• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Well, if you can pardon me, I do have a theory to that.

I'll use a recent crossover game, Pokemon Conquest. This game is a huge crossover between Pokemon and the tactical RPG Nobunanga's Ambition. The main character you play as in this huge crossover game needs a really iconic pokemon and pokemon that matters to the franchise. You'd think they'd give you Pikachu since it's the series mascot and the most iconic pokemon in the world. No...they give you an Eevee.

They wanted a pokemon that's likeable, that's iconic, and means alot to the franchise, and Eevee was their choice. I'd also like to point in that Eevee has been available in every gen since its release and that the Eevee family of Pokemon have been the main pokemon of more games than that of Pikachu. And it's of course a very iconic pokemon, in the anime it's seen as Pikachu's rival as Gary's Eevee, in Yellow it's your rival's ultimate pokemon, and all of its different evolution choices make it the most popular pokemon family in the series. It may not be the popular pokemon overall, but it's definitely up there. And up until Gen 5, it was this super-special pokemon that has always been a one-time a file thing, so it keeps this status for a good amount of time. Also, like Pikachu, it was one of the first pokemon to be confirmed to be catchable in Generation 6. Eevee may not be THE mascot of Pokemon, but I'd honestly say he's pretty close.

Edit: Didn't Eevee also rank higher than Pikachu in the Top 100 most popular pokemon list that IGN did? I wouldn't know since I kind of hate IGN for being the Nintendo hating ***** that they are, but still.
I've always had this idea for an Eevee character that would be impossible implement, but I always thought was cool. It would start out every match as Eevee but could evolve depending on how it acted with it's B down. If it did more special attacks to opponents, it would involve in Jolteon. If it did more normal attacks, it would involve into Umbreon. If it did more throws, it would evolve into Glaceon. And now, if it did more aerial attacks, it would into Sylveon. It's an impossible idea, but that's where I would go with the character. So it could represent every generation (nintendo era wise) of pokemon.

But going back to the topic, I don't see how we can have a full roster of returning veterans for Pokemon reps. There should be at least one new one, not including Mewtwo. If it was all returners I would be disappointed.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
A few years ago, I had this crazy idea for Eevee that involved digging using Down Special for stones/shards that would evolve it.

But that'd be like a 9-in-1 character at this point which is just more nuts than it's worth.

But I do agree with Hotfeet. Eevee's family does a lot in Pokemon. It's the rivals starter in Yellow, the player's starter in XD, it's evolutions are starters in Colosseum, and (I think) Espeon and Umbreon play a big role in that newest Mystery Dungeon game that I'll never get because it looks lame.

Starbound

We're talking about Fire Emblem again?

Apparently Eevee is a Fire Emblem character now.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The point is he's appeared as BOTH individual AND the same. Dry Bowser is a very famous, important, and recurring transformation and I'm VERY certain he will be a form in SSB4. And although Wikis claim Dry Bowser to be a different entity, I don't believe Nintendo officially did. The only person I ever recall them claiming as a different entity was Metal Mario in Mario Kart 7 & SSB. But, that doesn't make "Metal Mario" permanently and always a separate entity. If the Metal Box appears in SSB4 and Mario gets it that wouldn't make him a different person. And Dr. Mario & Young Link were never considered separate entities either.

So this whole Dry Bowser being a seperate entity in 3 out of 6 games doesn't mean anything nor does it mean he CAN'T be the same entity in SSB4 through a transformation.

As for Porky. It could work, but it seems highly unlikely (to me at least) I think we will either get another protagonist or just keep it Ness & Lucas.
I never said that it was impossible for him to be a transformation. I was saying that you were insisting that Dry Bowser was ALWAYS the same being as Bowser in all his appearances and not a separate being in some of them.

Evee IS too much.

Also if we are going back to the Fire Emblem debate, allow me to react accordingly:
I...
I...what? Your reaction videos are starting to scare me.
Untitled-2.png

We're talking about Fire Emblem again?

Apparently Eevee is a Fire Emblem character now.
No, Evee is.

---

D

Deleted member

Well, if you can pardon me, I do have a theory to that.

I'll use a recent crossover game, Pokemon Conquest. This game is a huge crossover between Pokemon and the tactical RPG Nobunanga's Ambition. The main character you play as in this huge crossover game needs a really iconic pokemon and pokemon that matters to the franchise. You'd think they'd give you Pikachu since it's the series mascot and the most iconic pokemon in the world. No...they give you an Eevee.

They wanted a pokemon that's likeable, that's iconic, and means alot to the franchise, and Eevee was their choice. I'd also like to point in that Eevee has been available in every gen since its release and that the Eevee family of Pokemon have been the main pokemon of more games than that of Pikachu. And it's of course a very iconic pokemon, in the anime it's seen as Pikachu's rival as Gary's Eevee, in Yellow it's your rival's ultimate pokemon, and all of its different evolution choices make it the most popular pokemon family in the series. It may not be the popular pokemon overall, but it's definitely up there. And up until Gen 5, it was this super-special pokemon that has always been a one-time a file thing, so it keeps this status for a good amount of time. Also, like Pikachu, it was one of the first pokemon to be confirmed to be catchable in Generation 6. Eevee may not be THE mascot of Pokemon, but I'd honestly say he's pretty close.

Edit: Didn't Eevee also rank higher than Pikachu in the Top 100 most popular pokemon list that IGN did? I wouldn't know since I kind of hate IGN for being the Nintendo hating ***** that they are, but still.
Being more popular on a poll =/= being higher up of a mascot.
Pikachu will always be the face of Pokémon.

As for Conquest, bear in mind that Eevee gives the most options for an evolution, making it the best choice for a strategy game where the focus is to have your character grow and evolve as well as their Pokémon.
And for the anime, the clear rival for Pikachu is Meowth, not Eevee. Meowth is the 2nd most prominent Pokémon within the anime after Pikachu, and the two are almost always against each other. Sure, Eevee was Gary's Pokémon, but it never had a connection to Pikachu other than defeating Pikachu in one battle. Not even in what they are to their Trainers do they have a connection. Pikachu is Ash's first Pokémon. Gary's was a Squirtle. Eevee was just some Pokémon that Pikachu battled and lost to. Even after it's evolution to Umbreon, there isn't much interaction between the two.

Why Eevee was used as the rival Pokémon in Yellow, hard to say. But it is likely that Eevee was chosen for the fact it was the only Pokémon with multiple evolutions to allow variety that starting with a Pokémon other than one of the three starters would not allow on its own.

That's not to say Eevee isn't popular or considerably a mascot for the franchise. But if I'm going to be honest, I'd say Pichu is the closest to being right after Pikachu as a mascot, given that Pichu is one of the most marketed Pokémon in merchandise and has been since its debut in Gen 2. Eevee, not as strong, but close.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
But going back to the topic, I don't see how we can have a full roster of returning veterans for Pokemon reps. There should be at least one new one, not including Mewtwo. If it was all returners I would be disappointed.
I bolded that because I couldn't possibly agree more. Pokemon is a series that is always changing, and having all the same Pokemon from the past game would be completely and utterly boring. If you're going to have a series that is always changing, you need to change the characters around. Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are the big three faces of Pokemon, they're the most iconic pokemon in the world, so you need them. The Pokemon Trainer...I'm not even sure how I feel about it anymore. It was an interesting idea, but it honestly doesn't feel like more than a cheap excuse to include Charizard to me as of now. If they were to actually change his appearance and make him use different pokemon, maybe I'd think differently, but right now that's what I feel about it.

Lucario just feels like any other pokemon to me now, it's lost its luster ever since the days of Gen 4. I mean really, getting the egg from Riley, raising up that baby Riolu to become the one Lucario you'd ever get in that save file, so you'd better use it to the best of its abilities. What's it now? You don't like how this Riolu plays? That's okay, you can just go catch another...before the first gym. That sucked the magic out of that pokemon, he didn't feel important anymore, he was just your average pokemon now rather than actually being something special. It was partially the same with Eevee, but since Eevee has many different options, it seems more okay that Eevee would be catchable normally at some point, especially since Bill usually talked about this place where he always caught his Eevees and such.

I wouldn't cry if Lucario and Pokemon Trainer are cut, I'd be more upset if we get nothing new that hasn't already been in a previous Smash game. But don't get me wrong on what I'm saying either, I don't hate Lucario or Charizard or the Pokemon Trainer in general, they just don't seem as special to the Smash Bros series as the big three do. So...if you don't mind, I'll just be over here in the corner supporting Genesect and Sylveon for Smash Bros 4...there's always room for more to join.

"Nobody joins"

.........I have cookies? :c

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
I wouldn't cry if Lucario and Pokemon Trainer are cut, I'd be more upset if we get nothing new that hasn't already been in a previous Smash game. But don't get me wrong on what I'm saying either, I don't hate Lucario or Charizard or the Pokemon Trainer in general, they just don't seem as special to the Smash Bros series as the big three do. So...if you don't mind, I'll just be over here in the corner supporting Genesect and Sylveon for Smash Bros 4...there's always room for more to join.

.........I have cookies? :c

You get ice cream.

PlatinumGamer64

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2062-9155-7188
I think NeoMew should be his own character. Transforming between the two would be more pointless than the Dry Bowser Transformation (Not saying that is pointless).

#1 He'd mainly be represented as "Mewtwo" thus, not and X/Y rep
#2 Why transform into something that doesn't look that different, it's a waste of time.
#3 NeoMew would either have similar attacks or more powerful attacks. Making the transformation pointless or making it pointless to NOT be NeoMew. The difference between :sheilda: & :samus2:/ :zerosuitsamus:would not be as unique.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Evee IS too much.
Am I on ignore on this account? Am I wasting my time here? I hope I'm not.

I'd like to know where you get the idea that Dry Bowser is a likely prediction while Eevee isn't. Despite Mario being a more massive series than Pokemon, Eevee has a considerably larger amount of popularity than a rather obscure character like Dry Bowser. Dry Bowser has only appeared in 7 Mario games, which is absolutely tiny when you consider the 200+ Mario games that exist. Eevee, in comparison, has been a featured character in various Pokemon games, including as the rival's choice in Pokemon Yellow, your starter in Pokemon XD and Pokemon Conquest, a playable starting character in the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, and a special one-only Pokemon able to be received in various main-series games. On that basis, Eevee has a lot more star-power than Dry Bowser.

Now, I'm not actually arguing in favor of including Eevee as a playable character. Not by a long-shot. I am saying, however, that you simply dismiss Eevee as a choice yet hold Dry Bowser in regard as a viable character. That is very much hypocritical, especially when you're also preaching of how open-minded you are compared to most everyone else here. If you're going to call us criminals for dismissing Dry Bowser as not making an appearance as anything more than an alternate costume, please, reach your own standards and don't brush off a character that's just as likely.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I never said that.
Hahah Yeah, nice try. before I continue DRY BOWSER IS NOT A SEPERATE CHARACTER. That's like the 4th time I had to say that. Who would assume that Dry Bowser would be an individual character????

#2: DRY BOWSER IS NOT A SEPARATE CHARACTER. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I think a better way to say that would be:
"Dry Bowser didn't start off as his own character, so I think he should be a transformation in SSB4."

I bolded that because I couldn't possibly agree more. Pokemon is a series that is always changing, and having all the same Pokemon from the past game would be completely and utterly boring. If you're going to have a series that is always changing, you need to change the characters around. Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are the big three faces of Pokemon, they're the most iconic pokemon in the world, so you need them. The Pokemon Trainer...I'm not even sure how I feel about it anymore. It was an interesting idea, but it honestly doesn't feel like more than a cheap excuse to include Charizard to me as of now. If they were to actually change his appearance and make him use different pokemon, maybe I'd think differently, but right now that's what I feel about it.
Personally, if there's going to be an iconic Pokemon newcomer, Meowth should be one of them.

Lucario just feels like any other pokemon to me now, it's lost its luster ever since the days of Gen 4. I mean really, getting the egg from Riley, raising up that baby Riolu to become the one Lucario you'd ever get in that save file, so you'd better use it to the best of its abilities. What's it now? You don't like how this Riolu plays? That's okay, you can just go catch another...before the first gym. That sucked the magic out of that pokemon, he didn't feel important anymore, he was just your average pokemon now rather than actually being something special. It was partially the same with Eevee, but since Eevee has many different options, it seems more okay that Eevee would be catchable normally at some point, especially since Bill usually talked about this place where he always caught his Eevees and such.
I don't like cuts and replacements, but if they replace one flavor of the month with another, I guess I'll deal with it.
But I hope Lucario and Mewtwo both make it in.

So...if you don't mind, I'll just be over here in the corner supporting Genesect and Sylveon for Smash Bros 4...there's always room for more to join.
So does that mean my dear Grovyle can be in as a fighter and Shedinja can join in as a joke character?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Am I on ignore on this account? Am I wasting my time here? I hope I'm not.

I'd like to know where you get the idea that Dry Bowser is a likely prediction while Eevee isn't. Despite Mario being a more massive series than Pokemon, Eevee has a considerably larger amount of popularity than a rather obscure character like Dry Bowser. Dry Bowser has only appeared in 7 Mario games, which is absolutely tiny when you consider the 200+ Mario games that exist. Eevee, in comparison, has been a featured character in various Pokemon games, including as the rival's choice in Pokemon Yellow, your starter in Pokemon XD and Pokemon Conquest, a playable starting character in the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, and a special one-only Pokemon able to be received in various main-series games. On that basis, Eevee has a lot more star-power than Dry Bowser.

Now, I'm not actually arguing in favor of including Eevee as a playable character. Not by a long-shot. I am saying, however, that you simply dismiss Eevee as a choice yet hold Dry Bowser in regard as a viable character. That is very much hypocritical, especially when you're also preaching of how open-minded you are compared to most everyone else here. If you're going to call us criminals for dismissing Dry Bowser as not making an appearance as anything more than an alternate costume, please, reach your own standards and don't brush off a character that's just as likely.
I'd like to say that it was more about including Sylveon in Smash Bros 4 than Eevee, but since it's the same family I guess you can classify it as Eevee in a sense.

PlatinumGamer64

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2062-9155-7188
I think a better way to say that would be:
"Dry Bowser didn't start off as his own character, so I think he should be a transformation in SSB4."
I was saying (To the several people not listening) Dry Bowser would not be a separate character IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS.

Meaning he would be a transformation and NOT someone you can pick off the roster like Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario.

Lots of dopes were like "Why should Dry Bowser be in instead of Toad, or Rosalinaaaaa????" He wouldn't because he's not going to be a separate character in SSB4. That's a stupid idea. Being a transformation (in looks or moves) on the other hand is almost certain.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Enough of Eevee, let's talk about the #1 Pokemon of all time, Cubone!
Haha, Cubone and Marowak are actually my favorite Pokemon. In fact, I actually made a moveset for Marowak that I could dig up if you want.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Lots of dopes were like "Why should Dry Bowser be in instead of Toad, or Rosalinaaaaa????" He wouldn't because he's not going to be a separate character in SSB4. That's a stupid idea. Being a transformation (in looks or moves) on the other hand is almost certain.
You didn't listen to earlier points, though. Dry Bowser still takes time to develop, just as much as any other character does. Whether or not he's a different character slot, he still has to have warrant to being playable besides "just because he can". The time taken to add Dry Bowser could just as easily go to another character entirely.

I certainly hope you wouldn't say an alternate form for Bowser should have a higher priority than a newcomer like Little Mac or Isaac...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I was saying (To the several people not listening) Dry Bowser would not be a separate character IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS.

Meaning he would be a transformation and NOT someone you can pick off the roster like Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario.

Lots of dopes were like "Why should Dry Bowser be in instead of Toad, or Rosalinaaaaa????" He wouldn't because he's not going to be a separate character in SSB4. That's a stupid idea. Being a transformation (in looks or moves) on the other hand is a almost certain.
Still, he wouldn't offer anything different from Bowser like Sheik, ZSS, and the PT pokemon does.

PlatinumGamer64

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2062-9155-7188
Haha, Cubone and Marowak are actually my favorite Pokemon. In fact, I actually made a moveset for Marowak that I could dig up if you want.
Forget them!

G to the A to the S to the T to the L to the Y

GASTLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
No, I thought you were claiming me to be stupid when you claimed I predicted a character I never predicted.
Oh, no I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't claim anyone stupid unless they showed actual stupidity.
(Also Dry Bowser is not an individual character nor is he THE final smash, he's the Zero Suit Samus of the Final Smash.) I also never attempted to conceal myself.
Ah. Well that is still technically a character spot. It actually takes more development time to create something like Zero Suit Samus.
Brawl, to Masahiro Sakurai, has 39 characters.
These include Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard as separate characters.
So considering that Dry Bowser probably shouldn't get priority over characters like Toad, Waluigi, and Bowser Jr.. I'd say something like an Alternate Costume would be better suited for him, at least for now.
Giygas isn't a horrible idea. I mispoke. I doubt he is going to make it. (Others can learn from this open minded statement.) If we were going to get a villian (Which I don't think we will.) That it should be Masked Man. I think it should either be Ninten, Ness, & Lucas or just Ness & Lucas.
Ah. It would have made more sense if you said that first.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

I don't see how he would transform. In New Super Mario Bros, he transformed by falling in lava. Would he have a special move or final smash where he falls in lava?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And I just found my old Marowak moveset! :D

[COLLAPSE="Marowak Moveset"]

Marowak Moveset

Overview:
Marowak is by all means a savage character. His brutal club moves do quite a bit if used in succession. Being a Ground-Type, he is naturally weak in the air, with the exception of a meteor smash. When it comes to Marowak’s techniques, he hits hard when he manages to get a hit. He himself is a rather speedy character, but his moves come out a bit slow. He’s also pretty small and light, as a reference to some of his ‘Dex entries making note of this, so he’s easily knocked around. What he lacks in size is, again, made up for in sheer power of his Smashes and Specials, as well as his Down Throw.

Normals:
A: Bone whack for 5%
AA: Bone Whack for 5%
AAA: Spins the bone in front of him like a baton. It sucks the foe in and causes 1% per hit in a rapid succession.
Dash Attack: Leaps forward and smashes the foe on the head with the bone. A slow but strong attack, doing 12%

Tilts:
Forward Tilt: Marowak uses Bone Club, and simply whacks the foe with a bone. It can be done with quick succession and causes a bit of stun. 2% per hit.
Up Tilt: Twirls the bone above his head to cause 5%
Down Tilt: Marowak sweeps his tail across the ground. It does 4%

Smashes:
Side Smash: Marowak charges up and hits the foe with his Bone Club like a Baseball Bat. Does 15% fully charged.
Up Smash: Marowak throws his bone upward and catches on the rebound. The bone goes about one additional head-height upward.
Down Smash: Marowak slams his bone into the ground in front of him three times. Each hit does 6% fully charged, causing 18% if all three hit.

Aerials:
Neutral Air: Marowak grabs the Bone Club with both hands and swings the club in a semi-circle arc in front of him. This is a meteor smash similar to the Ice Climbers’ Neutral Air. It does 8%.
Forward Air: Marowak swings the Bone Club outward in front of him for 3%.
Back Air: Marowak kicks his legs outward and does 5%
Up Air: Marowak does a flip to smack the opponent with his tail for 10%.
Down Air: Marowak does a downward head butt that can work as a meteor smash. Does 9%

Throws:
Grab and Pummel: Marowak grabs the foe and hits them over the head with the bone for 3% each hit.
Forward Throw: Marowak hits the foe away with his Bone Club for 12%.
Back Throw: Marowak throws the foe after grabbing them and violently tosses them aside for 10%.
Up Throw: Marowak throws the foe upward and launches a small rock at them to shoot them back down (Smack Down.) for 11%.
Down Throw: Marowak throws the foe down and relentlessly bludgeons the immobile opponent, ending with a lunge of the bone onto the foe for good knockback. Does 16%.

Specials:

Marowak’s Neutral Special is Bonemerang, one of his signature moves. Marowak tosses his bone forward. Unlike other boomerangs in the game, it is guaranteed to hit twice if it hits. If landed, the foe goes into a dazed state. The Bonemerang then passes through them. On the rebound, however, the daze is negated and the Bonemerang hits again. Each time it hits, the move does 10%, so 20% in all. The boomerang travels about one and a half Brawl Battlefield platforms ahead.

Marowak’s Side Special is Rage. Marowak walks backwards one step before charging at the foe in a blazing fury. While in the running state, the player can input a command as to what Marowak will do.

• Press B while this is going on to have Marowak do Double-Edge and tackle the foe (Marowak takes no recoil due to Rock Head).This does 15%.
  • Press A while this is going on to have Marowak do the move Thrash. Marowak tackles the foe to the ground and violently batters him or her senseless to do a whopping 24%. Marowak has considerable cooldown after doing this, so it is easily punishable if attempted to do at low percentages. It is best used as a finisher due to high knockback.
  • Press nothing during it to have Marowak do False Swipe. When Marowak is in close to the foe, he dashes past them with his bone outstretched. This move does Zero Damage, but instead causes the foe to trip. It can be compared somewhat to an uncharged Wario Waft.
Marowak’s Up Special is Aerial Ace. Marowak does a quick leap into the air and then does a swift dash forward with his bone ready to slash the foe. For an overall effect, think of Donkey Kong’s Spinning Kong move as far as vertical gain, followed by Fox’s Illusion move. A poor vertical gain followed by a horizontal dash. The ascent has no damage or knockback, but being hit by the dash of Aerial Ace causes 16%. Marowak is put into a helpless state afterwards.

Marowak’s Down Special is Stone Edge. Marowak lifts his hands up into the air and a column of sharp stones fly upward from the ground one body length in front of him. The duration is that of Ivysaur’s Bullet Seed, but stronger and less rapid. Each stone does 5%. The attack continues as you hold B, but the stones fly less often the longer it is held, starting at five per second at the maximum down to eventually one stone per second at the minimum. The move will fail if used in the air.

Marowak’s Final Smash is Earthquake. Marowak, upon pressing B and at full force, slams his Bone into the ground. A massive tremor then starts which makes it extremely difficult for an opponent to jump. While on the ground, the opponents continuously take damage. Marowak can trap the foe in a pitfall if he hits the foe with the bone at the start up. The startup causes 34% if the foe is hit, and the actual Earthquake does an additional 30 if the foe gets the full effect, causing 64% in all. The move lacks knockback. After this, Marowak shuts his eyes and poses before resuming the battle (he’s invincible during the short pose.).

Snake Codec (for fun):
[COLLAPSE="Codec"]

Snake: Hey Otacon, I’m fighting some inside-out monster. Its skull’s on the outside.

Otacon: Oh, that’s Marowak, Snake. It’s the Bonekeeper Pokémon. It uses that large bone both as a club and as a boomerang to brutally attack his enemies.

Snake: So it’s a savage? I’ll show it a thing or two. It doesn’t even have a reason to do cheap tricks like that…

Otacon: Actually, Snake, when Marowak was just a young Cubone, its mother was killed, leaving it very depressed. Ever since, it wore her skull to remember her and used one of her bones to fight predators. After it evolved, it became a hard individual that feared nothing, and went savage.

Snake: Family issues, huh? I know how that feels…but it’s still pretty gruesome that it uses its mother’s skull as a helmet.

Otacon: I’d say so, yeah. Just be careful, Snake. The fight can get real ugly real fast.

Snake: Will do, Otacon.[/COLLAPSE]
[/COLLAPSE]

PlatinumGamer64

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2062-9155-7188
Still, he wouldn't offer anything different from Bowser like Sheik, ZSS, and the PT pokemon does.
ATTENTION ALL THIS IS IMPORTANT:

He doesn't have to. He's not something you can change manually.

He transforms to Giga Bowser, goes on a rampage, lights on fire and becomes Dry Bowser. Then he transforms into Giga Bowser and goes back to normal Bowser. That's my prediction. Not a manual transformation and not a separate character on the roster.

Weather Sakurai gives him different moves or not is up to him.

It's not like it eats up development time if he doesn't have his own moves. What is wrong with that? Some developers like to give a little polish to their games. It's not going to eat up time.

It's not as pointless as the Mewtwo transformation.

Oh, no I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't claim anyone stupid unless they showed actual stupidity.

Ah. Well that is still technically a character spot. It actually takes more development time to create something like Zero Suit Samus.
Brawl, to Masahiro Sakurai, has 39 characters.
These include Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard as separate characters.
So considering that Dry Bowser probably shouldn't get priority over characters like Toad, Waluigi, and Bowser Jr.. I'd say something like an Alternate Costume would be better suited for him, at least for now.

Ah. It would have made more sense if you said that first.
Well, I think we got off on the wrong foot. I want to be friends with all on this thread.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

He transforms to Giga Bowser, goes on a rampage, lights on fire and becomes Dry Bowser.

Duuuun duuun duuuunn duuunn duuuunn duuunn dun dun dun dun dun dun... (Please tell me you people know where I'm going with this...)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Oh my god.

Guys, it's apparent that Noah hasn't changed a bit, save for maybe using less larger font sizes and .gifs than last time.

Can we just jump straight to the part where we permaban him? It's clear now that he's only going to dig himself the same hole he made last time.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

He transforms to Giga Bowser, goes on a rampage, lights on fire and becomes Dry Bowser. Then he transforms into Giga Bowser and goes back to normal Bowser. That's my prediction. Not a manual transformation and not a separate character on the roster.

It's not like it eats up development time if he doesn't have his own moves. What is wrong with that? Some developers like to give a little polish to their games. It's not going to eat up time.

How does he light on fire? It sounds like to me he lights himself on fire, unless like a random fireball comes out of nowhere. And since Dry Boswer is undead, wouldn't he be committing suicide?

If he does not have any special properties then what's the point of the transformation? If he does, he still has to programmed, like the clones had to be programmed. And he would also still need to be animated so that would take a time as well.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm a stranger to this reference, is this the guy from Ghost's & Goblins?
The point is that you're basically trying to fit in Dry Bowser on the same way Arthur works his armor in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. He would start with normal armor, then use a hyper combo to gain his King's Armor which would power up his attacks for a certain amount of time, then once the attack would end the armor would break and cause him to run around in his underwear until using the King's Armor hyper combo again.

I don't know what game he originates from but I know of him through Project X Zone. His name is Arthur and on his final attack his armor turns gold and explodes leaving him in boxers. xD
You learned about Arthur from a terrible game like Project X Zone?! Wow, I personally feel really sorry for you. I'll share my Sylveon/Genesect support cookies with you to compensate. :c

Starbound

Yeah it would. There's still animations for it such as walking, running, falling, getting hit, spot dodge, air dodge and more. If it's just the same thing as Bowser with a different model, then why have Dry Bowser in the first place?

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire

Well, I think we got off on the wrong foot. I want to be friends with all on this thread.
Wait, is this a REAL prediction? Or is it what you would like to see in the game?

If it's just your desire, then sure cool idea, we all have weird ideas we'd like to see in the game.

If you are thinking that this has a high probability of happening, then... uhm, sorry to burst your bubble but, as others have said: Dry Bowser could make it in as an alt AT MOST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom