• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Goooooood afternoon everybody. Hope you're all doing well, I have a little gift for those of you that work with Roster Maker.

Just a couple of custom icons for a bit of variation. Also, drawings of Ghirahim, Classic Link and Sylveon coming later today.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Goooooood afternoon everybody. Hope you're all doing well, I have a little gift for those of you that work with Roster Maker.

Just a couple of custom icons for a bit of variation. Also, drawings of Ghirahim, Classic Link and Sylveon coming later today.
Oh no... this is making me want to make character icons in the way I drew them on my roster... must resist...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of more icons, someone should make icons of the characters from the old Derp Roster. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it, Ringside would definitely be an interesting fighter.
-He's a wrestler. We don't have any wrestling/grappling characters yet.
-His series is rhythm based, which could translate into having a fighting style that emphasizes keeping a beat and rhythmic combat (like Marth's Dancing Blade or DK's Kongo Beat, but more). With the above possibly could invent a completely new style called "Rhythm Lucha" :troll:
-He could "borrow" techniques from the Pro Wrestling characters to "revive" the franchise without reviving it. :awesome:

...I wonder if I should start calling him "Rhythm Luchador".

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Well, I decided to try out the new icons and make a new roster.

Roster total: 49

Newcomers: Paper Mario, Ghirahim, Classic Link, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Shulk, Magolor, Palutena, The Villager, King K.Rool, Wii Fit Trainer, Mewtwo, Sylveon, Chrom, MegaMan

Cut: Toon Link, Lucario

Thoughts?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Made these four as a warm-up. While I'm not completely satisfied with how they turned out, if you guys like it I'll gladly continue.

Gune

Smash Lord

Newcomers: Paper Mario, Ghirahim, Classic Link, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Shulk, Magolor, Palutena, The Villager, King K.Rool, Wii Fit Trainer, Mewtwo, Sylveon, Chrom, MegaMan

Thoughts?
Rest of the roster is fine only problem is Lucario being cut :c but dont wanna start another 4 page Pokemang argument so that's all im saying....For now...

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
He's from Kirby's Return to Dreamland, but I can't remember what role he plays.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Now with DLC, been waiting to do this for a while:
49 character (slots) total:
Newcomers:
1. Wii Fit Trainer
2. Megaman
3. Villager
4. Tom Nook
5. Pac-Man
6. Mii
7. Chrom
8. Shulk
9. Ridley
10. Palutena
11. Ridley
12. Starfy
13. Harry
14. Prince Sable
15. Takamaru
16. Isaac
17. Little Mac

Cuts:
1. Ike
2. Wolf
3. Toon Link
4. Lucario

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
1. I explained my Sylveon and Ghirahim earlier.
2. Magolor is very unlikely. Bandanna Dee is the go-to character for a 4th Kirby rep.

That's all I suppose.
Care to tell me what you said about Sylveon so I don't need to go searching through endless pages of Noah? Also, Bandana/Waddle Dee is kind of underwhelming for a Kirby rep.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Now with DLC, been waiting to do this for a while:
49 character (slots) total:
Newcomers:
1. Wii Fit Trainer
2. Megaman
3. Villager
4. Tom Nook
5. Pac-Man
6. Mii
7. Chrom
8. Shulk
9. Ridley
10. Palutena
11. Ridley
12. Starfy
13. Harry
14. Prince Sable
15. Takamaru
16. Isaac
17. Little Mac

Cuts:
1. Ike
2. Wolf
3. Toon Link
4. Lucario

Well... I guess you have made a few improvements... but what on earth is your reasoning for Harry? Virtual Boy rep? :facepalm:

There's also like no way we're gonna get 20 DLC characters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not very fond of the roster, (remove Harry, Hades and Mii, put back Ike, Lucario and Wolf at least).

The DLC names are creative though. :p

Care to tell me what you said about Sylveon so I don't need to go searching through endless pages of Noah? Also, Bandana/Waddle Dee is kind of underwhelming for a Kirby rep.
Well, Sylveon isn't an important pokémon compared Zoroark or Lucario. And his chances kind of crashed after Newtwo was revealed.

On Bandanna Dee, being underwhelming is an opinion really. Magolor is just a one-off villain like Zant or Ghirahim.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, Sylveon isn't an important pokémon compared Zoroark or Lucario. And his chances kind of crashed after Newtwo was revealed.

On Bandanna Dee, being underwhelming is an opinion really. Magolor is just a one-off villain like Zant or Ghirahim.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.
I'm not sure about that. Sylveon is part of a family of Pokemon that are, when combined, the most popular and famous pokemon family in the franchise. Zoroark and Lucario are interesting in their own rights, but neither of them can hold a candle to the Eevee family in terms of overall importance to the franchise, which includes Sylveon. I'm also going to add that we don't even know how Mewtwo is going to be added into the game, so instantly assuming it's Awakened Forme Mewtwo is kind of presumptuous.

And I'd like to add in that Magolor actually came back after Return to Dreamland.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Harry is a WTF character :p
But considering Nintendo really doesn't want the Virtual Boy remembered, he really doesn't even stand a shot as a WTF character. Plus, we already have Wii Fit Trainer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah that's what makes him a great WTF character to add.

How so? At the very least, the Game and Watch, Wii Fit and ROB are positive aspects of Nintendo history. Plus, we already have our "WTF" character niche...Sakurai specifically referred to Wii Fit Trainer as this.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Being unexpected won't overshadow the fact that Nintendo wants to forget the Virtual Boy and anything associated with it, as well as the fact that there are many characters just as unexpected that don't carry that stigma with them.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah that's what makes him a great WTF character to add.
Prince Sable is WTF character material. :p

How so? At the very least, the Game and Watch, Wii Fit and ROB are positive aspects of Nintendo history. Plus, we already have our "WTF" character niche...Sakurai specifically referred to Wii Fit Trainer as this.
Who knows, maybe we'll get another one. ....I will just say that I hope it's Sukapon and hope...just hope...just like with Sylveon. :c

I think a great WTF character to add would be Balloon Fighter. :troll:
It would be a good idea...but the Villager killed him and took his hat. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ual-boy-wii-vitality-sensor-lay-offs-etc.aspx

One of Nintendo's investors asked about the possibility of Virtual Boy games appearing in the 3DS Virtual Console. Iwata didn't offer anything concrete, but he did offer some hope for people interested in playing Virtual Boy games on their 3DS:

I cannot talk about any unannounced products on occasions like this, but Virtual Boy is a game console Nintendo launched in the past that allows players to experience a 3D world in black and red only by just looking into it. It was not a commercial success, but some say that it was an attractive and extremely unique product by the standards at that time. I believe your comment is that we should take advantage of our software assets from Virtual Boy and I would like to take note of that advice for the future.
There's a few positive things told here.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Thoughts?
I'm really confused for all of your Zelda choices.

If Toon Link gets cut, it's not going to be so he can be replaced with another Link. There's no way Classic Link would get in if it's over Toon Link. I think you're only reason for adding him is LBW. As well as Giriham being added just because SS was the most recent Zelda game. Toon Link is better and more unique, as well as more preferred. Plus Toon Link works because he differs from normal Link more than Young Link or Classic Link does.

You're versions for Zelda characters are also confusing. What reason could one possibly have for having OOT Ganondorf. That's more of a suggestion and not a prediction. Also why would we remove Sheik for Impa? People aren't gonna be happy about that.

And SS Zelda. The TP styled design was kind of an overall design for the characters, that's why Link has it in SSB4. So why would Zelda not? Let alone the fact that the SS design of Zelda represents SS alone. Plus I honestly doubt this design will ever be used in future Zelda games unless a sequel to SS. You're using a design that represents ONE specific Zelda game, rather than a mixture of multiple Zelda games (which is why Link has the TP styled design.)

4 Kirby reps is very unlikely, not to mention we have all the Kirby reps we need. We have Kirby, Meta Knight, AND King Dedede. Another character is unnecessary. And why Magalor?

Sylveon would be awesome to have, but I can't say one way or another. I don't know if she's really the one to represent X & Y. It may be a Poke'mon not shown off yet or more likely NeoMew.

Congrats on having a roster that's not generic, Sylveon is a unique choice. Also I think K. Rool should be a starter, not an unlockable. And why not have 50 if you go as far as 49?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom