he was in Brawl, he was just cut for time. Chrom is the most expected Newcomer. So technically FE would only be getting one additional roster spot. Which most people expect seeing as the franchise has grown in popularity.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The addition of Classic Link is more of following the trend of the past Smash games, each having a variation of Link from a different game to represent different parts of the timeline. Ghirahim is more added due to how undeniably popular he is and how many people are dying to see him come back.

The reason it's OoT Ganondorf is that thanks to Oot3D, it's the latest version of Ganondorf we've seen, and we already know that Oot3D is getting recognition thanks to the Gerudo Valley stage in the 3DS version. And I'd like to add that it's NOT Twilight Princess Link. It's a combination of the Link from the E3 2011 Wii U Tech Demo and the bright color palette of the Skyward Sword Link. Also, we've already seen that Skyward Sword is being represented thanks to the Skyloft Stage, and the SS Zelda is, in my honest opinion, the best designed Zelda so far. She's adorable! Not to mention she's known better as blonde than a brunette. If you have Skyward Sword as a stage, you need to have a character to represent it, which makes Zelda the best choice. And Impa is obvious if you know about the story of Skyward Sword.

The reason for Magolor is that it's a character that Sakurai has stated he has interest in bringing back again, especially after his second appearance in the 20th Anniversary Collection. Not to mention he could have a unique play-style thanks to usage of various dark magic powers and the use of the Lor Starcutter.

Sylveon is representing more than just 6th Gen, it's representing one of the most loved and popular families of Pokemon in the series while being unique in its own sense. It represents alot of history the Eevee family has with the Pokemon series and the fact that Eevee is the single most-used main pokemon in Pokemon games, even if used by a rival. Not to mention that the family is alot more important to the franchise than that of Zoroark and Lucario.
Toon Link was added because it was a better choice than Young Link. Not some stupid tradition of always having a new version of Link. The second Link was only replaced once and for an actual good reason. There is no tradition.

OOT3D is NOT a reason to have OOT Ganondorf. People are NOT picked because the most recent installment. Not to mention it's a remake which doesn't count. Gerudo Valley was added because it's a very iconic location in Zelda history. Not just because OOT 3D came out. But, it gives them a reason to add it because it's a handheld game. That means Fox would have been the design from StarFox 64 3D! Also a stage does not mean you will get a character. There was an animal crossing stage in Brawl. There is a Nintendogs stage in SSB3D, There is a Spirit Tracks stage in SSB3D, so I guess that means we have to have a Spirit Tracks character. Not to mention you have Giriham, so you don't need SS Zelda to represent the stage. Skyloft is just a stage. Stages get added because of recency NOT characters, you don't have to have a SS character OR desing in SSB because of a stage, that is just silly. Even Young Link was mostly the design of OOT, and there was a Majora's Mask stage (Which was even the most recent Zelda game)

No offense, but the release of OOT3D is a really stupid reason to have him. I'm sorry, but adding characters from the 3 big franchises for no reason, but a recent appearance needs to stop. It's unbelievably annoying and illogical. Impa is not going to replace Sheik. All of your Zelda choices are incredibly farfetched with the exception of Giriham.

Also it doesn't really matter who the character is, there is nothing wrong with Mahalor. But, we do not need another Kirby rep. Also I have no objections to Sylveon.

It's hardly as impossible as you think. Classic Link is getting quite a bit of publicity lately, and it's not just ALBW. He's also present in the Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages which are getting released on the 3DS VC.
Then I guess VC releases of Majora's Mask counts as Skull Kid making more appearances. :glare:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Well, I decided to try out the new icons and make a new roster.

Roster total: 49

Newcomers: Paper Mario, Ghirahim, Classic Link, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Shulk, Magolor, Palutena, The Villager, King K.Rool, Wii Fit Trainer, Mewtwo, Sylveon, Chrom, MegaMan

Cut: Toon Link, Lucario

Thoughts?
Seems pretty good, few things I disagree with though
-Impa and Zelda are important enough to have their own slots
-Ghirihem is basicly another case of Zant and Midna
-I think Toon Link would work best as our 2nd Link if any.
-I don't really think we will see another Kirby character and if we do it will probably be Badanna Dee or Dark Matter
-I don't really see how Sylveon would be very feasible and is being very much overshadowed by Buutwo at the moment so I would recommend adding back Lucario.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I was reading your comment. At first, I thought you were kind of full of yourself. Then I actually looked at your roster... completely changed my mind. You are right on the money. I loved this part particularly (highlighted).

@Hotfeet444
Which most people expect seeing as the franchise has grown in popularity.
It's great that it's grown in popularity...but growing to the same level of popularity and success as Mario and Zelda in that short a time-span? Not a chance, not even close actually.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
This is a random comment, but how does one determine who deserves to get in the game? What factors go into play here exactly that make people determine when one character "deserves" a spot versus another? Genuine question here, because I don't get it.

Popularity? I get that. Interesting move-set? I get that. Someones favorite character? I get that too. Deserves to get in? I don't get that at all.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Toon Link was added because it was a better choice than Young Link. Not some stupid tradition of always having a new version of Link. The second Link was only replaced once and for an actual good reason. There is no tradition.

OOT3D is NOT a reason to have OOT Ganondorf. People are NOT picked because the most recent installment. Not to mention it's a remake which doesn't count. Gerudo Valley was added because it's a very iconic location in Zelda history. Not just because OOT 3D came out. But, it gives them a reason to add it because it's a handheld game. That means Fox would have been the design from StarFox 64 3D! Also a stage does not mean you will get a character. There was an animal crossing stage in Brawl. There is a Nintendogs stage in SSB3D, There is a Spirit Tracks stage in SSB3D, so I guess that means we have to have a Spirit Tracks character. Not to mention you have Giriham, so you don't need SS Zelda to represent the stage. Skyloft is just a stage. Stages get added because of recency NOT characters, you don't have to have a SS character OR desing in SSB because of a stage, that is just silly. Even Young Link was mostly the design of OOT, and there was a Majora's Mask stage (Which was even the most recent Zelda game)

No offense, but the release of OOT3D is a really stupid reason to have him. I'm sorry, but adding characters from the 3 big franchises for no reason, but a recent appearance needs to stop. It's unbelievably annoying and illogical. Impa is not going to replace Sheik. All of your Zelda choices are incredibly farfetched with the exception of Giriham.

Also it doesn't really matter who the character is, there is nothing wrong with Mahalor. But, we do not need another Kirby rep. Also I have no objections to Sylveon.

Then I guess VC releases of Majora's Mask counts as Skull Kid making more appearances. :glare:
Why does it matter what form we get? I actually think that HotFeets is the best because like mine(with the exception of switching Sheik with Impa) represents each big Zelda game having OoT Ganondorf and SS Zelda and everything Link.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why does it matter what form we get? I actually think that HotFeets is the best because like mine(with the exception of switching Sheik with Impa) represents each big Zelda game having OoT Ganondorf and SS Zelda and everything Link.
It's a preference/suggestion NOT a prediction. That's why it matters. Kind of another case of:

"This is the character I want so it works. I don't want the character you predicted so it doesn't work."

Morbi

Scavenger
-I don't really think we will see another Kirby character and if we do it will probably be Badanna Dee or Dark Matter
-I don't really see how Sylveon would be very feasible and is being very much overshadowed by Buutwo at the moment so I would recommend adding back Lucario.
I love your avatar Hercule/Mr. Satan is my favorite DBZ character.

- They ARE important enough. However, he replaced Sheik with Impa. So he expects the same transform mechanic to appear in Smash 4.
- Ghiriham is MUCH more important than Zant or Midna. He set the whole series in motion (plot wise). Of course he only appeared once, but he contributes more than Zant.
- Agreed.
- Agreed... however, I think Knuckle Joe has a higher chance than Dark Matter.
- Agreed 1000x over. (Sylveon hater here...)

Just wanted to tell you that I loved your avy. Just didn't want to get off topic. :rotfl:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
How does Fire Emblem having as many characters as Mario and Zelda and Pokemon out-repping everyone else logical exactly?
Logical meaning the choices everyone expects all make it.

Also Star Fox got 3 reps in brawl while Donkey Kong had 2 and I'm pretty sure popularity does not = amount of reps.

My logic is based in past Smash Rosters and how Sakurai works, Smash has sadly never been the type to have: Mario gets the most reps then pokemon = zelda reps then 3 for all the other "main series" and 2 for less deserving etc... If that was the case Ice Climbers would never have been a character.

I agree, If I could take Smash away from Sakurai give it to a nintendo poll that people just vote on what characters make it and it's all repped nice and even I'd do it, but it's not how it works.

Fire emblem fell into this position through poor past choices: Making clones in melee meant we got 2 fire emblem reps while more deserving series like Donkey Kong sat around with just one, this in turn made Roy popular among the smash community and now he has a large following to have him return (him and mewtwo are the most wanted characters in japan). Then in Brawl Ike was added, not a poor choices on the surface except now we have a game series that gets a new protagonist in every installment with 3 Reps in the smash series whos movesets people become attached to and then these characters become significantly less relevant in the current installment of the fire emblem series itself. Then series fans want that the current protagonist of the series to get representation, and due to past choices of Ike it seems fitting they should but the game series is far less popular than some of the more iconic series however because of these choices fire emblem is set up for possibly having 4 reps. Now if melee just added Marth, or if Brawl brought back just Marth and Roy and choose to not rep the "current" but fleeting Lord Ike then we wouldn't have this issue, but we do.

Pokemons similar but it has handled itself better reping mostly very popular Gen 1 pokemon so not to NEED a rep for each generation or simply who is current, personally I strongly suggest cutting Lucario this time around to avoid any future problems with this sort of "flavor of the month" representation. Sorry to sound so harsh to Lucario fans but understand he was popular at the time, not necessarily the face of the franchise.

I've suggested ways to get around the FE problem, mostly making Roy or masked Lucina a costume for marth and then giving FE just 2 or 3 reps (marth Ike and possibly some combination of Roy or Chrom mattering to what costume you give marth). So no I don't think FE deserves 4 reps while mario gets no new ones but the LOGICAL choices this time, as in who people want and expect, do make FE get a large disproportionate number of Reps.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This is a random comment, but how does one determine who deserves to get in the game? What factors go into play here exactly that make people determine when one character "deserves" a spot versus another? Genuine question here, because I don't get it.

Popularity? I get that. Interesting move-set? I get that. Someones favorite character? I get that too. Deserves to get in? I don't get that at all.
Here?

1. If it made a recent appearance.
2. If it's requested.
3. If we say so.

Who it is, what they do, or what impact they had on Nintendo's history is not very important. (most of the time)

Get ready for fuuuuuuuuuuuun :colorful:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh sorry. I guess we can't put a personal twist on anything anymore. We have to be 100% serious and have to cast our preferences aside.

Also:
Classic Link has appeared more than Skull Kid, even without remakes.

Nobody knows why Toon Link was added over Young Link, but it's a fairly decent idea to say that it was because of recency. Recency definitely matters with character design. If it didn't we would still have Ocarina of Time Link, which hasn't reappeared since Melee. Every Zelda character has had an update to their looks, so I'd think it's fair to say that they will look different to some degree.

While I'm skeptical of Classic Link over Toon Link, it's entirely possible.

@ Noah, I would recommend you stop saying things as if you in fact know why they were added. You have no idea. The users here are simply making educated guesses. Stop being a prick.

Morbi

Scavenger
Here?

1. If it made a recent appearance.
2. If it's requested.
3. If we say so.

Who it is, what they do, or what impact they had on Nintendo's history is not very important. (most of the time)

Get ready for fuuuuuuuuuuuun :colorful:
This. I mean obviously the highlighted part is what most people mean by "deserve". Their impact on their franchise or Nintendo in general is fairly significant. On the forums it is usually an arbitrary or subjective notion that entails the worth of a character.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I've been trying to figure out lately what the final SSB4 roster will look like based on what I've read and who has a reasonable and decent shot of making it in. I've also been figuring on who might be leaving/replaced. Here's what I have for now, it could use a few additional characters, but for right now I think it looks all right. NOTE: This is not based on my personal preferences of characters. Take a look:

Any opinions?​

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

It is a tradition in a sense, and I'd also like to add in that Classic Link looks to have the characteristics to be a truly unique Link for once, and represents more than just LBTW, but more along the lines of all the classic top-down games that play a huge part in the franchise's history.

Actually, Gerudo Valley as a stage IS because of OoT3D. I mean seriously, it's not too difficult to see that it's a handheld exclusive stage, which means it's in there because of the 3D remake. If it was because it's a famous location, it'd be on the console version since the original Ocarina of Time was on the N64 home console. And in case you haven't noticed...the way Zelda characters work is that they take their appearance from their most recent game appearance, that's something you'd need to be blind to not notice. Not to mention the design of Fox is pretty similar between Command and 64 if not one just being a better looking version of the other. And also, you said to add Toon Link, which Spirit Tracks is part of the Toon Link trio of games, so in technicality...yes, to you, there would be a Spirit Tracks character. And I picked SS Zelda because I like her design, and you haven't given any arguments as to why she isn't a good choice.

And also, you seriously have some issues if you honestly think my Zelda Choices are farfetched. Seriously though, the main Zelda stages always have some connection to the current games, and even though there's no solely based Majora's Mask character in Melee, Young Link is somewhat supposed to represent both Ocarina of Time AND Majora's Mask and the fact that it's the same Link from Ocarina of Time so putting it in one style doesn't mean it doesn't also show respect for something else.

Seriously though, nothing you gave is a decent argument other than "It happened here once" and "recency means nothing" and so on and so forth. And I'm just going to stop with you because there's no way in heck I'm letting you start up another Dry Bowser-esque argument.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Importance to the overall series (and the series overall importance and prominence within Nintendo), popularity, and potential (though most commonly brought up candidates all have potential, so they sort of cancel each other out) are probably the biggest factors (and characters who possess all three are usually among the most likely), but around here there's a lot of bias, so people often bend the rules of what they think qualifies or how much "their" characters possess these factors to meet their own opinions.

Ofc the rules for inclusion aren't rigid, and they aren't the same for every character, but those three are a good start. ;)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yes, you can say that, but Takamaru has made international appearances even if his main game is only in Japan.
There was also a place in Link's Awakening where you could meet Richard's villa.
Richard is one of the characters from For the Frog the Bell Tolls.
At least it also made some international appearance.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oh sorry. I guess we can't put a personal twist on anything anymore. We have to be 100% serious and have to cast our preferences aside.

Also:
Classic Link has appeared more than Skull Kid, even without remakes.

Nobody knows why Toon Link was added over Young Link, but it's a fairly decent idea to say that it was because of recency. Recency definitely matters with character design. If it didn't we would still have Ocarina of Time Link, which hasn't reappeared since Melee. Every Zelda character has had an update to their looks, so I'd think it's fair to say that they will look different to some degree.

While I'm skeptical of Classic Link over Toon Link, it's entirely possible.

@ Noah, I would recommend you stop saying things as if you in fact know why they were added. You have no idea. The users here are simply making educated guesses. Stop being a prick.
Nobody knows why Toon Link was added???? How about that Young Link isn't used anymore and that Toon Link is the new Young Link. Not to mention Toon Link is more unique and different from Adult Link than Young Link is. Toon Link IS a Young version of Link so in a way it's both a Young Link & Toon Link combining the characters in one.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm sorry I read that as "THE generic roster people want but we probably wont get", I'm thinking that the roster everyone wants looks more like this:
View attachment 1325

It needs Starfy.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
1.) Impa and Zelda will not get their own slots. If Impa has any shot at this game, it's as a partner to SS Zelda.
2.) Only people actually really want him to come back.
3.) We already have some signs pointing to a lack of Toon Link
4.) Dark Matter is a character that's been long gone for a while, and Magolor is pretty reminiscent of Dark Matter.
5.) We know nothing about how Mewtwo would be added, and Eevee family >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucario. The point is I'm never adding Lucario back in my roster.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Nobody knows why Toon Link was added???? How about that Young Link isn't used anymore and that Toon Link is the new Young Link. Not to mention Toon Link is more unique and different from Adult Link than Young Link is. Toon Link IS a Young version of Link so in a way it's both a Young Link & Toon Link combining the characters in one.

Again, stop acting like you're five years old. Sure, he's unique. But why didn't they just put Young Link back in with the same attributes? Because the Toon Link design was more recent most likely.

By your logic, shouldn't we be getting Classic Link instead?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I've been trying to figure out lately what the final SSB4 roster will look like based on what I've read and who has a reasonable and decent shot of making it in. I've also been figuring on who might be leaving/replaced. Here's what I have for now, it could use a few additional characters, but for right now I think it looks all right. NOTE: This is not based on my personal preferences of characters. Take a look:

Any opinions?
Why did you cut Diddy Kong?

Morbi

Scavenger
It is a tradition in a sense, and I'd also like to add in that Classic Link looks to have the characteristics to be a truly unique Link for once, and represents more than just LBTW, but more along the lines of all the classic top-down games that play a huge part in the franchise's history.

Actually, Gerudo Valley as a stage IS because of OoT3D. I mean seriously, it's not too difficult to see that it's a handheld exclusive stage, which means it's in there because of the 3D remake. If it was because it's a famous location, it'd be on the console version since the original Ocarina of Time was on the N64 home console. And in case you haven't noticed...the way Zelda characters work is that they take their appearance from their most recent game appearance, that's something you'd need to be blind to not notice. Not to mention the design of Fox is pretty similar between Command and 64 if not one just being a better looking version of the other. And also, you said to add Toon Link, which Spirit Tracks is part of the Toon Link trio of games, so in technicality...yes, to you, there would be a Spirit Tracks character. And I picked SS Zelda because I like her design, and you haven't given any arguments as to why she isn't a good choice.

And also, you seriously have some issues if you honestly think my Zelda Choices are farfetched. Seriously though, the main Zelda stages always have some connection to the current games, and even though there's no solely based Majora's Mask character in Melee, Young Link is somewhat supposed to represent both Ocarina of Time AND Majora's Mask and the fact that it's the same Link from Ocarina of Time so putting it in one style doesn't mean it doesn't also show respect for something else.

Seriously though, nothing you gave is a decent argument other than "It happened here once" and "recency means nothing" and so on and so forth. And I'm just going to stop with you because there's no way in heck I'm letting you start up another Dry Bowser-esque argument.
Actually no one is sure that Gerudo Valley is only on the 3DS version of the game. That is just making an assumption based on no evidence. I mean I suppose you could try to justify it by saying that we got Skyloft on Wii U and Spirit Tracks on 3DS... so there is NO way we would be getting a neutral stage on both. I would obviously not even bother giving you a response because that logic is flawed. The trailer wasn't the entire game. It was a few clips.

Now could Gerudo Valley only be on the 3DS? Of course. Is Gerudo Valley a 3DS exclusive? No one knows.

Secondly, I have to agree with the Zelda characters always getting current designs. I honestly hope Zelda gets her SS look. It is my favorite, by far.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Because we don't know what happens after LttP Link.

Like for all we know, we could get Majora's Mask remade afterwards.

Morbi

Scavenger

Any opinions?
1. You replace Falco for Krystal... nice. As a Star Fox fan I agree... as a Smash fan? I definitely disagree.
2. As someone mentioned earlier... where is Diddy?
3. Zoroark replacing PKMN Trainer and Lucario? Nice... that would be hilarious.
4. Adding Waluigi and Bowser Jr. is overkill. We will probably only get one of them.
5. Isaac and Shulk? Too many anime-esque characters for my heart...
6. Roy replacing Ike? He BETTER have a redesigned move-set. I would be pissed if they replace meh boy with a clone.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's nothing wrong with getting both Isaac and Shulk. They both merit inclusion imo, and they wouldn't play anything alike. It shouldn't matter what they look like.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Why did you cut Diddy Kong?
Mainly because I've seen a lot of people who say that King K. Rool is a better representative than Diddy. I have nothing against Diddy, but based on what I've seen I've noticed a lot of players want him to be replaced. :confused:

[Edit]
- I love both Falco and Ike, but I have a sinking feeling that they aren't returning. I think Falco has a good chance of staying due to being a melee veteran, but with wolf being a villian, I feel like he also has a decent chance of staying too, so it was hard for me to decide who was more likely to be cut (I don't think there will be 4 Starfox characters). About Ike, I wish he could stay too, but I'm almost certain he's leaving.
- I do believe Waluigi and Bowser Jr. is overkill, but I felt my roster was too small so I added them both.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
After LTTP Link, what should be next?
I don't think any new Links are coming after LttP Link.
It all depends on what new designs Link gets in years to come. But it's a little more than just LTTP Link, it's more just the classic Link and the roots of Link's franchise, and all the unique abilities to be taken from the games. I'd personally love a Side + B Pegasus Boost.

Actually no one is sure that Gerudo Valley is only on the 3DS version of the game. That is just making an assumption based on no evidence. I mean I suppose you could try to justify it by saying that we got Skyloft on Wii U and Spirit Tracks on 3DS... so there is NO way we would be getting a neutral stage on both. I would obviously not even bother giving you a response because that logic is flawed. The trailer wasn't the entire game. It was a few clips.

Now could Gerudo Valley only be on the 3DS? Of course. Is Gerudo Valley a 3DS exclusive? No one knows.

Secondly, I have to agree with the Zelda characters always getting current designs. I honestly hope Zelda gets her SS look. It is my favorite, by far.
I'm pretty sure it's clear that the stages we have on both consoles now are exclusives to either consoles. Also, Smash Bros usually brings in stages from recent games in the franchise, and why would they randomly bring back Gerudo Valley if not for the fact that it's an exclusive stage for the 3DS because of the remake? Not to mention there's alot to work with when it comes to console Zelda games, so I'm sure that Zelda, like Mario, will have stages completely unique for both consoles. For example, I can imagine a Starship Mario stage from Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii U version.

Morbi

Scavenger
There's nothing wrong with getting both Isaac and Shulk. They both merit inclusion imo, and they wouldn't play anything alike. It shouldn't matter what they look like.
I don't think either of them "merit" inclusion. Obviously the very notion is subjective. I didn't even know they existed until I joined the forums (with the exception of Isacc as he was an assist trophy... even then I didn't know who the hell he was). I am a Nintendo fanboy, I hardly think they have anything to do with Nintendo. I think most casual Nintendo fans won't even recognize them. I say build on what we already have. Add some Zelda, Metroid, StarFox, Mario, Donkey Kong... the franchises EVERYONE will recognize. I doubt I am alone. Some people just buy the current Nintendo console for Mario/Zelda. So why the hell are they restricted to 4 character slots? That is just me though. I already know other franchises are worthy. We could also use some new blood. Having both characters in though? No. No. NO.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Mainly because I've seen a lot of people who say that King K. Rool is a better representative than Diddy. I have nothing against Diddy, but based on what I've seen I've noticed a lot of players want him to be replaced. :confused:
Whoever says this is crazy. Sure K. Rool is a fine representative of DK, but only after DK and Diddy. Diddy is much more important, he's been playable numerous times, he's more popular and more well-known, Nintendo still uses him regularly, and has even been the main protagonist more than once.

DK himself > Diddy > other DK characters.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

I don't like what you said, Noah. So it's not a decent argument. I'm just going to end the argument because of that.

Your Zelda choices are farfetched in every meaning of the word.

OOT3D is why Gerudo Valley is a handheld stage. Not why it IS a stage. And in case YOU haven't noticed, the TP designs are a mixture of OOT & TP, where as SS is just SS. And if Fox is a mixture of Command and 64, than you admit the same should work for Zelda characters, a mixture of other Zelda games rather than specifically 1. Also you said that my suggestion of keeping Toon Link means characters are added because of stages. How does that work? In your roster Toon Link isn't a character, there are no Spirit Tracks characters.

Also you said "You haven't given any arguments as to why she isn't a good choice" again because you don't like what I said, you refuse to acknowledge that what I said ever existed.

Let me Copy & Paste what I already said:
The TP styled design was kind of an overall design for the characters, that's why Link has it in SSB4. So why would Zelda not? Let alone the fact that the SS design of Zelda represents SS alone. Plus I honestly doubt this design will ever be used in future Zelda games unless a sequel to SS. You're using a design that represents ONE specific Zelda game, rather than a mixture of multiple Zelda games (which is why Link has the TP styled design.)

Link has an overall design. Your Zelda does not. And if it's the most recent versions what about Ganondorf, I hardly think Remakes count.

Also how do you propose to "not let somebody start a debate" about a likely character.

Seriously if it's not what you guys want, you get mad. Oh, this guy has a different opinion, INSTANT IGNORE! You go so far as to act as if your suggestions for these Zelda characters are flawless and certain. PlatinumGamer is expressing why something doesn't work! HE'S A PRICK! CRUCIFY THE NON BELIEVER!

It's just a different opinion that's clearly reasonable, stop taking things so seriously and learn to accept that not everybody is going to have the same roster as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom